Major bugs caused by v1.5!

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 pm

It should run fine since thats one of the main purposes of the 1.5 patch is to prep FALLOUT 3 for the BROKEN STEEL DLC.

No, he's saying that he won't use 1.5, and is thus asking whether this decision will prevent BS from working properly.

That is, he's wondering if 1.4/3/etc will be able to run the DLC without incident barring no new achievements. Which is something I'd like to know too.
Sara Lee

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:25 pm

No, he's saying that he won't use 1.5, and is thus asking whether this decision will prevent BS from working properly.

That is, he's wondering if 1.4/3/etc will be able to run the DLC without incident barring no new achievements. Which is something I'd like to know too.

I think it was sarcasm...
Eileen Müller

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm sure that the http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3813 will make a update that removes the new achievements, so that there won't be issues with not using GFWL and BS.
Dina Boudreau

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:12 am

I'm sure that the http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3813 will make a update that removes the new achievements, so that there won't be issues with not using GFWL and BS.

Undoubtedly. More important, however, is the question of whether older versions of the game will run BS without incident (with the only issue being a lack of the new achievements added in the latest patch - most PC folks probably use FOSE anyway and thus don't care about achievements.)

I think it was sarcasm...

Ooops. My sarcasm detector is broken. Sry. :P
Emily Rose

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:51 pm

I haven't played Fallout 3 very much until recently, after patching to v1.5, but I noticed that upon loading a save from in-game some references seemed to be missing havok data. For example, if I destroyed a fire extinguisher then loaded the game, the fire extinguisher would still be there but I wouldn't be able to interact with it in any way. The same thing happened when
Spoiler
I was collecting the "Journal holodisks" in the Jefferson Memorial early in the MQ - if I took them then loaded the game they would be there again, but I couldn't interact with them.
This only seemed to happen when loading from in-game. Any chance that this is related to the v1.5 patch, or is this a known bug from elsewhere?

Or maybe http://thebitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/funny_monkey.jpg is Bethesda's QA...
You think Bethesda hired Wrye for QA? Surely the Monkey God would have done a better job at recognising these bugs.

Cipscis
Melis Hristina

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:31 am

fallout 3 buyers are bethseda's Q&A :flamethrower: bad bethseda
gary lee

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 pm

fallout 3 buyers are bethseda's Q&A :flamethrower: bad bethseda

Couple points:

I kinda think it COULD have MAYBE not been an obvious issue to their QA if they were making a point to not test with any .esps in the test environment.

HOWEVER, that fact alone doesn't mean that it's an issue that's fine to not handle (I'm not suggesting that's their perspective, just saying).

This problem is different from making a patch that simply breaks mods. In practical terms, it seems to have broken the function of .esp files. That's different than mod compatibility, that's a broken program function.

But yeah it coulda gone over the heads of their testers. Perhaps those testers should, actually, use a few .esps now and then to have a chance to catch this sort of thing (and thereby prevent threads like this one in the future ;) ).

and edit: this patch does actually contain nice things that I think must have been meant primarily for MODS. The teleporting-door-followers-issue had minimal impact if any on vanilla game (I have yet to unload my megaton door script and try it). That was a big mess for MODS. And unless I'm imagining this, I also think that followers who come through a teleporting door with you are now more spread out into the room instead of trapping the player. That's specific to MODS, there's no issue in the vanilla game because you have no more than 2 followers at a time and you don't get trapped to speak of. Like I said I'm using 1.5, I'd like to see the .esp issue fixed though, but I'm using it.
i grind hard

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:33 am

which patch hasn't broken something?
Amber Ably

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 am

I'm lucky since i haven't played fallout 3 period. I've been waiting for Broken Steel and i've been so busy modding lately that i've only been in the game briefly to check some details i've added.

which patch hasn't broken something?

v1.0.0.15 i believe as in the very first patch.
Shae Munro

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 am

I've had an (I assume) locked ammo box not be interactable. At least I think it wasn't. It didn't show that I could interact with it when I had my cursor over it, however Explosive Entry gave me the option to blast it open when I clicked on it regardless of there being no prompt but I didn't have the option to pick the lock. Something like that had never happened before I updated to 1.5 and I haven't updated any of the mods that edit anything about an ammo box for a long, long time so I don't think it was mod related. Plus there were other ammo boxes that I could open and take ammo from like usual and later on I found a locked ammo box that I could pick. It also wasn't a location that was edited by any mods I use. I updated to 1.5 around when I started using the new rideable motorcycle mod so I figured that mod might've been playing badly with Explosive Entry, but even with that mod turned off it was still messed up. I also didn't interact with it and load (it was the first time I had been to that area with that character) so I think it's a different bug than what Cipscis experienced.

I've also been experiencing disappearing objects really badly. I've had a few things become invisible/disappear before the patch, but it was rare at best. Probably two or three times in the 50+ hours playing that character while immediately after applying the patch I had Fort Independance disappear as well as the wall of Megaton between the player owned home and the gate, as well as the gate itself and the balcony area. The strange part was that I could still open the gate out of Megaton even though it wasn't there, however I could walk through where the walls used to be so the objects didn't just go invisible. That area isn't always gone, but there's probably around a 50/50 chance of it being there when I enter Megaton or exit any of the buildings in Megaton.
Taylor Tifany

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:27 am

Good lord, is there a patch that's at least stable enough? Each patch seems to be getting progressively WORSE, what gives Bethesda?! :swear:
Erich Lendermon

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Ha ha. I never really played Fallout3 when it was released as one of the reps at Gamestop told me not to buy the game shortly after release due to major bugs. I picked the game up within the last month and patched to 1.4.

Two days ago I patched to 1.5 and yesterday began crashing.

I just finished installing the Fake Patch.

The VATS dynamic / gameplay is so much better its not even funny. Bethesda you really need to fix this along with the crashing induced by 1.5.
Melung Chan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:40 am

Bethesda should pay Quarn and other modders for fixing and improving their game cause they obviously aren't able to do it.

Sry but if you already need so much time just for some very basic and few fixes then these should at least work.

Bethesda's patch policy is so far a big joke.
Marcus Jordan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am

I sure hope they fix that before releasing Broken Steel. Breaking any kind of ability to integrate mods, which ARE the big selling point for your games on the PC? Big no-no Bethesda, big one. :shakehead:
Guy Pearce

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:40 am

Should have seen this earlier and skipped the 1.5 update after re-installing this morning.

Thanks for the info Quarn =).
Jack Moves

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 am

The only reason I bought Fallout 3 in the first place was Justinother's Fake Patch. I read about the official patches literally breaking VATS (one of the core mechanisms of the game) and thought: "WTF?!? I'm not buying a broken game!" Then I saw the Fake Patch and bought the game, thinking such a serious bug will sure be fixed by Beth soon...
And now 1.5... Don't get me started! I really like your games Beth, but atm I'm really disappointed.
Marlo Stanfield

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:17 am

Hmm, does this mean that Broken Steel will be broken by it's own patch? :huh:
daniel royle

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 am

Quite possibly.
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:02 pm

I haven't played Fallout 3 very much until recently, after patching to v1.5, but I noticed that upon loading a save from in-game some references seemed to be missing havok data. For example, if I destroyed a fire extinguisher then loaded the game, the fire extinguisher would still be there but I wouldn't be able to interact with it in any way. This only seemed to happen when loading from in-game. Any chance that this is related to the v1.5 patch, or is this a known bug from elsewhere?
Cipscis

Damn-this problem was was obsessed whole last week. If you use CASM mod and it's quick loading future, then your exsamples is the minimum list of the weird things which you have in the game. You must load from the menu only. But new patch don't have anything with this problem.

--------------------------
Thank for the info, Quazzy, today I already experienced 1.5 new featires. I use treasure maps mods, and after this patch all exterior treasures desappiared. So, your second bug I reproduce already :)
Laura

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:47 am

Hmm, does this mean that Broken Steel will be broken by it's own patch? :huh:
:biglaugh:
Yeah, kind of wondered that, too. But then I read the opening post again, and Quarn has already checked that .esm-placed objects don't lead to problems, and since the DLC only consists of an .esm and bsa files... ^_^
Tom

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:44 pm

@delamer:
I've noticed this issue when loading from the in-game pause menu as well as using CASM's quickload feature, so I doubt that the issue has anything at all to do with CASM. Even if the issue is caused by saving/loading via FOSE's http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html#con_LoadGame and http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html#con_Save instead of "regularly", this bug will surely have been introduced by the latest patch.

Cipscis

EDIT:

Since rolling back to v1.0.15 and using JustinOther's Fake Patch, I have not noticed this issue.

Cipscis
Kelly James

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm

2 Quazzy.
So, which version od fallout you recommend for using with DLC's?
Can it be 1.4 patch, which you already fix about VATS problem?
In your main page you tell about 1.1 patch requirement, so 1.0 will be unappropriate, I think
meghan lock

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:53 pm

@delamer:
I've noticed this issue when loading from the in-game pause menu as well as using CASM's quickload feature, so I doubt that the issue has anything at all to do with CASM. Even if the issue is caused by saving/loading via FOSE's http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html#con_LoadGame and http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html#con_Save instead of "regularly", this bug will surely have been introduced by the latest patch.

Cipscis

well, maybe this bug present itself differently on different systems, but I'm sure, it begin from 1.4 version of the game for me- after CASM installing.
I have unkillable jumping enemies with foots in the ground or in the air, unoperable mines, unlootable bodyes
With 1.5 patch in-game quick save/load work fine for me.
Emily Shackleton

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 pm

2 Cipsis.
I will reinstall the game and try your advise. I like CASM and want to use it
carly mcdonough

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:00 am

@delamer:
Well I didn't really play the game very much at all while it was patched to v1.4.0.6, so this bug may have been introduced in that patch and I probably wouldn't have noticed it. I would recommend that you roll back to v1.0.15 and use Fake Patch. - EDIT: Ninja'd!

Cipscis
Marlo Stanfield

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3