NanoWars - How to continue playing C2 Multiplayer!

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:12 am

My efforts to contact H3RK were fruitless... He was on Tunngle but wouldn't respond.
Feel free to contact him yourself - the more people we get to tell him to remove Crysis 3 stuff from NanoWars the better.

What I also suggest is that you log in to Tunngle and go inside the NanoWars room even if you're not playing, and tell those who come to wait with you. Eventually you might get a handful of players. I'm sure plenty of people are checking the player status regularly.

There are few players but they dont play nanowars, they play only C2 co-op mod and C2. But no nanowars. Thats the problem. And the main problem is you cant replace original version with other substitute. So most dedicated players broke their hearts to see C2 MP end. They loved it and some dikeheads ruined their lives. Just read for example alcatraz_rajta post and if you are empathetic you see his dissapointment. So better way how to move on is cut it off and hate this. Thousand of ppl are pissed about this and they wanish like ghosts.
Claudz

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:54 pm

There are few players but they dont play nanowars, they play only C2 co-op mod and C2. But no nanowars. Thats the problem. And the main problem is you cant replace original version with other substitute. So most dedicated players broke their hearts to see C2 MP end. They loved it and some dikeheads ruined their lives. Just read for example alcatraz_rajta post and if you are empathetic you see his dissapointment. So better way how to move on is cut it off and hate this. Thousand of ppl are pissed about this and they wanish like ghosts.

Dedicated players do not say goodbye to this game. Dedicated players let other players know that there is an alternative and guide others towards it.
If you're dedicated to something you don't give up just like that. The idea was to get enough manpower to convince H3RK to release an original version of C2 MP (which I'm assuming NanoWars was before the recent patch) but apparently you didn't like Crysis 2 enough to stay and rebuild the community.

H3RK is hosting the server like all day long even though nobody's playing.
That's dedication.
Obviously he's not gonna do much changes to his stuff for a single player that comes like once a week.

Imagine if everybody who signed some gay petitions would actually download NanoWars and say that they will keep playing once C3 stuff is removed.
Add Me

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:57 am

UPDATE: So I got a friend to come to the Tunngle room with me and after like 10 mins we got 2 peeps who stayed for an hour. Another one joined afterwards after the other two were gone.

And only 1 out of the 3 accused me of hacking which isn't bad.

Anyways, I will try to be on Tunngle when I can - it's apparent that being present attracts other players.

Hope you decide to join the fun!
Taylor Thompson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:44 am

Just to clear things out, i am not disappointed or mad at NanoWars, HERK did a great thing for trying to bring up the game. However, I am disappointed at EA for not doing anything, i just moved on and "forgot" about Crysis 2. Its over and theres nothing i can do about it. Some people, people like HERK, can try tkeep it alive, but it wont be the real deal. Im just saying, keep trying to keep the game alive if you want, but you are going to do it without me.
djimi

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:21 am

bump
michael danso

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:40 am

Hi guys,

I downloaded Nanowars and it works pretty good. I'm very impressed!
But is it legal to use and share via Bittorrent? I would like to do some Youtube Recordings with and in case everything is allowed by Crytek or whoever has the rights on this stuff I would like to gather some people of the Crysis community to do some sessions..

Cheers
laokoon
Maddy Paul

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Wow, you gotta be the biggest slowpoke of the year. If even a single player was online playing this within the last month I'd be greatly impressed.

As for legality, if it was illegal and if Crytek gave a shit it would've been down already. My guess is that it is legal as it's free, again, nobody gives a shit.

I've given up on this trash a long time ago cuz the loudest of the devs behind it doesn't want to give Crysis 2 fans what they want, continuing to put uselless garbage into it like some stupid shaders. Not to mention the fact that a vast majority complained about Crysis 3 elements in NanoWars and they didn't remove that.
Dezzeh

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:16 am

Well you know reviving Crysis 2 isn't easy indeed. While I got most of the server login stuff seems like it uses a modified GameSpy 3 protocol and I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Either that, or i'm doing something wrong.
Marcus Jordan

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:41 am

Well you know reviving Crysis 2 isn't easy indeed. While I got most of the server login stuff seems like it uses a modified GameSpy 3 protocol and I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Either that, or i'm doing something wrong.

Are you a NanoWars dev or are you working on your own solution?
The key to bringing Crysis 2 back to life is to give the players what they want, and that is Crysis 2, not some modified crap, that is in fact, just a playground for the developers/designers/modders/whoever. If you fail do to that, all your other efforts are futile.

I've seen a room on Tunngle called Crysis 2, which supposedly allows you to play online using the old multiplayer beta (I think). Figuring that out (which version of the game is used there) was a bich, because of all the players who were there (7 at the time) none was too eager to tell me how to join them... (What did I expect from Crysis community?) I tried downloading that MP beta, but the glorious russian installer would fail to do anything at all.

Either way, have you tried contacting anybody from GameSpy? I know it may be hard now, but surely someone from there can still be reached. I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving you advice now that they're out of business.
Fiori Pra

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Are you a NanoWars dev or are you working on your own solution?
The key to bringing Crysis 2 back to life is to give the players what they want, and that is Crysis 2, not some modified crap, that is in fact, just a playground for the developers/designers/modders/whoever. If you fail do to that, all your other efforts are futile.

I've seen a room on Tunngle called Crysis 2, which supposedly allows you to play online using the old multiplayer beta (I think). Figuring that out (which version of the game is used there) was a bich, because of all the players who were there (7 at the time) none was too eager to tell me how to join them... (What did I expect from Crysis community?) I tried downloading that MP beta, but the glorious russian installer would fail to do anything at all.

Either way, have you tried contacting anybody from GameSpy? I know it may be hard now, but surely someone from there can still be reached. I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving you advice now that they're out of business.

I'm working on my own, while I got some stuff done, there's some stuff that's not working correctly. For example, I've been looking on the GameSpy v3 protocol which is the one that Crysis 2 uses because it seems like some stuff doesn't work exactly like other games do. (For example, Battlefield 2.)

I played NanoWars, it was fun but there's no players and Crysis 3 stuff is meh. I'm working on redirecting the old GameSpy servers instead using latest client version.

If I correctly remember how the game used to work, being able to log-in and save players data can already let people play though private servers while the Server Browser is being coded.
Rudi Carter

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:05 am

I'm working on redirecting the old GameSpy servers instead using latest client version.

If I correctly remember how the game used to work, being able to log-in and save players data can already let people play though private servers while the Server Browser is being coded.

Good luck with that then.

I'm still pissed at EA's rensponse, or should I say, the lack of it. Supposedly they had petitions with 2-3 thousand signatures shown to them and they didn't even say sorry. Makes me wonder if that shit is even legal. I mean the price of Crysis games doesn't seem to have been reduced, while they had been stripped off their best part. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to read all the terms and conditions, lol. Perhaps they buried that part under a load of other legal shit nobody's gonna sift through? What a save. However, their reaction suggests that it's wrong and they think they can get away with it by keeping it quiet.
That seems just like a landlord smashing windows in the house you're renting from him just because in the contract it didn't say anything about the windows being in one piece...
Jesus Duran

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Guys trying to keep Crysis (2) alive have my highest respect. If needed, i would be able to fetch up 10+ players active all day. But what possibilities are there? Like we don't really like the nanowars style. Is there a possibility to just Host crysis 2 itself again?
Keeley Stevens

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Guys trying to keep Crysis (2) alive have my highest respect. If needed, i would be able to fetch up 10+ players active all day. But what possibilities are there? Like we don't really like the nanowars style. Is there a possibility to just Host crysis 2 itself again?

Well, that's what Dimbreath said he's working on.
michael flanigan

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:12 am

It is possible, but like I said, it's not easy. If I knew how Gamespy worked before shut down it would be been easier, but I didn't think of this back then.
Len swann

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:36 pm

It is possible, but like I said, it's not easy. If I knew how Gamespy worked before shut down it would be been easier, but I didn't think of this back then.

You could contact NanoWars team for help. I know the chances that you get help are low, but you've got nothing to lose. They are working on something that will allow playing without Tunngle, and have already released a client that allowed that, supposedly (I wasn't there during the tests so I don't know if it really works).
Hannah Barnard

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:13 am

Okay perfect! Write here if you have success. I will livestream it with you Logo in our official twitch clan Stream When we will be Able to play
Invasion's

Previous

Return to Crysis