NanoWars - How to continue playing C2 Multiplayer!

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:55 am

NanoWars is a free, modded version of Crysis 2 multiplayer. However, it seems that the creator took inspiration from Crysis 3 mp (sprinting doesn't drain suit energy, ability to mix suit modules, bow, muzzle brakes etc), which seemed to piss a few people off.

I think this mod came out a few months ago when Crysis 2 mp was still active, and NanoWars' servers were empty since then, yet the game is still in development.

Those who played it and hated it have to understand that this is merely a test version. If we can get people to play this things can be changed, so that NanoWars will be EXACTLY like original Crysis 2 mp (just with new maps).

I saw some petition to resume C2 mp (I think there were few) and it had over 600 signatures, yet not many bothered to download this mod...

So I say check this out and give it a chance. There is yet a lot of work to do with this mod and it's up to the Crysis 2 community to rebuild the multiplayer.

Main features:
- New weapons
- New maps (including DLC)
- Crysis 3 weapon attachments
- Ability to mix suit modules like in Crysis 3
- More interaction with the world (opening doors, kicking objects, breaking objects)
- Ability to make your own ranked match in a matter of seconds with all available options to choose from (health regeneration, HUD, respawn delay and more)

Media:

Modded Lighthouse map (original one is available too) & new Angry Bull shotgun

CS Italy map & AK47

Weapons cache (there are plenty)

Hargreave's crib map

Ship map

Short barehanded fight video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu7BBLPEqs4&feature=youtu.be
(can't get this fvckness to work as a video)

Official website - http://nanowars.wix.com/beta

Tutorial on how to get this running using Tunngle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loEcPHGGtRA
(not my video)

NOTE! You must download and extract the main files, then download the pre-alpha patch, extract it, copy contents to the main extracted files and replace with the patch files. I've actually seen people incapable of doing this.

Please cast your vote on the poll above to give others an idea of how many people are interested in this.
Rob Smith

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:13 am

Bump'd for ya,.
Brandon Wilson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:36 pm

The best way to get this running is if you download this and get a friend to do the same. You can also use this topic to tell others when you'll be playing.

BTW - Don't use the NanoWars website to see how many players are on the servers cuz it's bugged. Use Tunngle instead.
zoe

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:09 am

UPDATE: I'm seeing people on Tunngle much often now. I just returned from a 6 player match. It's a great success!

Quit wondering if it's worthwhile to download this and get playing already. I can guarantee you'll find somebody to play with - just check Tunngle regularly.

That's how rebuilding the multiplayer looks like!
maddison

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 am

That's good news if more people are playing Nanowars. Sometimes it takes take time to build up a new community of players. Word of mouth goes a long way. Posting here often about upcoming matches and inviting them to join will help notify and inspire people that they can still play Crysis2 Multiplayer through the use of the Nanowars mod.

I wonder what ever happened to Qiplayer. He was the most vocal and passionate about continuing to play Crysis2 and Nanowars, but he seems to have completely disappeared from the scene.
rae.x

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:45 pm

I for one would be very happy if nanowars C2 multiplayer could get more people on. I been playing C3 multiplayer for the past month and I still would rather go back to playing C2. I miss C2 a lot, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

One way to get more people interested enough is to have some videos posted of the matches you play. I checked on youtube and there are sadly only a handful of nanowar videos. One of the best ways to convince people to try nanowars is to post some videos of the gameplay. A video is worth a thousand words.

Nanowars needs more exposure and regularly posting some great videos is one of the more effective ways to let people know what nanowars has to offer.
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:02 pm

I for one would be very happy if nanowars C2 multiplayer could get more people on. I been playing C3 multiplayer for the past month and I still would rather go back to playing C2. I miss C2 a lot, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

One way to get more people interested enough is to have some videos posted of the matches you play. I checked on youtube and there are sadly only a handful of nanowar videos. One of the best ways to convince people to try nanowars is to post some videos of the gameplay. A video is worth a thousand words.

Nanowars needs more exposure and regularly posting some great videos is one of the more effective ways to let people know what nanowars has to offer.

Thought about that yesterday... unfortunately I'm leaving in a few hours for almost 2 weeks and I won't be able to use my computer. You can post your own stuff if you played it with anybody. You can find people playing mostly around 15-17 GMT 0.
Ann Church

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:54 am

Downloaded game ok. I created my own game but instead of my nickname showing, it has my real name which I assume it got from my PC.
How to change?
Also I am getting lots of flickering graphics.
Mouse sensitivity is way over the top too :(.
BrEezy Baby

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Downloaded game ok. I created my own game but instead of my nickname showing, it has my real name which I assume it got from my PC.
How to change?

You need to change the name of your PC if you want a custom name in NanoWars, and as far as the flickering, that can be due to GPU drivers or something else. And as for the mouse sensitivity, try editing some numbers in the system.cfg.
Etta Hargrave

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:43 am

How to change?

You need to change the name of your PC if you want a custom name in NanoWars, and as far as the flickering, that can be due to GPU drivers or something else. And as for the mouse sensitivity, try editing some numbers in the system.cfg.

Changed my pc name, it still used my real name :(

havent had the time to try it again :(
Jessica Thomson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:43 am

Also, I have 7.1 headphones but the sound comes out mono in the right pod only :(
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:14 pm

I think there's a way to do it, there's a tutorial on NanoWars site.
stevie critchley

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:46 pm

How to change?

Yeah, not going to be mucking around with drivers. Did enough of that when C2 started. Only 1 set of drivers I installed would actually work with the game.
I will try disabling 1 of the cards and see what happens as the flickering was related to xfire and SLi originally.
Darren

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:48 pm

How to change?

Yeah, not going to be mucking around with drivers. Did enough of that when C2 started. Only 1 set of drivers I installed would actually work with the game.
I will try disabling 1 of the cards and see what happens as the flickering was related to xfire and SLi originally.

Screen flickering may as well be an SLI issue after all. When I had 2 Nvidia GPUs connected with an SLI bridge some of the games I tried playing made my screen flicker with green.
chinadoll

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Changed my pc name, it still used my real name :(

havent had the time to try it again :(

Did you follow these instructions? -> http://nanowars.wix.com/beta#!namechange/cj4h
Also, I have 7.1 headphones but the sound comes out mono in the right pod only :(

The sound is bugged and sometimes it comes out of one of the speakers.
Celestine Stardust

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:49 pm

So, I disabled xfire and the flickering is no longer there and the sound worked fine.

Problem now is there are no players :(
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:44 am

Yep, gathering enough people to coordinate to play together is the tricky thing.
mimi_lys

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:36 am

Back in the day there was a patch that allowed you to play C2 mp for free with any serial key but it worked only from 5pm to 9pm GMT 0 (I think).

So how about everyone comes to play NanoWars at those hours...? It seems like the best time for most timezones and a great start of getting players together.
Mandy Muir

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Guys are you fvcking kidding me? Where the fvck is rest of the players? I played C2 via tunggle many weeks ago with only few players (two max three). Every day I check it if this some ppl for serveral hours in different day time and fvcking nobody playing. Just empty. Well onestly I didnt wonder because of so many fvcking bugs is till better play C3 than this garbage.

There are plenty of weapons thats good. New maps like williamsburg etc. But who the fvck have that fvcking idea to bring here bow. This ruin game like C3. Every noob use it and camping all the time.

Graphic is worse than original and its more demanding on harware. Why they must change so many things like armor plating when you activating its different than original. Sound its tragedy, sometimes when I fire I hear scar only from one side. Running is buggy same as you use k-volt so you are stuck for some time. So you must press shift several time to get back to running.

I dont hope this will somebody take into perfection, it takes eternity to clear and fix all bugs. Better solution will be just grab the original version and make it run via tunggle thats all. And just add some content. Not fvcked up all of it and claim this for full and dignify game MP.
dean Cutler

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Guys are you fvcking kidding me? Where the fvck is rest of the players? I played C2 via tunggle many weeks ago with only few players (two max three). Every day I check it if this some ppl for serveral hours in different day time and fvcking nobody playing. Just empty. Well onestly I didnt wonder because of so many fvcking bugs is till better play C3 than this garbage.

There are plenty of weapons thats good. New maps like williamsburg etc. But who the fvck have that fvcking idea to bring here bow. This ruin game like C3. Every noob use it and camping all the time.

Graphic is worse than original and its more demanding on harware. Why they must change so many things like armor plating when you activating its different than original. Sound its tragedy, sometimes when I fire I hear scar only from one side. Running is buggy same as you use k-volt so you are stuck for some time. So you must press shift several time to get back to running.

I dont hope this will somebody take into perfection, it takes eternity to clear and fix all bugs. Better solution will be just grab the original version and make it run via tunggle thats all. And just add some content. Not fvcked up all of it and claim this for full and dignify game MP.

I'm assuming that you do realize that the game is technically still in development. Would you however want to work on it when nobody was playing it?
I've seen a post on Tunngle forum about NanoWars dating back to April 2013.
A patch came out a few months ago, and I think it features the Crysis 3 stuff.

The bow however is very fvcked up here, because for some reason it changes to your secondary weapon after shooting, which means you have to select bow both as your primary and secondary weapons. And the bow isn't very great in close combat and for when somebody jumps out of the corner.
The sight is also retarded and inaccurate.

I also noticed the higher hardware demand. My rig is 5 years old and barely ran original C2 (but it worked fine back in 2011) but NanoWars is fvcking killing it.
I'm assuming it's caused by the SweetFX, which is meant to provide better shading and particle effects or something. I think there is a small difference in some areas but it pixelates the whole screen, which svcks. It has to go away.

As for any other differences I already said that it's possible that we convince the guy responsible for this (H3RK) if we get enough players.

As for the players I'm also surprised. During holidays you'd almost always see at least 3-4 peeps on Tunngle, now nobody is playing. Never. WTF happened?

I encourage everyone to play this even though I can't cuz of the fvcking bullshit that makes this game run so badly for me. And it would be a great help if somebody was online most of the time (we're not the only ones to check Tunngle and see no players).

I can't believe the Crysis community fvcked up so hard - this was developed a very long time ago, and with GameSpy closing down it seemed like a light at the end of the tunnel.
And there are several patches that allow you to play Crysis 1.
There are several to no players on both games.

What the fvck guys...
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:33 am

I'm assuming that you do realize that the game is technically still in development. Would you however want to work on it when nobody was playing it?
I've seen a post on Tunngle forum about NanoWars dating back to April 2013.
A patch came out a few months ago, and I think it features the Crysis 3 stuff.

The bow however is very fvcked up here, because for some reason it changes to your secondary weapon after shooting, which means you have to select bow both as your primary and secondary weapons. And the bow isn't very great in close combat and for when somebody jumps out of the corner.
The sight is also retarded and inaccurate.

I also noticed the higher hardware demand. My rig is 5 years old and barely ran original C2 (but it worked fine back in 2011) but NanoWars is fvcking killing it.
I'm assuming it's caused by the SweetFX, which is meant to provide better shading and particle effects or something. I think there is a small difference in some areas but it pixelates the whole screen, which svcks. It has to go away.

As for any other differences I already said that it's possible that we convince the guy responsible for this (H3RK) to remove all the bullshit if we get enough players.

As for the players I'm also surprised. During holidays you'd almost always see at least 3-4 peeps on Tunngle, now nobody is playing. Never. WTF happened?

I encourage everyone to play this even though I can't cuz of the fvcking bullshit that makes this game run so badly for me. And it would be a great help if somebody was online most of the time (we're not the only ones to check Tunngle and see no players).

I can't believe the Crysis community fvcked up so hard - this was developed a very long time ago, and with GameSpy closing down it seemed like a light at the end of the tunnel.
And there are several patches that allow you to play Crysis 1.
There are several to no players on both games.

What the fvck guys...

PS - Don't see any problems with running. Better check your keyboard...
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:52 am

No offense guys, but ive moved on. I forgot about Crysis, i tried playing it but its killing me when i see the original game is gone. Its been a good run, and as much as i didnt want to let it go, i had to...
Tina Tupou

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:02 pm

No offense guys, but ive moved on. I forgot about Crysis, i tried playing it but its killing me when i see the original game is gone. Its been a good run, and as much as i didnt want to let it go, i had to...

yea yea we all must do. So fvcking shame. Nanowars is no dignify full substitute and never will be. So many fvcking good time spent in this game and now its where? In shit of history. Because of fvcking EA they shut down servers and bye thats all. And their fvcking excuses are ridiculous. C2 MP was the best MP ever. And they just ruined it.
Sophie Payne

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:44 am

I downloaded Nanowars long ago, but also haven't seen many people playing.

I think what has happened is that people who miss C2 and wanted to play C2 MP got disappointed with Nanowars because it incorporates some elements of C3 into it. I can understand that. If we wanted C3, we would just buy C3 and play that. Most simply just wanted a way to continue playing C2, just as it was, with no C3 stuff in it.

I think it was a mistake to include C3 weapons, etc, into the C2 beta which became Nanowars. The extra maps are great, everyone loves those, but it's the attempt to make the gameplay more like C3 that is probably the sticking point with a lot of die-hard C2 fans.

Also as has been mentioned, there has not been a lot of visibility for Nanowars, which probably accounts for some of the low player count too. This game could have been promoted a bit more aggressively, such as regular videos and discussion, but it wasn't.

The modder, Herk, is to be commended for his effort, but it would have been great if he himself could have joined in on the discussions to get feedback and interaction with the fans and players. It would have helped build a sense of community and could have provided some valuable input on what should have been included and what should have been avoided in this game. I think that would have inspired a lot more enthusiasm and with it, the number of players.
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:00 am

My efforts to contact H3RK were fruitless... He was on Tunngle but wouldn't respond.
Feel free to contact him yourself - the more people we get to tell him to remove Crysis 3 stuff from NanoWars the better.

What I also suggest is that you log in to Tunngle and go inside the NanoWars room even if you're not playing, and tell those who come to wait with you. Eventually you might get a handful of players. I'm sure plenty of people are checking the player status regularly.
Marguerite Dabrin

Next

Return to Crysis