Lag for Xbox 360

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 6:10 am

Save Game -> Boot back to Dashboard -> Go to Storage -> Select Hard Drive -> Press (Y) -> Clear Cache. Then Restart Xbox and Relaod Your Game.

Also dont Run the Game from Hard Drive, Run it Directly from the DVD Drive.
Seriously? The game is much smoother on the HDD without a doubt, i have played portions of both as i had a few texture issues and i was troubleshooting the problem, and First The in game is smoother when switching weapons or alot of actions is happening, running from the HDD lags alot less often, Second what he was talking about going into his UI, well its almost instant on the HDD, but off disc i have notice that it takes a sec, and even switching weapons was an issue sometimes, or just going threw your items was laggy with items taking a mintue to load in. Third if you know anything about Hardware you know that running if off the HDD is much faster than a disc drive in all cases
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 7:15 am

I installed it when I first bought the game just so it could hopefully run smoother, but apparently an 11 MB save is way too much for it to handle.

If you are having problems with it installed then try uninstalling it and running from disc.

I used to have lag in Fallout 3 when the game was installed to HDD but uninstalling removed the lag.
Lucky Boy

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 3:37 am

Seriously? The game is much smoother on the HDD without a doubt, i have played portions of both as i had a few texture issues and i was troubleshooting the problem, and First The in game is smoother when switching weapons or alot of actions is happening, running from the HDD lags alot less often, Second what he was talking about going into his UI, well its almost instant on the HDD, but off disc i have notice that it takes a sec, and even switching weapons was an issue sometimes, or just going threw your items was laggy with items taking a mintue to load in. Third if you know anything about Hardware you know that running if off the HDD is much faster than a disc drive in all cases
Sound logic if only there wasn't a texture streaming bug that occurs while installed.
Tinkerbells

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Sound logic if only there wasn't a texture streaming bug that occurs while installed.

lol i was trying to remember while i read this thread why i didnt want to install that sounds familliar
Alexandra walker

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 10:17 am

thats not much as my neighbors shows up at 33mb

I long for the day a single save matches the size of the gamedata and surpasses 4GB large. :lol:
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm

er dont know how to get rid of this double comment i did by accident so um yh.
Kari Depp

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 3:18 am

I have only lagged once during my 70 hours of play, at a huge ruin with like 20 bandits. But it cleared the instant I slayed this huge spider.
I have done a LOT of quest, finshed companions/mq and done 69 misc quest so my fike size is pretty big. No lag.

This happened to me too, the moment I killed a huge spider, I had my first bout of lag in 50+ hours of play, lasted 10 seconds (longest 10 seconds of my life, thought my Xbox had become a PS3) then it stopped and all was right in the world.
Setal Vara

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 am

I may have figured out why my game lags. It was only lagging when I went to deal with anything related to items, well I went through my inventory and found a glitched key... I have 16,385 copies of the same key, not sure how or why it happened, but getting rid of them might reduce the lag.

EDIT: Problem solved! I rid my character of those 16,385 keys and the lag is gone. The key was the "Dwemer Museum Key", so if you have any problems with lag in you items or loading you might check and see if you're carrying an ungodly number of keys.

Thank you everyone for the help, I didn't realize how simple the problem was and an easy fix.

16,385 keys! Holy sh it!
steve brewin

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 12:37 am

16,385 keys! Holy sh it!

The best part is that I kept one key just in case, and when I saved and quit for awhile then came back I had 32,706 keys. So this time I completely removed the key.
Maria Garcia

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 am

Me and my dad are playing it and we both have xbox... but his model is the arcade and mine is the pro. He is having nothing but problems with lag. I've haven't notice a thing
Michael Korkia

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 am

To those of you not suffering from lag, don't let yourselves be ignorant of this. My game used to run perfectly, which I considered to be an immense achievement from Bethesda, considering how old the Xbox is and how good the game's graphics really are. But my save has climbed to 5mb and I am already seeing stuttering and pauses, even in tiny places like Riverwood, which was never evident before. There is definitely a developing problem that exists for both PS3 and 360 owners, so I sincerely hope Bethesda address the issue with both consoles, because the way it stands right now, I only hear of the PS3 receiving a fix. :(.

As for people advising others to install the game, this does not change the problem. There is also a texture streaming problem existing when installing he game, so I would recommend players don't do this until that is resolved, and even then, installing 360 games seems to always cause texture issues in certain games. I have seen increased texture pop-up, blurry textures that fail to load properly in many games when installed, yet Microsoft did not acknowledge this when I contacted them when the feature was first implemented.
Justin

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 am

Glad you were able to get it fixed!

There's just something so exhilarating about solving problems as a united forum! :wink_smile:
Rachel Eloise Getoutofmyface

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 2:50 am

To those of you not suffering from lag, don't let yourselves be ignorant of this. My game used to run perfectly, which I considered to be an immense achievement from Bethesda, considering how old the Xbox is and how good the game's graphics really are. But my save has climbed to 5mb and I am already seeing stuttering and pauses, even in tiny places like Riverwood, which was never evident before. There is definitely a developing problem that exists for both PS3 and 360 owners, so I sincerely hope Bethesda address the issue with both consoles, because the way it stands right now, I only hear of the PS3 receiving a fix. :(.

im about 35 hours in i have xbox elite and my save game is 7mb and i have NOT ONCE seen or experienced any lag anywhere, maybe i am lucky.
DeeD

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 6:55 am

yeah i got it the day it came out and immediately experienced prolonged waiting periods to tinker w/the menus and the loading takes forever and to make matters worse often times my game freezes when i go thru doors and i have to restart my system and i called gamestop and the guy said he's experiencing the same problem so its not my disc just the game but hopefully this patch will fix this prob too not jus the hardware issues of installing it to your harddrive
Brandi Norton

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim