CD Projekt RED now worth over $1 billion dollars (USD)

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:02 pm

CD Projekt RED is now worth over $1 billion dollars (USD).

Since the beginning of 2016 their share price went up 67%.

The rest of their financial information can be read here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270744

It's time for ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks to release all of their video games for sale on gog.com, because gog.com is earning them so much money in sales, besides The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

There is no way absolutely no way ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks can ignore now selling all of their video games on gog.com.

CD Projekt RED might even pay the The Terminatior license holders and ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks to release the The Terminatior video games for sale on gog.com.

Monika Fiolek

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:35 pm

And apparently some of that money goes towards paying you to be their mouthpiece, since just about every post I see from you is bigging up CDPR.

I don;t see how CDPR being worth a billion dollars translates to Zenimax and Bethesda having to put there ips on GoG. I'm not seeing the correlation other than they should put the games on GoG to help CDPR make even more money?

Not having them on GoG doesn't seem to have hurt Zenimax's profits one iota.

Matt Terry

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Bethesda did not become a successful company by being stupid. If they don't have all their games on GoG it's for a good reason.
Britta Gronkowski

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:17 am

It's because I don't like seeing Steam be a monopoly.

I mean in the last few years Steam's monopoly on the video games market has shrunk, but I would like to see more AAA video games be sold on gog.com.

The AAA video games being sold on both gog.com and Steam will be a very good thing and every PC gamer wins with this being a reality.

Also this CD Projekt RED being worth $1 billion dollars (USD) doesn't mean CD Projekt RED has $1 billion dollars (USD). It's what they are worth.

CD Projekt RED is part of CD Projekt which is a video games development company on the Polish stock market.

In August of 2015 ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks released The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for sale on gog.com. It has 22,000+ votes on gog.com's community video games wishlist. I think The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind has sold 300,000+ copies on gog.com so far. While on Steam it has sold 1,000,000+ million copies. In the next four years The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind can catch up to the sales of the Steam version.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim I can also see selling 1,000,000+ million copies on gog.com.

Of course ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks won't have their profits hurt for not selling their video games on gog.com, but they can earn more money just by selling them on gog.com.

That's why I'm excited about CD Projekt RED, because of them and gog.com the PC video games market is at a even brighter future competing with Steam.

Unless you only want Steam to just exist?

Sakura Haruno

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:55 am

What good reason is that? there is absolutely no good reason to ignore gog.com today.

Sure, maybe in like 2011 it was, but gog.com keeps on growing. Gog.com earned more money in 2016 than the last seven years when they started in 2008.

Minako

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:43 pm

Cool. Give us a release date for Cyber punk and I'll pre-order the hell out of it.

As for gog......uh, no comment. Never used it before. :P

candice keenan

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:37 pm

And who says they are ignoring GOG? I never did. A company does not stay in the black by making stupid decisions. That means if Bethesda has games that are not in GoG there is a reason behind it.
vicki kitterman

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 am

Ok.. so I'd like to point out that despite not operating on gog.com, Bethesda sold far more Fallout 4 copies then CD Projekt RED sold Witcher 3 copies. So, what is the incentive exactly? Not to mention, the population that says "I won't buy that game, because I can only buy it on steam" is so minuscule that it doesn't matter. Most people will just go to steam anyways just so they can play the game.

Melly Angelic

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Sad but true. Bethesda's games are selling very well. No doubt a lot of people would switch from Steam to GOG if Beth games were sold on both platforms, but, from Beth's viewpoint, I don't think the small amount of potential new customers from GOG outweighs their theoretical downside of losing sales due to lack of DRM on GOG.

XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:01 pm

I actually would really like them to put fallout 3 on gog, i can't get it to run for crap on windows 10...although if i recall fallout 3 might just be super prone to crashing. I have no problem using gog, although i mainly use it for the older games that they've gotten to run on newer systems. Steam is my preferred platform to buy games from, but options are always nice.

Nick Swan

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 am

And I agree with you. My sore point is that Ballows thinks that Bethesda is ignoring(his words) GoG, and I'm saying that fhere is a reasn for Bethesda not selling their games over there. When a bucket load of money is involved, decisions are not made lightly.

This "Valve is an evil empire" mentality gets old.
Emily Rose

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:56 pm

70+ million gog.com accounts made is not a small amount of PC gamer customers.

Sure all 70+ million PC gamer accounts won't be purchasing all of the ZeniMax Media inc. and Bethesda Softworks published video games, but I bet they can get something like 3+ million or 5+ million copies total of their video games sold.

Steam has a total of 300+ million accounts made. Out of those 300+ million Steam accounts made only 125+ million have been active daily. This was over a year ago. That number could of dropped by now.

The same thing can be said for the 24+ million active gog.com accounts.

Still it doesn't make sense for ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks to ignore those few extra millions of dollars (USD) they can earn.

mollypop

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:59 am

I think thats why they focus on selling older games on gog. Without drm it is probably much harder to justify selling newer games on the platform. Thats gog's big selling point, they don't have drm. Game publishers are terrified of piracy, why would they want to open themselves up to more?

Cool Man Sam

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:36 pm

Because 99% of the people who are on GOG and are also interested in Bethesda's games are already buying them on Steam. 3-5 million more customers seems like a huge overestimation to me, but you could be right. By the way, I am happy for CD Projekt RED (although that has got to be the worst company name ever), I loved The Witcher 3, I like GOG a lot, and I definitely want to see it grow.

Amy Melissa

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:02 am

Something to bear in mind: a whole lot of us play Steam games offline. We aren't counted in that "active daily" statistic. (Despite having played Skyrim for over 2000 hours Steam thinks I've only played the game for 45 minutes). I play my library of Steam games almost every day, but I haven't logged onto Steam itself in four years (I last logged into Steam in order to purchase the Dragonborn DLC).

So that 125+ million statistic is almost certainly going to be low.

Lauren Denman

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:26 pm

There was another financial report earlier this year saying gog.com would get two AAA video games released for sale day one with Steam before 2015 ends.

They never said the names of those two AAA video games though.

It can be any of these video games.

Dishonored 2

Mafia III

Great shows how much I keep up with AAA video games these days. What are the names of other AAA video games?

It can't be from Electronic Arts (EA) because they are with Origin for now.

And it won't be Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered for sure.

It's not Deus Ex: Mankind Divided because that just released for sale.

Lavender Brown

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:19 pm

thats exactly it, there is a reason none of the major dev Studios put their New games on GoG, they see DRM as a necessity..

add that to, if the majority of gamers want to play a game, they will just buy it regardless of distribution method.. the actually percentage of people who won't buy a game unless its on GoG is so small its really not worth the loss of DRM protection to studios

in this case, it seems its less "Valve is Evil", and more of Ballowers somehow thinking CDPR is the second coming.. he praises everything they do and ignores all their shady business decisions, while pointing out every shady decision of every other game company

Ballowers, those numbers are pointless because you are ignoring a VERY IMPORTANT issue with those statistics..

the vast Majority of those people with GoG accounts ALSO have a Steam account.. they are NOT mutually exclusive from one another.. as stated, the majority of gamers will buy a game if they want it regardless of its distribution platform.. if its not on GoG, most of those users will log into their Steam/UPlay/Origin/Blizznet account and buy it there..

so yeah, the additional profits your claiming is so far off its funny, because the amount of people who would "only buy it off GoG" is so small its not worth the loss of benefits DRM provides

there is a reason no AAA studios put their new games on it, but do willingly put their older ones..

Tasha Clifford

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:52 pm

Nice, both of you and fantasyjunkie jump on me saying that I said VALVe is a evil empire or saying one video game company has shady business practices while another one doesn't.

VALVe with ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks have done shady business practices with the paid mods and the poor customer service for VALVe.

CD Projekt RED I can't figure out what shady business practice they have done other than the downgraded graphics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? Which isn't true because the graphics were never downgraded. Oh there's that stunt gog.com pulled in 2010 saying they will go out of business. If you want to say that's a shady business tactic?

All business in existence have done shady practices.

Anyways I don't want to get off topic.

Zualett

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:49 pm

I imagine that they will get some aaa games. I don't think they will get all the new releases for quite some time due to the lack of drm scaring away some publishers. They might eventually get every company on board if enough data shows that drm doesn't really prevent piracy...but i don't imagine that will be for a few years.

Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:41 pm

I dunno, it is fairly evil. I'm ambivalent, I'm not going so far as to refuse to use it at all, but when I do it is somewhat begrudgingly as their terms and conditions are fairly unpalatable: I guess I just hit the "I agree" button on these agreements on the basis that I'm certainly going to get the legal minimum which is the minimum they can legally offer, but Valve are a bit too insistent that I should still get less than that. But on the other hand they're not EA, who are worse.

Bethesda (or perhaps more correctly Zenimax) can be an odd creature though, and has always been very lawyer-heavy when it comes to doing anything at all, so it may not even be anything to do with the potential for lost sales: I can't imagine either FO3 or Oblivion are a significant enough revenue stream to even bother recording 10 years after the fact but we're still at the "but maybe piracy!" impasse, or intellectual property or copyright or whatever's the paranoia du jour. Which I can understand to an extent with current, top-tier games but it is getting a bit unnecessary.

I guess I see GoG as being an attempt to redress the balance of a situation that's been tilted in favour of publishers and against their customers for much too long, but I don't necessarily see them as our saviour. Then again, I also don't see them as a very naughty boy.

FITTAS

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:23 am

that wasn't the entirety of my post, but if thats all you want to acknowledge i guess thats your prerogative..

they have done several, and I can name many of them if you would like, but I will start with the most well known

making a big fuss about having the OSTs included with some games available in .FLAC, but not telling anyone those .FLAC's were simply converted .MP3's.. as a result, that completely negated all the benefits of a lossless audio format, but they didn't tell anyone simply because they thought "people like us, so they won't notice" (something thts pretty common in most of their more shady decisions)..

stephanie eastwood

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:33 pm

anyways, since OP seemed to have ignored most of the post i spent time typing out and focused entirely on one sentence, ill repost it

Markie Mark

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:16 pm

I didn't ignore that comment you made.

As I said to whiteguy1x, gog.com has at least two AAA video games to be released for sale on gog.com before 2016 ends.

Also No Man's Sky was released day one with Steam. I'm not sure if No Man's Sky is also a AAA video game, but it has a price of $60 dollars (USD) and had a lot of push and marketing by SONY.

Alkira rose Nankivell

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:22 pm

good question.. I know it was hyped as much one, but the studio was supposedly pretty small and this was their first game as far as I am aware..

I actually don't know if NMS would be considered AAA or not... sort of seems to big to be indie, to small to be AAA.. is a AA game a thing? :P

matt white

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Also No Man's Sky is likely becoming this generations version of E.T. video game from the Atari years. It might not be as bad as E.T. but it does have a nasty taste of whats wrong with the marketing of games. There are a lot of allegations lying to the public about what is in the game and a lot of people feel they have been ripped off and lied to.

Ladymorphine

Next

Return to Othor Games