I am level 1. I want to reach level 50 in Riverwood before l

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:37 pm

I meant you can get pp and arch to 50 each.
BRIANNA

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:43 am

First of all, please don't judge me. If you disagree with power leveling, please don't read any further.

My plan is to level up to 50 before doing the first quest. I want every quest reward, loot, etc. to be at max level throughout my playthrough.

Please don't judge me, but this is how I want my game to go.

I maxed out sneak in Helgen cave by sneaking against a wall by the bear, so that is 100. I used Ralof as a punching bag to get one handed, and two handed both to 50. my pickpocket is at 50 from pickpocketing everyone in Riverwood.

If I level up right now, I will be level 25.

Can someone tell me how this power leveling to smithing works? How is this done? Can it be done at the forge in Riverwood?

What are some other tips to increasing skills rapidly without getting involved in any quests?

Why dont you enjoy the game from lvl 1, instead of going into zombiemode and get tunnelvision from staying in riverwood til lvl 50?

Pwrlvling in a game like this is stupid..... I can understand ppl doing in in online games like WoW.... but a singleplayer, awesome, game like Skyrim?
Man you might just go ahead and watch the end-game videos on youtube and not play it at all....
Dalia

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 am

Or just rush Discerning the Transmundane and use Oghma Infinium. :D
christelle047

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:42 am

For smithing, you can just make Iron Daggers or Leather Bracers. The Smith in Riverwood should sell the materials there, although I can't say I remember. I know Whiterun is great for smithing.

Just buy all the stock of required items from the vendor and make daggers until it runs out. The vendors stock replenishes every 2 game days, so just wait or sleep. Rinse and repeat.
This and alchemy. Just walk around town and grab ingredients, hit the bar, whip up some potions. Smithing will be your quickest way until you top it out. Also try making cheap stuff, iron daggers and leather bracers, upgrade them at the stone or bench, and then sell em. Build your speech up. Lastly, pickpocket. Put 100 in someone's inventory and take it back over and over. BE SURE TO SAVE EVERY TWO SUCCESSFUL PICKS OR SO!!!
Claire Jackson

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 am

Ok, I have read the thread and then started a character to see if this process is archievebale by me, however, my goal is level 30, not 46.

So far I have:

*Sneak againest a bear while afk - Sneak 100, took about 6+ hours I think.
*Hit Rolaf with one handed to 100 - I was watching You Tube while endlessly pressing L1 (PS3), took about 4 hours.
*Cast Flame and smack the shield on Rolaf for Destruction and Block (34 Destruction and 36 Block so far)- a very boring process as you have to wait for the Magicka and Stamina regen

So far, I am level 25 ish and I am still at cave 1, I can see myself able to do it to 30, but to 46 it would be a nightmare.

Some here mentioned you get can level 2h weapon on Rolaf (is that even his name?) but I could not find any 2h weapon from cave 1?
Amysaurusrex

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 am

Actually, if I were you I'd restart. In the Helgin dungeon you can level your fighting skills on the guy you follow along with lock picking. When you get to the stealth part stay way in the back away from the bear and stealth attack the guy you're following over and over. You can be 100% in stealth and like level 20 or so before you even get to Riverwood.

The problem comes though, that all the enemies will be at high levels but your fighting skill will not be.
Emilie Joseph

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 am

You can chop wood for all the money you'll need. It would also be nice if there were another enchanting table in Riverwood (besides the one in the basemant you don't have access to yet) but I can't think of another one.

There is an enchanting table in Anise's Cabin, across the river from Embershard Mine. It's in the basemant.

There's also a treasure chest hidden on that side of the river. You will find the map if you follow the winding road going up and away from Riverwood, starting at the Guardian Stones. You will find treasure map 1 in a small bandit camp, on the right, a bit off the road. You can also get to it coming from above, after you escape Helgen, on your way to Riverwood. It will then be on your left. This might give you a bit of starting material.

Also, make sure you head into Embershard mine, might level you up some as well.
Ladymorphine

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:46 am

Train archery with Faendal, pickpocket the money back.
cutiecute

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:31 am

I herd that if u jump up and down in the blacksmiths forge in riverwood u can boost destruction, I don't really know since I dont use magic but try it out.
FLYBOYLEAK

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:02 am

You'll probably have more fun following the main questline until you are able to obtain the oghma Infinita book. Then use that with the bookshelf glitch to level up EVERYTHING to 100. Will take you a little more than the time it takes making daggers and selling them. Plus, it'll be a lot more fun.

If you dont want to go that route, you can also enchant each of your daggers before selling them. Enchant them with anything and a petty/lesser gem. Help level up enchanting as well as your smithing.
Cameron Garrod

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Not gonna judge but how long did that [censored] take to accomplish?
Does it sound time consuming? It isn't.
If you attack your guide while in sneak mode it goes even faster.
1H, 2H and Destruction take a long time to build up individually; but if that is one's intent to begin with, then time constraints aren't exactly an issue.

Have you never tried this?
natalie mccormick

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:52 am

RE enchanting for the OP: there is a table he can use close to Riverwood and, given his goals, enchanting daggers might well be a good move, but where is he going to find soul gems in sufficient quantity in that part of the world?
Kevin S

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 am

I maxed out sneak in Helgen cave by sneaking against a wall by the bear, so that is 100. I used Ralof as a punching bag to get one handed, and two handed both to 50. my pickpocket is at 50 from pickpocketing everyone in Riverwood.

If I level up right now, I will be level 25.

Does this work? Not the sneaking/Ralof part... I know all about that... I'm talking about the "If I level up right now, I will be level 25." I have always been under the impression that if you level up, but don't select level up, then keep leveling skills... that when you level up, you'll only go up 1. Is it a cumulative effect instead?
Nikki Morse

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Does this work? Not the sneaking/Ralof part... I know all about that... I'm talking about the "If I level up right now, I will be level 25." I have always been under the impression that if you level up, but don't select level up, then keep leveling skills... that when you level up, you'll only go up 1. Is it a cumulative effect instead?

It works, but you have to use all your stored levels at once.
Lyd

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Why would you want to hold out on leveling up?
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:07 am

1H, 2H and Destruction take a long time to build up individually; but if that is one's intent to begin with, then time constraints aren't exactly an issue.

No, the only things I tried leveling fast are the crafting skills. I don't realy like grinding, if I want to level up fast that much I'll just use the console. I think letting the game flow and level up through encounters/quests/exploring etc is more enjoyable, but everyone has their preferetion.
Jani Eayon

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:47 pm

No.... not my sort of "fun" at all....
Eire Charlotta

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:34 am

I've tried some powerleveling in Helgen on some characters, but I came to a funny conclusion... I wanted the "Axe of Whiterun" to be steel (it's leveled whenever Baalgruuf gives it to you). I don't know. It just seemed right to me that he'd give me something standard like that. I've been at different levels and it was odd, storywise, to get an Elven Axe. "Dude.. so you really ARE working for the Thalmor, aren't you?" Or an Orcish axe. Wtf would he have an orcish axe for. Same goes for other Jarls.. It seems natural that the Markarth guy should give a Dwarven weapon.
Mylizards Dot com

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:46 pm

You never said if you play on PC or not. The best and likely fastest way is the Oghma Infinium bookshelf glitch. As far as I know, one of the patches fixed the glitch you can use to reuse the Oghma infinium. On XBox, you can clear cache from the dashboard and undo any updates that have happened. Of course that clears all updates away, and not just for that game. Not to worry, downloaded content you've already purchased will automatically redownload and updates will reapply next time you connect to XBox live. Not sure if PS3 has a similar ability to remove updates or not.

I've asked before but never got an answer, but I don't think you can selectively remove patch updates on the computer version (especially not now with Steam I would guess). Of course, if you are on the computer, you don't need to use Oghma infinium. On a computer, I presume the console has some kind of advskill command that will let you just manually advance each of your skills to 100 and reach level 81 in a matter of minutes.

I realize discerning the transmundane is a quest, but it has no level requirement for the first part (retrieving the elder scroll by reaching the Tower of Mzark). To finish it and get the book, you do need to reach level 15, but you can do this from experience gained going through the ruins and then Blackreach. I would suggest picking a place like the Liar's Retreat that you can collect all but Altmer blood and entering then exiting so the things will be locked in at lowest level when you get done with the rest (yes I've done this, level 2 until I made it to Blackreach, then leveled up to nearly 11). Thing is, I did it to make a generic save where I had an all 100 skill level 81 with no spent perks character that had done nearly no part of the game other than that quest. This generic save I backed up for a day when what I read about the latest patch's stability is very old without a new one in the works.
rheanna bruining

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 am

Really? Can you hold off leveling up and still win against those high leveled foes?
Kelvin

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

...and max out your speech in Riften with Ungrien

Hey OP, I think you missed this one that Dagoth suggested. You can find Ungrien in the Black Briar Meadery. Talk to him until you get a speech check option for something along the lines of "tell me the truth about maven". The option never disappears so you can keep selecting it and go all the way to 100 speech in about 20ish minutes depending on you clicking.
RaeAnne

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:31 am

Really? Can you hold off leveling up and still win against those high leveled foes?

Depends on your definition of win. If that requires roflstomping the bejeezus out of everything, no. But my goal was just to get to Blackreach. And then to get through it to grab the scroll. I did kill, but found out that even on Adept the falmer (particularly the gloomlurkers and the like) were a bit over my head. And I just double checked the older saves to that point. My level was 3 when I entered Blackreach. I remember I was level 2 through the dwemer guardian parts of Alftand, but I recall struggling with the decision to take at least the two perks necessary to dual cast fury after several deaths in some of the tighter quarters falmer areas.

Idealy, I wanted an 81 character with no perks spent (well, a 15, but holding all the xp of 100 skills) that could be built in any fashion. But with stealth alone, I was really struggling and figured two perks would make little difference and was worth it, so I had to level up once to get a second perk and spend on novice and dual-cast in illusion. With the ability to set them fighting each other to the death, I was able to make it past some tough spots. I could have leveled up as high as 6 or 7 along the way, but I wanted to be as low level as I could entering Blackreach. I don't know what it's minimum level is, but it is the longest stretch of the journey to your final destiny, and I wanted to ensure it set it's level when I entered as low as possible. I wound up rushing in a mad dash past almost a whole tribes worth of them in the last part that leads to the door into Blackreach. The moment I was inside, I spent all my saved level ups and was level 9. Gave myself some more stamina to sprint longer and a bit more magic and the rest in health.

My biggest annoyance was not having nightvision. I wanted a base character with as many options as possible and so didn't become a vampire like I do most of the time. What really was impossible was doing Liar's Retreat at a level 15 boosted by smithing (in Riverwood ironically enough) but still only two perks spent and almost no decent gear. It's about as fun as pulling teeth, but by god I got it. My save. Presuming that saves from older updated versions will be compatible (the reverse is not true).
Monique Cameron

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm

If you grind smithing, keep in mind that you won't get a good return by smithing and then improving your iron daggers. It's more cost/xp effective to make piles of puny daggers than to put in an extra iron bar each to make them all slightly better.
Kate Murrell

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 am

Hey OP, I think you missed this one that Dagoth suggested. You can find Ungrien in the Black Briar Meadery. Talk to him until you get a speech check option for something along the lines of "tell me the truth about maven". The option never disappears so you can keep selecting it and go all the way to 100 speech in about 20ish minutes depending on you clicking.

This is indeed a good general power-leveling tip... but the OP wanted to get to level 50 before leaving Riverwood at the beginning of the game.
Euan

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:37 pm

This is indeed a good general power-leveling tip... but the OP wanted to get to level 50 before leaving Riverwood at the beginning of the game.

OP said he wanted to hit level 50 before doing any quests. Not before leaving Riverwood.
As I recall, making it to Whiterun and hoping on the buggy to Riften causes no quests to trigger. So he should be in the clear.
Krista Belle Davis

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim