Homosixuality in ES V

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Honestly who cares about homosixuality or gay people I just want to play TES V!
Sanctum

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Just food for thought there are arguably homosixual characters in both oblivion and morrowind, (they started popping up when a certain somebody took over o_0) so it could be argued that homosixuality is established in lore, like I have already stated I don't think it's a big deal at all I'm just getting the communities opnions on the subject, no need to be rude.
Farrah Barry

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Homosixuality exists in every culture in every time period, it's part of human nature whether some of you like it or not, so putting it somewhere in skyrim would only make the world more believable, its hypocritical to say there should be straight people but not gay people.
Rudi Carter

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 pm

mods please close this... its gonna get bad

But the fun's just getting started... :hubbahubba:
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:27 pm

You agree on what? The level of homophobia in the thread? Fine... just show us where all this rampant homophobia is.

I fell the tone of this thread is almost... angry at the idea of it. It's not like I'm accusing anyone specifically, but if you read through the posts it's pretty clear a good amount of people would be upset if it was included, and that kind of gives me a homophobic vibe. I could be wrong but that is just my opinion.
Cat Haines

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:33 pm

I don't care. As long as its not so obvious is offensive. I think a great example of a gay character is Arcade from New Vegas. He's definitely not obviously gay, its just part of his characteristics. Its respectable because they don't try to make it define him (which IS offensive). I suppose Gay Tony would also be a good example, although I never played that DLC, I heard he was actually a great character.

Basically, I don't care, just be respectful if homosixuals are included.
Brandi Norton

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:15 pm

I think every minority group and lifestyle should be implemented into TES to make sure everyone feels included and validated. Furthermore, I believe there should be a government agency to ensure that each group is receiving the appropriate amount of representation in every facet of the game.

:clap:

(At least it saved me from joining the already-massive :facepalm: crowd, eh? :D )
Sxc-Mary

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Honestly who cares about homosixuality I just want to play TES V!

Exactly. It's not relevant to TES. Shouldn't even be a thread for it. This isn't Mass Effect.
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:04 pm

lol 60 users reading this topic. more people reading this than any topic in this forum
!

Me? I don't see it being very relevant. So I don't care
Dorian Cozens

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:30 am

I really don't care about this issue. If it's there, cool. If it's not, whatever. Just leave me to my indifference.

also, this

It's nothing against anyone, but I don't really think it matters nor is it something I would violently protest, but I don't want to see anything in a game just for the sake of being there or for equality. I want to see what fits and fleshes out a setting best. For example, I'm Middle-Eastern, and not only would I not be offended by a lack of ouds and bellydancers in the game, but I strongly oppose it. It just doesn't make much sense in the setting. Homosixuality could go either way, but I don't see it as any type of priority.
Cat Haines

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:46 pm

It wouldn't exactly affect my game but I don't think it would fit into any part of the game...

and this... :facepalm:

Not that there's anything wrong with it! My father's gay! :laugh:

No I don't think it's something the devs should bother with but I have no problem with it if they did.
Gill Mackin

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:03 pm

I don't care. As long as its not so obvious is offensive. I think a great example of a gay character is Arcade from New Vegas. He's definitely not obviously gay, its just part of his characteristics. Its respectable because they don't try to make it define him (which IS offensive). I suppose Gay Tony would also be a good example, although I never played that DLC, I heard he was actually a great character.

Exactly what I meant. :)

People need to calm down, nobody is being homophobic. If there's no value in stating that an NPC is gay, why would you? 20% of Cyrodiil's population could be gay, that doesn't mean they have to express it to the player. If it adds to the character, like with Arcade, then it works.

It's like switching the weapon and shield around for some NPCs because it would make sense some are left handed.
M!KkI

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 pm

the only thing that makes me :facepalm: is the amount of homophobia in this thread. :shakehead:

Yeah, what are we going to say? The question is kind of a "meh" if you have seen it. Like asking:
"Do you want there to be bread with butter in the game?"

Is it important? Not in the game. If you say "no" its kinda weird (What? You gotta problem with bread with buttter?). If you say "yes" its also kinda weird (It will change the game from bottom to up! HOLY [censored]!), since its really a pretty stupid question.

If there is homosixuality in the game then hopefully its implemented discreetly and funnily. If its not implemented in the game then... yeah. No big harm done.
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Nobody is talking like this, you're just making crap up. Serious question, you trollin'?

I'm pretty sure he's just joking.

In all seriousness, I agree with the one poster who said this should be locked. It has nothing to with my feelings on the subject, simply the fact that these threads most of the time end *very* badly.
Austin Suggs

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:46 am

the only thing that makes me :facepalm: is the amount of homophobia in this thread. :shakehead:

Indeed, its pretty amazing the kind of reaction a poll like this gets... Very sad.
Tyler F

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Nobody is talking like this, you're just making crap up. Serious question, you trollin'?

Wow, get a sense of humor... Or learn to be more perceptive and clever... He's clearly not trolling, he's simply mocking the notion of political correctness and pandering to every conceivable minority, and the ridiculousness of offense generated when someone forgets a minority.
Mimi BC

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Hey, I'm not against gays or anything, but your argument is pretty stupid. Because of this: Pedophilia has existed in every culture in every time period, it's part of human nature whether some of you like it or not, so putting it somewhere in Skyrim would make the world more believable, it's hypocritical to say there should be teleiophiles but not pedophiles.

Hey there was necrophilia hinted at in oblivion and seeing as there are no kids in TES...
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Yeah... this is sooo not going to get re-opened. :stare:

I may review the 20 or so posts I deleted to see if any warnings need to be handed out as well. So that will be fun.
Lizs

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim