Major bugs caused by v1.5!

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:54 am

I think the launcher version stays the same

It doesn't my brother had a clean install of fallout 3 since he hasn't played it. The base game is v1.0.0.12 exe with the launcher v1.0.9.0. As of v1.5 the launcher reads as v1.1.12.

Anyway except for the launcher my game is now fully unpatched.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:14 am

i will wait until i have DLed broken steel before re-installing fo3. if u r playing the DLs outside of gfwl, do u need any of the patches?
Gavin boyce

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:32 am

i will wait until i have DLed broken steel before re-installing fo3. if u r playing the DLs outside of gfwl, do u need any of the patches?

The prime problem with DLCs and the v1.0 patch is that the BSAs don't automatically load. They need to be added to a manual load list in the game's INI. The problem arises in the fact that this line only accepts up to 256 characters in its string value. I devised a method to greatly condense the file names of the BSAs and make it load properly both in-game and in the GECK, so that possibly all the official gamesas-issued BSAs (and some critically important modder-issued BSAs) can all fit in the line. http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=984580&hl=.
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:35 am

I just had a brainsurge: Maybe it's like we're in a vault, and they are testing what we can do to find ways around issues like the patches. They could be compiling data on what he do to fix their errors, which they might be purposely adding(in this theory of "They are running a vault with us"), to come up with ways to make their games better.

Or, it could just be that they ate their quality control board and disemboweled their testers. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if they did, considering how buggy their patches are.
Sarah Bishop

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:13 am

ty madcat for the info

quarn, could u give a detailed list for fixing the cox in girdershade.
i looked for girdershade exterior in the geck and didn't find it, never used the geck before
all help appreciated
Emma Parkinson

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 am

I just had a brainsurge: Maybe it's like we're in a vault, and they are testing what we can do to find ways around issues like the patches. They could be compiling data on what he do to fix their errors, which they might be purposely adding(in this theory of "They are running a vault with us"), to come up with ways to make their games better.

Or, it could just be that they ate their quality control board and disemboweled their testers. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if they did, considering how buggy their patches are.

Seems like the only two logical explanations to me. :P

I guess you really can't blame them though. The patches aren't made to make mods better. They're made to make the vanilla game better. If it happens to conflict with some mods along the way, that's just something they expect modders to work around.
Chica Cheve

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 am

when did bethseda hire a Q&A team?
didn't notice 1 in daggerfall, morrowind, oblivion, of fallout3
unless u r talking abt the people who bought these games
Robyn Howlett

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:58 am

Or maybe http://thebitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/funny_monkey.jpg is Bethesda's QA...

ty madcat for the info

quarn, could u give a detailed list for fixing the cox in girdershade.
i looked for girdershade exterior in the geck and didn't find it, never used the geck before
all help appreciated

Meh just downgrade to v1.4, alot of mods are messed up by v1.5...
Sian Ennis

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:41 pm

I guess you really can't blame them though. The patches aren't made to make mods better. They're made to make the vanilla game better. If it happens to conflict with some mods along the way, that's just something they expect modders to work around.

Except they dont even do that very well. <_<

They just seem to break one thing after another.
sexy zara

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 am

Wonderful... well, I refuse to reinstall... Seeing as this is major, and the Devs have been alerted, I foresee a new patch soon.
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 pm

Wonderful... well, I refuse to reinstall... Seeing as this is major, and the Devs have been alerted, I foresee a new patch soon.

But if that patch ever comes, it will probably break something else. <_<
+++CAZZY

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:31 am

Considering how long it took them to fix VATS which i don't think is still fully fixed i wouldn't hold my breath.

Sure seems that way. I guess this is why they never made many patches for morrowind or oblivion.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:58 am

Except it doesn't make the vanilla game better either, we still have the vats problem that was introduced in a patch... and i've yet to see the first gain for vanilla patched game over fakepatched 1.0.0.15
Fluffer

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:18 am

Maybe... maybe not. I think this was more just a GOOD (as in reducing bloat) feature that wasn't adjusted correctly... I (don't ask) have faith in Bethesda.
Marilú

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 pm

I hate to ask this, but will this affect my ability to get Broken Steel? I've been looking forward to this DLC since the program was announced. Earlier posts imply I can run DLC on older patches without problem, but I'd like a clearer answer, if possible.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:52 am

Thats why i use 1.0.15 (i guess) Fake patch and unnoficial patch.

Beth let all the bug correcting in the modders hands.
Smokey

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Thought 1.5 was fine. I am now crashing on save.

Going with the Fake patch for now.
Eire Charlotta

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 am

I hate to ask this, but will this affect my ability to get Broken Steel? I've been looking forward to this DLC since the program was announced. Earlier posts imply I can run DLC on older patches without problem, but I'd like a clearer answer, if possible.

My psychic powers tell me that the dlc that isn't out yet will work beyond doubt on all pcs except yours.. chtulhu will come and eat you tomorrow..
Adrian Powers

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:59 am

Thought 1.5 was fine. I am now crashing on save.

Going with the Fake patch for now.

Me too and I'll bet that's what most people are going to do.

Thanks for making this thread Quarn, I've been going nuts trying to figure out wtf was happening.
Zualett

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:21 am

I'm gonna hold out on a reinstall, just in case there is a sudden update, as I haven't been playing anyway (Waiting for BS to see if there is an enclave side of the story. My character depends on that.)

But, if Broken Steel releases, and this isn't fixed, I'll have no choice, but to use Fake Patch.

Question: Are there any known issues with Fake Patch I should know about? Any at all?
GPMG

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 am

I'm gonna hold out on a reinstall, just in case there is a sudden update, as I haven't been playing anyway (Waiting for BS to see if there is an enclave side of the story. My character depends on that.)

But, if Broken Steel releases, and this isn't fixed, I'll have no choice, but to use Fake Patch.

Question: Are there any known issues with Fake Patch I should know about? Any at all?

You have to load BSA files manually, since they only started updating automagicly with the 1.3 patch IIRC. OR you could use http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2094 and it's BSA manager, which should do the same thing.
Tiff Clark

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:37 am

I just received a response to a PM I sent to GStaff

Greetings, I was curious about something, and have no better place to ask, other than the source itself. :P

Anywho, I'm sure you're aware of the issues involving non-persistent references in mods vanishing and causing crashes when the game is updated to 1.5

My question is, is Bethesda working on a fix, and will it be out before Broken Steel is released?

To be honest, today was the first I'd heard from anyone regarding this issue, though I've been suffering from food poisoning the last few days. I've already sent an email to our team to notify them of the issue.

If/when there's an update for the issue, we'll let folks know.

Hopefully this means we'll here something soon...

Also hope he gets better soon.
Lyd

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:07 am

It should run fine since thats one of the main purposes of the 1.5 patch is to prep FALLOUT 3 for the BROKEN STEEL DLC.

Have a good rest and get well GStaff :wub:
kevin ball

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:40 am

Good to hear they are working on it, it helps me gain a bit of faith in them(even if they have done horribly on old patches), they always try to fix the huge errors that are game breaking, and that's enough for me to invest a bit of faith in them.
Thanks Beth, once again, for such a fun game(which I'm going to not update anyway, aside from if I go to download DLC).
Rob Davidson

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Unfortunitly for us, 1.5 is the patch that was to prep for Broken Steel... We can only wonder how much worse can this get.
Amie Mccubbing

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3