[RELz] Mart's Mutant Mod 1.0 RC 2.0

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Well, drat...I really liked playing with the Increased Increased Spawns.esp, but I'll do whatever I have to so that I can have some version of MMM included in my game. I'm uninstalling what I had and going with the FOMOD version and will use your same addon settings to see if that helps.
kasia

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:55 pm

I need help.
Can anyone share the save before the last attack on the Jefferson memorial? Preferably in the citadel?
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 am

Im also getting the slow downs. seems to happen around corpses most of all. I upgraded from rc1 to rc2 and noticed my fps overall had gone down

3 or 4 frames on average (using riva tuner to monitor in real time on screen) and when i killed a creature there seemed to be a zone around it that was all lag. I am Not using increased spawns.

Also noticed floaters when 'no floater' plug in was active.

on the plus side the fireflys are very cool, really stand out now ! the decay corpse is also great.

this slow down is quite a big issue for me as im playing with grids to load set at 9 (which is triple the standard fallout terrain loading) which makes the game look breath taking as I dont see the low res long distance textures but also has a huge impact on fps. So any fps drop due to a mod is a big thing in my game. I run the game at 15 - 22 fps but now im down to 12 and lagging.
Ricky Meehan

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Okay, I went back and completely uninstalled MMM then reinstalled the latest FOMOD version. I was able to get my latest save working with both Increased Spawns.esp and Increased Increased Spawns.esp (not at the same time, but trying both) again, both leaving them as installed originally (MMM.esm, MMM.esp and the add on .esp's) and also with putting them through the FO3MasterUpdate process.

So now the only difference in my game (I'm testing from the same save point that is right before I run into the lag zone I've been having problems with), as far as I can tell, is that I've now added No CorpseFlies.esp and NoSkeletonDecay.esp to the MMM mix for the first time.

I'll report back if I run into new lag zones, but adding those two addons seems to have fixed the problem for me. This is still odd because I added these two files based on YIIT's success, but I'm able to use either of the Spawns.esp files without having the problem pop up again.
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:27 am

Everything seems to work except I haven't seen any of the new Rambler ghouls, and corpse decay never happens. I've, for example killed the Raiders in Springvale school, and every time I revisit the school, the bodies haven't changed at all. ???
Jack Bryan

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:00 pm

corpse decay work perfect for me.
Also don't have problems with slowdown with increased spawns, dead raiders, which I can't tell about when they alive :)
Ramblers also present in the flash.
Capn tucker- seems to me you have wrong install or conflict with another mod. Are you sure in your load order?
Soph

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:31 am

Corpse decay has never appeared for me.
Nany Smith

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:59 pm

33 posts over the limit, hmm lets see if we can make it to 250 b4 the lock
Kathryn Medows

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:23 am

Corpse decay has never appeared for me.

I don't know, now I always make full reinstall of the MMM (through clean save)
May be you will do so also?
Lisha Boo

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Just a thought for a future release, radiation type attackers!

For example you could have a glowing mole-rat. It attacks you with the same effect as a Glowing One ghoul. (or replace that idea with yao-gui,rad-roach, etc). I believe you already have textures which would work well with it, glowing creatures(Or whatever the optional for glowy things is called).

Idea being, that sure the creature might not do the most damaging of attacks, but you will be diving into the rad-away if those come a-knocking
Barbequtie

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm

I went up against my first Gargantuan today. Whoooboy! The experience for taking it down was too little given that it took all of my ammo from my .44, my .308, all my 'nades, 1/3 of my shotgun shells, all my stimpacks, and various other chems. Crazy fun though, being knocked all over the map.
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:42 am

Hey all,

Been rather busy of late, but following the thread. The fact we're getting reports of crashes or slowdowns (that aren't, I'm going to presume, simply because of Increased Spawns and the engine rendering more actors on screen) with RC2 is odd because there's nothing inherently changed in RC2 that could cause this. For those thinking it has something to do with the IS plugin, that's simply impossible -- the plugin changes the values of two global variables and that's it (you can see this for yourself by loading it up on FO3Edit) that feed the MMM Increased Spawns engine. Further, this engine is unchanged since the first public Beta -- i.e, reports of the plugin causing lag must be something else, because nothing has changed about it since Beta 1!

I've wracked my brains over this and there's really nothing I can conclude except Fallout 3 is a temperamental POS. About the only thing that changed in RC2 that's remotely related to spawns is the move to a more efficient removal of the setup scripts -- they were set to be removed immediately after completing (which takes less than a second), instead of after a minute of in-game time. Technically, this should be more efficient for the engine and the player, but what they hey, this is Fallout 3 and I'm growing tired of these inexplicable quirks that I continually have to work around.

So here's a test .esp that uses the 1 minute timer from RC1. Load it after your other .esps just like any other plugin. Be sure to rest inside somewhere with no actors for 4 or more days to let cells reset, as you must always do when changing your MMM configuration, and let me know if the bizarre issues you've been seeing persist:

http://members.iinet.com.au/~amills/MMMF3-TF.zip
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:38 am

Martigen: Well I will try the test.esp and report ASAP. Meanwhile heres a strange thing I found out. I was wearing Ghoul Mask before I patched my esp's with Master Update. Yesterday I took off the mask to go on a zombie killing spree but when I entered a ghoul heavy zone, the ghouls were still friendly to me (even though I had no ghoul mask on). I havent searched the reasons behind this but im suspecting FO3edit (Master update mode).

What Im trying to say is that maybe the esm Update causes the plugins to behave persistently which causes crashes when already persistent script is load over again.

FOr example I played with Increased Spawns.esp enabled before I updated 1.5 and then MasterUpdated. after these updates, I started to have this lag ( the script is loading it self over and unloading itself) . If this is the case It might solve the appearing wanamingos even with Nowanamingos.esp enabled.

Speaking of wanamingos I slowly making progress with my wanamingo model, I rigged the skeleton, added collision object to the skeleton, succesfully exported the nifs and imported them to the geck.
Heres what I managed to do up to this point...

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3349/3572943532_e3cfda18d4_b.jpg[/img]

Things to do :

1) Even though the model has dismemberment meshes , and I can export these meshes with alpha values and Nifskope recognizing them as BSDismemberment Node , The geck sees them as a Part of the mesh, I need to find a way to fix this or the model will have no dismemberment.

2) As you can see in the screen shot the model clips a little to the ground level, need to fix that in Nifskope.

3) Need to start making the custom animations :((( :cryvaultboy: :nuts:

anyway... back to work
Matt Bee

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:06 pm

So here's a test .esp that uses the 1 minute timer from RC1. Load it after your other .esps just like any other plugin. Be sure to rest inside somewhere with no actors for 4 or more days to let cells reset, as you must always do when changing your MMM configuration, and let me know if the bizarre issues you've been seeing persist:

http://members.iinet.com.au/~amills/MMMF3-TF.zip

*sigh*

I forgot FO3Edit can't copy the associated script field when copying Base Effects. Use this updated test fix:

::: http://members.iinet.com.au/~amills/MMMF3-TF.zip

Same as before, clear your browser cache to ensure you download this updated version. And follow the instructions in the quote above.
Megan Stabler

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:42 pm

corpse decay work perfect for me.
Also don't have problems with slowdown with increased spawns, dead raiders, which I can't tell about when they alive :)
Ramblers also present in the flash.
Capn tucker- seems to me you have wrong install or conflict with another mod. Are you sure in your load order?

I think I'm seeing Ramblers now. The ghouls aren't named as such, but definitely limp. Still no corpse decay. Everything BUT that works. :brokencomputer: As for load order, what is yours that allows you to see the corpse decay?
Anne marie

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey Martigen, in your increased spawn mods are they made to work with the DLC and will you update it when the new dlc content is released?

And this is for you seperate mod Increased spawn mod.
laila hassan

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:15 pm

Martigen: Okay after 3 hours of another test play here is the results.

I played 1 hours with my old setup, NO "increased spawns.esp" and NO "fixtestpatch.esp" th gameplay is smooth with no hickups and lag, I even played in Capitol building with 1280x1024 resolution. No problems.I tested that strange ghoul mask / friendly ghoul faction bug I ran around killing friendly feral ghouls, went to megaton (no fast travelling fighting encounters all the way) No problems.Took my ghoul mask from my house and went to the city again. I put on the mask and then the ghouls started to be hostile again.

The i quit and I uninstalled my FO3 and made a clean install and patched the game to 1.5
I started the game with NO "increased spawns.esp but ENABLED "TestfixPatch.esp".Keeping all my mod settings. I loaded my Megaton house save.Rested 4 days. I went to sprinvale no problems. Enclave camp North of Silvers house
3 soldiers no problems, went to springvale school no raiders in sight??.Went to south of the school enclave camp beside the river bank inside the ruins. 8 Enclave officers 1 Enclave soldier ,No problems.

Went to Super Duper Mart no encounter, went to SuperMutant spawn building east of SDupermart. 7 super mutans No problems. went to Flooded Metro(Arlington/Wasteland Metro) south of wilhem's Warf. Entrence to the metro 3 Talon mercs. no problems.inside the metro fought 7 Feral Ghouls
(no Rambler or glowing) no problems. Outside Arlington Cemetery North Metro encountered 7 raiders.No problems. Arlington House in the cemetery
saved a game. Quit FO3.

I opened FOMM ENABLED BOTH "fixtest.esp" and "Increased Spawns.esp ".Started FO3.Loaded save.Rested 5 days.Exit cemetery and start to go back the same route I came to the cemetery. Outside Arlington Cemetery North Metro encountered 12 raiders , no problems.Inside th Arlington/Wasteland Metro (Flooded Metro) encountered 14 Feral Ghouls 2 Ramblers 2 glowing, no problems.Outside Flooded Metro(Arlington/Wasteland Metro) encountered 4 Talon Mercs , no problems. headed north to the super mutant spawn point east of Super Duper Mart. As I aproached back of the building the lag started, as I countinued to aproach lag started to persist more, on the encounter point there were only 3 super mutants, I could even fire because of the lag so tryed to open pip boy then lag immediately stopped choose plasma grenade, as soon as I pressed Lag started the same amount as before. I fired to throw the grenade however because of the lag it dropped to my feet, I died because of my own grenade. Exit game.

The End :D

well this was my test session. I hope it helps.
Claudz

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 pm

I've never experienced lag using MMM.

Whats your system setup if I may ask. If the lag is that bad it sounds like a mem or GPU issue.
No Name

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Is there anyway to disable the raiders from being included in the increased spawns or to tone there spawn rate down a bit? Fairfax for example seems to have about 100 raiders, which is almost an impossible fight for me due to lag. I have no problems in other heavy mob areas like the mall, etc where mutants spawn or the talon company fort. I would hate to disable increased spawns due to just raiders since everything else runs smooth.
Vincent Joe

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:46 pm

Is there anyway to disable the raiders from being included in the increased spawns or to tone there spawn rate down a bit? Fairfax for example seems to have about 100 raiders, which is almost an impossible fight for me due to lag. I have no problems in other heavy mob areas like the mall, etc where mutants spawn or the talon company fort. I would hate to disable increased spawns due to just raiders since everything else runs smooth.

Even though i dont have performance issues i would like to see a Increased Spawns: Decreased Version :P
Brιonα Renae

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:48 am

there is an overlap near rivet city with a broken steel quest and some talon company spawns. some quest called protecting the water way keeps getting botched cause whether i fast travel there or approach from another location the talons kill some leiautenant something or another and the quest is failed automatically. ill just set him as essential in the GECK for now, but i figured you would want to know about it. thanks for this awesome mod and of course for the oblivioin version since i started playing that agiain while waiting for a fix for the 1.5 debacle. :)
Isaac Saetern

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:09 am

This might be worth mentioning.

I've posted before in this thread about stuttering and all that when loading external cells but after some testing I've found something interesting. So what I did this time around was I scoured the nexus for every texture replacer that looked nice to me. (Weapons, armor, landscape) and did a fresh install of Fallout 3. Now with Vanilla Fallout 3 (with all these textures) I found I would still get some good stutter. Not too surprising but then I looked though the tweak guide for Fallout 3 on what it had to do with stuttering and applied a few things

I first increased my Uinterior & Uexterior cell buffers to 16 & 102 respectively. I also increased the Ipreloadsize limit to 262144000 to increase the amount Fallout 3 would use for preloading. Then I applied the changes relating to background loading and multi-threaded stuff in an effort to get Fallout 3 to utilize more of my compy's resource. I found this reduced my stutter by a fair amount but then I had another idea.

I raised the ugrids setting from 5 to 9 so that Fallout 3 would load stuff in more detail at a farther distance and doing so nearly eliminates the stutter completely. I believe this is due to more of the load being placed on my graphics card and it's memory rather than using the hard-drive as such.

I haven't tested this with MMM yet but it's something some of you may wish to give a go if you're experiencing stuttering issues.

Edit: Mayhap I spoke too soon. Though the stuttering was reduced I checked in Fraps and it was due to my framerate going from a regular 60 always to hovering around the mid 30's, so when the cell loaded and the frames per second would dip the dip wasn't as big of a jump and so the lag seemed less. Perhaps an fps limiting program would do the ticket? I haven't had any luck so far with Ifpsclamp.
Josephine Gowing

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:29 pm

I raised the ugrids setting from 5 to 9 so that Fallout 3 would load stuff in more detail at a farther distance and doing so nearly eliminates the stutter completely.

Slightly OT, but anway... DON'T! That setting nearly guarantees at somepoint bloating your savegames to the point where the game can't read them anymore. Plus, you can't even easily return to older settings. Just a reminder. If it was for testing only, phew. ^_^
Cheville Thompson

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Slightly OT, but anway... DON'T! That setting nearly guarantees at somepoint bloating your savegames to the point where the game can't read them anymore. Plus, you can't even easily return to older settings. Just a reminder. If it was for testing only, phew. ^_^

I would have mentioned it elsewhere but awhile back in the thread I had a few posts where I was talking with Martigen about the issue. I've finally fixed it though. I'm using FPS limiter to cap my fps at 30 (Which my graphics card ((GTX 275))) has no issues maintaining. Tomorrow I'll install the rest of my mods (Some gameplay changes) and MMM. Can't wait!
Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:39 am

OK i did start a new game to test why the floaters still appears when you use the No Floaters.esp, and they still do. All other NO esp's is working but not this one.
Rhi Edwards

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3