MCA Problem

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:07 am

what other program would you recommend? to search strings.. this situation is getting old and trust me buddy i've been on this for about a month solid I've have to work while bringing my laptop to my office to see if i get this fixed..
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 am

The only 2 apps for searching for strings in files that I've heard of from Windows users are "Wingrep" and "Inforapid search".
Jose ordaz

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:25 am

lets fix the leveled problems and call it a day sigh..
Roisan Sweeney

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 am

problem is which plugin is it!!! we know it's one of the MCA plugins but i'm afraid when i disable it more problems will arise.. btw MCA Cov is disabled..
Iain Lamb

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:37 pm

we might have something here.. the other search program was BS.. this one Inform.exe might be what we needed.. it's scanning my entire morrowind directory so i'll keep you posted on the results when it's done..
Lauren Denman

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 am

this might take awhile it's searching my entire morrwind folder this is 10 or 11gbs i'll keep you posted..
Ben sutton

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:12 am

this might take awhile it's searching my entire morrwind folder this is 10 or 11gbs i'll keep you posted..

No problem. You can just edit your last post, you don't have to post each update in a new post. (edit: unless your post is no longer the last in the thread, in case that wasn't clear).

Normally you'd just search your plugins in "Data Files" which should go faster. But if you search everything under Morrowind, then it should at least come up with warnings.txt, and we'll know it's working.
Krystal Wilson

Post » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 pm

ok guys update.. the program stopped and found the string however no other string with that name was found in the entire system now we know what's causing the problem now we need to dig it up i'm sorry warnings.text so were back on track here..
Nims

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:00 am

ok guys update.. the program stopped and found the string however no other string with that name was found in the entire system now we know what's causing the problem now we need to dig it up i'm sorry warnings.text so were back on track here..

I didn't quite get that. You found the string (which one?) in which files?
lauraa

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:17 am

I didn't quite get that. You found the string (which one?) in which files?

i'm sorry buddy _MCA_noble_imp_f7 this was found in the warnings.txt so were on track here.. it's the plugins or one of them my question is how could that be the problem?
KU Fint

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:32 am

i'm sorry buddy _MCA_noble_imp_f7 this was found in the warnings.txt so were on track here.. it's the plugins or one of them my question is how could that be the problem?

If that's the only file it found under Morrowind, then something must have gone wrong. Are you on Vista? Are all your files under Morrowind, or is there some funky OS scattering of files about going on? Maybe a Windows user can help out. I don't really have the experience in that area.

The idea of searching all files under Morrowind was to include all your plugins and savegames. It really should have found another file besides warnings.txt.
jennie xhx

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:13 am

if the plugins Associated with MCA were meant for it how could they conflict with it's own self.. that's like my arms conflicting with my body we all know i need my arms to do certain task such as write/eat etc...
clelia vega

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:57 am

i never use vista, however maybe i'm using the search function wrong that has to be it..
Rik Douglas

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:56 am

if the plugins Associated with MCA were meant for it how could they conflict with it's own self.. that's like my arms conflicting with my body we all know i need my arms to do certain task such as write/eat etc...

I believe the problem is that you have or had some addons for an older version of MCA mixed in with the latest version of MCA(5.2). That's definitely going to cause errors.

When you did the search, was there an option to ignore case? Object names are not case sensitive.
SUck MYdIck

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:25 am

here are the options "search for", "In files", "In directories",Search Method" also on the right hand side there is an option called "with subdirectories"

for search method you have exact phrase matching, pattern matching, and phonetic
the in files part is what's confusing me so I've used this program incorrectly

and yes case sensitive was on "laughs"

these are my search options search for: _MCA_ashlander_m1
In files: esm esp
in directories: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\
Search Method: exact phrase matching
Heather Kush

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:57 am

and yes case sensitive was on "laughs"

Well, turn that off and try again. This time let's just search all files in "Data Files" and see if it goes faster.
Penny Wills

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:27 am

alright buddy were back in the game the search hasn't finished yet but these are the results we were looking for..

- COV Addon.esp - 142.233 bytes - Thu, 22.02.07 at 17:57 - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\
10.459 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m2 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m3 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m4 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV
10.495 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m3 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m4 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV
10.531 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m4 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV
10.567 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV
137.932 INTV INAM KO_White_sash_dress INTV INAM KO_Surcoat INTV NPC_? NAME _MCA_noble_imp_f7 FNAM Noblewoman RNAM Imperial CNAM Noble ANAM BNAM _MCA_imperial_f_head1 KNAM _MCA_imperial_f_hair1 SCRI
Merged_Leveled_Lists.esp - 713.849 bytes - Sun, 10.01.10 at 16:20 - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\
237.581 CNAM _MCA_nobles_rare INTV CNAM _MCA_nobles_rare INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_dunmer_m7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV
237.617 _MCA_nobles_rare INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_dunmer_m7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_f7 INTV
237.653 _MCA_noble_dunmer_m7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_f7 INTV
237.689 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_f7
Pride'sInformation_list.esp - 80.593 bytes - Wed, 14.09.05 at 07:44 - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\
3.390 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m2 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m3 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m4 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV
3.426 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m3 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m4 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV
3.462 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_m4 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV
3.498 CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_imp_f7 INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV CNAM _MCA_noble_breton_m INTV
Anna S

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:47 am

Let's see what happens if you disable all the matching plugins and start your game up again.
Claudia Cook

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:51 am

why am i getting the feeling that MCA More enemies.esp and MCA Vampire Realism is causing it..and i don't understand your last message i apologize
I’m my own

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:34 am

What I meant in my last post was to de-activate all the plugins that came up in the match, including your merged leveled lists plugin, then start up the game again and see what you get in warnings.txt.
Deon Knight

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:31 am

were so close John it was MCA more enemies and something else but now it's down to the leveled items and were finished!!

Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_dun_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_novices' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_priests' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_mercenaries' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_dunmer_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_dunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_dunmer_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_dunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_nord_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoner_nord'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_dun_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_dunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_imp_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_all'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_imp_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_all'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_breton_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_all'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_breton_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_all'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_novices' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_ex_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_priests' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_ex_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_mercenaries' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_ex_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAW_travellers' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_ex_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAW_fighters' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_ex_adventurers'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_imp_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_nondunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_bret_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_nondunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_nord_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_nondunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_bos_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_nondunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_orc_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_nondunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_redg_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_nondunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_commoner_alt_f2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_commoners_nondunmer'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_altmer_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_rare'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_bosmer_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_rare'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_nord_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_rare'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_noble_redguard_f7' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_nobles_rare'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_crusader_nord_m2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_crusaders'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_crusader_imp_m2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_crusaders'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCA_crusader_breton_m2' in Leveled Creature '_MCA_crusaders'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_ali' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_erik' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_finn' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_kagha' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_khann' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_leem-ka' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_luthien' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_lysa' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_penthisilia' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_quintus' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_a_seni' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_c_bracchus' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_c_johann' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_c_josephine' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_c_laeril' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_c_persephone' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_c_susan' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_annah' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_draythen' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_edheldur' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_hrothulf' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_isolde' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_malorie' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_medea' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_omar' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_reynald' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_ufthak' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_f_wetbehindhisear' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_g_lara' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_g_maeldyr' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_g_nimlas' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_k_caspian' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_k_edward' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_k_morrandyr' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_k_polyxena' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_k_veronique' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_edhrinor' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_elira' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_hlan' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_jasmine' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_marcus' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_nenuial' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_rajah' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_m_selena' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_r_neldor' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_r_malthus' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_r_manfred' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_r_mirear' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_r_telania' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_r_tsalarr' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_ana_indoril' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_shareel' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_pharakhor' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_cornelius' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_eowyn' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_ghrash' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_octavius' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_sharpclaws' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_symmachus' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_telion' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_arran' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_unferth' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_yasam' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Unable to locate creature '_MCAC_w_zuhami' in Leveled Creature '_MCAC_companions'.
Steve Fallon

Post » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:52 pm

I'd say repeat the procedure: search for a string for something Morrowind can't find, like: '_MCAC_a_penthisilia', then disable the plugins that reference that object.
ruCkii

Post » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:13 pm

don't i need to leveled list esp though to fix the Leveled list problem i mean i don't know you're the expert i am just a business owner i don't know anything about games but morrowind is really good.. also remind me to pay you for your assistance.. Merged_Leveled_Lists.esp and Pride's Information_list is not activated.. what's this is telling me is that the associated string is in these esp which gives me reason to believe they need to be activated.. what do you think forget what think i'm not an expect when it comes to this great learning experience..

"update list"
Merged_Leveled_Lists.esp - 713.849 bytes - Sun, 10.01.10 at 16:20 - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\
458.459 _MCAC_a_lysa INTV CNAM _MCAC_a_penthisilia INTV CNAM _MCAC_a_quintus INTV CNAM
Pride'sInformation_list.esp - 80.593 bytes - Wed, 14.09.05 at 07:44 - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\
19.105 _MCAC_a_lysa INTV CNAM _MCAC_a_penthisilia INTV CNAM _MCAC_a_quintus INTV CNAM
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:07 am

don't i need to leveled list esp though to fix the Leveled list problem

No. Let's just delete that for now, and regenerate it after you are done de-activating any problematic mods.

Edit: Let us not speak of money. It's all for the game around here.
Jade Payton

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:10 am

alright the leveled list is deleted
ladyflames

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind