The Game Horribly NCR Sided?

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:30 am

This is something I've been giving a lot of thought as of lately and wanted to get off my chest. Frankly, I find Caesar's Legion severely underdeveloped compared to the NCR. Example: The side quests. The Legion side quests are for the most part laughable in comparison.

All The Legion Side Quests:

Cold, Cold Heart
I Hear You Knocking
The Finger of Suspicion
We Are Legion

And let's be honest, to all of us who have done these 4 side quests, the ONLY one actually worth mentioning is the "We Are Legion" one.

Let's look at all the NCR side quests:

Anywhere I Wander
Back in Your Own Backyard
Bitter Springs Infimary Blues
Boulder City Showdown
Can You Find it in Your Heart
Climb Ev'ry Mountain
Eye for an Eye
Flags of Our Foul-Ups
Hard Luck Blues
I Don't Hurt Anymore
I Put a Spell on You
Keep Your Eyes on the Prize
Medical Mystery
No, Not Much
Restoring Hope
Return to Sender
That Lucky Old Sun
The Coyotes
The White Wash
There Stands the Grass
Three-Card Bounty
We Will All Go Together

Quite a difference, don't you think? I am perfectly aware that some of these NCR quests can be sabotaged in Legion favor

My other example would be companions. There is not a single Legion companion (Or Pro-Legion companion) in the game; but on the other side there is Boone, who is NCR through and through and will shoot Legion soldiers on mere sight. Then there is Gannon who will not even join you if your Legion reputation is too high.

When you consider that NCR and Caesar's Legion are the 2 competing main factions in the game, this is hardly fair. While I may come off as some moronic Legion fan, this is really just something I've been pondering for a while.

I also wanna point out that this has absolutely nothing to with the main story.
Louise Andrew

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:32 pm

i found this aswell your not the only one, I just tend to roleplay a fruamentarii assasin for the legion if i want anything to do with them just to avoid having to wear there armour because i cant go anywhere to trade, Also there is indeed a shortage in quests, excluding MQ ones. :(
Michelle Chau

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:52 am

This is something I've been giving a lot of thought as of lately and wanted to get off my chest. Frankly, I find Caesar's Legion severely underdeveloped compared to the NCR. Example: The side quests. The Legion side quests are for the most part laughable in comparison.

All The Legion Side Quests:

Cold, Cold Heart
I Hear You Knocking
The Finger of Suspicion
We Are Legion

And let's be honest, to all of us who have done these 4 side quests, the ONLY one actually worth mentioning is the "We Are Legion" one.

Let's look at all the NCR side quests:

Anywhere I Wander
Boulder City Showdown
Climb Ev'ry Mountain
Eye for an Eye
Flags of Our Foul-Ups
Hard Luck Blues
I Don't Hurt Anymore
I Put a Spell on You
Medical Mystery
No, Not Much
Restoring Hope
Return to Sender
That Lucky Old Sun
The Coyotes
The White Wash
There Stands the Grass
Three-Card Bounty
We Will All Go Together

Quite a difference, don't you think? I am perfectly aware that some of these NCR quests can be sabotaged in Legion favor
Spoiler
The "I Put a Spell on You" quest and the "Eye for an Eye" quest

My other example would be companions. There is not a single Legion companion (Or Pro-Legion companion) in the game; but on the other side there is Boone, who is NCR through and through and will shoot Legion soldiers on mere sight. Then there is Gannon who will not even join you if your Legion reputation is too high.

When you consider that NCR and Caesar's Legion are the 2 competing main factions in the game, this is hardly fair. While I may come off as some moronic Legion really devoted fan, this is really just I've been pondering for a while.

I know what you mean, i do the legion quest and beat the game through that but apparently ill lose boon if i do that which is b.s. plus like you said their arent alot of legion quest so i find that very funny why? Well if the legion is part of the endings in the game, why wouldnt they be the same the number of quest to do for them as the NCR? It makes no sense since both of these are the major opposing faction in which you could side however one of the major factions doesnt have as much quest as the other wtf? Blame Obsidian, they were completely and totally responsible for the development of this game not Bethesda a.k.a the guys who made the successful elder scrolls series and also successfuly revived the Fallout series back from the void.
Claire Jackson

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:46 am

Well.... if you do side quests of all the factions against the NCR you can mess with them some more than just doing Legion stuff. The Legion is basically using the Khans and Fiends and whatnot against the NCR because they are already established in the area and have experience fighting the NCR. It is a very sound strategy, IMO. Although you do have to be a ruthless person to do the evil stuff against NCR, sometimes.
Tiffany Castillo

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 pm

The legion has the most badass armor and they get into cities to kill, enslave and crucify everybody.
But if you are loyal to them, and follow their path, the last mission is HARD (Spoiler?) !
i don't know if the Yes Man or the NCR path are harder, but the Mister House's path is easy as pie.

Legion FTW
Trish

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:02 am

Heh, guess this is the price you pay for being a part of the coolest factions in the game, amirite? I honestly believe us Legion fans are owed a DLC pack to make up for this poppycock.
Erin S

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:10 am

The legion has the most badass armor and they get into cities to kill, enslave and crucify everybody.
But if you are loyal to them, and follow their path, the last mission is HARD (Spoiler?) !
i don't know if the Yes Man or the NCR path are harder, but the Mister House's path is easy as pie.

Legion FTW

If you are talking about Hoover Dam, then both NCR and Legion suddenly become super-badasses and quite hard to kill. In both cases, a Gauss Rifle helped a lot, but it was unpleasant. You actually work with the NCR if you side with Yes Man.
Nicholas

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:46 am

How many of those NCR side quests actually put you in conflict with the legion? very few, and some of them even have the opportunity to betray the NCR. Such as giving false intel instead of the real stuff.
Anywhere I Wander
Boulder City Showdown
Climb Ev'ry Mountain
Eye for an Eye
Flags of Our Foul-Ups
Hard Luck Blues
I Don't Hurt Anymore
I Put a Spell on You
Medical Mystery
No, Not Much
Restoring Hope
Return to Sender
That Lucky Old Sun[especially if you activate the defense system]
The Coyotes
The White Wash
There Stands the Grass
Three-Card Bounty
We Will All Go Together

Here's the thing you can play both sides for a long time, the NCR have the hold in the region so naturally they have the most to do. Siding with the legion early is the harder path, what you do is. You don't do anything to piss either side off and reap the rewards of having both as your friends as long as possible.
Solina971

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Whether they put you up against the legion or not is rather irrelevant. They're still NCR side quests regardless. I was just comparing how many NCR side quests there are and how many Legions ones there are.
Bek Rideout

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:48 am

How many of those NCR side quests actually put you in conflict with the legion? very few, and some of them even have the opportunity to betray the NCR. Such as giving false intel instead of the real stuff.
Anywhere I Wander
Boulder City Showdown
Climb Ev'ry Mountain
Eye for an Eye
Flags of Our Foul-Ups
Hard Luck Blues
I Don't Hurt Anymore
I Put a Spell on You
Medical Mystery
No, Not Much
Restoring Hope
Return to Sender
That Lucky Old Sun[especially if you activate the defense system]
The Coyotes
The White Wash
There Stands the Grass
Three-Card Bounty
We Will All Go Together

Oh well thats good to know that not only of them conflict with legion.....now you can show me all the quest that involve helping the legion regardless of fame gaining/losing?
Everardo Montano

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 am

Whether they put you up against the legion or not is rather irrelevant. They're still NCR side quests regardless. I was just comparing how many NCR side quests there are and how many Legions ones there are.

Oh its quite relevant because you can do all those quests and still side with the legion.
Caesar doesn't need an errand boy to secure the region. He's still trying to conquer it. He's not struggling with Bureaucracy. Those kind of tiny little side quests wouldn't make sense for the legion to have. And several of those above have a legion option but to avoid spoilers I didn't separate them from the ones that don't require you face the legion.
Toby Green

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Sure, you can do most of these quests and still be on good terms with the legion, and yes, as I said, some of the NCR quests do have legion options, but the amount of pure Legion quests is still laughable in comparison.
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:50 am

Sure, you can do most of these quests and still be on good terms with the legion, and yes, as I said, some of the NCR quests do have legion options, but the amount of pure Legion quests is still laughable in comparison.

Exactly my point.
Jimmie Allen

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:48 pm

I agree the game is ncr biased. Especially when the legion has one merchant. I think Cass leaves if you are to legion for her aswell.
Offtopic but I found the number of house/independant quests kinda low too. It just seems the ncr already have most of the mojave. Shoule be equal imo.
NeverStopThe

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:10 am

I agree the game is ncr biased. Especially when the legion has one merchant. I think Cass leaves if you are to legion for her aswell.
Offtopic but I found the number of house/independant quests kinda low too. It just seems the ncr already have most of the mojave. Shoule be equal imo.

I'm not gonna bring up Indie Vegas or Mr. House since they're not factions, they're just story paths. The NCR and The Legion are the 2 major factions in the game.
And I'm pretty sure Cass only leaves you if you're evil.

And I don't exactly agree that the Mojave should be equal since The NCR is controlling the dam, which means they control most of the west. That I can live with.
Bird

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:07 pm

I'm not gonna bring up Indie Vegas or Mr. House since they're not factions, they're just story paths. The NCR and The Legion are the 2 major factions in the game.
And I'm pretty sure Cass only leaves you if you're evil.

Cass will only leave you if you're evil, not if you're helping the Legion but let's face it, most people who help the Legion will be able. I agree that the Legion faction will basically remove most of the game's locations from you. Hell, House and Independent don't get attacked if you fail Don't Tread on the Bear their way but will if you fail it by helping the Legion. I know that the Legion is considered to be invaders by the Mojave but still, I hoped we could meet some frumentaries and help the Legion and other things. I hope for some true Legion DLC for all us Legionnaries. True to Caesar
Laura Shipley

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:14 am

A Frumentarii companion would be absolutely perfect. They blend well so they don't get attacked by their enemies, which makes for a good excuse for having them with you in NCR territory.

By the way, what does your avatar say?
Glu Glu

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:44 pm

I agree that the game is biased towards the NCR. On my non-NCR playthroughs, there's almost nothing to do but explore and the main quest, while it's much easier to roleplay as an NCR guy because of the abundance of side quests to keep me busy and they have a presence almost everywhere.
Stace

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:10 am

The sad truth is that Legion gets screwed over pretty hard; they are undeniably the villain of New Vegas and have virtually nothing in comparison with the NCR. Going hostile with the NCR is also actually a serious impediment in terms of map movement and available areas, unlike going hostile with Legion.

It's a shame, but there you have it. Fortunately this doesn't affect House/Yes Man as you still have access to NCR quests.
If one faction had to be favored, for what it's worth, I would certainly prefer the NCR be favored as I feel it offers more opportunities for quests and story in general.
Karine laverre

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 am

A Frumentarii companion would be absolutely perfect. They blend well so they don't get attacked by their enemies, which makes for a good excuse for having them with you in NCR territory.

By the way, what does your avatar say?

Think about joining Caesar's Legion, then actually MEET the Legion :jammasterjay:

I hoped we could have gotten a Frumentarii as we barely see any in the entire game. They would've been the perfect way to help the Legion while still allowing the NCR to be around in the Mojave
Mackenzie

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:11 am

The sad truth is that Legion gets screwed over pretty hard; they are undeniably the villain of New Vegas and have virtually nothing in comparison with the NCR. Going hostile with the NCR is also actually a serious impediment in terms of map movement and available areas, unlike going hostile with Legion.

It's a shame, but there you have it. Fortunately this doesn't affect House/Yes Man as you still have access to NCR quests.
If one faction had to be favored, for what it's worth, I would certainly prefer the NCR be favored as I feel it offers more opportunities for quests and story in general.

Woah, TheTuninator. Didn't expect to find you here.

Love the videos, man.

But nice to see that some people actually agree with me. All I really hear from people is NCR this or Boone that.
Tyrone Haywood

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Woah, TheTuninator. Didn't expect to find you here.

Love the videos, man.

But nice to see that some people actually agree with me. All I really hear from people is NCR this or Boone that.

Thanks! :smile: I am a pretty big forum aficionado, so I'll likely be around here a lot.

Legion did have some cool characters, but they got severely shafted in terms of overall content. A necessary design decision, I suspect, but unfortunate nonetheless.

Heck, all you really need to do to see the disparity is compare the amount of named Legion NPCs to the amount of named NCR NPCs. Could probably count the amount of named Legion ones on two hands.
Alessandra Botham

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 pm

Maybe we could get a DLC that expands the map so that we can explore Arizona and more Legion-controlled territories. Right now, the Legion only has a few towns on the East side of the map, and most of them don't even have anything to do in, no trading and the beds are owned so we can't even sleep in them.
CArla HOlbert

Post » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:43 pm

Some Legion focused DLC would be in order (But I guess that would be way too far fetched and would cause a lot of NCR fans to cry).
Ron

Post » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 am

Some Legion focused DLC would be in order (But I guess that would be way too far fetched and would cause a lot of NCR fans to cry).

This is thinking big.

I personally just wanted more Legion traders. Thinking grand just ain't my thing I guess. I personally wasn't to bothered by the amount of legion quests, it was lame for sure but I guess I saw the point. Legion wasn't totally broken into the air yet, not a large of enough presence to put out a wealth of quests I suppose.

Or Obsidian just simply filled up on quests for NCR and then went "Oh crap. Only 4 legion side quests? Doesn't matter. Push this game out now!"
Amber Ably

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas