Hidden plot?

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:59 am

Maybe i haven't done all of my homework, but; If the enclave had a part with controlling the outcome of the vaults, what was with the slaughter of the vault 13 residents by the enclave as shown in the beginning movie of Fallout 2?
Lizs

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:40 am

Maybe i haven't done all of my homework, but; If the enclave had a part with controlling the outcome of the vaults, what was with the slaughter of the vault 13 residents by the enclave as shown in the beginning movie of Fallout 2?

They were resisting, say the Enclave folks.

(I'm not kidding)
megan gleeson

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 pm

maybe the crashed plane was a chinese Nuke-Carrier, no? war has it's ways, maybe the chinese were intelligent enough to think life goes on after the war, so they started thinking: why not fool the remaining?
that plane was meant to crash, to fool...
by the time of FO3 There would be a low number of historical refrence, and the chinese planned that the remaining should have a bomb to see, a nuke which did not detonate, and as they scavanged the nuke, they would see the USAF symbol, and utterly think that their own country bombed itself, and made up a story. so they would go on a revolt against any American government (if existed) or lose the small escense of patriotism if they have...

the chinese planned on everything... muhuhahaha...!
Haley Merkley

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:02 am

They were resisting, say the Enclave folks.

(I'm not kidding)

You're right, waving is a sure sign of resistance
helliehexx

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:12 am

The Brotherhood of Steel was once part of the U.S. Government, not just the Enclave. Though the Brotherhood was just a bunch of 1-2 Star Generals that formed their own group, its not impossible to think that they had anything to do with creating the Vaults?

But as its already been said! It all leads to Vault-Tec.

No generals were involved in the BoS. The highest ranking person from the US army involved was the founder, Captain Maxson.
Kanaoka

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Plane went down, probably from an EMP.

Nope, EMP has no effect on vacuum tube based electronics. If you recall, the Fallout universe never made the discovery of microchips, thus most electronics in Fallout still use vacuum tubes (see the teaser trailer with the radio. The light bulb things are the vacuum tubes).

Quoting from the almighty wiki:
Older, vacuum tube (valve) based equipment is much less vulnerable to EMP than newer solid state equipment; Soviet Cold War?era military aircraft often had avionics based on vacuum tubes due both to limitations in Soviet solid-state capabilities and a belief that the vacuum gear would survive better.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

So, EMP has no effect on the electronics of the Fallout universe. That's why radios and terminals still work.

Further, EMP's actual effects weren't really realised until the 1960s. Since the "Science!" of the Fallout universe is based on 1950 era assumptions (radiation creating mutants, no nuclear winter, etc.), EMP would have been irrelevant.
Katie Pollard

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 pm

Vault-Tec was selling arms to both sides?

If Vault-Tec was selling to both sides it could shoot down the theory that some people have against having Fallout 4 in China, that being that there would be no Vaults there. If you're selling the weapons to both sides, then why not the vaults as well?
Blaine

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:15 am

Maybe the pre-war Enclave wanted to test if vault 101 could survive such a close blast. Unfortunately something went wrong with their bomb. But when the Lone Wanderer blows up Megaton, he proves that the Vault was properly resistant against it. It should have at least been mentioned in the 'trouble on the homefront' quest.
Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Maybe the pre-war Enclave wanted to test if vault 101 could survive such a close blast. Unfortunately something went wrong with their bomb. But when the Lone Wanderer blows up Megaton, he proves that the Vault was properly resistant against it. It should have at least been mentioned in the 'trouble on the homefront' quest.

lol. I can so imagine Butch eating an apple or something when the bomb went off.
Gracie Dugdale

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:25 am

I don't have BS, but couldn't the airstrip that Manya mentions be Adams Air Base?
Joey Avelar

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:12 pm

EMP can bring down a plane even if its electronics are based on vaccum tubes or not.

A powerful pulse can induce electric potential in the kilovolt scale in metal constructions and under certain circumstances even magnetize metals which are normally amagnetic.
It can cause fire aboard or make vital magnetic switches fail.

The electromagnetic radiation is capable of stopping running gasoline engines and permanently damaging them by magnetizing their ignition system. The engines stop and you cant start them anymore. A plane can also be easily knocked out of the sky by a nuclear blast.

The bomb was definitely not dropped. The crater is much too big for that and that old lady in Megaton supports the idea that the whole plane with the bomb inside came down.
Quote : "Long ago, before the war there used to be machines flying in the sky" "People think the bomb made the crater but it didnt"
joseluis perez

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion