Lichdom vol 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 am

My previous topic Lichdom hit its post limit and was closed the majority of people liked the idea. There were 203 votes of those votes 153 people 75.37% voted yes to becoming a Lich. I said I do another one so here we go. I posted some of the main ideas that people liked in the first Topic if your idea isn't in here I apologize for that. As always if you like the idea of becoming a Lich please say why, if you hate the idea of becoming a Lich please state why. If you like to add onto any of the ideas I have posted please do so, if you have your different ideas on the subject please post it, if you think these ideas are idiotic please state why and not just rant.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=917737&st=0&start=0

Decay slowly

This was mentioned a few times in the first Lichdom topic I created about decaying slowly so you're not all skeleton or zombie looking all at once. The process would take a while you would not look undead immediately but after a period of time.

Path to Lichdom

In the previous post it was pretty unanimous that Lichdom should be a very long process that is not easily accomplished. This isn't vampirism where your bit three days later you're a vampire. Lichdom is an entirely different beast, it should take several hours to become a Lich whether or not you taking your time or doing it as fast as possible. There should also be multiple ways of becoming a Lich I highly doubt that all Liches prayed for the knowledge to become a Lich from the Great Sovereign. Or that the process was the same for everyone.

Perks of being a Lich

Well the obvious should be serious magic resistance, reflection and absorption. Some other benefits should include joining the undead faction so normal undead won't attack you unless provoked. Lich only quests that you must be Lich to be able to do. Command undead power that makes undead do your bidding. There were quite a few other ideas that were kicked around as well. The casting costs on summon undead spells would be reduced, some undead would just be a lesser power that allows you to summon undead freely or cost next nothing. You might gain followers/ worshippers that do your bidding, possibility of creating your own faction.

Downside of being a Lich

You won't be able to do certain quests. NPCs react negatively to you with low level peasants running away in terror or frozen in horror by your presence guards and high level NPCs would be hostile towards you maybe even try to kill you on sight. Social interaction is almost impossible without Illusion spells and even then it should be very difficult. Priests and servants of certain religions (Arkay for example) might try hunting you down and destroying you. You won't be able to use altars or other services of certain religions you may not be able to enter certain churches because you're undead (sort of like how the Daedra can't enter the church in Oblivion's MQ). Overall Lichdom is a very lonely existence.
Nick Swan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:02 am

No thanks, I'll pass. I'd rather the races be interesting enough, and the quests be involved enough, that I don't need back-up gameplay option to provide a way to fill up the 'fun' quota.

It would be cool as the focus for its own game. If bethesda had the resources, perhaps they could pull off adding this stuff in. But, given the rough, unfinished nature OB had as far as variety and immersion/depth-of-quests, I'm very much doubting the devs could make the rest of the game good and a good undead system.

On a personal note, though, having my character become a lich does not appeal to me.
Mark Churchman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:38 am

YES! I would love to become a lich
Fighters should be able to become werewolfs
Stealthy characters could be vampires
& mages could be lichs
Of course a mage can be a werewolf, thats just the way i see the particular perks lean towards
TES V should have all 3!
Conor Byrne

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:27 am

Hey my name is???????
what do u want?
Alan Whiston

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 am

Hell no.

No Lich's.

Sounds cool yes, but how well will it be done and how well will it fit in?
dav

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

Hell no.

No Lich's.

Why no liches?

Yuo can't just say no Liches, give a reason for your opinion.

Bethesda will decide how it will be done, just because you don't know all the details dosen't mean you should reject the concept of liches out of hand.
Sami Blackburn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 am

That's not for us to find out now is it?

Liches should be added, it's time Bethesda grasps hold of Manifest Destiny, and bring along all it's improvements.
Jake Easom

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Hell no.

No Lich's.

would you say hell yeah if they did manage to make it work???
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:14 pm

Hell no.

No Lich's.

Liches in dungeons might be boring, but the vampires wandering in dungeons are boring too. When you get to be a vampire it's another story.
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 am

It would be an ideal reward for becoming the head of the necromancers faction (which they desperately need to include next time)... access to the secret rituals of lichdom.
Bigze Stacks

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:02 am

It would be an ideal reward for becoming the head of the necromancers faction (which they desperately need to include next time)... access to the secret rituals of lichdom.

defiantly! we need a Necromancers guild Bethesda! are you listening!
Reven Lord

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 pm

defiantly! we need a Necromancers guild Bethesda! are you listening!

Nope, bethesda dosen't read this forum. They don't care for our opinions much. They do thier own thing.
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:39 am

Nope, bethesda dosen't read this forum. They don't care for our opinions much. They do thier own thing.

Right, and their thing should be to read these forums, because without us they're out of a job.
Lauren Denman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am

If it worked well, yes.
Horror- Puppe

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:35 pm

I agree with that. When I first saw the post about liches that was the first thing to come to my mind.

Back to VATS in TES. If they did add something like VATS I think the game should be paused, and you just be able to aim where you want to shoot. This would be accessible after reaching expert or master in Marksman. They should also create a spell that slows down time. Obviously it should take a lot of magic and be difficult to learn/obtain. Personally I like the real time combat like in TES IV.

EDIT: I was wondering why this topic had nothing to do with VATS . I accidently hit "Newest Topic" instead of next page
D IV

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am

This is the LICHDOM thread, not VATS/
!beef

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 am

But the result would be a Mario Party game, if they listened to everything.

I mean, I have some idea of what people really want to see and what are minor wishes, but this place has thousands of wanted ideas. How to do a complete game that pleases many?

The only way to get the exact game you want is to make it by yourself. Bethesda has some rights B) Don't think the 1000 opinions or so here matters that much. Oblivion was a critic and sales success afterall. And here it gets ranked as one of the worst games ever made. A vicious circle.
Misty lt

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:01 pm

They actually do read the forums.
Quick Draw III

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:01 pm

Where's the Proof?
Jon O

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Where's the Proof?

Their own statements?

Stick around for a couple years and read :shrug:
Cat

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 am

Hey my name is???????
what do u want?

Look at my avatar and take a wild guess.

Are they the anonymous users?
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:50 am

Look at my avatar and take a wild guess.

Are they the anonymous users?

Some have actual accounts, some don't. But they have mentioned reading the forums numerous times while I've been here.
Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 am

But the result would be a Mario Party game, if they listened to everything.

I mean, I have some idea of what people really want to see and what are minor wishes, but this place has thousands of wanted ideas. How to do a complete game that pleases many?

The only way to get the exact game you want is to make it by yourself. Bethesda has some rights B) Don't think the 1000 opinions or so here matters that much. Oblivion was a critic and sales success afterall. And here it gets ranked as one of the worst games ever made. A vicious circle.

I think OB is a great game, just could be better. Being a lich or even an experienced necromancer should give you ability to raise the dead as semi-permanent followers, not just summons that time out. Heck, you could create your own custom undead. I see how a whole game could be made out of this. Lichdom would add mad replay & RPG value and just be plain fun, unless you don't want to be evil. But who doesn't want to be evil? :tops:
Christina Trayler

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Their own statements?

Stick around for a couple years and read :shrug:

I've been here for 2 years. I've never seen one Dev post. Link me to a post, don't dodge the question by saying that i haven't been here long enough.
Rude Gurl

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 pm

I've been here for 2 years. I've never seen one Dev post. Link me to a post, don't dodge the question by saying that i haven't been here long enough.

Todd Howard posted some info about Fallout 3 before it came out.

Easiest way to know would be to harass Gstaff by asking whether the devs come here or not.
James Shaw

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion