[RELz] Mart's Mutant Mod 1.0 RC 2.0

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:48 pm

I've never experienced lag using MMM.

Whats your system setup if I may ask. If the lag is that bad it sounds like a mem or GPU issue.

Kestler: I dont believe the problem is spec related but heres my setup,

PC _Windows XP Home Edition

MotherBoard: MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI
CPU: Intel Core 2 6700 @ 2.66 GHz
MEM: Corsair XMS 2 Performance ram - 4 GB (Unfortunately XP can Only see 3GB)
GPU: Nvidia 7950 GT - Single card with 512 mb mem-
Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Nforce on board)
HD: Seagate 320 GB
---------------------------------------------------

Martigen

First of all let me tell you I dont think this lag issue is caused by the MMM. I think its caused by either 1.5 patch or Fo3Masterupdate. I think the issue will resolve it self soon enough :D

And I formed a package containing saves with the lag issue. So if you like to check these save game *.rar please point me to an adress which I can upload or send via mail.
The package contains following >> 2 saves >>1 in arglinton cemetery with no rest for cell reset. 1 just before the Lag issue starts. The Ispawns.esp from my mod list and a needed FreeplayafterMQ_v5.esp (since I finished the main Q and without this esp the game will goto end credits.I also added a .txt file with my specs and Mod list config which I used with the save games.

Thanks and Good luck.

PS: I Couldnt send this with PM because it says your PM list is full. LOL :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit :

Ok I figured out the dismemberment , and now Geck sees dismemberment as it should.

also I finished the Wanamingo idle animation :D

Here take a look and say how you like it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31227239@N06/3575260771/

cheers
Isaac Saetern

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:29 am

WOW!
this thing must be always hangry and angry :)
Leanne Molloy

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 pm

I would have mentioned it elsewhere but awhile back in the thread I had a few posts where I was talking with Martigen about the issue. I've finally fixed it though. I'm using FPS limiter to cap my fps at 30 (Which my graphics card ((GTX 275))) has no issues maintaining. Tomorrow I'll install the rest of my mods (Some gameplay changes) and MMM. Can't wait!

Thank you- I miss this thing with FPS limiter.
This really help me, since your post I don't have CTD's outside!
Steven Nicholson

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:49 pm

The model and animation looks great.. but the texture looks 'meh'. The darker one looked nastier, this reminds me of a parrot (well a slimy, mutated parrot that is).
ruCkii

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:05 am

Oh, Mart, just seen that the Wanamingo are in the Yao Guai faction. Are you going to give them one of their own in the next release? ^_^
Jonathan Montero

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:09 pm

No CTD-s and slowliness so far.
Take FireFox now.
It was about 15(? with IS) raiders and 6 companions from my side. Until I kill all reiders there was little slowdown which decreese with each killing.
I install latest MMM fix alongside with FPS limiter and now see differencewith the past.
FWE installed give me ability to see enemy on the far distance. So- I can see process of enemies respawn.
Each time when respawn occur, game stuttering for short period. If respawn follow by the massive stuttering from the long walk and swap- this make game unstable and during nearest fight, when there is many sounds, flames and NPC-es there can be CTD. But after reloading from the save before the fight this crash not occur.
With FPS limiter now there are much less swap's slowliness, game run more smoothly. Now I not only don't have CTD-s, but was able to increase the screen resolution to 1280*1024
Jeffrey Lawson

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:00 pm

OK i did start a new game to test why the floaters still appears when you use the No Floaters.esp, and they still do. All other NO esp's is working but not this one.

I've only encountered one floater with that esp enabled and it was dead :P So it seems to work for me, somewhat.
Alister Scott

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Just quickly --

YIIT -- yes, send me that save, that would be great to look at. Also, love the new Wanamingo! Will definitely use it when you're ready.

On the slowdown/crash issues -- I got a good save from Brenner with a repeatable crash. I've played with it for a few hours, testing various theories, and finding that it's both related to spawns but... not related to spawns. Changing cells or simply resting for an hour with this crashable save stops it from happening. The resting in the spot of the crash fixing it -- where the same creatures which have already spawned are still there walking around -- lends to an issue with AI packages changing or similar. MMM spawns may be showing it up, but it may not be MMM itself.

I did a run with a new game, upped the players speed by 500, and literally traversed dozens and dozens of cells over a fifteen minutes period generating hundreds of new spawns. No crash issues. Doing the same test from Brenner's save would cause a crash guaranteed within five minutes of cell changes. Hence what I'm leaning towards at the moment is: savegame data

Many of the base scripts changed in RC2 to adopt the new corpse removal method, and I -think- what may be happening with the reported issues could a conflict of old and new data. If this is all that's going on, the solution is very simple. I'm still going to do more tests and see if any particular parts of the new scripts are causing issues, but in the meantime the following may fix the problems people are getting -- and I'd be interested to hear if they do.

In short: simply clean your savegame. This is http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=960580&view=findpost&p=13877387 earlier (and please read that link for more info) that can be used for clearing a savegame of any mod. And, generally, I'd recommend doing this at each update from Bethesda patches, but in short do this with MMM:
  • Go inside somewhere with no creatures or NPCs (your Megaton home might be best to be sure, butlers don't count btw)
  • Rest 4 days to let cells reset, save your game, quit
  • Disable all MMM modules (.esm, .esp, and optional plugins)
  • Load your game, save your game, quit
  • Re-enable MMM
It's a simple process, and simple to understand -- disabling a mod isn't enough, you need to save your game while it's disabled -- doing so removes all references of that mod from your game. By doing this with MMM you're ensuring everything that now exists in your savegame comes from only from RC2.

Note, as detailed at the above link, cleaning your savegame of a mod, which removes all references to it, means any items you're carrying from that mod will be removed too. For MMM this means any new creature loot, Night Ghoul eyes etc that you're carrying will be lost. But, I'm sure you'll agree, if this solves any stability issues it will be worth it and you can will always find some more of these items. It's worth mentioning though with respect to cleaning your game of other mods -- mods that add unique items that you've found for example.

The above is a process you can use to fix issues from other mods and -- if you ever get any major game-breaking problems from running too many mods -- I'd first try cleaning your game of all mods and seeing if that helps. Note that mods that add perks to the player often won't let you remove them (your savegame won't load to be saved clean if they're not enabled) but most other mods should remove fine (unless you're doing something silly like removing a DLC while you're in a cell provided by that DLC! -- use common sense).
JERMAINE VIDAURRI

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Mart - I am so pleased that you were aboe to get a saved game with a repeatable slowdown / crash issue. Just providing that for you was a major headache as I was having the slowdowns for sure but for the life of me I could not guarantee that they were going to be repeatable each and every time the save game was tested.

Excellent news that you have a theory : savegame data.

Would I be correct in assuming that if the above can help to resolve the issue would it not just occur again over a period of saves when, for example, the MMM mod is re-enabled..? Would you also suggest not using your testfix esp when applying the MMM mod again..?
Steph

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Would I be correct in assuming that if the above can help to resolve the issue would it not just occur again over a period of saves when, for example, the MMM mod is re-enabled..? Would you also suggest not using your testfix esp when applying the MMM mod again..?

It seems to me so.
Last time I begin new game with RC2 installed and I don't have slowliness and repeatable crashes
With FPSLimiter I don't have crashes at all- already two days

@Martigen.
I often see skeletons alongside with parent's bodies. Is this normal?
In time bodies disappeared, bat at first they lay together with skeletons
Brandi Norton

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:55 am

Hey, Mart, your inbox is full, just so you know. Might want to empty it.
ijohnnny

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Shouldn't matter, especially if that wasn't having an impact.

@Martigen.
I often see skeletons alongside with parent's bodies. Is this normal?
In time bodies disappeared, bat at first they lay together with skeletons

Hmm... the parent bodies most certainly should disappear. Are you sure they weren't fresh kills?

Hey, Mart, your inbox is full, just so you know. Might want to empty it.

I did, two hours ago :) It's full again already, now (partially) cleared.
jessica robson

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:56 am

Hmm... the parent bodies most certainly should disappear. Are you sure they weren't fresh kills?

No. I first time kill raiders near Super-Duper Mart, after day or two return back. New spawn was not present and on the ground lay together skeletons and bodies in equivalent numbers.
When I return next time- bodies was disappeared, skeletons remains.
But I have respawn timer set to 7(?) by FWE.
KU Fint

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:44 pm

No. I first time kill raiders near Super-Duper Mart, after day or two return back. New spawn was not present and on the ground lay together skeletons and bodies in equivalent numbers.
When I return next time- bodies was disappeared, skeletons remains.
But I have respawn timer set to 7(?) by FWE.

Interesting... so you do have Zones Respawn on I presume?

The respawn timer shouldn't matter. The cells reset when the respawn timer comes up, and the skeletons should only get placed on a cell reset (they actually use the OnReset block).

Has it happened anywhere else?

Also while I think of it -- anyone want to do creature skeleton models, let me know :)
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:50 am

Argh this is so unfair! That sounds so cool! I am defiently getting Fallout for PC when i get a decent one. Your mod sounds EPIC, Wonder if Beth will do a new creature overhaul? Dont answer that, dont want to put this off topic, Great mod, ill book mark it to keep it for when i get fallout on PC
Samantha Pattison

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:31 pm

1. Interesting... so you do have Zones Respawn on I presume?
2. The respawn timer shouldn't matter. The cells reset when the respawn timer comes up, and the skeletons should only get placed on a cell reset (they actually use the OnReset block).
3. Has it happened anywhere else?

1. Yes, I use all MMM-s, exept no...esp
2. It seems to me skeletons don't wait until respawn time :)
3. Can't say for now- it is rare when I return to place where I already been. But I check it.

One more thing.
When I try to test JM exterior problem few days ago, I see strange things with respawn points.
So- we have 2 RC Guards, 1 brahmin. 1 BS paladin and 1 Scribe.
During enclave ambush brahmin flee to JM interior. All other defenders was killed.
I resurrect them all after battle, 1 RC guard run to the JM interior, it seems he must protect the brahmin.

Next time when I return there was another battle, but there was only 1 RC guard and two mans from BS. 1 guard and brahmin was missed. I come into JM interior and found them inside. Brahmin and guard. I kill them both through console.

Next time when I return there was another battle, again there was only 1 RC guard and two mans from BS. I come into JM interior and... found 1 guard and 1 brahmin inside.

May be this info will be useful.
Damned_Queen

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 pm

1. Yes, I use all MMM-s, exept no...esp
2. It seems to me skeletons don't wait until respawn time :)
3. Can't say for now- it is rare when I return to place where I already been. But I check it.

I tested this extensively with Raiders at Super Duper Mart and Feral Ghouls in tunnels and the bodies disappeared when they should and skeletons appeared when they should. See if a) it's happening anywhere else and B) if it happens loading only MMM. Perhaps another mod is playing silly buggers.

Again, it's very easy to test this feature -- take Super Duper Mart for eg. Go in, bring down console -- killall, leave. Bring down console, set iHoursToRespawnCells to 2. Rest 3 hours. Go inside -- you should see live raiders, and skeletons. Bring down console -- killall. Leave, rest 3 hours, go in. You should have new raiders, and skeletons, but only one set of skeletons from the last set of raiders who died.

One more thing.
When I try to test JM exterior problem few days ago, I see strange things with respawn points.
So- we have 2 RC Guards, 1 brahmin. 1 BS paladin and 1 Scribe.
During enclave ambush brahmin flee to JM interior. All other defenders was killed.
I resurrect them all after battle, 1 RC guard run to the JM interior, it seems he must protect the brahmin.

Next time when I return there was another battle, but there was only 1 RC guard and two mans from BS. 1 guard and brahmin was missed. I come into JM interior and found them inside. Brahmin and guard. I kill them both through console.

Next time when I return there was another battle, again there was only 1 RC guard and two mans from BS. I come into JM interior and... found 1 guard and 1 brahmin inside.

Actors set to respawn will do so where they die, not where they began life in the world. This is the vanilla Fallout 3 engine.
brandon frier

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:40 am

Martigen

Ok i clean the same Save game which I was going to send you , and started to play from there no lags, stuters or hickups. all is well :D

I also extended my initial test by going to some other places which I thought was creating lag. And no problems there too. Thanks Martigen.

I m still working on the animations for Wanamingo , so far completed İdle ,turn right,turn left.

For some reason although I use text buffer for blender on the animation files Geck doesnt recognize the start-end commands or recognize the animation type (Animation groups)

For instance mtidle.kf is recognized as a animation file however Geck gives animation group errors saying the animation sequence has no name (idle). If anyone has any idea how can I fix this please tell me . Thanks.
EDIT: Nevermind that help request about the animation, I found how to do it.For future reference, in the blender txt buffer you have to add some strings in order to GECK to recognize the animation.

for example the mtbackward.kf file starts with these strings

2/start -name Backward -at xy -loop -GlobalRatio 50 -GlobalCompressFloats true -GlobalDontCompress false
21/Enum: Left
32/Enum: BackLeft
51/Enum: Right
62/Enum: BackRight
62/end

--------------

The bold parts are important.

well back to work

cheers

Harry-James Payne

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 am

Martigen

Ok i clean the same Save game which I was going to send you , and started to play from there no lags, stuters or hickups. all is well :D

I also extended my initial test by going to some other places which I thought was creating lag. And no problems there too. Thanks Martigen.

Thanks good to hear. Be interested to see how everyone else fares!

Also, while I think of it -- been meaning to add this for a while: what do you think is fair compensation XP wise for taking down a Gargantuan? :)
AnDres MeZa

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 am

Also, while I think of it -- been meaning to add this for a while: what do you think is fair compensation XP wise for taking down a Gargantuan? :)

This is difficult question.
Logically- Gargantuan's killing must be well revarded.
Practically- there are too many XP and money in the game.
May be perk? With each Gargantuan's killing... :)
Devin Sluis

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:40 pm

This is difficult question.
May be perk? With each Gargantuan's killing... :)

For the love of all that is holy no perks :P

I'd much rather have an npc merchant that either expands his stock or raises caps he has on him(Or simply increase the vanilla caravan items. Better guns, armor with more garg. kills.). Idea being that trade is somewhat safer with the monster gone. However, I know that is somewhat leaning away from what MMM is :-)

So if the above cant be done, I'd rather have 100-200 exp per gargantuan kills. I forget what the mmm exp is for killing them *sighs*
james reed

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:14 pm

I was having CTD issues also, took Martigan's "clean save game" advice, and happy to report that seems to have solved my issues. Thanks!
Destinyscharm

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks good to hear. Be interested to see how everyone else fares!

Xp is a easy to do reward. I'd go for more loot, since they don't seem overly bright, and if they lied down on the ground, they'd get about 15 weapons stuck in their skin.
Kit Marsden

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:40 pm

got it working now i guess i was putting the files in the wrong place or something. anyway great work keep it up. and any tips for a new modder?
Emily Graham

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:31 am

started a fresh new game and as i was playing with mmm i came across two enclave's before they are supposed to spawn, they seemed like the extra guys from increased spawns, it was at the ruin tower farm thing near megaton on the way to the super duper mart, using the most recent broken steel plugin from this thread too and the test.esp from the last few pages.
Amy Gibson

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3