Skyrim Pregnancy

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Now, now, dont be so harsh on fable, it had a FEW redeemable qualities.

The first one was pretty fun...but back then I had never played TES. Fable doesn't stack up well.

I take it you were on the side of those mechanics that didn't involve stretch marks, back aches, episiotomy, or lactation.

Regardless, I meant the mechanics of it in a game of course.

Yeah, I was just making a joke. I agree with you, that there's little point in having pregnancy in the game. Who the hell wants a pregnancy simulation from either side of the pregnancy?

That's what i meant. The personal interaction is just not there

Agreed.
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:13 pm

The first one was pretty fun...but back then I had never played TES. Fable doesn't stack up well.

To be fair, they shouldn't be stacked up against one another. They both might be (debatable) RPGs but they go about things quite differently. I only brought up Fable 3 as an example of a game that handled pregnancy well enough for a female character (and by this I mean it didn't take them out of the game).

I don't want pregnancy as far as the PC is concerned though, adopting one of the brats from Honorhall Orphanage will do just fine for me.
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:24 pm

What happens if you're playing a female and she marries a dude? Whaddaya do with your character for those nine in-game days?

Reduced mobility and stats for the duration. After all, there are mods for that :hehe: Not for Skyrim though. Yet ;)
Kit Marsden

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:54 am

Now, now, dont be so harsh on fable, it had a FEW redeemable qualities.

I'll admit, I think what I love about Skyrim boils down to it being a lot like what Peter Molyneaux promised Fable would be.
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 am

Marriage is fine. No, let me rephrase that. The IDEA of marriage is fine. The marriage present in Skyrim is horrid. But in any case, marriage as the concept in Skyrim is great. It has the potential of allowing deeper character interaction like the characters in Mass Effect or a few of those epic quest mods in Oblivion (Heart of the Dead, Tears of the Fiend, etc.)

I can see sixy times as also an addition, just for the same sake as Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 2. Oh yeah, speaking of Fallout 2, The marriage feature (and by feature I mean the choice of two people, a guy or a girl) was hilariously implemented and it gave you a companion at the cost of your dignity. Marriage was actually seamlessly integrated rather than being a stock thing. Better than Fable but can't compare to Bioware.

However, pregnancy? NO NO NO NO NO NO. People who play with girl characters would have to either deal with realism loss as a third trimester woman is fighting dragons with a two handed hammer or a loss in gameplay with Dovahkiin sitting at home doing nothing. Or losing time and having to wait.

And what about abortion? Skipping out on your wedding is in Skyrim. What about abortion? I have my stance and others have theirs. The last thing we need are more idiots complaining about video games on Fox. What about the child growing up? What about Khajiit - Human interbreeding? That's pretty lore bending.

Adoption, I'm fine with. Pregnancy, leave it to the Sims.
Craig Martin

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Marriage is fine. No, let me rephrase that. The IDEA of marriage is fine. The marriage present in Skyrim is horrid. But in any case, marriage as the concept in Skyrim is great. It has the potential of allowing deeper character interaction like the characters in Mass Effect or a few of those epic quest mods in Oblivion (Heart of the Dead, Tears of the Fiend, etc.)

I can see sixy times as also an addition, just for the same sake as Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 2. Oh yeah, speaking of Fallout 2, The marriage feature (and by feature I mean the choice of two people, a guy or a girl) was hilariously implemented and it gave you a companion at the cost of your dignity. Marriage was actually seamlessly integrated rather than being a stock thing. Better than Fable but can't compare to Bioware.

However, pregnancy? NO NO NO NO NO NO. People who play with girl characters would have to either deal with realism loss as a third trimester woman is fighting dragons with a two handed hammer or a loss in gameplay with Dovahkiin sitting at home doing nothing. Or losing time and having to wait.

And what about abortion? Skipping out on your wedding is in Skyrim. What about abortion? I have my stance and others have theirs. The last thing we need are more idiots complaining about video games on Fox. What about the child growing up? What about Khajiit - Human interbreeding? That's pretty lore bending.

Adoption, I'm fine with. Pregnancy, leave it to the Sims.
It's not lore bending for a Khajiit to have a kid with someone that isn't Khajiiti. They can breed with elves, for one. The Real Barenziah would like a word with you. Also, if it's lore bending to have Khajiit have a child with a non-Khajiit, better bar them from marriage in general. I'm not advocating the topic's request nor do I want it in the game.
TWITTER.COM

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Every once in a while you read something on line that makes you stop, and starting twirling your moustache in a contemplative manner, trying to understand what could have inspired someone to write what you just read.
BRIANNA

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:40 pm

It's not lore bending for a Khajiit to have a kid with someone that isn't Khajiiti. They can breed with elves, for one. The Real Barenziah would like a word with you. Also, if it's lore bending to have Khajiit have a child with a non-Khajiit, better bar them from marriage in general. I'm not advocating the topic's request nor do I want it in the game.
*Ahem* There's a difference between having six with something, and actually producing viable offspring.
Bloomer

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 am

Well, given that this is only reported in books - and we know that in-game books can be and sometimes are wrong - they could always say that these were folklore with no basis in reality. Might annoy some people, but it would work.

If they want to stick with those factors, though, the Khajit would be easy enough; just make it so that the next game has planned-out lunar cycles and have the birth affected accordingly. For the Argonians, though, I don't know what they'd do. What do the stories say the effect would be on an Argonian who never had any access to Hist sap?
It doesn't really say. We just know that when the Argonians come of age, they lick the Hist sap and that determines their appearance. But I would assume that an un-Histed Argonian, would look like the Argonians we play/see, since it is unlikely that they were born in Black Marsh.
Ice Fire

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:01 am

I'll admit, I think what I love about Skyrim boils down to it being a lot like what Peter Molyneaux promised Fable would be.
Ah congrats on your first star :biggrin:
Stu Clarke

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 am

No.
Amiee Kent

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:22 pm

If we could see our children grow up, then the entire rest of the world would have to age as well, do you know how hard that would be to program.?
Laura

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:12 pm

When my Nord wife gave birth, I was stunned and confused. It was an egg.

She was cheating on me with Gulum-Ei.

She tried to cover it up and say it was mine. But I'm not an Argonian. I'm not even male.
Joe Bonney

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:43 am

In my opinion, I think they need to improve marriage a bit and bring in a wider diversity of children of different races before they think about pregnancy. Skyrim currently has issues with the marriage system, with some of the race/gender combinations (including High Elves and Redguards) absent, and no Wood Elf or Khajiit NPC in the game can be married at all. There are also currently no Elven or beast race children at all, and probably never will be any in Skyrim, not even in DLC (though the ability to adopt children may get implemented).

Come to think of it, there's a lot of other things in general that should be addressed before they do pregnancy, like spears, flails, and whatnot that will actually enhance the game with less work to implement. Improving marriage and child diversity would be better than focusing on pregnancy, since at least that wouldn't interfere too much with the development of more meaningful features. In other words, unless there is a way to implement pregnancy in less than a week or two of development (which likely isn't possible with current technology), I think they should focus on more important things that are worth their time and effort.
Josh Trembly

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 pm

So I was mindlessly walking around in Whiterun and I saw the puny weakling Lars Battle-Born. I then started thing what if we can get married, get our wives pregnant, 9 in-game days later *Bloop* a baby is born. Once your kid turns a certain age you can give him either the Warrior, Thief, or Mage stone. Depending on which stone you give him he will become a Warrior, Thief, or Mage. And finally 18 weeks after his birth he will offer to be your companion.
I know, I know, this is a pretty crazy idea but I think it's pretty cool, right?
Normally I don't complain about Sims related ideas, but when I do it's because the idea is really bad.

What happens if you're the girl? You end up being stuck in a house for 9 months, give birth, then spend your entire life raising a child?
JD bernal

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 pm

When my Nord wife gave birth, I was stunned and confused. It was an egg.

She was cheating on me with Gulum-Ei.

She tried to cover it up and say it was mine. But I'm not an Argonian. I'm not even male.
Actually, it owuld have been a nord baby, not an egg.
brenden casey

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:01 am

Actually, it owuld have been a nord baby, not an egg.

You can imagine the magnitude of my surprise, then.
laila hassan

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Nope, nothing but a detrimental mechanic to TES.
cassy

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Thumbs down.
Rik Douglas

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim