Nuka-Cola Quantum

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:09 pm

I don't know if Quantum was on Fallout 1 and 2 but I really liked it in Fallout 3,and though Quartz and Victory is pretty cool I still like Quantum the best.Anyone else feel the same?
Queen Bitch

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:58 am

Didn't see a point to it. Nuka-Cola was fine for me.

The colors were cool I have to admit. :tops:
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:55 pm

Quantum was just finished right before the bombs dropped.
It barely made any delivery before the world ended.
So no, there's no way for quantum to be in West Coast.
Maybe if someone got the Nuka Cola factory to start working again by FO4.
But for Vegas, nope.
Won't happen.
Only reason they made Victory and Quartz was probably to have some form of equivalent of Quantum in Vegas.
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:08 am

Quantum was just finished right before the bombs dropped.
It barely made any delivery before the world ended.
So no, there's no way for quantum to be in West Coast.
Maybe if someone got the Nuka Cola factory to start working again by FO4.
But for Vegas, nope.
Won't happen.
Only reason they made Victory and Quartz was probably to have some form of equivalent of Quantum in Vegas.

I actually thought about that and one thing I would like to see is a DLC where you find the Quantum recipe so you can make it yourself.
Penny Flame

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:06 pm

I actually thought about that and one thing I would like to see is a DLC where you find the Quantum recipe so you can make it yourself.

Won't happen.
We can't travel across an entire continent just to bring Quantum into the game.
jesse villaneda

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Why? Its been said its a test drink for the DC area it should not be in New Vegas. Besides there are the two new ones in Vegas isn't that enought? I am not glad its gone but I don't miss it.
Katie Pollard

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Yah I miss quantum, and I don't get it. Why did they add victory and quartz, i think they should have made something that was actually known in FO3 because as far as I know ive never heard of either of them. Unless if for some reason those two were only made in the west coast. But yah it really doesn't connect for me. :teehee:
Marion Geneste

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 pm

But yah it really doesn't connect for me. :teehee:

Actually, prior to FO3 I think the only flavors were standard, yellow, fusion and cherry.
Nathan Maughan

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Nuka Cola Quantum was still in the testing stage and only was distributed to the DC area for that reason. You won't find it in New Vegas for that reason, which is why it isn't in the game.
Aman Bhattal

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:42 am

you didnt have to go all the way across the continent to get it theres no reason a copy of the recipe couldnt be e mailed from the east to west before the war if they decided to mass produce it and even if not theirs a multitude of ways it could have gone west,and Styles I didnt say I didnt like Quartz and Victory I just like Quantum better.
Matthew Warren

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:08 pm

you didnt have to go all the way across the continent to get it theres no reason a copy of the recipe couldnt be e mailed from the east to west before the war if they decided to mass produce it and even if not theirs a multitude of ways it could have gone west,and Styles I didnt say I didnt like Quartz and Victory I just like Quantum better.

It would just be out of place. Why find a formula for a drink no one in Vegas has even heard of or tasted? Why not for sunset or one of the nuka colas?? Or better yet none at all?
carley moss

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:19 am

I'm just saying that because the recipe was only in the trial stages, it wouldn't have made it to New Vegas. The current formulas even fill the same role (if not more specialized) aside from the lack of ability to create the obscenely powerful Nuka Cola Grenade which I'm glad they didn't add into the game.
Riky Carrasco

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:46 am

It would just be out of place. Why find a formula for a drink no one in Vegas has even heard of or tasted? Why not for sunset or one of the nuka colas?? Or better yet none at all?

How would it be out of place?It's a [censored]ing soft drink.It wouldnt matter if no one in Vegas has had it I suggested that you could find it in a DLC.That means somewhere outside of Vegas.
Life long Observer

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:57 am

Outside Vegas =/= Across the States

Um, No.
danni Marchant

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:39 am

Actually, prior to FO3 I think the only flavors were standard, yellow, fusion and cherry.

Oh yah I think I remember that lol, but I still dont know how those adapted into Victory and Quartz if that was what they were going for.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:21 am

Wheres the "I don't care" option?
Pete Schmitzer

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:11 pm

How would it be out of place?It's a [censored]ing soft drink.It wouldnt matter if no one in Vegas has had it I suggested that you could find it in a DLC.That means somewhere outside of Vegas.

Who would give you a quest to find a soft drink that was only in testing 2000 plus miles away in DC? Why would are character care about some formula found on a computer? Why would anyone care? Chances are along with that formula would be a report about all the bad crap that came along with testing which would make anyone ask "ok why would anyone drink this?." Even if you did find it how would you sell it? Who would buy it? Why buy it when you have four other soft drinks around? It would just be a pointless quest. How would you make it, you have radioactive barium isotopes laying around? It just does not fit.
Helen Quill

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Who would give you a quest to find a soft drink that was only in testing 2000 plus miles away in DC? Why would are character care about some formula found on a computer? Why would anyone care? Chances are along with that formula would be a report about all the bad crap that came along with testing which would make anyone say "ok why would anyone drink this?." Even if you did find it how would you sell it? Who would buy it? Why buy it when you have four other soft drinks around? It would just be a pointless quest. How would you make it, you have radioactive barium isotopes laying around? It just does not fit.

I didnt say a quest to find it that would be stupid.I said you could find it,as in optional,like schematics in the main game,and if you played Fallout 3 you saw that crazy Nuka-Cola chick in Girdershade apparently that stuff is highly addictive.I mean come on if people can sell and would buy drugs why wouldnt they buy a special type of Nuka-Cola they have never tried?Also regular nuka-cola was bad for you that stuff gave you radiation before the war,it wasnt the nuclear war that irradiated it.
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Quantum was exclusive to D.C. and ONLY D.C.

So it's impossible.
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:26 pm

I didnt say a quest to find it that would be stupid.I said you could find it,as in optional,like schematics in the main game,and if you played Fallout 3 you saw that crazy Nuka-Cola chick in Girdershade apparently that stuff is highly addictive.I mean come on if people can sell and would buy drugs why wouldnt they buy a special type of Nuka-Cola they have never tried?Also regular nuka-cola was bad for you that stuff gave you radiation before the war,it wasnt the nuclear war that irradiated it.

Where did you get that it was radioactive before the war? Only Quatum is radioactive. Also how would you sell it? How would you make it? Why would you care about it if you came across it on a computer screen?
Andrea P

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:41 am

Quantum was exclusive to D.C. and ONLY D.C.

So it's impossible.

Maybe some guy came to D.C. before the war bought a six pack of quantum and went back home with it and you could find some in the fridge of his destroyed house I doubt they had check points to make sure you arent bringing any out of state.
Sista Sila

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:30 am

I'm just saying that because the recipe was only in the trial stages, it wouldn't have made it to New Vegas. The current formulas even fill the same role (if not more specialized) aside from the lack of ability to create the obscenely powerful Nuka Cola Grenade which I'm glad they didn't add into the game.

Ring-a-ding, baby!

Though I do miss Nuka-Grenades a bit.....crashing Raider initiations by chucking a Nuka-Grenade at the pivot man was great fun.
Emma Copeland

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Maybe some guy came to D.C. before the war bought a six pack of quantum and went back home with it and you could find some in the fridge of his destroyed house I doubt they had check points to make sure you arent bringing any out of state.

The soda was released the day the bombs dropped.
Adam Kriner

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:20 am

Where did you get that it was radioactive before the war? Only Quatum is radioactive. Also how would you sell it? How would you make it? Why would you care about it if you came across it on a computer screen?

you can go to any shop and sell any crap you come across you could sell it to shops and I didnt say the point was to manufacture it.If you cared to make a Rock-It launcher than why wouldnt you care to make a drink since your charecter cares enough to be able to take a perk to let you make quartz and victory then why not quantum.
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:02 pm

If they go through the trouble to bring back quantum I hope they bring back Yellow Nuka-Cola that formula is top secret :shifty:
Amy Masters

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas