Should I take Boone instead of Arcade Gannon?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 am

I like Veronica myself. I had Boone for a bit. He's good at killing stuff, but he's a bit boring. I find that Veronica is extremely well-equipped to dish out melee damage. If you get the mod that allows her to level up (It has to be a bug that she doesn't level up without it) and give her some power armor (which she can wear without any effort on your part), then she becomes a beast. I don't worry about fighting anything other than deathclaws. Everything else I snipe, until it runs up on me. That's when Veronica runs in and punches its face off. If there are multiply enemies, they rush her and I pick them off from range. I enjoy her company as well. She does complain a lot about taking my rifle away from me everytime I use it, though. I had Cassidy for one playthrough. She is entertaining as well. I never gave her a proper weapon though, so she was weak, by comparison.

I find that entertainment quality is more important than overall combat ability. Since my character is usually combat-oriented, it becomes overkill to have someone like Boone. Plus, Boone is boring to me. The cliché doesn't bother me. I just want the guy to say more than one word. He's supposed to be a companion, not a stranger. Either warm up or [censored] off. I don't have time to tour the wasteland looking for your past life.

Just get the OH Baby! and give it to her and give her the Brotherhood 45d with Rements helmet
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Boone is a beast. He will kill just about anything in one shot. It's crazy, but it gets boring. My favorite companion by far is veronica. She has just as much firepower as Boone but she cant kill stuff until it gets close which lets me kill some too. Also she has so much more personality than Boone and I can kill NCR when I feel like it.
W E I R D

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:50 am

Yea boone is a bit boring. I will be definetly trying out other followers.
kirsty williams

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:30 am

I give Boone the All-American and watch him eat enemies. Good times.

Arcade is kind of cool too, and his loot from his quest is solid.

I spent most of my first playthrough will Boone, with a fair bit of Cass and enough of each companion to complete their quests. (Except Lily - does she have a quest?)

I like Raul a fair bit - his perk is probably the most useful IMO - and Danny Trejo (thats his name, right? The voice actor?) is badass. I always give Raul a machete. He never uses it, but I know its there. :D
Sharra Llenos

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 am

I had Boone for a long time and he is a beast he kills everything but it gets annoying cuzz I want kills to, also he's very boring to me.

With Veronicca I feel like I have to protect her all the time and she's just dumb.

My favorite is Raul he's a mexican zombie cowboy mechanic he's funny as hell and if you give him power armor and helmet(so you don't have to look at his face) then give him either a minigun or a cowboy repeater he is a good help but also let's you get kills.
Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 am

My thoughts exactly regarding Boone. And to be honest, this was one of the main reasons I liked him. It was an enjoyable challenge unlocking his past, and a rewarding feeling to think that I'd managed to earn the trust of someone that had shut out those closest to him. A sad story though, as he's clearly a good guy but feels he's being punished for something beyond his control. He's also a beast in a fight, picks enemies off way before I've even seen them. His perk is also very useful. Good if you're going for a sniper type character IMO.

Yes, thank you for saying this. I'm still baffled that people could just write his character off as "emo". Really now? That word trivializes everything Boone went through, which being major traumatizing events , makes the use of such a word even more ridiculous. Now I did try Arcade Gannon for an hour or so and simply wasn't drawn to his character. It may be the voice---I really don't know---but I'll spend more time with him on my second playthrough and hopefully unlock his quest, which I once thought was nonexistent.
Hot

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas