Multiplayer Balance Changes

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi everyone!

We've been monitoring weapon performance over the last few weeks and have made several balance adjustments. Below you'll find a list of changes that have already been rolled out to both 360 and PS3 and are ready for you to check out right now! The PC will receive these changes in the upcoming patch, due next week.

Weapons:
? AY69: Increased recoil
? DSG1: Reduced fire rate
? Feline: Increased recoil
? Hammer: Reduced recoil
? Jackal: Reduced full auto spread, Increased single shot spread
? Jaw: Reduced damage, Reduced rocket speed
? Kvolt: Increased damage
? LTag: Increased fire rate, Increased damage
? Mk60: Reduced recoil
? Scar: Increased recoil
? Scarab: Increased recoil, Increased spread
? Gauss attachment: Increased clip size, Removed damage falloff
? Light shotgun attachment: Increased clip size, Reduced damage
? Frag grenade: Increased damage
? HMG: Removed crouch accuracy bonus

Modules:
? Air Stomp: Reduced recovery time
? Nano Recharge: Reduced recharge rate
? Detonation Delay: Reduced delay
? Energy Transfer: Reduced tier 3 transfer amount
? Point Fire Enhance: Reduced spread further
? Weapon Pro: Increased reload and ironsight speeds further
? Mobility Enhance: Increased energy costs

Other:
? Nanosuit 2.0: Reduced armour bonus
? Headshot damage modifier reduced

Let us know what you think once you've tried them out! Any further changes you guys could suggest, let us know :)

- gamesas Team
Anthony Rand

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 am

Why are there no changes to the gauss sniper rifle after every other post is about how pathetic it is, everything else seems fine apart from the multiplayer doesn't work as it is so why change weapons instead of gameplay mechanics?. I cant see any difference while im lagging all of the place and the hit detection svcks
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:49 am

Yep put it on last night (after about two weeks rest) str8 after playing COD4 - and i swear the framerate is even worse nowadays (lag too) - didnt notice any change in waepons (hard to tell with LAG)
As to futher changes, FIX this BETA of a game
Rach B

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Theyask say what we think? the game is only a LAGGGG want drawing to receive? sincerely is a disillusion that game never should have bought! so already playing with as..., is LAGGGG Firm Rate BADDDD TO, wen comes the patch does fix this ?????????
Miguel

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 am

Nice one - look forward to trying them out!
Connie Thomas

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:34 am

Well, in the long run... I think this is awesome. If they care enough about the game to patch Weapon Balance... then we can expect "near flawless" gameplay in the end; Meaning that Crytek really does care about this game, regardless of when patches come out... they will come out.

Also, be mindful of Adam's wording... "The PC will receive these changes in the upcoming patch, due next week." He said, "in THE upcoming patch...", not in It's upcoming patch; His words express that this isn't just for PC, but an all around patch for all systems, due next week. I'm not ignorant, lol, and it could also mean that it's a PC only patch, but it's not probable. Let's hope that we will hear some confirmation from Crytek on this speculation. I will gladly admit I'm wrong when the moment arrives, but in the meantime... lets cut the Devs some slack. You know as well I, that they want this game just as Flawless as we do... and in Time... they will deliver. ;)

LOL! Okay... I can admit now, that I was wrong... after looking through the other Forums (With the added evidence of the PC Forum with a confirmed patch for the PC), I no longer believe that we will receive a patch next week for console. Sad but true, but do note what was said before and we will eventually be playing a Flawless (near Flawless) game.

Thanks again Adam.

abi

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:08 pm

There was a whole thread on how the Gauss Rifle is underpowered. Supposedly it does 115 dmg and ignores armour, thus it should be a one hit kill to the upper torso and above but people have noticed (me included) that this isn't the case. The RPM on the Gauss rifle is much slower than the DSG and hence why it should be a one hit kill for those areas. Either fix whatever is causing this problem or up the damage on the Gauss rifle.

The Marshalls RPM needs to be higher, around the 80-90 region. If the first shot doesn't kill them then you are pretty much screwed since they can drop you very quickly by hip spraying like a madman and you can't do anything in between shots.

I'll have to try out the L-Tag again, personally I thought it needed a bigger range on the explosive blast, 1.5m doesn't seem large enough. Also it doesn't give any assists. In fact the assist system doesn't give you assists when you injure an enemy and then they kill you and someone else kills that enemy.
Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:28 pm

The Maximum Nanosuit didn't need a armour reduction. I've been killed so many times when I have it activated, it's not very good with multiple enemies either. You definitely aren't as invincible as you might think. Since it's a 7 killstreak it should be left as it is.
Steve Bates

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:36 pm

WHO THE F*CK CARES IF ONLINE IS CONNECTIONISSUES AND LAGG??

worthless pieces of ****...seriously getting so pissed off.
joeK

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:28 pm

I didn't notice this before but Mobility Enhance and Nano Recharge have been nerfed =/? They didn't need to be nerfed at all. Energy Transfer I can live with being nerfed a little bit but not the other two, especially Mobility Enhance. Since I use the Marshall mostly, it's hard enough to get close to someone in order to kill them, having the Mobility Enhance allows me to get within range without losing a lot of my energy that I can use for armour. That should be left as it is.
Damian Parsons

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:44 pm

oh ok, i get it. so because of all of the obnoxious complaining by people who are awful at this game, we now have changes made to things that DIDN'T NEED TO BE CHANGED.

i had no qualms with any weapons/modules. fixing the hit detection and lag probably should have been your first priority. just saying.

this is a fantastic game, but i swear to christ's eyeballs if these changes f*cked the game even further, this game is going up for sale faster than you can say "craigslist".

really svcks when a game with ridiculous potential gets to sit next to your ps3 system, unplayed, just because the online experience is so inconsistent.
Ray

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:43 pm

I didn't notice this before but Mobility Enhance and Nano Recharge have been nerfed =/? They didn't need to be nerfed at all. Energy Transfer I can live with being nerfed a little bit but not the other two, especially Mobility Enhance. Since I use the Marshall mostly, it's hard enough to get close to someone in order to kill them, having the Mobility Enhance allows me to get within range without losing a lot of my energy that I can use for armour. That should be left as it is.

exactly. it's called mobility ENHANCE for a f*cking reason! the suit energy drain is already WAY too high without it.
-__^

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:02 pm

How about fixing Lag and Hit detection before working on balancing weapons??

PS. I wasn't aware that any one weapon or module was overpowered or overused and I've been playing MP for 25hours.
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:21 am

Thank you Cry-Adam. I actually think the changes will do well to balance the game play out a bit (outside of the Lag of course). Though you could take another look at the Hit Box issues.

Bird

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Modules:
? Nano Recharge: Reduced recharge rate
? Detonation Delay: Reduced delay
? Energy Transfer: Reduced tier 3 transfer amount
? Mobility Enhance: Increased energy costs

Are you trying to stuff this game, there was nothing wrong with these modules they where fine. looking at this i think whats the point of using these modules if you're just going to cancel there effects i mean really energy transfer might as well only goto teir 2 now. this is dumb i love this game but with every change you make to this game it just gets worse and worse, the modules don't need changing people need to learn how to play this game and stop bit*hing about **** that is NOT BROCKEN the hit detection and lag along with stealth kills not working on the run need to be fixed, not breaking the modules i hope you fix this ****. i really want to be playing this for a long time to come but at this rate i don't know if i will be able too.

EDIT I agree with alot of the changes but not the ones listed above.

please keep working hard to make this game great.
hannah sillery

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Hey guys,

I just posted this in the 360 forum and figured i should post it here also:

I don't have any information regarding console patches right now but i can tell you that patches for the 360 and the PS3 are in the works. As previously stated, this is something we could do separately to a patch and of course we wish for you guys to have the best experience as soon as possible so in conjunction with the patch development, we also did these weapon tweaks.

Cheers!
hannah sillery

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Crytek please increase the AoE of airstomp and make it deal the same damage at all ranges... At the moment it is an attack that works only at point blank and doesn't work if you are stealthed or the enemy is in armor mode.

I meant above that it doesn't kill in one shot if the enemy is in armor and full hp thus making you to insta die.
Christine

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Correct. How do they know if the gun isn't performing well or it is the lag causing poor performance. The JAW rocket is already iffy for shooting down gunship and they are going to reduce the damage. They may end up reversing all these tweaks once they fix the lag. This is assuming that they do fix the lag though.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Wait so is this an auto patch or something is adam just saying this is in another patch soon or what i havent been on today so please someone reply if you can.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Wait so is this an auto patch or something is adam just saying this is in another patch soon or what i havent been on today so please someone reply if you can.

this new balances are already in. Because are changes that don't require a patch, probably because it could act on the server side and not on data that we use with the disk. For fixes to problems instead should act with a patch because they can't fix this on the server side too.
Matt Fletcher

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:50 pm

this new balances are already in. Because are changes that don't require a patch, probably because it could act on the server side and not on data that we use with the disk. For fixes to problems instead should act with a patch because they can't fix this on the server side too.[/quo
Alright thanks man i appreciate it i hope it works for some of the standpoint but they need to fix the lag everyone go to my thread for a poll about fixing lag.
Nathan Maughan

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Increased recoil on the SCAR eh? Not sure I like that...
naana

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:06 am

apparently the data to change these things is so small its doesnt need a patch its like a hot fix and can be transferred over the server instead of needed a downloaded install
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:36 am

I am disappointed in the module tweeks. There wasn't anything wrong with them as they were. I worked hard to max the modules that I use and to have them neutered after the fact is disappointing. "If its not broke, don't fix it."

Why not just work on those things that need fixing?
Jonathan Montero

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm

Oh wow... why focus on balancing the game first? you guys should be fixing the bugs first. I've been very patient because I know no game is perfect on release this days, but I'm starting to feel disappointed.

Match making still needs to be fixed, playing with people from other country creates serious lag.
Lobby music gets extremely loud.
Kill Cams need more tweeking.

And some of this changes are unnecessary, like.

Energy Transfer: Reduced tier 3 transfer amount.
Mobility Enhance: Increased energy costs.
No Name

Next

Return to Crysis