More joinable factions please...

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:46 pm

I would like to see a lot more factions compared to Oblivion. Non-combat factions too, like a Nine Divines faction where you go on a pilgrimage, heal people, ask for donations or whatever. I thought that was a nice touch in Morrowind.
I play the role of an adventurer, so i have not the managing skill to rule a faction. so maybe the highest rank available to the player shouldn't be the master of the guild, maybe an high rank officer

I really think so too. In Daggerfall it was impossible to become the grand master of the guild, and I liked that. For me it made more sense.
Charlotte Henderson

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 pm

I really think so too. In Daggerfall it was impossible to become the grand master of the guild, and I liked that. For me it made more sense.
I liked it too, it let you be important without having paperwork duties.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Sorry, but after the events of the book, the Empire is gone.

So is the mage guild, by the way.
Justin Bywater

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:19 pm

I don't think that factions the way they are now would fit the feel of Skyrim, like I don't expect there to be organized mages guilds dotting the frozen tundra or out in the wilderness.
Taylor Thompson

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:00 am

Is it safe to assume there will be mostly new factions in Skyrim? Doesn't the Mages Guild break in half or something? Hopefully you'll be able to join the Morog Tong again, even though I doubt it.
jadie kell

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Fighters,mages and thieves guild are MUST
I'd like to see something like hunter's guild but it would be good to see bestiary improvement, that means overall more creatures.
Assasins guild/dark brotherhood is always interesting to have around.
Something like arena should also be added.
I would also like to see a couple of joinable houses/clans (similar to the 3 great houses in morrowind)
I would replace imperial legion with something like native nord legion of knights or something like that, having imperial guards there just doesnt seem logical
They could keep imperial cult and temple and/or add a few other cults worshiping skyrim deities
Some hidden guild,faction or a couple of quests concerning the falmer race.
Brad Johnson

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:04 pm

So is the mage guild, by the way.

They are still around in the form of the Synod and the College of Whispers, with the former being a religiously oriented magical faction (sort of the like the Temple of Morrowind), and the College of Whispers being purely secular.
Heather Kush

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:52 am

They are still around in the form of the Synod and the College of Whispers, with the former being a religiously oriented magical faction (sort of the like the Temple of Morrowind), and the College of Whispers being purely secular.

Yeah. Actually it's a good thing, because we get 2 factions for the price of 1! :yes:
laila hassan

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:57 pm

The more factions the better. They should be skill limited to stop an axe wielding barbarian becoming head of the Mages guild (or whatever they're calling it these days). Also I really hope they bring back mutually exclusive factions, such as Morrowind's great houses.
Jade

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 pm

I don't think that factions the way they are now would fit the feel of Skyrim, like I don't expect there to be organized mages guilds dotting the frozen tundra or out in the wilderness.

What about in the old, powerful, wealthy areas like Solitude? Skyrim isn't populated solely by barbaric tribespeople, it is a powerful and wealthy province.

And yes, skill requirements, in some form or other, do need to come back precisely because they slow down the progression. It seems to make for sense for advancement to take a long time than to go from being a worthless adventurer to head of the mages guild overnight.
Gwen

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:33 pm

I wont not only a variety of factions, but also tough choices between them. I want consequences so that I really have to think about doing a given factions bidding.
Kate Schofield

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim