TES V Ideas and Suggestions # 148

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:08 am

Next thread please......
Ashley Hill

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:54 am

Oblivion had perks too, they were just disguised as the next level of mastery bonuses.

No, not just a riposte, the ability to actually hit someone in the face with your shield if they're close enough. This was a very common usage in warfare in the pre-gun ages (especially with Spartans).

well i hope they improve upon their "perks"

I've always thought that unless you're being attacked with a gigantic warhammer or axe, blocking should absorb 100% of the damage, thats how it is in the real world after all. If someone tries to slash you with a blade and it connects with a shield, the guy behind it will be fine, but if an enemy lifts a hammer above his head and smashes it down on you, a shield should do very little, it should be situation based.

Also, I'd like to see being able to charge with a shield, and not just when your a master at blocking, that makes no sense, anybody can shield smash someone, I could do it right now, but being skilled with it should increase the effect.

someone who doesnt know how to use a shield is going to have their body suffer from severe stress when someone take a shot at them and try and block, so no I dont think it should just absorb everything because thats something only a master would be able to know how to do(i doubt even 100%)
Thomas LEON

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:39 pm

They should have Counter Attacks instead of an automatic shield bash. You could press the button at exactly the right moment and thier sword could deflect off your shield/sword leaving them open for a kill strike. (Thats how sword fighting is realy done).
KU Fint

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:29 pm

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1068055
Monique Cameron

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion