Worst Ways of Dying in Fallout 3!

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am

I can't tell you the worst way I've died because it would be a spoiler. Let's just say that I made a really really dumb choice during the main quest (in my defense, I just wanted to see what would happen).

Other than that, I have to say traps, particularly the mines in Minefield. I can't tell you how many times I've walked through that place, being (imho) incredibly slow and careful, yet somehow miss seeing one. Oh, and I hate booby trapped stairwells -- too often it seems that I forget to look out for tripwires while climbing the stairs.
Trevor Bostwick

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 am

Trying to kill a behemoth and shooting my fat man at the railing in front of me =p
carly mcdonough

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 am

there wasn't a space for not shooting the fat man far enough... :nuke:

Edit: Blast! all that and Deano beat me to it... :P
Arrogant SId

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 am

Never had the bad luck to get stuck in a car-explosion or offed by a trap, but I absolutely hate drowning. Just because I couldn't seem to get the hang of it (in my defense, I was incredibly tired and it was 4AM). Trying to get to Pinkerton in that stupid bow... ARGH! I should've been able to just blast that door in from the outside...
Robert Jr

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 am

Dying by a booby trapped mailbox at Kaelyn'd bed & breakfast after wasting all Raiders there. Embarassing.
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Since the beginning of my first game I rarely actually die. So, with my last character I ran straight into DC at a very early level. I'm carefully picking off the super mutants from a distance, no big deal, until I come out of an ally to find (by being shot) a mutant master sniper on a high balcony with a rocket launcher. I would have just taken my time with him but I had Jericho with me and stupid would just stand in the middle of the street shooting the railing in front of him so I had to act to save him. That f****** b****** must of killed me about 10 times before I finally got the drop on him. Finally finished him with a VATS head shot, and holly crap did that svcker fly up, up and away. Very satisfying.

My first guy though, fire ants and splodin cars, it was a damn shame.
Steve Smith

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 am

Death by fire ant sort of svcks, but nothing outsvckifies death by atomic car bomb.

Oh wait, death by exploding computer outsvckifies that. I almost forgot about death by exploding computer.
Cody Banks

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:01 am

Kiting an enemy only to take a step back and as you do so realize there's nothing under your fooooooooooo *CRUNCH*
I’m my own

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am

This happened with my fist character but never again, I was in the middle of the pile up and I was shooting at the raiders near the library. The next thing I know :nuke: and I was flying up in the air. Not good at all.
Casey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:12 am

Tonight I putted a Mine at the entrance of a Talon Outpost near the Supa-Dupa mart and Greyditch, I walked out the door to refresh myself, did stumble across that annoying kid, did get back in, and what you think on that moment a Talon Company Member was standing on my setted mine.
Emily Martell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 pm

killed 3 deathclaws with a sniper from the overpass, went to harvest there hands and stood on a gap in the road and plumeted to my death
Kevin S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:14 am

Did you know that Flak carries a loaded Fatman? I didn't

that was hilarious and to think you probably sold it to him oh and he can't die by the way
Mashystar

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:23 pm

i equipped one of the npc's that i didn't want to die with power armor and a Gatling laser............... then i stole something from his friend and BAM
Louise

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 am

Well Ive had plenty of raunchy deaths, Death by Deathclaw, death by Fire, Death by exploding cars, Bludgeoned to death by super mutants etc etc etc....... But I really hate hieghts and about a week ago I found one of those SATCOM links and I was walking up to the edge of the antenna dish when I fell through one of the holes in the dish and it looks so real when your falling .......Oh [censored] I hate that! But its one of the really strong points of the game too. It should make you feel like that.
Eve Booker

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:17 am

I would have to say dieing from one of those electified toilets would be the most humiliating death. Not sure who exactly dies from those, since most of the time there's a perfectly good sink to drink from.
vanuza

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 am

I would have to say dieing from one of those electified toilets would be the most humiliating death. Not sure who exactly dies from those, since most of the time there's a perfectly good sink to drink from.

Yeah I think they are supposed to be a joke. either that or they just did not think it through. The first time I ran into one of these I was sure that it was not a trap but someone who had committed suicide but These these electrified toilets are all over the wasteland and when you discvonect the Fusion cell from the Toilet you are prompted with " You have disarmed the Trap" Huh? Why would you do that? why would anyone do that? it makes no sense. I mean even if you were a psychpath and just wanted to kill lots of people wouldn't you trap the sinks or the fountains?
Budgie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 am

Yeah I think they are supposed to be a joke. either that or they just did not think it through. The first time I ran into one of these I was sure that it was not a trap but someone who had committed suicide but These these electrified toilets are all over the wasteland and when you discvonect the Fusion cell from the Toilet you are prompted with " You have disarmed the Trap" Huh? Why would you do that? why would anyone do that? it makes no sense. I mean even if you were a psychpath and just wanted to kill lots of people wouldn't you trap the sinks or the fountains?

Because it is funny and in this game people drink from the toilet for health(trap). Some people drink from a toilet for The Wasteland Field Guide Quest, to get rads.
Eire Charlotta

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 pm

let me see

1. Getting bbq'd by those fire ants at lv. 4

2. Minefeild when Arkansas missed me and hit a car, I was new so I didn't know they exploded, well I found out the hardway when it went off setting off a nice chain reaction as I tried to back away forgetting about the mines the last thing I saw was a flash and my dismembered corpse doing sommersaults.

3. When I went up to the cabin with one of the keller tapes that has the rad-roaches, I had half health and 5 stimpacks left but figured it would be safe to leave as I thought I killed all the muties, well I opened the door to find three talon mercs waiting for me, after a nasty fire fight and wasting my last stimps I turn to climb down the hill and I get a rocket shot up my ass and go air born by a mutie that I missed.

4. Killed by a bloatfly after killing a group of raiders and forgetting to heal.
Janette Segura

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 pm

For me it's falling, I was casually strolling killing everything when I jumped between these two rocks and got stuck I hit jump like 300 times then outta nowhere I get sent flying up to like the top of the map then I admire the view, then my legs go through my chest.
stevie critchley

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 am

i voted Falling.

Sure an explosion that sends bits and pieces of you every which way has got to be painful but you usually don't see it coming. Whereas when you are falling there is that 5 seconds or so , when you say to yourself "that's gonna hurt" , you see the impending doom and that's gotta be worse.

In real life though i'd say the dreaded monkey [censored] would be the worse way to go.
Jeff Tingler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 am

falling is a really annoying way to die.
Saul C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Guys, this thread is from February. That's called nemocracy.
TWITTER.COM

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 am

Guys, this thread is from February. That's called nemocracy.

Yes it is, and with an inappropriate comment.
Melly Angelic

Previous

Return to Fallout 3