I am level 1. I want to reach level 50 in Riverwood before l

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 am

you play the game how you want it it is your game anyway
but powergamming like that you are missing the point of this whole game and will miss out on alot of fun and excitement
once you reach lvl 40 you are getting really good not mentioning all the gear and wealth you collected and have little to fear except some bosses, large mobs and your own overconfidence
But still it is your game
liz barnes

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm

OP said he wanted to hit level 50 before doing any quests. Not before leaving Riverwood.
As I recall, making it to Whiterun and hoping on the buggy to Riften causes no quests to trigger. So he should be in the clear.

Thread title.
Marie

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:29 am

You're gunna be pretty [censored] when Super Ultra Draugr Deathlord of doom and depression comes after you, and you have iron stuff.
Danielle Brown

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Thread title.

The first post gives more information that can be contained in the thread title. I generally go off of it.
I see your position and think we should declare this a draw my good fellow.
Tyler F

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:53 pm

*Sneak againest a bear while afk - Sneak 100, took about 6+ hours I think.
Inefficient. It's much faster to sneak attack Ralof/Hadvar instead. Each sneak attack gives you a huge boost to your skill level compared to sneaking, plus it works on your weapons skills.
*Cast Flame and smack the shield on Rolaf for Destruction and Block (34 Destruction and 36 Block so far)- a very boring process as you have to wait for the Magicka and Stamina regen
Obviously this won't work in the starting dungeon, but vegetable soup (carrot+potato+leek+cabbage+tomato) allows you to spam shield bash for 12 minutes straight. Since shield bashes do very little damage, and you can stun-lock an opponent in this way, you can use any of bandit or draugr to level up your block skill very high.
Some here mentioned you get can level 2h weapon on Rolaf (is that even his name?) but I could not find any 2h weapon from cave 1?
It's possible you won't have access to any two-handed weapons if you choose Ralof instead of Hadvar. If you go with Hadvar, several of the Stormcloaks you fight carry two-handed weapons, while the imperial soldiers Ralof pits you against favor 1 handed weapons. I always go with Hadvar though: doing so gives you 5 free iron ingots and 5 free steel ingots once you get to riverwood, because the smith of Riverwood is Hadvar's uncle.

Also, if you're going to try to power level smithing without leaving riverwood, you will probably want to svck it up and put some perks into speech, and stick to making helms (leather and iron) instead of bracers and daggers, and temper them before you sell. This will allow you to at least break even on your creations, even if it takes marginally longer to accomplish. This will also level your speech faster, since you will be selling higher-priced items.

Good luck!
Amy Cooper

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:03 pm

The first post gives more information that can be contained in the thread title. I generally go off of it.
I see your position and think we should declare this a draw my good fellow.

I can dig it.
Angelina Mayo

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Ineffici I always go with Hadvar though: doing so gives you 5 free iron ingots and 5 free steel ingots once you get to riverwood, because the smith of Riverwood is Hadvar's uncle.

Stealing the ingots next to bench is really not that difficult...
lauraa

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:27 am

What about healing hands and a 1 handed weapon, just do 1 hit and heal opponent.
Avril Louise

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:57 pm

First of all, please don't judge me. If you disagree with power leveling, please don't read any further.

My plan is to level up to 50 before doing the first quest. I want every quest reward, loot, etc. to be at max level throughout my playthrough.

Please don't judge me, but this is how I want my game to go.

I maxed out sneak in Helgen cave by sneaking against a wall by the bear, so that is 100. I used Ralof as a punching bag to get one handed, and two handed both to 50. my pickpocket is at 50 from pickpocketing everyone in Riverwood.

If I level up right now, I will be level 25.

Can someone tell me how this power leveling to smithing works? How is this done? Can it be done at the forge in Riverwood?

What are some other tips to increasing skills rapidly without getting involved in any quests?
you should've followed ralof...when your in the keep and encounter the 1st imperials opening the gate, quickly kill the captain and take the key before ralof does and then he has to wait on you to unlock the gate. Use this time to attack him with swords and flames to raise 1h and destruction, ralof can't be killed and won't fight back
Sylvia Luciani

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim