Being a Vampire Lord and a regular Vamp

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:16 am

If it makes spells 25% more effective against the undead, then how does it improve armor enchantments and potions? Those aren't spells.

Enchantments definitely ARE spells. You don't cast them, but they're considered as such. Potions...well. The game essentially considers all active effects a "spell", even if it really shouldn't be. This extends to potions, food (I think), and probably even diseases/poisons. The last two vampires don't have to worry about, anyway.
Austin England

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm

"One does not simply confirm unreleased content."
Without being sued by the most awesome company ever, that is.

Edit: Although a gameplay video might give you a better picture.

yeah I know i wont see any actual confirmation until tuesday, I was basically just phishing for anything more concrete the a "probably" answer. :biggrin:
aisha jamil

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:27 pm

yeah I know i wont see any actual confirmation until tuesday, I was basically just phishing for anything more concrete the a "probably" answer. :biggrin:

If I had a guess, I'd say the mechanics are VERY similar to that of a werewolf, with a few adjustments. But that's a guess.
Jose ordaz

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 am

Some of the Vampire Lord perks carry over supposedly to your normal form.

Like the blood healing one, I'd assume.

Feeding in combat restores all your HP.

In my opinion..in older TES..you got more benefits from not feeding than you did from feeding which was unrealistic for most Vampire Lore.

Finally there is a reason to feed because you get perks in the Vampire Lord skill tree and in essence get stronger.
Toby Green

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:22 am

Yeah i wonder what is the point in feeding as a regular vampire now if you will no longer be attacked in regular form
Amy Smith

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah i wonder what is the point in feeding as a regular vampire now if you will no longer be attacked in regular form
I know right?

Who needs perks in the Vampire Lord skill tree and who needs to save potions for when you really need them and just feed on random awake people?
Steeeph

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:21 am

I know right?

Who needs perks in the Vampire Lord skill tree and who needs to save potions for when you really need them and just feed on random awake people?
I thought you could only get the perks in the vampire lord form?
Jesus Lopez

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:21 pm

I thought you could only get the perks in the vampire lord form?
The guy at E3 said feeding in normal form and vampire form gives points to the Vampire Lord skill tree (one of the reasons they added new feeding animations for feeding on awake enemies/villagers other than adding them to appease the fans)..Vampire Lord has its own set of feeding animations as well.

Blood healing one of the perks in the VL Skill tree seems like it'd carry over to your normal form..since its..

"Feeding in combat fully restores your HP"

The guy at E3 didn't say if feeding on a sleeping person will level up the skill tree which leads me to think you have to kill people through feeding which is what the new feeding animations does.
BRIANNA

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:20 pm

The guy at E3 said feeding in normal form and vampire form gives points to the Vampire Lord skill tree (one of the reasons they added new feeding animations for feeding on awake enemies/villagers other than adding them to appease the fans)..Vampire Lord has its own set of feeding animations as well.

Blood healing one of the perks in the VL Skill tree seems like it'd carry over to your normal form..since its..

The guy at E3 didn't say if feeding on a sleeping person will level up the skill tree which leads me to think you have to kill people through feeding which is what the new feeding animations does.
Oh okay cool
Miragel Ginza

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:22 am

Mmhm.
Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:12 am

I'm thinking they should just get rid of those 4 stages thing. I don't see the point to any of of stages now. Plus it's to similar to the vamps from Oblivion.
Lily

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 am

Oh that's a bad thing for a certain breed of gamer. For some into Vampire role play, they don't want power. They want to feel vulnerable and inhuman. They're monsters and they want to feel like monsters, shunned by polite society. Vampire: The Masquerade gets this kind of flack nowadays with the new editions, which turned Vampires into superheroes with a lethal allergy to sunlight.

If this was WoD all the sparkly vampire passifist posers would either be forced to go berserk and sate their bloodlust on the closest human they could find, possably several, or slip into a non-playable coma. I say 'amen' to the new vamps and a return to blood thirsty horror story roots.
Hayley O'Gara

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim