The last Elder Scrolls game

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:44 am

I thought about where I would like the next game to be based, and I thought of a way that Bethesda could end the series when they choose to.

There could be one common problem between all the provinces of Tamriel. The game would start in the homeland of the character, meaning if I pick a dark elf, I start in Morrowind and if I pick a khajiit, I would start in Elsweyr.

I would first have to free my homeland and then choose which neighboring province to free. Maybe the common problem could be some god has come to interfere and has transformed the land. You are trapped in a region until you defeat a governor of sorts. The governors could also be gods working with the main one who would come to Cyrodil after defeating all others.
Rachie Stout

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Great idea, but the scale of it is massive, and probably too big in todays technology. The only i can see this happening is by having it on sevral discs, which is very sensible and would a must buy for me, they might cut things out liek the number of side quests though, and the provinces may look similar. I like it, but it probably won't happen.
Richard

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:12 pm

In all honesty, I don't want a game that covers the entire continent. Of course, whenever the last TES game is made, it will not be on "todays technology".
Sakura Haruno

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:35 am

Its possible, maybe in 20 years or more, The Eldor Scrolls is to early and popular to stop now...
Nikki Hype

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:49 am

I don't like the sound of it... Of course, my Khajiit could free Valenwood so that the ashes of the once-forest and inferior spin-off bosmer can drift where the wind takes them... Or is killing the entire province with fire not the intent of what you mean by "free".

Yes, I am a fantastic genocidal racist supremacist. Don't like it? I'm still fluffier.
Clea Jamerson

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:53 pm

While I would love a massive, full-continent game to finish the series, I wouldn't want it for a very long time. Also, that plot doesn't seem to fit the series at all, especially since
Spoiler
Morrowind is destoryed and there are at least three active "Empires" in the novel

Tania Bunic

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:26 am

well you dont know, TES 5 could be the last ES game.
Stryke Force

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:06 pm

well you dont know, TES 5 could be the last ES game.

'twould be wonderfully elegant, really. Late is the lover that comes to this by any other walking way than the fifth, which is the number of the limit of this world.
Rachael

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:53 am

'twould be wonderfully elegant, really. Late is the lover that comes to this by any other walking way than the fifth, which is the number of the limit of this world.

:blink: ....so, uh, are you like....seeing someone right now?
Sheila Reyes

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:44 am

Its possible, maybe in 20 years or more, The Eldor Scrolls is to early and popular to stop now...

I don't think it will last that long (that would be pushing 40 years). I believe they are going to end it with the fifth game.

:blink: ....so, uh, are you like....seeing someone right now?

:facepalm:
Eileen Müller

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 am

Bethesda would have to try their best to make the best TES they can . And we will yell and scream and cheer for the last game of the series . Personally it will some of the greatest and worse day in history. :grad:
Kortknee Bell

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 am

Bethesda would have to try their best to make the best TES they can . And we will yell and scream and cheer for the last game of the series . Personally it will some of the greatest and worse day in history. :grad:

I will yell and scream for it to NOT be the last game in the series.

I don't want it to end. :(
Monika Fiolek

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm

I would shed a tear for the end of The Elder Scrolls, and try to find a game that's similar that I can modify with all of the genius that is: this community.

I want to be able to work my way up in the ranks and become one of the well-respected members before this all ends. :(

Really, you guys are brilliant, I'd hate to lose it all a year or two after the final expansion for the last game comes out.

Maybe we can make a new game off of the last game. Spend a year or two in the Construction Set making our own game. :D

We'll call it "TES VI: Resurrection"
Khamaji Taylor

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:34 pm

While I would love a massive, full-continent game to finish the series, I wouldn't want it for a very long time. Also, that plot doesn't seem to fit the series at all, especially since
Spoiler
Morrowind is destoryed and there are at least three active "Empires" in the novel

I didn't know that. I haven't read it. But still, I think it would be cool. It would be a huge undertaking. But like I said a while back, spend the time on making the world and the story, and leave the great graphics and immersion to modders.

Modders could turn a huge crappy looking game with a great story into a huge awesome looking game with an even better story.
Philip Rua

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:51 am

Who says they didn't already make it?
Neko Jenny

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:46 am

:facepalm:

sorry sugar, but i told you before im not into guys, you just have to swallow your jealousy and go on with life.

also, stop calling me.
Neko Jenny

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:17 pm

The last game in the series will be "dumbed down" even further, and will feature "Barney the Attack Guar" as the playable character, but you can "customize" him or her in any shade of color you wish. Your character will have a "Combat Skill", a "Magic Skill", and a "Thieving Skill", with your overall level determining your "universal attribute", none of which will have any effect on the game. Equipment will consist of one item called "weapon" and another called "armor", which will automatically upgrade as your level changes. There will be no Guilds, factions, or anything else worth doing beside the conspicuously marked and flashing "press to win" button. There will be an extensive tutorial. Terrain will be completely photo-realistic, in true 3D, with absolutely stunning scenery for about the first 100 yards before it repeats endlessly. Due to the unexpectedly limited sales and "lukewarm" reviews, the series will be dropped with about the same enthusiasm as that generated by a live hand-grenade.
Rinceoir

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:03 pm

It actually seems that endings are dying out. Think of it, the fact that Fallout 3 ended caused so much hullabaloo (thanks whoever taught me that word) that they released a DLC with a contrived reason solely to let you continue post-ending. Also, most series aren't ending either. If the plot does wind up finishing, they simply have a different one in the same setting, which TES is doing anyway. Add to that the fact that TES is a massive cash cow, the idea that it would stop anytime soon is nothing short of lunacy.

But ya gotta admit, when it goes out we're all hoping for a true blaze of glory.
Jade

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Lets just hope they never end the series ;)
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:14 am

I wouldn't mind seeing The main line of tes (arena, daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion) end. At some point Beth will run out of logical things to do with the lore, and soon we will see spaceships, and I'm not talking some random Dwemer ship...no we would have giant moons spacestaion type things.

I think it would be cool with they went back and did more things like Redguard with a linear story line and you play as some historic Tamarilian.

Ghost
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:57 am

I will yell and scream for it to NOT be the last game in the series.

I don't want it to end. :(

I disagree. I don't want it becoming the next Final Fantasy, where FFV comes out after FFVII, and FFX comes out later on a different platform. Too confusing...

sorry sugar, but i told you before im not into guys, you just have to swallow your jealousy and go on with life.

also, stop calling me.

:blink:
Amanda savory

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm

The last game in the series will be "dumbed down" even further, and will feature "Barney the Attack Guar" as the playable character, but you can "customize" him or her in any shade of color you wish. Your character will have a "Combat Skill", a "Magic Skill", and a "Thieving Skill", with your overall level determining your "universal attribute", none of which will have any effect on the game. Equipment will consist of one item called "weapon" and another called "armor", which will automatically upgrade as your level changes. There will be no Guilds, factions, or anything else worth doing beside the conspicuously marked and flashing "press to win" button. There will be an extensive tutorial. Terrain will be completely photo-realistic, in true 3D, with absolutely stunning scenery for about the first 100 yards before it repeats endlessly. Due to the unexpectedly limited sales and "lukewarm" reviews, the series will be dropped with about the same enthusiasm as that generated by a live hand-grenade.

:liplick:

It actually seems that endings are dying out. Think of it, the fact that Fallout 3 ended caused so much hullabaloo (thanks whoever taught me that word) that they released a DLC with a contrived reason solely to let you continue post-ending. Also, most series aren't ending either. If the plot does wind up finishing, they simply have a different one in the same setting, which TES is doing anyway. Add to that the fact that TES is a massive cash cow, the idea that it would stop anytime soon is nothing short of lunacy.

But ya gotta admit, when it goes out we're all hoping for a true blaze of glory.

I'm not saying it will be anytime soon, but I think they will end it sometime. As much as I would dislike that, it is the best thing. Bethesda will eventually need to replace TES with something similar but different enough for us to not stop buying the games because they are the same. I'll give you an example. I'm a big Stargate fan. I was sad that they ended the SG-1 series, after 10 seasons, but it needed to happen. Then I was upset that they were canceling Atlantis after only 5 seasons, but there was a good reason. It was too similar to SG-1, and people were losing interest. Now Universe is out, and it is similar of course, but different enough that I think they have successfully extended the life of the story.
Your Mum

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:12 am

I'd love to be playing new ES games 20 years from now, can you imagine what that'd be like?
no_excuse

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:41 pm

I'd love to be playing new ES games 20 years from now, can you imagine what that'd be like?

I'd feel too old. And I'd be busy with a job. I'd love playing it, but I'd feel old going onto the forums and being like "I'm the oldest person here."

36... I can't even picture myself at 20.
josie treuberg

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:16 pm

QFT
Cool Man Sam

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion