The Dead Horde; Part 4

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 am

OOC: Uh.. Anyone feel like greeting me soonish?

IC: Aravey kept his stare at the people around him. His Guar close by. He had a stady breath and held his hand at his dagger and the other hand in the guar 'reins'. He took a few steps forwards, his guar following him.
Vicky Keeler

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 am

OOC: Uh.. Anyone feel like greeting me soonish?

IC: Aravey kept his stare at the people around him. His Guar close by. He had a stady breath and held his hand at his dagger and the other hand in the guar 'reins'. He took a few steps forwards, his guar following him.

Where are you? You didn't specify where the hell you were, so we ignored you (its safer then risking having a bunch of posts invalidated if we find out your really somewhere else)

edit: if your near the beasties in cheydinhal, then I don't know what you meant by a man falling over, and if your near me, I don't see how you got a guar into the second floor of a warehouse.
Joie Perez

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:38 am

Fanier watched as the breton's sword slipped out from under him; there was not much he could do to help with a broken leg. Francois fell at Fanier's feet. "Damn, Francois," Fanier remarked at the breton's tumble. "You lost more blood than I thought." He reached over, and (with much pain in his right leg) pulled Francois next to him. Fanier pulled a rag from his back pocket, and dabbed it with some scotch.

"Let's see that one first," he said as he neared the oozing wound. Please don't be corprus. Fanier could usually recognize corprus infections by sight, but not in this dim light. "This is going to sting," he said as he held the cloth. "A lot." Fanier brought the cloth to the wound, and lightly rubbed. To his surprise, the infectious tissue seemed to wipe right off. Seeing Francois wince from the pain, Fanier brought held the canteen out. "Here," he said as he brought the scotch to the breton's lips. "This will help."

Fanier held Francois' head back, allowing him to swallow; the man was nearly unconscious. "It's okay," Fanier said in a comforting tone. "You're okay. We'll get out of here." Will we?

Just then, Fanier dropped his canteen. "Oh, [censored]!" he exclaimed; the sound echoed down the tunnel, like a dozen Faniers cursing in sequence. The smell of alcohol permeated the air even further, piercing Fanier's nostrils. He quickly picked up the flask, but not before a sizeable amout had drained. "Damn it!" he said, more quietly this time, amd returned to his spot on the wall; but the scotch had not rested. Normally, any liquid would have rested in a puddle at Fanier's feet, but the scotch did not. Instead, it was moving; the scotch was streaming down, further into the dark tunnel.

Fanier noticed this unusual behavior, and moved from his comfortable spot. He brought his head to rest on the floor, running his hands along the stone.

It's on a slant...
Robyn Lena

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:56 am

OOC: I'm back! Oh and congrats to woolymammoth for the improvement in his roleplay skills.

IC: Kiel was slightly startled by the sudden curses let out by Fanier. The distopia that the Imperial City was in and the constant corpus attacks had put Kiel on edge permanently. Kiel put a hand on his cutlass and drew it from his sheath slightly. He turned twoards fanier just to see he had merely spilled some alcohol, Kiel didn't know whether to laugh at himself or feel depression twoards the fact that his first instinct was that he'd have to fight to the death. Kiel locked the thoughts away as he watched Fanier drop to the floor.

"What troubles you, Fanier?" Kiel inquired as he had not perceived that the floor was slanted and didn't notice the scotch run along the floor as opposed to resting in the puddle.
Louise

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:03 am

OOC: To hI, sorry, but I'm getting kind of bored of waiting for weeks.
IC:: Having tired of waiting for a reply, Octavius made an excuse to head back downstairs.

"I'm sorry friend, but I need to assist with the barricading of this warehouse. As you know, it won't be long before the corpus reach the docks."

And with that, Octavius proceeded downstairs, and was greeted by Waylas.

"Hey Amiel, I managed to get the argonian a healing potion."

"That's great. Now help me barricade this place."

WIth that statement, Amiel and Waylas set themselves to barricading the warehouse. They placed desks and furniture in front of the door, and set about boarding up any windows that had not been previously barricaded.
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:40 am

Lysa winced as a sharp stab of pain surged through her knee. "My father was Robert Adamae," she said after the pain subsided, "He was a Blade since he was thirty two years old and devoted his life the service of the Emperor. But then one day he died when during a training accident. Him and another Blade were training outside with blunt katanas. Everything was going fine until the other Blade swung to hard and hit him in the back of the neck."

Lysa remembered the day that that man had come to her with the news of the father. She thought she would never recover.
Avril Churchill

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:33 pm

OOC: Sorry for the dialogue post, but it will have to do

IC:

"Roger.......your father is not dead...."

Ongar watched as Lysa winced at him, a look that said, what? it was a lie all of these years!?

"The Order started to fall, when your grandfather, a high ranking official, retired. The man that took his place caused much conflict, and from there the order started to fall. Blades left, and soon enough, one-third of us left to become mercenaries. Your father followed them, and tried to convince them to stay. They were attacked by Vampires. Your father made it back, but contracted the disease himself. He told me and Darius, another blade, that he had been bitten. He told us he was going beneath the bloodworks, and that the blades couldn't see him like that. Darius and I decided to tell you and your grandfather a lie, until you were older. Darius went to tell you a false story......but he never came back. The order crumbled, and I soon left. I never knew what happened to Darius. He was my best friend along with your father. Your father trained me, and I am not sure if he is alive, but he may be."

There was a long still silence. The Imperial started to cry. Ongar felt sorry that she had believed a lie all of her years.
John N

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:46 am

OOC: Wooly please don't control the reactions of Lysa without talking to me first. And I'd prefer if you didn't make all these dramatic changes to Lysa's true past without consulting me.

IC: Lysa sobbed on Ognar's shoulder. A vampire. Her father had been a vampire for more tahn ten years while Lysa had believed him to be dead. Why didn't he tell me? I could have helped him. I could have looked for a cure for him. Lysa's anger flared. Her father betrayed her and made her believe a lie for years when she could have helped him.

Lysa brushed away her tears and cleared her throat. "Whether he's alive or not I don't have any desire to see him. If the Nine are good then he will have died from the corprus already."
lucile

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 am

OOC: I am sorry, just thought it would be a good back story. I am going to start building longer post once we get some action.

IC:

Ongar saw the anger in her eyes, she was devastated. One thought once again rose into Ongar's mind.

What happened to Darius?

"He thought you would be ruined. He thought you would come looking for him, and suffer the same fate. He was a good man, and he loved the Nine. I remember the day I started training, your father was like a second father to me. We were going to tell you, for he wished it, but..........."

Ongar peered through the silence, and a tear was shed from his good eye.

"Darius never....he never came back...He was my best friend. What exactly did he tell you?"
Amy Smith

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:01 am

Fanier kept his cheek pressed against the ground, when Kiel said something. "SHHHhhh!" Fanier interjected, holding up his index finger for Kiel to be quiet. He listened and heard a faint trickling, not far away from where he was now. No doubt it was the whiskey he had spilled.

He grabbed his flask and poured it, the pungent scotch flowing out and onto the ground. This time he watched it, and it flowed in a small stream away from him. Fanier followed the stream of whiskey, and heard the faint trickling sound again. It grew louder as he moved with the stream, and Fanier came across something. It was embedded in the ground, and it was cold metal. Running his hands across it, he could feel that it was full of long holes; it was a sewer grate.

"Ah-Ha!" Fanier said in delight. "Kiel, come here! Do you have any matches?"
Ilona Neumann

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:53 am

Now Kiel was confused, first he was hushed by Fanier, and now with a sense of urgency Fanier requested matches with a sense of delight which Kiel found quite odd.

Kiel studered, "Uh uh... no but I have some flint to start a fire..." Kiel removed some stones from his pouch and held them twoards Fanier so he could easily see them.
Jonathan Montero

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:18 pm

"Thanks, Kiel," Fanier said as he took the two stones. "Kiel, come here," he gestured toward the sewer grate. Fanier found a small pebble on the ground, and rested his canteen on it so a small amount would continuously pour out. The scotch slowly fell in a small waterfall, down into the sewer grate. Grabbing the two pieces of flint, Fanier positioned them close to the scotch. "Now pay attention, Kiel. We'll only have a split second to do this. I need you to look down into the sewer, and when I say so, I need you to tell me if you see any corprus."

Making sure Kiel heard, Fanier got ready. "Ready?" Fanier struck the two pieces of flint together, lighting up the scotch. A burst of flame traveled down the falling alcohol, illuminating the entire sewer for a split second. "Look, Kiel!"

OOC: There's no corprus.
Robert Garcia

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:43 am

OOC: Sorry, didn't notice you post, shouldn't happen again now that I have email alerts turned on again.

Kiel took a good down the tunnel both ways. Even as the tunnels stopped being illuminated by the flames he remained looking down the tunnel for any danger. There's nothing as far as the eye can see, Fanier." Kiel said uneasily, before the corpus plauge Kiel always trusted his senses without a shadow of a doubt, now he was unsure about everything.

"Now that we know it's safe we had better get moving," Kiel picked up the equipment he had rested on the ground, "We can't wait for the corpus to find us." Kiel turned to Fanier, waiting for him to come along.
Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:47 am

OOC: I have made a couple bad post lately, cra ones do to times sake and I am sorry for the story change also, but, where is W00tz at? I haven't seen him in a couple weeks. Sorry for no IC, when I get a reply I shall post.
Micah Judaeah

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion