A new Modder

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 am

We could do with the error message given by the compiler.

I assume that's a fragment and not the whole script?
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Ofcourse here is the error message; It is also the only part of the script. Its basicly just to make the quest line move on upon the death of Hroth (bandit)

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\MFQuestHrothScript.psc(6,21): none is not a known user-defined type
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\MFQuestQuest.psc(3,15): cannot name a variable or property the same as a known type or script
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\MFQuestHrothScript.psc(7,13): SetStage is not a function or does not exist
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\MFQuestHrothScript.psc(7,13): cannot call the member function SetStage alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
No output generated for MFQuestHrothScript, compilation failed.
Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on MFQuestHrothScript
Chris Jones

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:57 pm

OK, you seem to be referring to the quest by the script name. That doesn't work.

What you need to do is
  • declare a property of type quest (don't call it MFQuestQuest!)
  • set it in the CK to point at MFQuestQuest
  • and use that property to call SetStage and SetObjectiveDisplayed
That should sort you out.
Oceavision

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 am

Is that your whole script? If yes, then you have forgotten to declare the MFQuestQuest property

Just put the following in your script somewhere after the script (I personally prefer declaring them before the events, but I've also seen them at the end):

Quest Property MFQuestQuest  Auto

Then after the code compiles after you save it, close the papyrus window and click on the properties button and then link your property to the actual quest

At the same time tho, this line is bugging me:

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\MFQuestQuest.psc(3,15): cannot name a variable or property the same as a known type or script"

If i read it right, that could mean that you in fact have defined a property in line 3 of your script, and that you are trying to name it with the same name that is already being used by a script somewhere? What could fix that is to just define and use in your script a quest property of a different name, "MyQuest" for example. Then just link it to your quest through the properties button as previously mentioned

Hope that helps

- Hypno

EDIT: Ninja'd lol
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks to the both of you. Seems I you were right and i refered it to the Quest itself and not the property. Thanks a lot.
WYatt REed

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Just finished my first quest. Feeling pretty happy about it haha.
Jynx Anthropic

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim