PS3 Release for Dawnguard, DLC etc... #38

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Oh they're making money. From microsoft under-the-table deals. Evil company? In much the same way as energy companies aren't 'evil'.
They just don't give two hoots about customers, just money. Not evil, just immoral.
renee Duhamel

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 am

New vegas still lagged. Had to use the terminal outside of the gun runners to send everyone home not waiting in the lucky 38.
Rush jobs and money grabs are all this company cares about.
Gisela Amaya

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

MS has high skill level in the school of speech, They are easily able to bribe..errh .... persuade. :biggrin:
Queen of Spades

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm

G-embryos: Yup it's amazing what you can do with a brown envelope isn't it?
matt oneil

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm

New vegas still lagged. Had to use the terminal outside of the gun runners to send everyone home not waiting in the lucky 38.
Rush jobs and money grabs are all this company cares about.

but one thing still bethesda didn't produce new vegas Obsidian Entertainment made it. sure they published it.
Cartoon

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:22 pm

i cant believe i have survived 38 threads. Guys...I dont know if I can survive to #50 Lets hope Magic 40 will be the thread! Keep you heads held high. At least they are making progress. I WANT DAWNGUARD!!! Just like the rest of you....but we are just going to have to wait a little longer. Rome wasn't built in a day.
I'm sorry....but i honestly dont believe Bethesda is an EVIL company that is just trying stick it to the PS3 community. They have better things to do like Make money. Do you HONESTLY think that they are doing this to us on PURPOSE?? I'm sorry....but these are nothing more than Conspiracy theories...which i have always thought are nothing but trash.

I agree that some of the negative conspiracy posts are rather crazy. But if we're going that way we have to say the other end of the spectrum is rather crazy too. To simply say, "At least they are making progress." is just as crazy. There is no evidence of this. Dawnguard has not been released, a release date hasn't been given. They have simply stated that they are working on bringing content to PS3 and PC. So, they've been working on it since the summer. How is that "making progress"?

Not to mention, how is everyone excited about "working on bringing content to PS3 and PC"???? What does that even mean. It in itself doesn't make sense. PC already has Dawnguard and Hearthfire.

I look at the simple facts of the matter. Bethesda has been favoring Xbox due to a deal they made. They have given no information or details out. They are the brunt of jokes. Black Ops II came out and had problems with the PS3. First thing they got a letter out to PS3 users that popped up explaining things. In a news article it was commented that Treyarch obviously didn't want to end up like Bethesda.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future with Bethesda now.
m Gardner

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 am

Aye Obsidian made it to a ridiulous time frame set by Beth. Given more time Obsidian would've done a far better job despite the shoddy game-bryo engine!
RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Aye Obsidian made it to a ridiulous time frame set by Beth. Given more time Obsidian would've done a far better job despite the shoddy game-bryo engine!

Since learning my PC can Play games like FO3 and FONV i'll be spending money on them and then heavly modding the two.
Romy Welsch

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Raist11: Unless Beth intends on running it's operations into the ground and mothballing what's going to happen is they're just going to reinforce the idea that Bethesda is a by-word for crap game!
They're already a joke as you say Treyarch have hinted at.
When this company folds they'll be a parable told to future developers to scare them iinto being good at their jobs!
Robyn Lena

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 pm

In which case Ryu the mod community probably fixed all the bugs Beth couldn't! Sadly my PC is completely fried and economics being what they are I can't afford to fix it.
Vincent Joe

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 am

In which case Ryu the mod community probably fixed all the bugs Beth couldn't! Sadly my PC is completely fried and economics being what they are I can't afford to fix it.

oh they did the unoffical patch is a life saver it'll be nice to acutally beat New Vegas, I never had becasue how it crapped out on me on the PS3, FO3 ran fine at times then other times not so much.
Kelly James

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 am

I agree, at this rate Bethesda's going to be an example of not WHAT to do. And it's less that they're evil, more that they half assed the job (Why put more effort in when you can pump it out in less time with less effort), and prayed it would hold together. Spoiler: It didn't, so they're faced with this mess they sincerely wished they did not end up with. Could it have been avoided? Sure, but why put in the effort when half assing has worked for your three previous games?
In short, they're in over their heads, treading into a puddle and finding it much, much, much deeper than they anticipated.

Also, Kudos to ResidentPianist, J'zargo for Archmage! (also, am I the only one disapointed you couldn't marry him?)
Haley Cooper

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I managed to limp through new vegas for the plat on PS3. Looks like I got off lightly after a few patches! Had to stop playing for months on that game because of the problems and no internet connection at the time. So had to take the PS round to my mates house to download patches...
Sammykins

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I managed to limp through new vegas for the plat on PS3. Looks like I got off lightly after a few patches! Had to stop playing for months on that game because of the problems and no internet connection at the time. So had to take the PS round to my mates house to download patches...

I couldn't even limp through new vegas........
Allison Sizemore

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 am

I agree, at this rate Bethesda's going to be an example of not WHAT to do. And it's less that they're evil, more that they half assed the job (Why put more effort in when you can pump it out in less time with less effort), and prayed it would hold together. Spoiler: It didn't, so they're faced with this mess they sincerely wished they did not end up with. Could it have been avoided? Sure, but why put in the effort when half assing has worked for your three previous games?
In short, they're in over their heads, treading into a puddle and finding it much, much, much deeper than they anticipated.

Also, Kudos to ResidentPianist, J'zargo for Archmage! (also, am I the only one disapointed you couldn't marry him?)

I don't know, have Bethesda half assed the job? Every game has problems, Black Ops II had problems but it doesn't seem to be an issue. Why is that? I personally believe it's because of openness and sharing information. Bethesda has been so tight lipped. Most of their so called "updates" have been just saying, Oh we can't tell you anything but rest assured there's something. And then I see all these people get excited. They haven't actually said anything, how can a person get excited about that??

But I believe this has been the root cause of all the hatred for them.. lack of information. I think their first action should be corrective action for Pete Hines for mishandling things (or whoever is in charge of that sort of thing). Perhaps this is due to the agreement they made with Xbox. Hopefully other companies will learn from the mistakes Bethesda has made. Hopefully other companies will see that these are mistakes that Bethesda has made.
Naughty not Nice

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm

After New Vegas I didn't even want Skyrim! I only got it cause the girlfriend wanted it, I told her her it'd be full of bugs etc. Her reply "But I love Oblivion and that works fine!" So I swallowed BS about "new engine" "level of rity" tonnes of tention". And here we are, nearly thread 40 waiting for information on "something we're not sure we can fix"!

The "we're not sure we can fix" bit mak me shake my head every time:

Surgeon: Well Mrs Jones we opened up your husband, pulled a few things out put a few bits in...
Mrs Jones: Yes... *begins to sob*
Surgeon: Now we're not sure we can fix him, we' give you more news when we have it...
Mrs Jones: When will that be?
Surgeon: Sometime after the funeral probably, we've called on God and he'spopping in later with a note n our eternal damnation.
Mrs Jone: How does that help?
Surgeon: doesn't I'll tweet you lat as I get updates about the job I shoulddoing but I'll be watching football so I'll be mostly tweeting about that!
Kat Ives

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim