Multiplayer Balance Changes

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:20 am

I'm fine with everything. exept nano suit recharge rate being reduced. It's hard enough keeping the suit's energy full. especially on the larger maps such as wall street.etc.

Now it will be even harder to get decent kills.

I personally think something should be done about the fact that the game sometimes spawn you right infront of an enemy, which means I get killed 3 times directly after respawning before having a real chance at the game.
natalie mccormick

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi everyone!

We've been monitoring weapon performance over the last few weeks and have made several balance adjustments. Below you'll find a list of changes that have already been rolled out to both 360 and PS3 and are ready for you to check out right now! The PC will receive these changes in the upcoming patch, due next week.

Weapons:
? AY69: Increased recoil
? DSG1: Reduced fire rate
? Feline: Increased recoil
? Hammer: Reduced recoil
? Jackal: Reduced full auto spread, Increased single shot spread
? Jaw: Reduced damage, Reduced rocket speed
? Kvolt: Increased damage
? LTag: Increased fire rate, Increased damage
? Mk60: Reduced recoil
? Scar: Increased recoil
? Scarab: Increased recoil, Increased spread
? Gauss attachment: Increased clip size, Removed damage falloff
? Light shotgun attachment: Increased clip size, Reduced damage
? Frag grenade: Increased damage
? HMG: Removed crouch accuracy bonus

Modules:
? Air Stomp: Reduced recovery time
? Nano Recharge: Reduced recharge rate
? Detonation Delay: Reduced delay
? Energy Transfer: Reduced tier 3 transfer amount
? Point Fire Enhance: Reduced spread further
? Weapon Pro: Increased reload and ironsight speeds further
? Mobility Enhance: Increased energy costs

Other:
? Nanosuit 2.0: Reduced armour bonus
? Headshot damage modifier reduced

Let us know what you think once you've tried them out! Any further changes you guys could suggest, let us know :)

- gamesas Team

Are guys serious with all the lag and match making issues frame rate hiccups . You jokers tweaked the guns . WOW!!!! Thanks !
Mélida Brunet

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:12 pm

once you get the latest patch, the "balances" are erased.
Justin Bywater

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:04 pm

Umm guys I have no issue with lag at all, it works completely! And when u guys say gauss doesnt work, it does, it dosnt kill them no but it complatly reduces their energy to nil so u can just pull out a pistol and a few shots they are dead.
Mario Alcantar

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:24 am

Umm guys I have no issue with lag at all, it works completely! And when u guys say gauss doesnt work, it does, it dosnt kill them no but it complatly reduces their energy to nil so u can just pull out a pistol and a few shots they are dead.

Some people like me can't switch from a weapon attachment such as a gauss attachment to a pistol because a bug stops me. When I press triangle to switch from a attachment to secondary weapon or another primary weapon I just change fire modes instead. This bug needs fixing. Plus I can't switch fire modes fast enough, it takes about 2 seconds to change fire modes, I think thats related to lag though. That also needs fixing. I also sometimes respawn in front of enemies.
Jaki Birch

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:30 pm

Good but I hope after that they fix the LAG and BUGS.
Naomi Lastname

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:04 pm

The first thing that came to mind was: the weapons needed balancing? They were perfectly fine to begin with and I was able to get kills with all the guns (except K-Volt but who uses that anyway...). I played for a few hours today and the feel seems to be the same, mostly since I engage in medium to close quarters so recoil doesn't affect me. I did notice that more people seemed to be hopping on the Mk60 so maybe they noticed the reduced recoil. I use the reduced recoil module so I'm not affected by this. Speaking of recoil, though:

? AY69: Increased recoil
? Feline: Increased recoil
? Scar: Increased recoil
? Scarab: Increased recoil, Increased spread

Crytek pretty much increased recoil on all the automatic assault rifles. How exactly is this balancing? They were equal before and now they're still on the same playing fields, just worse off than before. The module changes were unnecessary with the exemption of Air Stomp because you were just a sitting duck before after performing the attack. I liked the game's emphasis on headshots prior to the update, but I'm perfectly fine with reducing the damage multiplier. Nanosuit 2.0 is probably useless now.

I want to thank Crytek for taking the time and actually work towards improving the game. However, I agree with other posters in that bugs and glitches should be the first priority. I've seen complaints about every single primary weapon thus far which means that they're all equally dangerous and don't need to be tweaked.
GPMG

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:43 pm

I have finnaly got the game and Limited Edition as well. The online runs very smooth and the shooting is very accurate. Overall this game is top class, i can't wait for PSN to come back on so i can redeem the codes.
Del Arte

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Not balance but i really want the game to have suport for custom tracks in PS3 version...
john palmer

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:30 am

Have to say, I also think that all modules were just fine.

About guns. I didnt noticed the was some overpowered one. Only some underpowered like MIKE / KVolt / Light shotgun attachment < I didnt saw anyone with this.
Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:16 pm

I think the X43MIKE is UNDERPOWERED and needs to have the RANGE INCREASED
Jonathan Braz

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:01 am

everything seems to be working fine for me. my biggest thing is that when i shoot/melee out of stealth mode it does zero damage to the enemy and it just doesn't make sense to me. i haven't tried the L-tag yet but the radius does need to be extended i think. it's a tactical explosive it should be big and powerful
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:05 am

Hey Crytek.....

now when i try to use a sniper, it ain't fun no more, is use a shotgun, it ain't fun no more .... u have really overpatched the game ... instead of patching the weapons, fix the game lag ..... it's such a beautiful game with sooo much fun, but when u have such a big big big lag an in very very very rare cases 3 bars .... it's making me sad, i love the game, but the connection is horrible, the sound "overlay" or how u call it hurts my ears on each round when it starts .... please fix the connection problems, so we can enjoy this nice game ... thank u!!
Umpyre Records

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Please put the maximum nanosuit back to normal :( it's near useless now.. :/ and I know what im talking about, I'm first for kills! D:
Sammykins

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:25 pm

*There was a wall of text but i deleted it*

**** you. Don't touch the core playerbase. And make the game Fun instead of "balanced".
des lynam

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:18 pm

PLEASE FIX THE GAUSS RIFLE

at least make it a one shot to the upper chest
El Goose

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:45 pm

OMG im gonna totally spam with the Ltag lawl
Rinceoir

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi, i totally agree that the GAUSS-Rifle should be a 1-shot-kill. The most important thing for me is that the armor-mode should be upgraded. The shelter is now at 33 or 35%, sthg like that and should be at least 50 or 60%. In armor-mode i nearly die as fast as in other modes. So 90% of the players are cloaked and that is getting boring.

I cannot slide with mouse/KB only with controller, others have this problem too, why?

PLEASE do anything against hackers as they destroy the fun immense and everybody gets frustrated. At least make the kickvote more clearly arranged. I do NOT even know how to start a Kickvote, and when its started no one reacts, so there are more with this problem. I cant even open the console (Circumflex is the key? or not? Would be fine if we could adjust this in the menu).

Yes and the bugs, like loosing weapons, attachements, modules, achievements, and the secret dogtags. But i am sure you`re working on it.

Nevertheless great game.
Motionsharp

Previous

Return to Crysis