Nuka-Cola Quantum

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:07 am

More like dozens....but I tended to stockpile them and just carry a couple for raider initiations. :nuke: I never was big on explosives, I preferred the Lincoln Repeater, Metal Blaster, and the Xualung. I also liked to put on the CSS and take Jingwei's sword and do the Angel of Death thing now and then.

I loved the MIRV...the problem is there are only so many things in the Capital Wasteland worthy of being shot by it. I used it to take out the Behemoth at Evergreen Mills (and 90% of the raiders) from the cliffs above......even that was a ridiculous amount of overkill but it was always amusing. Weapons like that which do over the top amounts of damage are fun....but if the devs don't limit how often you can use it self-control is required lest they take the fun out of the game.

I'm with you on having that sort of power because it is pretty fun being able to wipe the floor with opponents. It just gets a little old when you do it too often... At least for me.

Ok :cookie:

Sorry, I'm on an all cheesecake diet... Oh I love cheesecake. Do you have any?

I dont see why they got mad at my idea

I don't think anybody has a reason to be angry at all. It just wouldn't make much sense to have it in the game is all. I can understand missing some things from Fallout 3 ( Perferator ) but there really wouldn't be much of a reason for including it and Obsidian from what I understand is really big on continuity.

Sorry falcon that makes no sense. The experimental MIRV was the most powerful weapon in the game, even more powerful than the alien blaster. And at least the developers didnt nerf the Nuka-Grenade in FO3 like theyre doing with every weapon in the FONV patches :P.

What doesn't make sense? That I don't think it was a good weapon? There's no doubt that it was incredibly powerful but it was too powerful for it's own good. It had no place in the game in my opinion because of this.
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Hey you can get the wasteland survival guide[made in D.C.] and I know that was just because they needed a skill book for survival.I'm the type of guy who finds cool crap then takes it and puts it on display in my house.I collect nuka-cola,weapons,skill books,skill magazines,and even blood.I have a bunch of centaur and night stalker blood displayed in my house.

No one would do this in real life, What person would carry drinks all the way to a desert and across the world and NOT drink it?

The reason the Wasteland Guide is in Vegas (as you stated) is because it has information and is not a needed resource..
Oceavision

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:48 pm

The reason the Wasteland Guide is in Vegas (as you stated) is because it has information and is not a needed resource..

And probably isn't that tasty.
Jordan Moreno

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:13 pm

Because it's impossible and you were arguing and we like to argue. I liked quantum too but it's a fo3 thing, maybe it'll be in fo4 since it'll be in the commonwealth. (I know it will)

I didnt want to seem like I was complaining or being stubborn I just wanted to say it wasnt impossible and yes I also hope Fallout 4 is in the commonwealth.I want to know what the institute is.:)
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm

No one would do this in real life, What person would carry drinks all the way to a desert and across the world and NOT drink it?

Thats true,but it would be easy to walk across the desert without drinking anything,just turn hardcoe mode off. :)
Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 pm

I didnt want to seem like I was complaining or being stubborn I just wanted to say it wasnt impossible and yes I also hope Fallout 4 is in the commonwealth.I want to know what the institute is.:)

No you are right its not impossible but very, very unlikely and to me it sounds like an Idea to bring something from FO3 into New Vegas, that logically should not be. I don't hate Quantum, personally I don't like Victory or Quartz they seem added to take Quantums place and I can't help but ask why?
Rob

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Thats true,but it would be easy to walk across the desert without drinking anything,just turn hardcoe mode off. :)

That was a good one, I'll give you that.
Epul Kedah

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:01 am

No you are right its not impossible but very, very unlikely and to me it sounds like an Idea to bring something from FO3 into New Vegas, that logically should not be. I don't hate Quantum, personally I don't like Victory or Quartz they seem added to take Quantums place and I can't help but ask why?

I agree,and really the only reason I like victory is because it glows orange and quartz for its effects.
Kelly Upshall

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:24 am

Wait a minute, there's a Nuke Cola Victory and a Nuke Cola Quartz in New Vegas?
Nick Tyler

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:33 am

Really it's not likely that quantum would be anywhere else also I doubt that anyone really would be able to bring it anywhere outside of D.C. because it would be hard to leave or enter because the large amount of stupid super mutants and death claws and the main reason I miss it is because it had a cool name and looked cool displayed in my house.
Ashley Tamen

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:15 am

Yes.
Brooke Turner

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:00 am

Take a look at the Vault.. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-Cola_Quantum was going to be added to New Vegas but was cut.

Would be funny to see what looks like a Quantum but when you get closer its just a Victory on top of a blue light.
asako

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Either I haven't been paying much attention, or New Vegas' fascinating selection of soft drinks has been so mind blowing that I simply could not retain the awesomeness of their existence.
Verity Hurding

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Take a look at the Vault.. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-Cola_Quantum was going to be added to New Vegas but was cut.

Would be funny to see what looks like a Quantum but when you get closer its just a Victory on top of a blue light.

Thats awsome it says you can still get it from console commands.To bad I play on PS3.
gemma

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:01 am

Either I haven't been paying much attention, or New Vegas' fascinating selection of soft drinks has been so mind blowing that I simply could not retain the awesomeness of their existence.

lol.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:46 am

I don't know if Quantum was on Fallout 1 and 2 but I really liked it in Fallout 3,and though Quartz and Victory is pretty cool I still like Quantum the best.Anyone else feel the same?

Nope, Quantum wasn't in Fallout or Fallout 2. Like Super Mutant Behemoths, it was something Bethesda concocted.

There is no reasoning with this guy, just abandon the thread.

:thumbsup:

I dont see why they got mad at my idea

It wasn't the idea- it was the steadfast, unshakeable insistence in the face of all evidence to the contrary that oh yes, somebody would indeed cart the Quantum formula across the entire nation for no apparent reason just so you could get your Petrovita-esque fix... :D
Kevan Olson

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:37 am

It wasn't the idea- it was the steadfast, unshakeable insistence in the face of all evidence to the contrary that oh yes, somebody would indeed cart the Quantum formula across the entire nation for no apparent reason just so you could get your Petrovita-esque fix... :D

I just wanted to state that it was possible and I never even drank it in Fallout 3 I just put it in my house because it looked cool and had a cool name.
Ben sutton

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:44 am

Yes, but since they cannot be fashioned into utterly devastating weapons that blow thier targets into tiny pieces then set those pieces on fire....resulting in a aesthetically pleasing rain of flaming body parts....they aren't important.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:15 am

Yes, but since they cannot be fashioned into utterly devastating weapons that blow thier targets into tiny pieces then set those pieces on fire....resulting in a aesthetically pleasing rain of flaming body parts....they aren't important.

Doesn't Quartz give you Cateye and +4 DT on top of the healing factor?
Latino HeaT

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:39 am

Doesn't Quartz give you Cateye and +4 DT on top of the healing factor?

Only if you could blow people up with it then it would be perfect.Never used the nuka grenade.to powerful
courtnay

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:45 am

Hey you can get the wasteland survival guide[made in D.C.] and I know that was just because they needed a skill book for survival.I'm the type of guy who finds cool crap then takes it and puts it on display in my house.I collect nuka-cola,weapons,skill books,skill magazines,and even blood.I have a bunch of centaur and night stalker blood displayed in my house.

I didnt mean to offend anyone and I know its not likely but I just really liked quantum.

Step 1: Get a PC copy of the game (If necessary)
Step 2: Get the GECK
Step 3: Mod it in yourself
Step 4: ???
Step 5: This joke is old...
Emerald Dreams

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Would have been nice if the drinks were addictive and did not heal so much.

BTW: Mayor of Springfield (Cut from Tactics) Chris Avellone avatar :D. Been sometime since I have seen that.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:59 am

Step 1: Get a PC copy of the game (If necessary)
Step 2: Get the GECK
Step 3: Mod it in yourself
Step 4: ???
Step 5: This joke is old...

I looked on the vault and it said they were going to put it in the game but didnt,if you have it for pc then you can get it through console commands.
Avril Louise

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:25 am

I looked on the vault and it said they were going to put it in the game but didnt,if you have it for pc then you can get it through console commands.

and you're Playstation right? that svcks. There are no console commands for PS3?
xxLindsAffec

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:24 am

Would have been nice if the drinks were addictive and did not heal so much.

BTW: Mayor of Springfield (Cut from Tactics) Chris Avellone avatar :D. Been sometime since I have seen that.

Yeah,that would be cool.
YO MAma

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas