Survival Mode Beta Up On Steam

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 pm

I should've written a "properly thought out needs system", my bad :P

kennedy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:02 pm

about "too hardcoe".

if the game reaches a state to be called "bugfree", the companion AI supports the mode, and the "hardcoe" feature forcing me to spend half of my (RL) playtime to do such "thrilling" things like sleeping or wandering around is gone... i'd gladly take it.

Chloé

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Hahaha, I agree though. If it was a little more paced out then I would enjoy it a bit more.

I like the idea of water, food and beds actually serving a bigger purpose and so far I like the restrictions imposed. I just have issue with the fact that so far my character is more needy than a newborn baby.

SUck MYdIck

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:31 am

I'm with you man, I had a blast playing skyrim with realistic needs and diseases combined with frostfall. It added so much to the game, and it would have been nice if Beth had added toggles for atleast some of these new features so that everyone could enjoy them to some extent.

It probably won't matter though on the long run coz mods.

brandon frier

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:56 pm

I'll probably skip playing it. I loved the extra immersion hardcoe mode brought in New Vegas, but also liked how I could choose the difficulty.

I wish they had an immersion mode for this and not just a survival mode. You know-- having the need to eat, sleep, drink, while also needing to actually use parts to repair weapons and armor, giving weight to ammo and other items, etc. without having to inflate the difficulty as well.
Charles Weber

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:43 am

You're not being paranoid. With the shift to supporting mods on consoles, it really feels like they're trying to change up how mods work with their games.

The delays on the CK combined with the bits of official comments we've gotten here and there really hint at a future where they have more control over the mods that come out or at least are playable on their games. I imagine they're looking at the Steam Workshop and wondering how they can get access to that level of control over mods.

Only someone very naive thinks that the folks at Bethesda do anything other than cringe whenever there's a story on Kotaku or similar, about any mods from over at LoversLab. It was a story on gaming sites that it only took 1 day for Fallout 4 to get a nvde mod. Only an idiot would want that kind of publicity.

WYatt REed

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Yeah. I'm probably on the same boat as you. I wanted more immersion. I didn't want to play Dark Souls: Fallout edition. I don't want Dark Souls screwing up my Fallout and I don't want Fallout screwing up my Dark Souls.

Monika

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Well put, I was hoping it would still turn out to be more of an immersion mode or at least offer us players that option but nope never mind.

Paula Ramos

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:11 am

thanks answered my question so i can give it a go and if its not for me i can go back cool :)

sarah simon-rogaume

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Fallout is becoming more and more like Sims with Guns.

I even had a Brotherhood Scribe die in my swimming pool in Taffington lol.

lauraa

Previous

Return to Fallout 4