Lost interest in Fallout:New Vegas

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:42 pm

A little while back I tried Fallout 3 and, personally, found it to be one of the most frustrating and annoying games I've ever played. Sure it was good, but I found the skills all wrong (big guns and small guns are good examples of this) and the Metro parts were just so annoying. Then I tried Fallout:New Vegas and, I'm not sure, but there was just something that caught my eye...something that I liked. Fallout:New Vegas brought my favourite features of Fallout 3, removed the annoying ones and rectified others. The skills were more accurate, the plot was more interesting and gone was the Metro. I thought the game was perfect, until around thirteen hours into the game I hit a major glitch. My companions disappeared and I was unable to complete the BoS quests. OK, I thought. Just skip that quest, but then more and more glitches/bugs began to occur. Today I restarted Fallout:New Vegas (a 360 update has supposedly fixed its many bugs), but my flare for the game was gone. Has anyone else felt this way? That the game would've been brilliant and they would have enjoyed it have not it been so buggy?
~Sylvia~

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:22 am

If only Bethesda had not forced Obsidian to finish early for a pre-christmas release, had actually done their job as the official QA testers, and had not made Obsidian use an outdated engine.
saxon

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:12 pm

I found New Vegas to be boring and lifeless when put beside Fallout 3. The glitches are just something you have to deal with when playing a game Bethesda were involved in.

Thank God they're getting rid of the old engine for Skyrim. It'll be nice to play an Elder Scrolls title without all the annoying bugs.
Scotties Hottie

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:25 pm

I loved both games, NV more than FO3.
Austin England

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:15 am

Thank God they're getting rid of the old engine for Skyrim. It'll be nice to play an Elder Scrolls title without all the annoying bugs.

Wanna bet?
Soph

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:17 am

when compared with the other overated 5hour long tat being released on 360 coughCODcough... FNV is a godsend.
Dagan Wilkin

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:42 am

when compared with the other overated 5hour long tat being released on 360 coughCODcough... FNV is a godsend.

I played through the entire COD Black Ops on Sunday, took six or seven hours. I played NV from the release date for 54 straight days (yeah I slept, ate and worked and whatnot), and I still hadn't finished the main quest. Talk about getting your money's worth!
josh evans

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:07 am

Skirym its gonna be release next year, i really doubt a new engine
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:23 am

I disagree skyrim has plenty of time, a different deam did fallut, and obsidian did NV, meaning plenty of time for skyrim to get a new engine.
Pat RiMsey

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:25 am

I disagree skyrim has plenty of time, a different deam did fallut, and obsidian did NV, meaning plenty of time for skyrim to get a new engine.

Care to explain that, please?
Laura Richards

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:07 am

If I like a game enough, I'll keep on playing despite CTD's, glitches and bugs. I guess I was lucky in that I didn't encounter too many CTD's or glitches until I was well hooked into the game and couldn't stop. In the original version (1.0?) my 1st chr. started CTD's every 10 minutes around the 25 hour mark. I finally gave up on her and created a new character, and for whatever reasons she went much better/could finish the game. Since the patches, haven't had too many CTD's at all.

But I've certainly given up on/lost interest in games if they have too many bad tech issues right from the get go, before I can even become addicted to it. Just depends on the game and my patience levels for that day/week/month.
Dj Matty P

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:02 am

Has anyone else felt this way? That the game would've been brilliant and they would have enjoyed it have not it been so buggy?

Nope. I found the game to be brilliant and not many bugs at all even though I've only played the unpatched version.

BTW, I'll take the game off your hands if you don't like it as my disc had a little mishap that led to it's untimely demise. :P
Leilene Nessel

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 pm

At first i thought i like Fallout 3 more than new Vegas but there are alot of things i like about New Vegas that arent in Fallout 3 so i really dont know. The bugs annoy me to but no to the extent that i want to stop playing it. Yea i was miffed when i found out that the game doesnt keep going after the main quest but i got over it. I have encountered a few maor bugs but after reloading a previous save point it didnt happen again. I dont think there is a game without bugs so thats just one thing you have to get used to. But no i havent lost interest in Fallout New Vegas.
Steve Fallon

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Basically Bethesda, the company responsible for Oblivion, fallout3, and Skyrim, hasn't done anything big since FO3 in 2008. That's 3 full years of development, when most games get 2, to come up with a new engine for Skyrim. Considering Bethesda has been using GameBryo since Morrowin (circa 2002), it seems like the perfect time to move onto a new engine.

Besides, Bethesda has said multiple times that they will be using a new engine for Skyrim, so unless you think they are lying then we should be good to go.
Lew.p

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:04 pm

I would only agree in the sense that I'm on my 2nd run through and doing it all over again (in hardcoe mode) is becoming stupid and repetitive... But I still hop on after I get off from work to listen to Mr. New Vegas hahaa
Bee Baby

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:10 pm

I've lost interest allright... sadly, and I hate myself for it, but it's a fact.
Not because of the same reason as you, but I find that there's nothing left for me to do in the game.
4 different playthroughs of 24+ hours, siding with, in order: Caesar's Legion, House, Independent, and Caesar's Legion again. An NCR playthrough won't happen.
On my last save, I have 36 hours, Level 35, pretty much maxed out, discovered pretty much every location, done every quest possible in those locations, and yeah, just what to do next? Never had this problem in Fallout 3, where my first of two saves has 123 Hours, and still stuff to do. I'm actually kind of frustrated :sadvaultboy:
Emma

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:39 am

Bethesda already announced that they'll be using a new, internally-developed engine for Skyrim.
Phoenix Draven

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:02 pm

I've lost interest allright... sadly, and I hate myself for it, but it's a fact.
Not because of the same reason as you, but I find that there's nothing left for me to do in the game.
4 different playthroughs of 24+ hours, siding with, in order: Caesar's Legion, House, Independent, and Caesar's Legion again. An NCR playthrough won't happen.
On my last save, I have 36 hours, Level 35, pretty much maxed out, discovered pretty much every location, done every quest possible in those locations, and yeah, just what to do next? Never had this problem in Fallout 3, where my first of two saves has 123 Hours, and still stuff to do. I'm actually kind of frustrated :sadvaultboy:

You do a playthrough In 36 hours? Yeah I can see where this game wouldn't be doing it for you.

One playthrough takes me over 100 hours. I must be doing something wrong. :yes:
Melly Angelic

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:36 pm

A tad bored with the combat and get bored with loot on all games after playthroughs 3 - 6.

Still finding a bucket load of stuff that's new or different, still have to try many perk combos and finish a few more companion quests.
Boy there's still so much I need to try, I still as of yet have to buy and use a AMR.
Dan Endacott

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:13 pm

You do a playthrough In 36 hours? Yeah I can see where this game wouldn't be doing it for you.

Only 100 hours??? i
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:47 am

Only 100 hours??? i

Well I did say over. :rofl:
luke trodden

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:12 am

Well I did say over. :rofl:

I ended the game with every faction and every karma. and i still find replay value on it
lexy

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:41 pm

But how? How can you possibly milk so much out of a single playthrough? Comprehension is beyond me, unless you can offer a good explanation?
Alister Scott

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:09 am

But how? How can you possibly milk so much out of a single playthrough? Comprehension is beyond me, unless you can offer a good explanation?

My first play-through took over 100 hours and I didn't even explore all of the misc. caves and such. I didn't do anything special...just tried to complete as many quests as possible, played with crafting a bit, did some exploring, etc. I really didn't feel like I was "milking" it...I just played until I was ready to do the final mission.
stephanie eastwood

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:29 am

My first play-through took over 100 hours and I didn't even explore all of the misc. caves and such. I didn't do anything special...just tried to complete as many quests as possible, played with crafting a bit, did some exploring, etc. I really didn't feel like I was "milking" it...I just played until I was ready to do the final mission.

Putting the lack of indulgence in misc. caves in disregard, that's exactly what I've been doing myself. Yet, 36 hours, with no more quests to do, no more locations to explore, no stone left unturned, I find myself at a shortage for things to do.
The fact that people can actually use more than 100 hours on New Vegas has me rendered flabbergasted, to say the least. Quite frustrating how I could easily rack up 100+ hours in Fallout 3, whilst in New Vegas, 36 hours is my limit. :sad:
Felix Walde

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas