Takedown is....

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:48 am

a really good weapon that belongs in the trash along side with the game plus the retard guy that came with the stupidest idea of all time, the idea of increasing the recoil so it jumps like a frog on meth.
Most of the weapons on this fvcking game (except all the electric ones) are so fvcked up that I'm going to break the game in half and make sure that in all my lifetime nobody buys games made by Crytek idiots.

P.S.
Sorry for the bad words, but in the case of one you forum managers wants to ban my post because of that, just remember one thing, In the actual fvcking game bad words are spoken all the time, (not referring online, but story mode) so it will be really awkward if gets banned. Unless taking that action makes you feel powerful, but in the end your power ends in this forum only.
Ells

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:04 am

a really good weapon that belongs in the trash along side with the game plus the retard guy that came with the stupidest idea of all time, the idea of increasing the recoil so it jumps like a frog on meth.
Most of the weapons on this fvcking game (except all the electric ones) are so fvcked up that I'm going to break the game in half and make sure that in all my lifetime nobody buys games made by Crytek idiots.

P.S.
Sorry for the bad words, but in the case of one you forum managers wants to ban my post because of that, just remember one thing, In the actual fvcking game bad words are spoken all the time, (not referring online, but story mode) so it will be really awkward if gets banned. Unless taking that action makes you feel powerful, but in the end your power ends in this forum only.

I still think the takedown is playable. I use it with a grip,muzzle break and assault scope. I also use the placebo powered aim enhance, maneuverability and retriever.

Though I can't use. It anymore coz of all the AA, MIKE noobs.
Richard

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:09 pm

P.S.

I still think the takedown is playable. I use it with a grip,muzzle break and assault scope. I also use the placebo powered aim enhance, maneuverability and retriever.

True its hard to use some of the more classic wepaons thesedays, aim enhance has become a must for any high recoil wepaons... scar, takedown etc.. still usable, they just require so much more presision to use
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Takedown is borderline usable if you play on PC and take a breather between shots...but even then, the recoil is so absurd that you might as well use Grendel, Scar or DSG instead.

In most sensible shooters the first bullet gives the least recoil and subsequent bullets continue to increase it (to encourage burst firing), but in Crysis 3 the first bullet has like a 3x recoil multiplier for assault rifles. Meanwhile semi-auto guns like Takedown and DSG just have an insane jump between shots that is impossible to compensate for, it's not a "skill" thing, it's just stupid.

All those Crysis 2 players who said recoil was too easy in C2 and they were far happier with C3 recoil, screw you. "Realistic" recoil has no place in a freaking arena shooter. I suppose the same people are happy that shooting while jumping/strafing decreases accuracy...probably because they're too scared of what will happen when a skilled player starts headshotting people while jumping through the air.

Anyway the game got it's last patch a few months ago, play with what you got.

Also stay away from Warface, Crytek's 3th (?) attempt at a multiplayer shooter.
REAL multiplayer shooters BF4, Destiny and Titanfall are coming...next 2 years are going to be Crytek-free for me :)
tannis

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Takedown is borderline usable if you play on PC and take a breather between shots...but even then, the recoil is so absurd that you might as well use Grendel, Scar or DSG instead.

In most sensible shooters the first bullet gives the least recoil and subsequent bullets continue to increase it (to encourage burst firing), but in Crysis 3 the first bullet has like a 3x recoil multiplier for assault rifles. Meanwhile semi-auto guns like Takedown and DSG just have an insane jump between shots that is impossible to compensate for, it's not a "skill" thing, it's just stupid.

All those Crysis 2 players who said recoil was too easy in C2 and they were far happier with C3 recoil, screw you. "Realistic" recoil has no place in a freaking arena shooter. I suppose the same people are happy that shooting while jumping/strafing decreases accuracy...probably because they're too scared of what will happen when a skilled player starts headshotting people while jumping through the air.

Anyway the game got it's last patch a few months ago, play with what you got.

Also stay away from Warface, Crytek's 3th (?) attempt at a multiplayer shooter.
REAL multiplayer shooters BF4, Destiny and Titanfall are coming...next 2 years are going to be Crytek-free for me :)

I double shoot with it. So its like 1-2...1-2...1-2....
Genevieve

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:43 am

P.S.

True its hard to use some of the more classic wepaons thesedays, aim enhance has become a must for any high recoil wepaons... scar, takedown etc.. still usable, they just require so much more presision to use

I prefer semi auto weapons so much more, however, aim enhance doesn't work.
Niisha

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:20 am

I think it's time for me to play some Crysis 3 again.

Where all the other gamesas members at? This forum has become a complete ghost town.

And don't you worry, you won't get banned. Haven't seen mods around here in ages.
Lizzie

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:18 pm

I think it's time for me to play some Crysis 3 again.

Where all the other gamesas members at? This forum has become a complete ghost town.

And don't you worry, you won't get banned. Haven't seen mods around here in ages.

There is only a handful of us that have remained active
Heather Dawson

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:37 am

To answer the threat title - It's the grendel with single shot only :P
evelina c

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:07 pm

I won't compare takedown with grendel with single shot.. Grendel with single shot in c2 was phenomenol..

Here is a small example from c2 gameplay..

Kirsty Wood

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:04 am

I won't compare takedown with grendel with single shot.. Grendel with single shot in c2 was phenomenol..

May be good on humans in single shot mode but not on suits.
OJY

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:06 am

Hmmm... Its not my gameplay but its a nice example..

Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Hmmm... Its not my gameplay but its a nice example..

I retract my former statement
ShOrty

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:35 am

Takedown (before or after patch, doesn't really matter) is a beast weapon, but you need a lot of time to get adjusted to it.
Same goes for Scar (after patch "huge" recoil), I used it totally naked, only with an extended magazine and still did great with it.
And of course same goes for any other weapon, besides the buged ones.

Whining about a specific weapon won't make the situation any better.

The problem is that in Crysis 2, people were adjusted to almost no-recoil weapons and now, in Crysis 3 there is a lot more in it. You people just need time and practice to master the mentioned weapons.

Nowadays casual gamers don't like being challenged at all and they can't accept certain decisions or changes applied to a game. If you cannot accept these, then search for another game, which will fit your needs in terms of game-mechanics, gameplay etc.

For instance, I have switched to CS:GO after leaving Crysis and it was really hard to get started. Weapons in it have ridiculously high spread. First I was like I'm gonna uninstall this game and go play BF3 instead, but you know what? I started to practice a lot and against skilled players (we play competitive all the time). Now I'm an avarage player in CS and still getting used to certain weapons, but I can feel, that I have advanced and learned a lot. And by this, I don't mean just the guns, but teamwork and tactics. In the end, it all breaks down to these two. If you can flank your opponent you'll be able to take him/her down with even a knife, but if I go straight in front of an opponent, he'll likely kill me with his gun. Use your head!

Don't blame the game (expect the bugs and glitches) for some game-mechanincs and their changes post-production. It's non-sense. If you don't enjoy it, leave it, but if you decide to stay, then strap-up and start practicing. If you choose the hardest loadout and master it, then you'll be a beast with the easier ones.

I hope I could share some advice from the long run I had in the Crysis series and I hope I did not offend anyone with it.
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Yeah it was a beast(I used it in C2) but the gun itself is a replacement for the single shot mode... not sure why they did it.
Red Sauce

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Takedown (before or after patch, doesn't really matter) is a beast weapon, but you need a lot of time to get adjusted to it..

The only drawback for Takedown is that it has very less ammo count compare to other assault rifles.. 3-5 kills and the gun gets empty...
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:03 am

Takedown (before or after patch, doesn't really matter) is a beast weapon, but you need a lot of time to get adjusted to it..

The only drawback for Takedown is that it has very less ammo count compare to other assault rifles.. 3-5 kills and the gun gets empty...

That's why you're best off pairing it with a Hammer with an extended mag and muzzle break (don't use the laser with the muzzle and mag because the mag becomes a normal one due to a glitch).
Ashley Clifft

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:02 am

Well to be fair, from the scoreboard it looks like those were mostly very low level noobs, that for the most part weren't shooting back, unless I'm mistaken?

I think with a bunch of level 50's running around in there with their Felines it might be a little less effective.
Verity Hurding

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:09 pm

That's why you're best off pairing it with a Hammer with an extended mag and muzzle break (don't use the laser with the muzzle and mag because the mag becomes a normal one due to a glitch).

That makes the gun/setup even more awkward to use lol.
Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:19 am

How come? The hammer is (IMO) then best gun inches game.
Darlene Delk

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Takedown (before or after patch, doesn't really matter) is a beast weapon, but you need a lot of time to get adjusted to it.
Same goes for Scar (after patch "huge" recoil), I used it totally naked, only with an extended magazine and still did great with it.
And of course same goes for any other weapon, besides the buged ones.

Whining about a specific weapon won't make the situation any better.

The problem is that in Crysis 2, people were adjusted to almost no-recoil weapons and now, in Crysis 3 there is a lot more in it. You people just need time and practice to master the mentioned weapons.

Nowadays casual gamers don't like being challenged at all and they can't accept certain decisions or changes applied to a game. If you cannot accept these, then search for another game, which will fit your needs in terms of game-mechanics, gameplay etc.

For instance, I have switched to CS:GO after leaving Crysis and it was really hard to get started. Weapons in it have ridiculously high spread. First I was like I'm gonna uninstall this game and go play BF3 instead, but you know what? I started to practice a lot and against skilled players (we play competitive all the time). Now I'm an avarage player in CS and still getting used to certain weapons, but I can feel, that I have advanced and learned a lot. And by this, I don't mean just the guns, but teamwork and tactics. In the end, it all breaks down to these two. If you can flank your opponent you'll be able to take him/her down with even a knife, but if I go straight in front of an opponent, he'll likely kill me with his gun. Use your head!

Don't blame the game (expect the bugs and glitches) for some game-mechanincs and their changes post-production. It's non-sense. If you don't enjoy it, leave it, but if you decide to stay, then strap-up and start practicing. If you choose the hardest loadout and master it, then you'll be a beast with the easier ones.

I hope I could share some advice from the long run I had in the Crysis series and I hope I did not offend anyone with it.

yepp just look at toxic and akymaj they are monsters with dat takedown
slystyle ehm c3 guns have almost zero recoil + add laser and you have aimbot..

btw I started playing quake3 arena must say I see now improve myself
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:41 pm

btw I started playing quake3 arena must say I see now improve myself

is it free to play ?
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:16 am

@Evo: B/c you have adjusted to the game in overall and you feel it as natural. Many people play only one gun, which has almost zero recoil (b/c it's easier to learn), then they switch to gun, which has more and they start whining about it.
Most of the people don't give time for specific things. You cannot be good with all the weapons from the start, you need figure out their tricks, best attachments, range effectivness etc.

@Tiger: If you are looking for a free to play arena shooter, you should definitely try out Warsow.
Reanan-Marie Olsen

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:21 pm

@Tiger: If you are looking for a free to play arena shooter, you should definitely try out Warsow.

Hmm.. . will try for sure.. And what about Quake live?
JLG

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:08 pm

Hmm.. . will try for sure.. And what about Quake live?

quake 1/2/3/4 is steam version, its working crappy on windows7 64bit, u need to figure out all commands n download many maps, mods.. to get game working properly, which is waaaaay too annoying, sometimes I do smash keyboard over wall to run it online arrrrghhhhhh

go with quake live, its payed monthly but u got game working 100%

one little surprise it has punkbster
Alexander Lee

Next

Return to Crysis