Tesla Cannon, God's Smiting Stick

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Are you seriously saying that pre-patch you were frequently using the Beaton to group kill things with it's small AoE? Giving it AoE at this point makes the gun too powerful.

No, before the patch, it was so impractical to use. I'm just pissed that now that it's finally worthwhile to use, it doesn't have the AoE effect that I loved from fallout 3.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Not sure why people are complaining about the AOE. It had a terrible radius. I for one like the increased firing speed/clip size. I never killed anything with the AOE from this gun.
sarah

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 7:37 am

Not sure why people are complaining about the AOE. It had a terrible radius. I for one like the increased firing speed/clip size. I never killed anything with the AOE from this gun.

Don't you think you should be able to kill people from the AoE?
Spencey!

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 5:40 pm

The blast radius is just too small. Not worth using the gun just for that. A much more useful gun now.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 12:57 pm

The blast radius is just too small. Not worth using the gun just for that. A much more useful gun now.

Except from it's a worse version of the holo rifle .
Alex Vincent

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Except from it's a worse version of the holo rifle .

With all hits and normal ammo, The Tesla Beaton beats the Holorifle+++ in kill rate, I tested them both in the Quarry

I have no Idea why the wiki doesn't display the 25 for 2 seconds on hit........... they should have it on their page
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 7:13 am

With all hits and normal ammo, The Tesla Beaton beats the Holorifle+++ in kill rate, I tested them both in the Quarry

I have no Idea why the wiki doesn't display the 25 for 2 seconds on hit........... they should have it on their page

Not if you use sneak attack criticals, and the Better Criticals perk. Using an optimized player build, the Holorifle is vastly superior. And that's not even mentioning the fact it only uses a single MFC, and never needs to be repaired.
Allison Sizemore

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 9:19 am

Holorifle is defintely the best vats energy weapon in game,just maybe a little weaker than alien blaster.
Alexis Estrada

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Well, Alien Blaster is only that powerful because it has a limited supply. Also, the Holorifle is not just good for VATS. I might even say it's a better sniping weapon than the YCS, especially if you're taking on multiple opponents. With Max Charge ammo, a Holorifle can do more damage than a YCS. One Max Charge MFC=2.5 regular MFC. Meaning, even while using Max Charge, it uses less ammo per shot than the YCS.
natalie mccormick

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 10:26 am

Something that is very helpful to me when reading feedback is knowing when someone has actually tried a new weapon out with a character built to use it or if they are looking at stats and hypothesizing. For reasons that are hopefully obvious, the former is much more valuable than the latter.

Weapons should be designed to be good at a role, and the pre-patch TC and TBP didn't cut it. The AoE was relatively small and the marginal damage it inflicted to those it did hit wasn't a compelling reason to use it, regardless of its per-shot ammo consumption. The EW category already had a scoped, ultra-high DAM, single-shot weapon in the Gauss Rifle. In the Tier 5 category, EWs already had the Heavy Incinerator for small AoE and indirect fire, the Gatling Laser for high volume/DPS, and the Plasma Caster for moderate DAM/DPS with good mid-range accuracy. Out-Gaussing the Gauss Rifle seemed pointless, so the TC/TBP were converted to small magazine, relatively low RoF weapons with high accuracy, high base DAM, and a pretty beefy short DoT.

Yes, it's not the same weapon it was pre-patch, but pre-patch, it felt like an odd man out.

sawyer is right to be truthful because an energy weapon pair with meltdown perk would be very over powered also fallout is easy enough so why give one of the best weapons in the game a AoE
Guy Pearce

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Something that is very helpful to me when reading feedback is knowing when someone has actually tried a new weapon out with a character built to use it or if they are looking at stats and hypothesizing. For reasons that are hopefully obvious, the former is much more valuable than the latter.

Weapons should be designed to be good at a role, and the pre-patch TC and TBP didn't cut it. The AoE was relatively small and the marginal damage it inflicted to those it did hit wasn't a compelling reason to use it, regardless of its per-shot ammo consumption. The EW category already had a scoped, ultra-high DAM, single-shot weapon in the Gauss Rifle. In the Tier 5 category, EWs already had the Heavy Incinerator for small AoE and indirect fire, the Gatling Laser for high volume/DPS, and the Plasma Caster for moderate DAM/DPS with good mid-range accuracy. Out-Gaussing the Gauss Rifle seemed pointless, so the TC/TBP were converted to small magazine, relatively low RoF weapons with high accuracy, high base DAM, and a pretty beefy short DoT.

Yes, it's not the same weapon it was pre-patch, but pre-patch, it felt like an odd man out.

sawyer is right to be truthful because an energy weapon pair with meltdown perk would be very over powered also fallout is easy enough so why give one of the best weapons in the game a AoE
Adam Baumgartner

Post » Fri May 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Meltdown comes with its own drawback: it can blast the Courier friends. If TC have a blast radius than it would also double the danger; in the end, it balance out.

I though EW suppose to be exotic.
Pete Schmitzer

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas