Mods that never came to pass

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 am

Kissing and hugging animations.
jaideep singh

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 am

I honestly wish Beth had even half the support for the community that Bioware does. They continued to make patches for 7 years after the release of NWN. Adding more features(E.G. Flowing capes), tile sets, scripts and classes all the time.

In fact I'm gonna go play it now.
Philip Rua

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 am

Hex_0ff is currently working on that as a part of UV, to my knowledge.

And now I feel bad for not bringing my animating computer with me on my break. I'll need to find some time this semester to finish up those climbing anims and send them to HeX.

That'd be a good thing Odysseus. Got some free time coming up next month when I can get a decent bit of modding done, so i'd love to try out the new scripts with the animations. Life's been eating my time at a rate of knots at the moment. The imminent arrival of my first child seems to take up an amazing amount of time for something that's still not actually happened yet...
Tiffany Castillo

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:00 am

That'd be a good thing Odysseus. Got some free time coming up next month when I can get a decent bit of modding done, so i'd love to try out the new scripts with the animations. Life's been eating my time at a rate of knots at the moment. The imminent arrival of my first child seems to take up an amazing amount of time for something that's still not actually happened yet...
:o
Name : Unnecessary Violence
Date : 4/21/27

Nevertheless, my advanced congratulations and best wishes :)
Jah Allen

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Lol... FCOM v 0.9.9.5. :bigsmile:

I can't even imagine FCOM v 1.0...

PS: Total respect for dev_akm, shikshima, corepc, arthmoor and others who are working on it, I know this takes time, so I just gotta be patient! :goodjob:

UFCOM for NOW..which is a hold you over till

FCOM 1.0 Dev_Akm is still working on it, in making So it will happen..Patience is a virtue..This is truth, dev_akm has real life duties and family that come first..

============

NpcwithJobs - Best hops for something similar is with http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=706b8fa50030560de77be4eeba43e843&search_in=topics&result_type=topics

============

Better Self Shadows Mod..sure someone talked about that ..DX9..
Connie Thomas

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:26 pm

And people wonder why I never announce my in-development mods (I already have enough trouble as it is supporting all my released mods...) :P
Silvia Gil

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 am

1. Cuteunit's Holy Blade Of Light
2. C.O.R.E.II and III (SaharDoom has said hardly anything for a while)
3. ShadyTradesman's Improved Khajiit Textures
4. There was some sort of proper legs for Khajiit mod, forgot who was behind it, or what it was called, but it looked good.
michael flanigan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 pm

And people wonder why I never announce my in-development mods (I already have enough trouble as it is supporting all my released mods...) :P

I hate your avatar, and how many mods do you have anyway ?
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:18 am

Some mod to revamp all the guilds to make them longer and less bland, but still completely lore accurate and with no extra voice acting.
steve brewin

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:46 am

I hate your avatar, and how many mods do you have anyway ?
You... hate my avatar? *sniffle* :(

And total count is 14 released Oblivion mods, and 2 released Fallout 3 mods. So a total of 16.
Joanne

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 am

The province of Highrock. Bretons are my very favorite race...

And some expansion of the Dark Brotherhood quest line, too.
Bethany Watkin

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Dune...
A fliggerty mod for OB.
Qarl's underground 3 mod. Hell Qarl in general. He he spears.
Jack

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:42 pm

There was going to be a desert themed Unique Landscape located north and west of Kvatch.
Matthew Aaron Evans

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:15 pm

4. There was some sort of proper legs for Khajiit mod, forgot who was behind it, or what it was called, but it looked good.

I'm actually working on something more or less exactly this right now. I don't think I posted anything about it here, but you may have seen it somewhere else. Most likely though, it was someone else's mod you saw. It actually started as a new race thing, but then my textures were terrible, but then I managed to make some decent khajiit and tabaxi ones. Really, all I have left to do now is a bit of faffing about with nifs, then I'm going to have to look into how I'd go about releasing it. Lemme see if I can dig up a picture.

Something along the lines of http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm390/polojilarious/Khajiit.jpg

Back on the topic of mods that never came to pass, I want a spear mod with a custom set of animations! I don't wanna swing my spear like a sword.
Janine Rose

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 am

the jousting mod. still saddens me.

It needs to be done for TES5 or I quit. (I'll help!)
leigh stewart

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am

All I really want in a game is some minor acrobatics - and it seems I'm about to get that, so I won't beg too much.

Some nice parkour/freerunning style things would be nice, like vaulting and basic wall scaling would be nice. Right now I'm running P-Froggy's, and until UV releases the version with the acrobatics, I'll have to make do with my imaginary first person feats of insane acrobatics. (I swear, I have an in-game deathwish.)
joseluis perez

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 am

I'd still like to see a good total conversion that really changes the game massively, though.

MERP is still very much alive :D

I'd like to see horse combat when DR6 comes out :)
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 am

A while ago there was this project called BRAINS, made by a modder named Syclonix. It would enhance fighting and fleeing AI of NPC's and a lot more. But he didn't have time to work on it anymore, so now it's abandoned. He left the files for some other modder to finish, and I'm still hoping that one day some modder will take up the work, and complete the mod...
Josh Trembly

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 am

Lol... FCOM v 0.9.9.5. :bigsmile:

I can't even imagine FCOM v 1.0...

PS: Total respect for dev_akm, shikshima, corepc, arthmoor and others who are working on it, I know this takes time, so I just gotta be patient! :goodjob:

Is it a good or bad sign when you're getting credit for things you aren't even involved with? :)

And some expansion of the Dark Brotherhood quest line, too.

A little patience will be rewarded soon enough. :ninja:
Lady Shocka

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:34 am

A little patience will be rewarded soon enough. :ninja:

Come on, spill the beans, who's working on that project? I can keep a secret! :hubbahubba:
Abi Emily

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Well it's not totally dead, but if Corepc could find some time amid his massive modding commitments to devote to his http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=705546 mod I would be a very happy camper.
Veronica Martinez

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:18 am

I'm actually working on something more or less exactly this right now. I don't think I posted anything about it here, but you may have seen it somewhere else. Most likely though, it was someone else's mod you saw. It actually started as a new race thing, but then my textures were terrible, but then I managed to make some decent khajiit and tabaxi ones. Really, all I have left to do now is a bit of faffing about with nifs, then I'm going to have to look into how I'd go about releasing it. Lemme see if I can dig up a picture.

Something along the lines of http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm390/polojilarious/Khajiit.jpg

Back on the topic of mods that never came to pass, I want a spear mod with a custom set of animations! I don't wanna swing my spear like a sword.

Yes, although that one you are working on looks a lot nicer. :)
Can't wait to see a release, I'll be watching. :)
Oh, and if you need any help, holler, I may not be the modder I was, but I still know some about NIF files and such. :D
Miranda Taylor

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:08 pm

A Morrowind style Daedric Dagger that is both morrowind style and has daedric texturing with glow maps for the red bits(I remember them glowing slightly in Morrowind). I know of that dagger Collection with those daggers that look like daedric daggers from morrowind, but they didn't have the texture for it, and lacked a proper glow map to go with the textures that didn't exists.
Steve Fallon

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:15 am

I honestly wish Beth had even half the support for the community that Bioware does. They continued to make patches for 7 years after the release of NWN. Adding more features(E.G. Flowing capes), tile sets, scripts and classes all the time.

In fact I'm gonna go play it now.

That's not entirely true. The flowing capes and stuff were part of the NWN DLC project which was being created for Bioware by a third party (DLA) funded by Atari, when Atari killed NWN's DLC development they ended up with loads of leftover assets such as tilesets and equipment, which (once the legal wrangling was over and with agreement of DLA) they added to the later patches. Bioware's only real part in that content was to sign it off and integrate it into the patch.

I'd like tohave seen one of the mounted combat mods to come to fruition (That wasn't bundled with deadly reflex, which is unstable as heck in my experience)
Pawel Platek

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 am

A Morrowind style Daedric Dagger that is both morrowind style and has daedric texturing with glow maps for the red bits(I remember them glowing slightly in Morrowind). I know of that dagger Collection with those daggers that look like daedric daggers from morrowind, but they didn't have the texture for it, and lacked a proper glow map to go with the textures that didn't exists.

I actually finished a very authentic MW Style Daedric Dagger for OB (with glow maps) but never released/uploaded.
vanuza

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion