[RELWIP] Oblivion Graphics Extender

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Found and fixed.
Great. ^_^ I do like the new plugin with all the new shaders supported.

Yet another issue, this time with HDAO. Seeing http://i42.tinypic.com/plzlk.gif when I look at fog in a dungeon, that didn't happen with 3.0.1. Reverted back to 3.0.1 for now, since that's one less issue I have to live with. :P The uninstaller removed RealisticHealth.fx, was that because I chose not to backup files earlier? Had to reinstall RH.
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 5:50 am

Easy enough to fix. Fortunately it isn't hurting anything, just wasting cycles (and console space). I may just take it out completely. I've never noticed any real hit on performance on my machine when Godrays is enabled in an interior cell anyway.

Godrays has (or should have) a context http://obge.paradice-insight.us/wiki/Developer%27s_Manual#Conditionals, no need to control it via the support plugin. Same with Water.fx, that just runs when a water-plane exists.
JLG

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 6:13 am

Godrays has (or should have) a context http://obge.paradice-insight.us/wiki/Developer%27s_Manual#Conditionals, no need to control it via the support plugin. Same with Water.fx, that just runs when a water-plane exists.

Awesome, I'll just blow that away then. Hmm, it's about time I started familiarizing myself with shader file details like that. Will probably come in handy when we start integrating the other modules into the menus.
Luna Lovegood

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 am

A few of the old SSAOs used fixed fog-values - even when they appear correct, they couldn't be farther from correct. AO and fog play well together, the rest is unadjustable.

I've got an SSAO-fog issue, but don't know if this is the same issue y'all are talking about. For me, when there's fog, the shadowed areas created by SSAO show up, even when the objects themselves are shrouded in fog.
Czar Kahchi

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 am

I switched to RC2 and had some weird problems
Chin shadows became purple, sometimes I was switching to a parallel universe where all the grass was purple and vibrating.
Water wasn't liquid anymore but back to mercury-like. (even if it was properly tagged by Boss v1.9 and C-bashed)

Switching back to V3 fixed everything.
Will try again and see if it was just another Oblivion temper tantrum or if I need more help
Naomi Lastname

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 am

Decided to play a bit of Oblivion after Skyrim, and noticed that I got flickering god rays and trees where they intersect, kind of hard to describe but was very irritating. Don't know why I've never seen this before, perhaps because it happenes only at particular game hours and only when looking at several angles. Spent 2 hours trying to find the reason (tweaking obge.ini and oblivion.ini, disabling mods, changing video card settings, you name it) and finally narrowed it down to ScreenEffects.fx - my last suspect since it always worked for me without problems.
I compared it to another similar post-processing shader that I converted before smartsat.fx and noticed that screeneffects is lacking MIPFILTER = NONE in sampler. Adding it fixed flickering. The question is - what does it do for OBGE and why most shaders have it while several others not (coloreffects). Can it be the reason why people where experiencing problems with ColorEffects before?
Trish

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 6:29 am

I compared it to another similar post-processing shader that I converted before smartsat.fx and noticed that screeneffects is lacking MIPFILTER = NONE in sampler. Adding it fixed flickering. The question is - what does it do for OBGE and why most shaders have it while several others not (coloreffects). Can it be the reason why people where experiencing problems with ColorEffects before?

If the setting in OBGE.ini is right (iAutoGenerateMipMaps) then the effects can access the render-targets autogenerated mip-levels. There are quite some effects using it. Bokeh to make the lens-distortion at the corners of the view more blurry, Lightshafts to prevent stepping caused by wide ray-marching, HLSLbleachbypass to quickly calculate the average color per sector etc. pp.

It's possible to mess it up with "bad" texture coordinates, if you for example multiply the texture coordinates by say 4 you end up reading from mip-level 2, that's how the algorithm for mip-map selection works.

Why it's not in all effects is just that it didn't matter on my machine, when you skew fSamplerLODBias fe. you can mess the entire effect-pipeline because it also aplies to effects (I really should disable that). I also assume that actually the last thing rendered before the first effect can have whatever default for mipmapping, sometimes it is sometimes not, sometimes it has a bias, so the results are almost unreproducable or at least not really backtrackable to a mipmap-effect problem.

Is is very much possible that a lot of problems relate to that, let's see what the people say ... :)
Jani Eayon

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm

I updated a few files:
http://code.google.com/p/oblivion-graphics-extender/downloads/list

There is a major update for PCS, that thing was really in a bad shape, unattended for too long. I made it possible not to use HDR, and oh I fixed so much little buggers ... looks like this now:
http://obge.paradice-insight.us/wiki/File:PCS-Afternoon.png

If you do not use the linear tonemapper you have to work on your settings of Lightshafts, it looks enormous withut :P but not quite right when anything else than linear+hdr. But it is possible.
Marina Leigh

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Is is very much possible that a lot of problems relate to that, let's see what the people say ... :)
That whole bit went over my head, but I'm interested to see whether that's related to my graphical issues. :P If there's anything I can help test...
Tai Scott

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 am

Can't make liquid water work in any 3.1 RC
Here is what I have in Obgev2.log
Spoiler

Hooked: kernel32.dll
Hooked: user32.dll
Hooked: d3dx9_27.dll
Hooked: d3dx9_43.dll
Detoured GetRenderedSurfaceParameters(); succeeded
Replacing the built-in shaders.
Detoured GetShaderBinary(); succeeded
Detoured LoadTextureFile(); succeeded
Init: D3D9.DLL queried.
Init: D3D9.DLL loaded.
Init: Took over Direct3DCreate9.
OD3D9: Driver queried from 0x00dbe647
OD3D9: Driver 0x00ee7f78 constructed from 0x00dbe5b8 (1 drivers available)
OD3D9: Supported render-targets: A8R8G8B8, X8R8G8B8, R5G6B5, X1R5G5B5, A2B10G10R10, G16R16, A2R10G10B10, A16B16G16R16, L8, L16, R16F, G16R16F, A16B16G16R16F, R32F, G32R32F, A32B32G32R32F, NULL
OD3D9: Supported depth-stencils: D24S8, D24X8, D16, D32F_LOCKABLE, INTZ
OD3D9: NULL has multi-sample support: yes
OD3D9: Fetch4 not supported.
OD3D9: Driver 0x00ee7f78 destructed from 0x00dc7705 (0 drivers left)
OD3D9: Driver queried from 0x00dbe628
OD3D9: Driver 0x00ee7f78 constructed from 0x00dbe5b8 (1 drivers available)
OD3D9: Supported render-targets: A8R8G8B8, X8R8G8B8, R5G6B5, X1R5G5B5, A2B10G10R10, G16R16, A2R10G10B10, A16B16G16R16, L8, L16, R16F, G16R16F, A16B16G16R16F, R32F, G32R32F, A32B32G32R32F, NULL
Replaced depth-stencil by INTZ
OD3D9: Device queried from 0x0076a547
OD3D9: Queue 1, MS-type 0, MS-quality 0
OD3D9: Device 0x00ee6778 constructed from 0x00dc7b3d (1 devices available)
Loading texture (data\textures\shaders/unbound.dds)
Pre Hook
Depth buffer texture (INTZ) (1680,1050) created OK.
Depth buffer reattached OK. 0
Init: NVCPL.dll queried.
Received load game message.
Loading a game.
Creating effect vertex buffers.
Creating effect constants pool.
Creating full screen textures.
Width = 1680, Height = 1050
Format = A16B16G16R16F
Loading the effects.
Found texture to load: ssao/RandomNoiseB.dds
Loading texture (data\textures\ssao/RandomNoiseB.dds)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\JakobsenAO.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(143,55): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Linking to existing texture (data\textures\ssao/RandomNoiseB.dds)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\Godrays06.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(99,31): warning X3206: 'mul': implicit truncation of vector type
G:\Oblivion\memory(99,21): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\LightShafts_PCS.fx:
includes/Depth.hlsl(156,30): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'rcpres'

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\MLAA.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(190,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
G:\Oblivion\memory(191,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Found texture to load: effects\mlaa_area.dds
Loading texture (data\textures\effects\mlaa_area.dds)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\MDLAA.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(185,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
G:\Oblivion\memory(186,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Linking to existing texture (data\textures\effects\mlaa_area.dds)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\MFXAA.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(188,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
G:\Oblivion\memory(189,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Found texture to load: effects\smaa_areatex.dds
Loading texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_areatex.dds)
Found texture to load: effects\smaa_searchtex.dds
Loading texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_searchtex.dds)
Found texture to load: Effects/Hexagon.dds
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\CelShader+EdgeAA.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(153,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\ColorEffects.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(186,12): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\HLSLvignette.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(64,29): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Creating lod vertex buffers.
Added to list OK.
Linking to existing texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_areatex.dds)
Linking to existing texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_searchtex.dds)
Loading the effects.
Loading effect "Volumetric_SSAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "0" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Volumetric_SSII.fx" that already exists. Returning index "1" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Volumetric_SSGI.fx" that already exists. Returning index "2" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Ring_SSAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "3" of existing effect.
Loading effect "CrysisAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "4" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HBAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "5" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HDAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "6" of existing effect.
Loading effect "JakobsenAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "7" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Godrays06.fx" that already exists. Returning index "8" of existing effect.
Loading effect "LightShafts_PCS.fx" that already exists. Returning index "9" of existing effect.
Loading effect "NormalFilterAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "10" of existing effect.
Loading effect "DLAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "11" of existing effect.
Loading effect "FXAA2.fx" that already exists. Returning index "12" of existing effect.
Loading effect "FXAA3.fx" that already exists. Returning index "13" of existing effect.
Loading effect "MLAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "14" of existing effect.
Loading effect "MDLAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "15" of existing effect.
Loading effect "MFXAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "16" of existing effect.
Loading effect "SMAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "17" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Shaped_Bokeh_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "18" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Bokeh_Hexagon_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "19" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Bokeh_Circle_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "20" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Pseudo_Bokeh_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "21" of existing effect.
Loading effect "CrysisDoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "22" of existing effect.
Loading effect "DepthOfField.fx" that already exists. Returning index "23" of existing effect.
Loading effect "CelShader+EdgeAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "24" of existing effect.
Loading effect "ColorEffects.fx" that already exists. Returning index "25" of existing effect.
Loading effect "ColorMood.fx" that already exists. Returning index "26" of existing effect.
Loading effect "ENBColorEffect.fx" that already exists. Returning index "27" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HLSLbleachbypass.fx" that already exists. Returning index "28" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HLSLColorGrading03.fx" that already exists. Returning index "29" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HLSLvignette.fx" that already exists. Returning index "30" of existing effect.
Loading effect "obsharpen.fx" that already exists. Returning index "31" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Toon.fx" that already exists. Returning index "32" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Film16.fx" that already exists. Returning index "33" of existing effect.
Loading effect "SmartSat.fx" that already exists. Returning index "34" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Technicolor3.fx" that already exists. Returning index "35" of existing effect.
Save-game references to 4 textures.
Error loading texture list: too small.
No mesh data found in save-game.
No effect data in save-game.
LoadShader (AmbientDungeons.fx) - Script refID = 19000ed3
LoadEffect (Water.fx) - Script refID = 11000ed5 (Managed)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\Water.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(158,14): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
G:\Oblivion\memory(164,38): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
G:\Oblivion\memory(186,47): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
G:\Oblivion\memory(315,18): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\Water.fx:
G:\Oblivion\memory(167,12): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Found texture to load: effects\water_NRM_LOD.dds
Loading texture (data\textures\effects\water_NRM_LOD.dds)
Found texture to load: effects\water_NRM_3D.dds
Loading texture (data\textures\effects\water_NRM_3D.dds)
Received ExitGame message.
Depth buffer : Lost device callback.
Releasing the depth buffer surface.
Releasing the depth buffer texture.
brenden casey

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 3:46 am

Too bad I'm the one who didn't have problems with core shaders before, but if you can describe how to test I'm ready to help.
And can you please release OBGE RCs as BAINs too, because every time something is updated I need to manually unpack installer, rename files and repack as archive. Some packages (LW) has quite a lot of files to rename.
There are several people out here who actually know what they are doing and prefer to install everything manually - it is much easier to backtrack problems this way. :cool:
And when in doubt I look into installer script directly.
Sammie LM

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 am

Hmm, GTX260, Win7, I'm using Oscaped meshes + normals, new LOD-shader, seems to be an error with the water-plane - I'm getting the water flashing white error, though I'm NOT using Liquid Water (I had this problem previously WITH LW). Water plane seems to flash higher than the water should be (almost to the walls of the IC). Didn't see this with the last LOD shader.
Thanks

Spoiler
Hooked: user32.dll
Hooked: d3dx9_27.dll
Hooked: d3dx9_43.dll
Detoured GetRenderedSurfaceParameters(); succeeded
Replacing the built-in shaders.
Detoured GetShaderBinary(); succeeded
Detoured LoadTextureFile(); succeeded
Init: D3D9.DLL queried.
Init: D3D9.DLL loaded.
Init: Took over Direct3DCreate9.
OD3D9: Driver queried from 0x02d5e647
OD3D9: Driver 0x033de080 constructed from 0x02d5e5b8 (1 drivers available)
OD3D9: Driver 0x033de080 destructed from 0x02d67705 (0 drivers left)
OD3D9: Driver queried from 0x02d5e628
OD3D9: Driver 0x033de080 constructed from 0x02d5e5b8 (1 drivers available)
Replaced depth-stencil by INTZ
OD3D9: Device queried from 0x0076a547
OD3D9: Queue 1, MS-type 0, MS-quality 0
OD3D9: Device 0x033dd950 constructed from 0x02d67b3d (1 devices available)
Loading texture (data\textures\shaders/unbound.dds)
Pre Hook
Depth buffer texture (INTZ) (1680,1050) created OK.
Depth buffer reattached OK. 0
Init: NVCPL.dll queried.
Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\SLS2001-LOD.vso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(38,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\SLS2001-LOD.pso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(50,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Received load game message.
Loading a game.
Creating effect vertex buffers.
Creating effect constants pool.
Creating full screen textures.
Width = 1680, Height = 1050
Format = A16B16G16R16F
Loading the effects.
Loading texture (data\textures\ssao/RandomNoiseB.dds)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\JakobsenAO.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(143,55): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\Godrays06.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(99,31): warning X3206: 'mul': implicit truncation of vector type
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(99,21): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\MLAA.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(190,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(191,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Loading texture (data\textures\effects\mlaa_area.dds)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\MDLAA.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(185,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(186,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\MFXAA.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(188,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(189,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Loading texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_areatex.dds)
Loading texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_searchtex.dds)
Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\CelShader+EdgeAA.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(153,13): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\ColorEffects.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(186,12): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Effect compiling messages occured in data\shaders\HLSLvignette.fx:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(64,29): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\LODNEAR.vso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(15,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\LODNEAR.pso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(43,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\LODFAR.vso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(17,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\LODFAR.pso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(43,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\LODINF.vso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(15,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\LODINF.pso:

Shader compiling messages occured in data\shaders\override\LODWATER.pso:
C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\memory(16,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'includes/Settings.hlsl'

Creating lod vertex buffers.
Added to list OK.
Linking to existing texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_areatex.dds)
Linking to existing texture (data\textures\effects\smaa_searchtex.dds)
Loading the effects.
Loading effect "Volumetric_SSAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "0" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Volumetric_SSII.fx" that already exists. Returning index "1" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Volumetric_SSGI.fx" that already exists. Returning index "2" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Ring_SSAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "3" of existing effect.
Loading effect "CrysisAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "4" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HBAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "5" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HDAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "6" of existing effect.
Loading effect "JakobsenAO.fx" that already exists. Returning index "7" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Godrays06.fx" that already exists. Returning index "8" of existing effect.
Loading effect "NormalFilterAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "9" of existing effect.
Loading effect "DLAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "10" of existing effect.
Loading effect "FXAA2.fx" that already exists. Returning index "11" of existing effect.
Loading effect "FXAA3.fx" that already exists. Returning index "12" of existing effect.
Loading effect "MLAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "13" of existing effect.
Loading effect "MDLAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "14" of existing effect.
Loading effect "MFXAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "15" of existing effect.
Loading effect "SMAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "16" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Shaped_Bokeh_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "17" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Bokeh_Hexagon_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "18" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Bokeh_Circle_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "19" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Pseudo_Bokeh_DoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "20" of existing effect.
Loading effect "CrysisDoF.fx" that already exists. Returning index "21" of existing effect.
Loading effect "DepthOfField.fx" that already exists. Returning index "22" of existing effect.
Loading effect "CelShader+EdgeAA.fx" that already exists. Returning index "23" of existing effect.
Loading effect "ColorEffects.fx" that already exists. Returning index "24" of existing effect.
Loading effect "ColorMood.fx" that already exists. Returning index "25" of existing effect.
Loading effect "ENBColorEffect.fx" that already exists. Returning index "26" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HLSLbleachbypass.fx" that already exists. Returning index "27" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HLSLColorGrading03.fx" that already exists. Returning index "28" of existing effect.
Loading effect "HLSLvignette.fx" that already exists. Returning index "29" of existing effect.
Loading effect "obsharpen.fx" that already exists. Returning index "30" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Toon.fx" that already exists. Returning index "31" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Film16.fx" that already exists. Returning index "32" of existing effect.
Loading effect "SmartSat.fx" that already exists. Returning index "33" of existing effect.
Loading effect "Technicolor3.fx" that already exists. Returning index "34" of existing effect.
Save-game references to 7 textures.
Error loading texture list: too small.
No mesh data found in save-game.
No effect data in save-game.
LoadShader (RealisticHealth.fx) - Script refID = 84000ce7
LoadShader (EnhancedSeasons.fx) - Script refID = 1e000ce7
Received ExitGame message.
Depth buffer : Lost device callback.
Releasing the depth buffer surface.
Releasing the depth buffer texture.
sw1ss

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 am

Oh, yeah LLOD depends somehow on LW file-structure, haveing reused the LW shader and so on.
You can create an empty "Data/Shaders/includes/override/Settings.hlsl" file, 0 bytes. that should make the water at least render. But it will still match the coloring and general look of LW, it'll look off for the normal water I think.
The flicker (upshifting water-plane) is a problem I haven't found the reason for so far. That needs a lucky moment.
Stu Clarke

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 3:13 am

Too bad I'm the one who didn't have problems with core shaders before, but if you can describe how to test I'm ready to help.

Thanks, but it's one of the things you don't just trigger by going through all possible scenarios, they are in the 100.000s, no way to test all of that. It was just luck that you had the problem and were able to do what is necessary - turn off one after another, it's not so difficult, it's even written on the front-page of the wiki, I'm just saying towards the audience. :P
I sometimes have cases where something works 99% of the time, then bum I turn on whatnot, goes to hell.

And can you please release OBGE RCs as BAINs too, because every time something is updated I need to manually unpack installer, rename files and repack as archive. Some packages (LW) has quite a lot of files to rename.

Yes, my liege. :bowdown: Done, my liege. :icecream: (I hope it's clear I'm a self-humorous character and I don't use sarkasm in forums)

There are several people out here who actually know what they are doing and prefer to install everything manually - it is much easier to backtrack problems this way. :cool:
And when in doubt I look into installer script directly.

Well ... you want to [look at the installer scripts]? You're fit to make a BAIN-wizard?
Joey Bel

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 am

Yes, my liege. :bowdown: Done, my liege. :icecream: (I hope it's clear I'm a self-humorous character and I don't use sarkasm in forums)
I see :spotted owl: Thanks anyway.

Well ... you want to [look at the installer scripts]? You're fit to make a BAIN-wizard?
I meant Inno setup installer scripts :wink_smile: But I'll try to look into bain scripts, they don't look awful at all. Damn Skyrim is eating almost all my free time...
Gwen

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 4:04 pm

So OBGErc2 + LLODrc2 run perfectly, OBGErc3 + LLODrc3 do not acknowledge the ocean-basin settings and have the water-plane flashing, I could not render water with OBGErc3 + LWrc3. OBGErc3 + LLODrc2 also do not acknowlege the the ocean-basin, and have the water-plane flashing. Gotta run.
Rhiannon Jones

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 8:40 am

I meant Inno setup installer scripts :wink_smile: But I'll try to look into bain scripts, they don't look awful at all. Damn Skyrim is eating almost all my free time...

I know you meant the Inno-scripts, but you don't have access to those, or are they extractable? I was asking because I can give you the links to the base .iss files if they are of use to you (for making BAIN wizards for example).
Laura Mclean

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 am

I know you meant the Inno-scripts, but you don't have access to those, or are they extractable? I was asking because I can give you the links to the base .iss files if they are of use to you (for making BAIN wizards for example).
I use Inno unpacker. All those ",1" or ",2" etc. at the end of file names are impossible to understand without looking into setup scripts :wink_smile:
Quick Draw III

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm

If I'm getting lots of flickering and eventually a black screen when I use spells when outdoors, could that be a problem with PCS or LLOD?

I have a GTX 560ti running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

OBGEv2.log: http://pastebin.com/tWAMrg02

OBSE.log: http://pastebin.com/inHYGHxx

Shaderslist.txt: http://pastebin.com/deE7dFqi
Rachel Briere

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Can't find a way to kill overbloom white spots on Ayleid Ruins and sky (when looking at woods or other "dark" areas) with LHDR (for OBGE 3.1 RC) in exterior cells (in interior ones the tweaked oblivion.ini works well).
Any advise?

For Ayleid Ruins maybe a texture pack can do the trick, but for the sky?
Mike Plumley

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 4:01 am

Screens? BTW LHDR-RC1 is not for Core-RC1 it is RC1 of itself.
Jeremy Kenney

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:48 am

Screens? BTW LHDR-RC1 is not for Core-RC1 it is RC1 of itself.
"The OBGEv3 Luminance Corrected HDR package is an optional component of OBGEv3" from the Readme :|

Original HDR shader with ini tweak:

*http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/screenshot47cy.jpg/

LHDR (default -> Pre_Color + Post_Exp) with ini tweak:

*http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/screenshot48n.jpg/

LHDR is correctly applied (see blue tint of far Chorrol Hills) but is there a way to kill MORE overbloom? Too much cyan for my eyes! :D
kristy dunn

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:28 pm

"The OBGEv3 Luminance Corrected HDR package is an optional component of OBGEv3" from the Readme :|

You were expressing it as if LHDR RC1 would be _only_ for Core RC1, that why I said that. You can use LHDR RC1 with Core RC3, I don't think the iteration really matters for any of the modules ( except LLOD :P , that's a moving target ).

Original HDR shader with ini tweak:

*http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/screenshot47cy.jpg/

LHDR (default -> Pre_Color + Post_Exp) with ini tweak:

*http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/screenshot48n.jpg/

LHDR is correctly applied (see blue tint of far Chorrol Hills) but is there a way to kill MORE overbloom? Too much cyan for my eyes! :D

Well, both are cyan ... you're sure it's not bloom instead of HDR? I never play with the normal sky, so I'm not sure what settings to suggest.
marina

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 5:01 am

You were expressing it as if LHDR RC1 would be _only_ for Core RC1, that why I said that. You can use LHDR RC1 with Core RC3, I don't think the iteration really matters for any of the modules ( except LLOD :P , that's a moving target ).

Well, both are cyan ... you're sure it's not bloom instead of HDR? I never play with the normal sky, so I'm not sure what settings to suggest.
Bloom disabled.
Obviously with Bloom and no HDR (and so no tonemapping) the overbloom problem is solved but there's the nasty vegetation pop-up problem: HDR blend the pop-up, as you surely know.
Maybe there's a way to obtain that blending with bloom too thanks to OBGE?

EDIT: found the code of tonemapping in HDR004.pso.....let's tweak some values :D
Epul Kedah

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm

OK problem solved, with standard HDR in HDR004.pso :D

reslt = ((rwhite * HDRParam.x) * color) + max(blurc * (rwhite * 0.5), 0);

to

reslt = ((rwhite * HDRParam.x) * color) + max(blurc * (rwhite * 0.1), 0);

Or any value <0.5 as multiplier for rwhite.

:D
Monika

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion