Crysis 2 PC fixes & info [Updated 16th April]

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Got the map pack, yet to play any of them, it'd be nice to connect to a working American server.
Going from Detroit to a German server with a ping ranging from 124-216 is not that great. Playable, but come on guys.
Even if I DO get on an American server, it seems to luckily work for 1 match or does the endless countdown.

FIX THE GAME first, THEN release new content.

PLEASE.
PREEEETTTYYY PLEASE?
With sugar on top?
kiss my weasel

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 am

I still just find it crazy that this series started PC only and then went three ways for the sequel. Only to find out that it was developed for the 360 and then reformatted for PS3 and PC use. Not even any mod love for the PC owners. I still think it's a good game campaign wise. At least for a few hours. But the game (on the PC) has already missed its mark. I'm cutting my losses on it. Maybe next time will be different?
Claire

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 pm

I will never buy another Crytek game again.

This is piss poor. I have logged on for days in a row, trying to find Australian supported servers and I get bugger all. Plus after all the bugs in multiplayer (like being promoted to Level 11 three **** times - once because the game crashed just before the game showed the round stats, once halfway through the actual round, and another time because I was playing on a server that only allowed people playing Rank 10 and below. What WOULD have been nice, is if they allow you to be promoted to Rank 11, finish the round, then tell you - you can't join that server unless you're Rank 10 or below... BUT NO. While playing you get promoted, get to the stats screen, become disqualified and lose your promotion.)

Crytek - You're digging yourself into a grave and if there's a Crysis 3, I will NOT be playing it, and will overlook anyone who pirates the game simply because this damn game was not worth the money and their support in this matter svcks arse.

The amount of times the game has crashed, bugged or simply revoked points earned in matches is bloody awful and I know see why people feel that games are overpriced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is one thing I would like to know. Where are all the Australian Crysis players? Because EVERY GOD DAMN TIME I go into Crysis - it says that EVERY SINGLE Australian crysis server is empty... EVERY SINGLE TIME! So either I was the only one dumb enough to buy the bloody game in AUSTRALIA, or their multiplayer svcks arse. I don't want to have to join a Korean server with a ping higher than 250 to play the game.

And when the HELL are they going to fix that damn NAT Type: strict error.
dell

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Johnny. "MUM, can I use your credit card to buy some maps for Crysis2 please?"

Mum. " What? I just bought you the limited edition? Didn't it have maps with it?"

Johnny." Yes, but these are new ones."

Mum." I heard you last night yelling at the screen your rank or something was reset again and the new $2500 computer you have has some flickering problem when running both graphic cards with the multi screens you saved up for, so you only run 1. Also something about hackers and dropping out problems the other day? Something wrong with our internet?"

Johnny." But mum! If I don't get them I can't play with my friends! Bob is getting them. I have fixed my drop outs by turning off the fire wall and opening the ports in the router. I can live with it until it's fixed"

Mum. " So you want me to spend another $10 on a game which drops out, resets your rank, won't run properly on your computer, having to turn off your fire wall, opening your computer to trojens, viruses and what ever. Will this fix the game?"

Johnny," No, but I want them,please?"

Mum." Hmm, let me have a look,,,,,, right, they want my credit card details,,,,, Hmm,, no PayPal, strange, everybody uses PayPal for online business,,,,,,,,,,Hmmm, site doesn't show it's secure,,,,,,,,what happens to my card detials,,,,,,don't know,Hmmm,,,,don't they realize that kids don't have credit cards. Johnny, when the game is fixed I'll think about it. The problems with that game, I just don't think it's worth it. It's not call of duty or bad company 2 which all your friends play it"

Johnny."But MUM!,,,,,,Well OK, (sigh) I'll wait, your right. The game just make me frustrated after all the write ups about it. The next Battle Field or COD probably will be by then, so can I have the $10 towards them?"
Jonathan Egan

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:31 pm

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH CRYSIS 2 SERVERS NOW?? CANT PLAY LONGER THAN 3MIN without been disconnected !!! tried all day .... more than 20 times !!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHY? PLAY 35GBP for a game you CANT PLAY ?!?
Chris BEvan

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Hmmm a map pack will be free for pc?
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:49 pm

no.. you have to buy it.. -.-
Kieren Thomson

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:17 am

hey guys i found the sollution to this problem definitly i've searched the whole site but found it this is what you have to do i have found it by help and support then i came on the EA site and there was this answer i tried it and it worked now i can play the multiplayer game again

so follow these steps and YOU CAN PLAY THE MULTIPLAYER FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon logging into Crysis 2, you may receive an error message referencing "Invalid Login Details". Follow the steps below to allow you to log into the game.

1.Navigate to http://www.gamesas.com. (Firefox is recommended as a browser for viewing the gamesas site).
2.Click 'Sign In'. (This can be found near the top right-hand corner of the page.)
3.Click 'Edit Profile'.
4.Click 'Back to Profile'.
5.Click 'Edit Profile' again.
6.Type your nickname in the 'Nickname' field.
7.Clear the 'Password' field and retype your password.
8.Click 'Save'.
Try again to log into the Crysis 2 game. If, after completing the preceding steps, the issue persists, submit a support ticket at the bottom of the official Crysis 2 support page here: http://www.gamesas.com/support/
lauraa

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:50 am

Johnny. "MUM, can I use your credit card to buy some maps for Crysis2 please?"

Mum. " What? I just bought you the limited edition? Didn't it have maps with it?"

Johnny." Yes, but these are new ones."

Mum." I heard you last night yelling at the screen your rank or something was reset again and the new $2500 computer you have has some flickering problem when running both graphic cards with the multi screens you saved up for, so you only run 1. Also something about hackers and dropping out problems the other day? Something wrong with our internet?"

Johnny." But mum! If I don't get them I can't play with my friends! Bob is getting them. I have fixed my drop outs by turning off the fire wall and opening the ports in the router. I can live with it until it's fixed"

Mum. " So you want me to spend another $10 on a game which drops out, resets your rank, won't run properly on your computer, having to turn off your fire wall, opening your computer to trojens, viruses and what ever. Will this fix the game?"

Johnny," No, but I want them,please?"

Mum." Hmm, let me have a look,,,,,, right, they want my credit card details,,,,, Hmm,, no PayPal, strange, everybody uses PayPal for online business,,,,,,,,,,Hmmm, site doesn't show it's secure,,,,,,,,what happens to my card detials,,,,,,don't know,Hmmm,,,,don't they realize that kids don't have credit cards. Johnny, when the game is fixed I'll think about it. The problems with that game, I just don't think it's worth it. It's not call of duty or bad company 2 which all your friends play it"

Johnny."But MUM!,,,,,,Well OK, (sigh) I'll wait, your right. The game just make me frustrated after all the write ups about it. The next Battle Field or COD probably will be by then, so can I have the $10 towards them?"

THAT is a win. You just won the entire internet. Period.
ZANEY82

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:28 am

@ Torchem

Man....thats so cool what you wrote. It's a passive approach posted in a forum that seems to get only PASSIVE replies from the admins. No aggression or abuse is needed when you can write like that. Your post is proof of that.

So, where are we now? I've stopped playing C2 but am really interested in the on-going dilema that is evolving; The 'few and far between' post updates never really address the full outcry of the masses. Consider this: Some people visit this site and never post. All these posts do not represent the entire scope of the issues that this game contains nor does it represent how many have just plain given up. There has never been a letter of apology or honest public statement forthcoming. There is no professionalism here. Jusy passive, infrequent updates / patches / announcments that seem to all, like EA / Crytek are avoiding an obvious admission of a faulty product / service. I don't know, perhaps the shareholders are being protected. Who knows?

As mentioned before, I have stopped playing this game. The retail version is flawed....but we all know that. It was fun for a handful of days....err....sort of. So where to from here?

Battlefield 3 is on the horizon. From what I understand, it's a multi-platform deal just like Crysis 2.

Cast your mind back to how good Crysis' first incarnation was. It was and still is 'the goods' ....So how can we all be certain the Battlefield 3 will not go the way of this mess here. Money! It's makes the world turn. I recall sometime back in the 90's that Nintendo made more money than the entire US Movie industy. So with this new "MULTI-PLATFORM' trend, I am noticing that saturation seems to be the marketting ploy to optimise the maximum return. I understand it, I just dont agree with it. There are other ways to give all and sundry what the want. Instead, I have a game that looks really nice but is basically a cut-down version of what it should be because consoles can no longer handle the level of complexity a newer PC can. This is in no way a dig at the console industry, just a simple fact that they companies such as Crytek ignore this fact and give PC games a sub-standard release. Your game has no view distance varible for a good reason. It can run on a PC / XBOX and PS3. PC's that are 2 years old can run games better than PC. No theats here but you people at Crytek have dropped the ball. Your rep has been damaged. Surely it has. Isnt that a concent worth admission? Isnt it?

Ok, so this world is failing hard. Every day draws us closer to another finacial collapse just like the one we recently endured (some of us) ....Companies run this world. Not presidents, not Kings nor Queens. Companies.

So! Cross your fingers gamers....it's not all doom and gloom. But I can see it from here.
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:07 pm

hi all ) support me pls if you have time in competition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErJh5z1CeJE
Sheila Reyes

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:48 pm

hi all ) support me pls if you have time in competition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErJh5z1CeJE
Dj Matty P

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:29 pm

hi all... whe need remove simbols in nickname,, like ~~!@#$%^&**(~~~```` , hackers are usin nick with some simbols,, and cant kick him,, please make nick only with letter and numbers.
Marine Arrègle

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:29 am

Hello!
Tell me please, how i can update and patching my crysis2? How it influence to my localization (russian)?
The game itself is updated or need to manually download patches?
I'm not online all the time. Sometimes I play offline in single, PC is not connected to the Internet in this time.

And sorry, if upper post for my questions, english is very hard to me.
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Vote for Crysis on Igromania! Here is a link http://www.igromania.ru/gametop/ - is itself a hit parade. and vote at this link http://www.igromania.ru/. The left will say "Game of the Month" in Russian "Игра месяца" Choose the best games for the period from April 29 to May 26 .
after selecting the games button "проголосовать" - "Vote" in English
Jani Eayon

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:38 pm

@ Torchem
Well... that only prove me you don't need a $2500 pc for run Crysis 2.

@ ThermO
You cant talk for everyone... this is my first post... and I have not issues running Crysis 2. Im sure many people out there never post because they can run Crysis 2 just fine.

Anyway... Sorry if you can get run Crysis 2 properly...

Regards
Lisa

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi does anyone know of a 100% exact reason why when trying to log onto the multiplayer it all of a sudden gives me the old "cannot connect...check your network try again later". Its the first time its ever happened and it happens to be the double xp weekend to. Its never happened before and ive played online continuously in the last 3 months which is whats baffling me. Any help would be appreciated
Crystal Clear

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Somebody, can you help me? One word only: auto or manual.
I am newcomer in this world - pc, games, patches, updates.
All such indifferent...
Lady Shocka

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Playing has become impossible.
If you kill 3 players in a row, you get kicked by someone.
If you want to play capture the relay, you can't, because a bunch of douchebags just camp on the bases taking, dropping and returning the relays for xp (Crytek, fix this so that it becomes no longer possible).
That's it. I'm done. I'm going back to crysis 1.
FAIL.
Sarah Unwin

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 am

Playing has become impossible.
If you kill 3 players in a row, you get kicked by someone.
If you want to play capture the relay, you can't, because a bunch of douchebags just camp on the bases taking, dropping and returning the relays for xp (Crytek, fix this so that it becomes no longer possible).
That's it. I'm done. I'm going back to crysis 1.
FAIL.

Yo Yo, i totally understand what u thinking.
I played an attack-game and loaded 100% of the data nonstop. Then came the "cheater" and "hacker"-messages.
I cant help it if no one attacks me.
When u have a real hacker, who killed me for example 15 times in a row, because i spawned always at the same area, and he used auto-aim-bot, no one votes kick. Also if someone starts it, the vote fails.

This game could be so cool, but my nerves are on their end.
rebecca moody

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Vote for Crysis on Igromania! Here is a link http://www.igromania.ru/gametop/ - is itself a hit parade. and vote at this link http://www.igromania.ru/. The left will say "Game of the Month" in Russian "Игра месяца" Choose the best games for the period from May 28 to June 24.
after selecting the games button "проголосовать" - "Vote" in English
sally R

Previous

Return to Crysis