PS3 Release for Dawnguard, DLC etc... #38

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 am

Feel free to discuss the delay for the PS3 format, complain or express your concerns - provided you abide by the forum rules. Keep it constructive and civil.

This is not the forum or the thread for you to flame. Flaming or otherwise inappropriate comments will result in a warning with suspension from the forum.

When this thread gets close to the 200 post mark, feel free to report it. A moderator will start a new thread.

Some other relevant information:

http://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/266310798173941760

------------------------------------------------

It's new content for those specified platforms.

We're not getting into the specifics of what content is being released right now, but we are working on bringing content to PS3 and PC. It'll be content that's not already on those platforms.

To be clear, the tweet means there is new content for PS3 and PC users.

Mounted combat came within a title update. This is more than a title update.

No, not yet. But it is add-on content.
It has been http://www.bethblog.com/2012/08/02/dawnguard-ps3-update/ that the PS3 version will be delayed a bit as they are still working to ensure acceptable performance on the platform.

Gstaff, on 30 August 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1413248-ps3-release-for-dawnguard-thread-23/# to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

Additional information from Pete Hines in response to Dawnguard:

"Yes, it’s just doesn’t perform well in all scenarios. Some folks would be fine, some would not.”

One of Bethesda’s top PR execs, Pete Hines, (who holds the position of VP of PR and marketing), tweeted to a question that concerned the release date, saying, “No, we will not release it if we can’t get the performance to an ‘acceptable’ standard. Our stance on this has not changed.”

According to Gstaff http://www.bethblog.com/2012/10/04/hearthfire-available-on-steam/comment-page-1/#comment-278242:

Friday, October 5, 2012 at 10:57 am:

We haven’t given up. We’re still working to see what’s possible.

Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:15 pm:

Our team is still working to make PS3 content available on PS and doing everything possible to make it a possibility.
Katy Hogben

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Any news?
Bigze Stacks

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 am

Thread 38 ... Damn this svcks lol
Shelby Huffman

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:34 pm

The only news as usuall is Xbox news. I wish Bethesda would get their finger out and give some solid information.

If wishes were ponies... mounted combat wouldn't be glitchy...
Tamara Dost

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm

The latest news would be "Were working on it". :confused:
Kayla Keizer

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:02 am

NEWS would be proof they've DONE something other than prevaracate and procrastinate! :biggrin:
I really do believe that Betesda thinks these delays are acceptable.

like a prima donna singer turning up 2hrs late for a gig, we don't care for apologies JUST SING!
ijohnnny

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 pm

The latest news would be "Were working on it". :confused:

What an excellent example of their hard labor :facepalm:

Way to let us down :(
SiLa

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 am

Thread 38...here we are
WYatt REed

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:52 pm

LAtest news on Bethblog: PS3 DLC release thread is still going and we haven't given them anything! Cast your vote now for insensitive uncaring tweet of the year! :biggrin:
Paula Ramos

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:45 am

What's the Vegas odds that the 360 gets DLC #4 before the PS3 gets their first one?
liz barnes

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm

What's the Vegas odds that the 360 gets DLC #4 before the PS3 gets their first one?

21 to one?
Maeva

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Vegas wouldn't take the odds, it's practically a dead cert!

That's if you can get into Vegas due to bugs and glitches and useless engine :biggrin:
Naughty not Nice

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Personally, as an Xbox user I feel guilty everytime I purchase a DLC, because Bethesda have just royally screwed you PS3 guys so badly. It's beyond a joke now, it's utterly appalling. In my opinion Bethesda have a cheek to expect you guys to even pay for the past 2 DLCs, if Dragonborn comes out on time for you, then fair enough but you guys deserve a serious ass kissing for being as patient as you have waiting for this, those of you who have actually stuck with Beth.
Chavala

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Are we talking New Vegas odds? How was the DLC distributed among the systems for that game? My guess is it'll be worse than New Vegas odds. Lol
Nienna garcia

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 am

Ass kicking? No. The DLC we've been waiting for yes. Beth needs the ass kicking and I've just put my boots on!
carley moss

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 pm

,_, I was going to suggest a simply protest but that seems out the window now um.....<.<....>.> have fun?
Michelle Smith

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Just out of curiosity how much of a bung do you all think M$ gave Beth to further tarnish their reputation on PS3?
Leonie Connor

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 am

i cant believe i have survived 38 threads. Guys...I dont know if I can survive to #50 Lets hope Magic 40 will be the thread! Keep you heads held high. At least they are making progress. I WANT DAWNGUARD!!! Just like the rest of you....but we are just going to have to wait a little longer. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Rob Smith

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 am

Are we talking New Vegas odds? How was the DLC distributed among the systems for that game? My guess is it'll be worse than New Vegas odds. Lol
What happened with New Vegas?? how long did it take?
Jason Rice

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:29 pm

i cant believe i have survived 38 threads. Guys...I dont know if I can survive to #50 Lets hope Magic 40 will be the thread! Keep you heads held high. At least they are making progress. I WANT DAWNGUARD!!! Just like the rest of you....but we are just going to have to wait a little longer. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm surpised I've stuck around for as long as I have, my vote is..we make it to thread 51 and beyond. my head is held low..casue I have no light above me so it's hard to see the keyboard. I'd hope so.....I really...really want a crossbow and like three homes one shall be my hideout, one shall be stoage and third will be my home away from solitude.
danni Marchant

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:07 am

They're making progress? Really? The only progress they're making is in alienating and frustrating PS3 users.

If they had made any kind of significant progress then they'd have information to share.
How many times have we been told "when there's information to share we'll be sure to let you guys know"?
Do we have any information? No. Ergo no progress. That's how I see it at least.
Carlos Rojas

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:38 pm

New Vegas took months for them to fix, less time than this. About 8 months I think.
Then they bolted on half baked bits to that engine and made Skyrim. Hence the further delays.

By fix I mean 'make it so you could go into New Vegas itself', the game's still riddled with bugs and crashes.
Madeleine Rose Walsh

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 pm

They're making progress? Really? The only progress they're making is in alienating and frustrating PS3 users.

If they had made any kind of significant progress then they'd have information to share.
How many times have we been told "when there's information to share we'll be sure to let you guys know"?
Do we have any information? No. Ergo no progress. That's how I see it at least.
I'm sorry....but i honestly dont believe Bethesda is an EVIL company that is just trying stick it to the PS3 community. They have better things to do like Make money. Do you HONESTLY think that they are doing this to us on PURPOSE?? I'm sorry....but these are nothing more than Conspiracy theories...which i have always thought are nothing but trash.
Genocidal Cry

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:16 am

New Vegas took months for them to fix, less time than this. About 8 months I think.
Then they bolted on half baked bits to that engine and made Skyrim. Hence the further delays.

By fix I mean 'make it so you could go into New Vegas itself', the game's still riddled with bugs and crashes.

what fix...I could never make it inside new vegas without it freezeing or lagging so terribly I forced my self to shut my PS3 off. no Idea how I beat all the DLC's
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 am

Personally, as an Xbox user I feel guilty everytime I purchase a DLC, because Bethesda have just royally screwed you PS3 guys so badly. It's beyond a joke now, it's utterly appalling. In my opinion Bethesda have a cheek to expect you guys to even pay for the past 2 DLCs, if Dragonborn comes out on time for you, then fair enough but you guys deserve a serious ass kissing for being as patient as you have waiting for this, those of you who have actually stuck with Beth.

I'm with this guy.

I expect some serious compensation for this crap. I would BARELY consider paying $15 for both Dawnguard and Hearthfire.
BRAD MONTGOMERY

Next

Return to V - Skyrim