Our own opening titles?

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Was it able to be done in the end?
I couldn't figure much out and just dropped it. I'm not doing the opening titles (I've found other ways to convey the same feeling of opening grandeur), and for the closing titles I'm just doing a fancy Bink video, instead of an ingame cutscene with onscreen flash titles.
Calum Campbell

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:45 pm

How did u replace opening title like?
Ashley Hill

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 am

I just created a situation where the player still goes, "Woah, awesome." instead of it being all theatrical and displaying titles. I don't list the info that the titles would, but it has the same emotion impact. The player steps out into my land at a point that gives an amazing view of the land, and I have an NPC with you that says a line or two. It's put together in a way that I no longer feel the need to have opening titles. (So I'm okay with not getting them to work)

Introduce the player to your land in a grand way. In Skyrim, you see very little until you exit the Helgen caves, at which point you abruptly see the valley sprawl out ahead, and it's really awesome. Do the same with Issgard. Don't just have the player arrive on a boat, unless the boat is docked at a great looking spot.
Julie Serebrekoff

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim