[RELz] Mart's Mutant Mod 1.0 RC 1.1

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 am

Finally can I get some feedback on the raising ghouls in RC2-pre -- namely, does it work fine? Do they stand up in front of you as they approach, and continue to move and attack you as normal? Basically I know most people report here when there are issues, so no news may be good news, but for this particular feature I need to know if it's working as intended for everyone, and not just some people, so let me know the good news too.

Today I was in Amsterdam- ghoul city (component of GTS) when make compatability check with 1.5 patch.
Yes, they rasing, and begin rasing in front of you. At first they come to sitdown position, then- stand-up (as peoples after sleeping). Then they detect me and attack or flee- dependent from they conditions. So- usually they attack from the back :)

I also check Gargantua in Evergreen Mills- all works just fine now, thank you.
Today I will come to Super-Duper, so will check robot too
vicki kitterman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 am

It occurs to me now that actually perhaps just Super Mutant Overlords should be added to lower levels, not the Hellfire Enclave. (I haven't encountered the new goul type yet so don't have an opinion on it yet.)

Today I encounter one Enclave soldier between Megaton and Super-Duper Mart. on the farm. I was level 5.
brian adkins

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 am

Old Olney is now a terrifying place. There's something about looking to your left and seeing that the creature beside is hunched over and it is still bigger than you. lol

Great job
Amy Gibson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:31 am

Turns out it is not just Warrington Station - turns out it is all kinds of random places. Like the National Guard Armory... fought my way through crazy amounts of tough robots (god knows how many gattling-laser armed sentry bots!), finally went through all the doors and did all the switches to open up the armory and get at the loot inside, used the door... crash.

Also, had it happen at the Somethingorother Hotel. Can't recall it's name, but it's the hotel where you fight lots of supermutants to rescue reily's rangers. Fast travelled there... crash. Oddly, I travelled there earlier, with MMM active, and had no problem.

It's really random - 4/5 of locations, both inside and outside, are fine. But other locations, I have to disable MMM to get inside. Do whatever I came to do, leave, then reactivate the mod again. (Of course, having to do the 4 day wait thing to make sure that everything appears correctly... groan...)

I'm tempted to just stop using MMM for the time being and wait till Bethesda patches the game. I'm sure this must be 1.5 related.
Guy Pearce

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 am

Aliens, I know this was already mentioned and will probably turn up at some point. Very powerful enemy found wandering the wastes in pairs.

Aren't they called Wanamingos? ;)

Feral Ghoul Hulk, a sort of Behemoth of feral ghouls, would make constantly headshotting ghouls in the metro abit more taxing/interesting.

Reavers are already powerful enough. :P
Tarka

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 am

2 your Evil Tween
I think your bug related not to fast travel, but to autosave after fast travel.
Try to disable autosave feature. If crashes after FT will stop, and will continiue when you make save- than you have problems in one (or more) other mods.
Trust me- I have many crashes in my way and sometimes it was easy to think MMM was responsible, but... always was another mod :)
Nicole Mark

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 pm

2 your Evil Tween
I think your bug related not to fast travel, but to autosave after fast travel.
Try to disable autosave feature. If crashes after FT will stop, and will continiue when you make save- than you have problems in one (or more) other mods.
Trust me- I have many crashes in my way and sometimes it was easy to think MMM was responsible, but... always was another mod :)

Get CASM. It pretty much makes autosave useless and doesn't cause CTD's :)
Stacyia

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 am

Get CASM. It pretty much makes autosave useless and doesn't cause CTD's :)

Yes, CASM is perfect, but must be used (under 1.4-1.5 patches) carefully. Console quick-load future now broken and make havok in some systems. If it is so- load must be made from main menu
Rachael

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:52 am

Hey Martigen, did the FOIP MMM - XFO compatability patch take away XFO's changes to ghoul's (super slow/only damage to head)?
evelina c

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Aren't they called Wanamingos? ;)

Haha, apparently, but I'm talkin bout the spaceship driving kind :P

Reavers are already powerful enough. :P

Aye, true, but they're still abit...scrawny :D

Another thing, ive also got a massive amount of supermutants spawning round their bunker in the mall. Completely mullered all the Brotherhood and are stood around near the museum of history cos theres that many, around 40 I think. Reduce the spawn numbers here aswell maybe? Or is it just me getting these?

Just using increased spawns by the way, not increased increased.

Cheers
Ria dell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:54 am

Finally can I get some feedback on the raising ghouls in RC2-pre -- namely, does it work fine? Do they stand up in front of you as they approach, and continue to move and attack you as normal? Basically I know most people report here when there are issues, so no news may be good news, but for this particular feature I need to know if it's working as intended for everyone, and not just some people, so let me know the good news too.

They appear to be working as described. The first time I used it I was messing with Zombie Cemetery and I did not think they were working, but I was wrong.

My main char has the Bloody Mess perk and most of them were just getting Jibbed.
Also, fwiw, my companions are responding to them well too. We will be chugging along and I'll notice one of the companions will peel off to go take care of a ghoul that has raised.

Fantastic feature Mart. :)

In fact, due to MMM Increased Spawns, I've decided to console remove that bloody mess perk. :D

I've yet to run into anything about ghoul raising that is not working and can't be attributed to my video card and CPU trying to explode.
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Would it be possible to take the scorps and wanamingos out of the grouping in, so if have animal friend perk they are not nice loving friends. If not .. is Ok i'll change for my own use just wanted to see if would be possible to change in this 1st.
Pants

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am

Martigen, you do good work. I must say, when I first saw the beta for this on the Nexus, I was overjoyed that such a skilled modder had come over to Fallout. I can't wait for RC2 be released, I'm already loving the pre-release.
Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

this is so great
Sara Lee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:45 am

I think wannamingoes, fire geckos, and floaters need to travel in bigger gangs.
krystal sowten

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 am

Floaters tend to hang out with Super Mutants though, kind of like Centaurs. Usually the only one of their kind in the group.
Lillian Cawfield

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Floaters tend to hang out with Super Mutants though, kind of like Centaurs. Usually the only one of their kind in the group.

Something has to be done about the Centaurs too. They're useless. Have you feared a Centaur? Ever? Speed em up. Make em spit faster and more. Something.

But I also don't see why Floaters can't be removed from mutants and made to roam the wasteland in numbers. They could stand to be faster too.
Danel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 am

Triljin- If you increase their rad damage to 100 a spit ball, a centaur becomes a fearsome beast.
claire ley

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Playing for about 10 hours, no problems at all, the new respawn is working perfectly fine for me. ^_^
One thing, is looting and using weapons of the enemies a new follower feature of 1.5, or did Beth change something in the code which now makes MMMF3 also work on them?
Chloe Mayo

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Playing for about 10 hours, no problems at all, the new respawn is working perfectly fine for me. ^_^
One thing, is looting and using weapons of the enemies a new follower feature of 1.5, or did Beth change something in the code which now makes MMMF3 also work on them?

I know that as of 1.4 that followers/NPCs were willing to loot corpses in the middle of a fight if the corpse has a weapon that they can DPS with harder than the one they are equipping. I wouldn't be surprised if they had been made even more looty in 1.5. Do you feel sure that their looty-ness is increased since you patched to 1.5?

edit: I dont actually know if they are opening the corpses... there's a special case where an enemy's equip weapon sits on the ground, it could have been that behavior in 1.4 instead.
tannis

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

I know that as of 1.4 that followers/NPCs were willing to loot corpses in the middle of a fight if the corpse has a weapon that they can DPS with harder than the one they are equipping. I wouldn't be surprised if they had been made even more looty in 1.5. Do you feel sure that their looty-ness is increased since you patched to 1.5?

Well, that should be it, then. Didn't experience it before. Then again, with 1.4, I've only played my solo character and The Pitt with another, so that could be the reason I've never seen it. ^_^
Ernesto Salinas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:51 am

Triljin- If you increase their rad damage to 100 a spit ball, a centaur becomes a fearsome beast.

Is this something I can do in FO3Edit? I'll rummage around. But if you know which esp and what value I'd appreciate the tip!
Joey Avelar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 am

Why has this gotten to page 12?

And @ Triljian, it's probably in either the .esm or the main .esp file (not a plugin file) for MMM.
Abel Vazquez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 pm

The the moderators are being really generous? LOL. Beats me!
no_excuse

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:31 am

Not sure, did anyone else notice or have this problem yet? (if mentioned already, tl:dr, got 5 pages in before asking)

I've noticed a lot, and I do mean a fair lot, of raiders and feral ghouls randomly stopping and going friendly to me. Or being friendly before I even arrive near them. It's somewhat rare for raiders, only seen like 2-3 times, but for ghouls I've caught it at least 30+ times in the past couple days of not playing a whole lot.
Killer McCracken

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3