The Ayleids made the White-Gold?

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:48 pm

The Ayleids made the White-Gold tower, which can be seen from all across the Imperial City... yet, did they make the Imperial City too?

The architecture for the Tower, and the City are exactly the same. If the Ayleids made the tower, then you'd at least half-expect the Elder Council chamber to look like a giant Ayleid tomb, complete with all those glowing crystals.

Are we supposed to believe that because there are a few dragons painted around that it's all Imperial?
pinar

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 pm

The Aylieds made it all:
Though the Ayleids gave theirs a central Spire as the imago of Ada-mantia, the whole of the polydox resembled the Wheel, with eight lesser towers forming a ring around their primus. To dismiss this mythitecture as being a mockery of the Aurbis is to ignore an important point: this same "jest" gave White-Gold Tower a power over creatia unalike any on this plane(t). It was a triumph of sympathetic megafetish, and the Start of the [Threat! To! Empire!] that brings me to this Council.

If the Ayleids made their own Wheel within the Wheel, were-web aad semblio, what would happen if they plucked its strings? ---Nu-Mantia Intercept

Nienna garcia

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 am

I don't look for how the Imperial City is ingame, but yes the White Gold Tower is contructed by Ayleids. The area around it however, i do not know. I'd say it's possible the imperials, if they contructed the city around the tower, based their build style off the tower, but that's just a speculation.
Isabel Ruiz

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:28 pm

"Though the Ayleids gave theirs a central Spire as the imago of Ada-mantia, the whole of the polydox resembled the Wheel, with eight lesser towers forming a ring around their primus."http://www.imperial-library.info/obscure_text/nu-hatta_nu-mantia.shtml
The basic structures of the city are theirs, the main tower along with those eight circling it (and presumably the wall)...

You might also note that the paintings in the game that depict the IC are labeled "ElvenRuins"...
I love YOu

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:47 pm

The basic construct of the city (towers, walls, bridges, docks) are Ayleid in origin. But most of it seems to have been added by the Imperial later on, and designed to not visually clash with the original architecture.
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:43 pm

The three human empires had all the times they wanted to completely redo the decoration.

And Tiber Septim probably just used a li'l bit of CHIM to just place his Dragon symbol everywhere.
Alan Whiston

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:15 am

Correction: The Ayleids did not make White Gold, the human slaves of the Ayleids made White Gold.
Spaceman

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:04 am

The walls of the Imperial City and the White Gold tower is actually made out of white gold?
Nims

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:05 am

Of course not. It's made of marble.

By the way, goldfish aren't made of gold, either; and neither are goldsmiths.
claire ley

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:19 pm

By the way, goldfish aren't made of gold, either

Yes, they're made out cheddar-flavored crackers.
Ashley Hill

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:04 pm

The Ayleids built it. But it wasn't that significant until the Amulet of Kings and the Dragonfires came into existence.
Nick Swan

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:19 am

The Ayleids built it. But it wasn't that significant until the Amulet of Kings and the Dragonfires came into existence.

The Amulet of Kings is the same age as thw tower and the Dragonfires count for jack[censored]. Read: a torch on a dais.
Blackdrak

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 pm

The Amulet of Kings is the same age as thw tower and the Dragonfires count for jack[censored]. Read: a torch on a dais.

http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/amulet_kings.shtml, the Amulet was given by Akatosh, not the Ayleids. And the Dragonfires, Amulet, Tower, and Divine Barriers are all related.
michael flanigan

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Nu-Hatta says otherwise:
    "To dismiss this mythitecture as being a mockery of the Aurbis is to ignore an important point: this same "jest" gave White-Gold Tower a power over creatia unalike any on this plane(t)."
I'd say having "a power over creatia unalike any on this planet" is pretty significant...
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:31 am

http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/amulet_kings.shtml, the Amulet was given by Akatosh, not the Ayleids. And the Dragonfires, Amulet, Tower, and Divine Barriers are all related.

Check again.
Chim ad-Adabal is an Ayleid gemstone. And duh, it's the Stone of the Tower.
55-word Oblivion book> all other lore and common sense?
Kitana Lucas

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Nu-Hatta says otherwise:
    "To dismiss this mythitecture as being a mockery of the Aurbis is to ignore an important point: this same "jest" gave White-Gold Tower a power over creatia unalike any on this plane(t)."
I'd say having "a power over creatia unalike any on this planet" is pretty significant...

But when the Emperor died, the Tower was deactivated.
Susan

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:58 pm

But when the Emperor died, the Tower was deactivated.

The Covenant died, and thus the Amulet of Kings ceased to act as White Gold's stone. The lighting of the Dragonfires is the symbolic rekindling of the Covenant. With no heir and the province full of stupid cretins who know nothing about their own traditions... Sodom and Gomorrah, baby.
Sophh

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 pm

The Covenant died, and thus the Amulet of Kings ceased to act as White Gold's stone. The lighting of the Dragonfires is the symbolic rekindling of the Covenant. With no heir and the province full of stupid cretins who know nothing about their own traditions... Sodom and Gonorrah, baby.

But if the Amulet was the stone, then what was the stone, if it had any, before the Amulet?

And they're not stupid, they're ignorant. And its clear that the tower does not get reactivated until the Dragonfires are lit again.
Tanika O'Connell

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:55 am

But if the Amulet was the stone, then what was the stone, if it had any, before the Amulet?

And they're not stupid, they're ignorant. And its clear that the tower does not get reactivated until the Dragonfires are lit again.

The Amulet has always been the stone, since the Ayleids created it. And if the Tower was anchorless sometime in the past, there wouldn't have been ramifications with Oblivion.
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:44 pm

The Amulet has always been the stone, since the Ayleids created it. And if the Tower was anchorless sometime in the past, there wouldn't have been ramifications with Oblivion.

The Amulet was created by Akatosh, while the Tower was created by deadra worshippers. An odd, but not impossible combination.
Valerie Marie

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:52 am

The Amulet was created by Akatosh, while the Tower was created by deadra worshippers. An odd, but not impossible combination.

The amulet wasn't created by Akatosh.
Benji

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 pm

The amulet wasn't created by Akatosh.

http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/amulet_kings.shtmland http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/trials_st_alessia.shtmlsuggest otherwise. Its possible that White-Gold has other powers that stem from its location.
Setal Vara

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:19 pm

http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/amulet_kings.shtmland http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/trials_st_alessia.shtmlsuggest otherwise. Its possible that White-Gold has other powers that stem from its location.

Those are fifty word books from Oblivion.

They're wrong.

It's fine if your knowledge of lore has random, large gaps, so does everyone's, but don't try to argue based on the red-herrings in the game. Yes, you used a url tag. I still win.
Anna S

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Those are fifty word books from Oblivion.

They're wrong.

It's fine if your knowledge of lore has random, large gaps, so does everyone's, but don't try to argue based on the red-herrings in the game. Yes, you used a url tag. I still win.

Its not like you've given evidence to the contrary or even disproved the books.

Edit: Yes, I know that the Stone is the Amulet, but I think that the tower's original powers stemmed from its location, and I don't think that the Divine Barriers were what the Daedra-worshipping Ayleids had in mind.
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

But if the Empire should slacken in its dedication to the Nine Divines, or if the blood of Alessia's heirs should fail, then shall the barriers between Tamriel and the Daedric realms fall, and Daedra-worshippers might summon lesser Daedra and undead spirits to trouble the races of men.

The line has been broken several times....This discredits part of the book already. Seems like a biased book to me.

Wasn't there a source that says Lorkhan created the Amulet? I can't find it...
Becky Cox

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion