The last Elder Scrolls game

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 pm

I'd feel too old. And I'd be busy with a job. I'd love playing it, but I'd feel old going onto the forums and being like "I'm the oldest person here."

36... I can't even picture myself at 20.

Haha, you wont be the only one whos aged.
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Monkeyland would be nice, it's just as much as everything else in TES if we were to believe vivec, egoistic bastard... :flamethrower:
Ebou Suso

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:26 am

I'd feel too old. And I'd be busy with a job. I'd love playing it, but I'd feel old going onto the forums and being like "I'm the oldest person here."

36... I can't even picture myself at 20.

Think of it this way, I'm 21 in three months and I don't see me not playing games.

And if that doesn't help, just look up Rooster Teeth. That's all just a bunch of early-30s gaming nerds like us, albeit ones who turned their hobby into a legitimate career.
Russell Davies

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Think of it this way, I'm 21 in three months and I don't see me not playing games.

And if that doesn't help, just look up Rooster Teeth. That's all just a bunch of early-30s gaming nerds like us, albeit ones who turned their hobby into a legitimate career.

Well, I'm thinking of being a Graphic Designer, so I guess I would already be that nerdy if I'm already using Photoshop CS20 for everything. :D
CYCO JO-NATE

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:21 am

Well, I'm thinking of being a Graphic Designer, so I guess I would already be that nerdy if I'm already using Photoshop CS20 for everything. :D

That's the spirit!
YO MAma

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:27 pm

well you dont know, TES 5 could be the last ES game.

or TES IV :violin:
Sebrina Johnstone

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:10 am

or TES IV :violin:

Don't mess with me man! That's just mean.

BTW, I'm 29, in 20 years I might actually have time for more game playing.
Charles Weber

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:50 am

I thought about where I would like the next game to be based, and I thought of a way that Bethesda could end the series when they choose to.

There could be one common problem between all the provinces of Tamriel. The game would start in the homeland of the character, meaning if I pick a dark elf, I start in Morrowind and if I pick a khajiit, I would start in Elsweyr.

I would first have to free my homeland and then choose which neighboring province to free. Maybe the common problem could be some god has come to interfere and has transformed the land. You are trapped in a region until you defeat a governor of sorts. The governors could also be gods working with the main one who would come to Cyrodil after defeating all others.

i like that idea of ending the series 4 a little while and i think bethesda should start a whole new series with the LORD OF THE RINGS.because know one else can figure out how to make that game and bethesda would make a middle earth master piece that would know doubt be one of the best games of all time.just taking a shot right what do u guys and gals think?
Sarah Knight

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:45 am

Though I would be sad to see this story come to an end, it would be rightful to put the series to an end with a bang, before it lives so long enough that it loses the magic that it once possessed. Here's to hoping that won't be for a while, eh? Cheers. :foodndrink:
Marcin Tomkow

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:13 am

i like that idea of ending the series 4 a little while and i think bethesda should start a whole new series with the LORD OF THE RINGS.because know one else can figure out how to make that game and bethesda would make a middle earth master piece that would know doubt be one of the best games of all time.just taking a shot right what do u guys and gals think?

That's actually not the worst idea I ever heard. The earlier periods, BEFORE the finding of the One Ring, might make for some interesting gameplay. Your actions could be a part of the earlier background story, rather than everyone being forced to play a Hobbit and go visit a volcano. Besides, we've already visited a volcano. You're right, in that Bethesda could probably pull it off decently, if anyone could.

Still, I'd rather see them continue with something that they've got an interest and a major financial stake in. Just as long as they don't keep trying to make Tamriel into another LoTR clone like they did to some degree with Cyrodiil, or turn it into a FPS "shooter" or mindless "hack and slash" game, I'll be eagerly waiting for TES V.
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:33 am

One Bosmer to rule them all....
Kellymarie Heppell

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:45 am

If I ran Bethesda I'd run a massive land generator program for all of Nirn. Make some quests, and I'd kill myself for realizing only 20 people who could stand the generic landscape would buy it.
Edit: Redundantness fail
natalie mccormick

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 pm

The Elder Scrolls series is one of the most immersive series there is. I'm gonna hate to see it come to an end. I do love how well Bethesda does with all of their games though. They never slack up.
Anthony Rand

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:17 am

In all honesty, I don't want a game that covers the entire continent.

This is very hard for me to process.

Why wouldn't you?
The Time Car

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:35 am

It ends when the dreamer awakens
Cheryl Rice

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:39 am

This is very hard for me to process.

Why wouldn't you?

I think of Daggerfall.
Technical limitations and randomly generated terrain aside. . . I played that game for hour, days, weeks? I lost track, but even after years of owning it I've probably only seen 10-20% of places in the game. A huge full continent game, while it sounds great, would go to waste the same way.

It would be a lot of development time for everyone who plays to see a different 10% of the world. I'd much rather have one nation (bigger in scope than Cyrodiil please) which I can actually explore the majority of, than a whole continent, most of which I'll never get around to visiting.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:28 am

I'd like to see TES respectably at some point but for now I say they carry on
Bird

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:41 am

I think of Daggerfall.
Technical limitations and randomly generated terrain aside. . . I played that game for hour, days, weeks? I lost track, but even after years of owning it I've probably only seen 10-20% of places in the game. A huge full continent game, while it sounds great, would go to waste the same way.

It would be a lot of development time for everyone who plays to see a different 10% of the world. I'd much rather have one nation (bigger in scope than Cyrodiil please) which I can actually explore the majority of, than a whole continent, most of which I'll never get around to visiting.

actually, Daggerfall wasnt a whole continent, just a corner of one. just so you get the right scale of how big the TES ingame maps should have been.
Kate Schofield

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:36 am

actually, Daggerfall wasnt a whole continent, just a corner of one. just so you get the right scale of how big the TES ingame maps should have been.

That's exactly my point. Daggerfall wasn't even a whole continent and I only ever saw a tiny percentage of -that-.
A whole continent would be a complete waste of dev time.
Ashley Campos

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 am

You, my friend, should kill yourself as fast as you can.
And take your ideas with you in the process.

As for the tes series, it cant end before we visit each one of the provinces =o
~Sylvia~

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:48 am

Sorry just failed at moving a post twice.

:facepalm:
James Hate

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 am

As for the tes series, it cant end before we visit each one of the provinces =o

And the other continents, don't forget the continents. So, I think we're looking at like TES XX by then.
mimi_lys

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:15 pm

There will be no Guilds, factions, or anything else worth doing beside the conspicuously marked and flashing "press to win" button.

Sounds familiar. :whistle:
Avril Louise

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:23 pm

What's with all the speculation? The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the last game in the series. :huh:
Hannah Barnard

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:06 pm

wut
Hearts

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion