The New Unofficial Creation Kit Bug List

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 pm

(http://www.gamesas.com/user/581287-thomas-kaira//) Yes someone else understands :smile: By the way if you edit every topic and then put it back as it was in the quest you needed a change the quest will work normally. But the audio wont play only subtitles.

But to have to include all that extra crap in your mod is ridiculousness as it's worst.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 am

That's my theory about this bug. Whether or not those are the reasons this bug happens, I definitely think that the bug has something to do with this new silent voice system.
Did you have to do anything special for this? I'm unable to confirm using my alt-start mod and disabling its silent dialogue files. No subtitles get displayed and the time between clicking on a topic and where a response should go is far too short for it to have done anything useful, let alone have time to have displayed something.
Stephanie Nieves

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 am

Did you have to do anything special for this? I'm unable to confirm using my alt-start mod and disabling its silent dialogue files. No subtitles get displayed and the time between clicking on a topic and where a response should go is far too short for it to have done anything useful, let alone have time to have displayed something.

The only thing I did was create a new line of dialogue and attach it to an NPC. I did nothing else. For most people it seems to function properly, so I don't know what could be causing your problem.
Noraima Vega

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:18 am

Do we know if Bethesda is aware of the dialogue bug? My mod adds over 1500 new lines of dialogue and not a single one of them plays... It has brought testing on my massive project to a grinding hault, and may impeed production if it isn't fixed soon. D:
Your Mum

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Do we know if Bethesda is aware of the dialogue bug? My mod adds over 1500 new lines of dialogue and not a single one of them plays... It has brought testing on my massive project to a grinding hault, and may impeed production if it isn't fixed soon. D:

I've no idea. I sent a PM to Gstaff yesterday about the issue and asked him to inform Bethesda, but he still hasn't replied.
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I guess they're too excited and busy about dawnguard, rather than making game patches. UNLESS they fix this in a CK patch, which I guess is necessary now because of scripting updates, aye?
Justin

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:50 am

It sounds like this is a separate although possibly related bug--or maybe a just different symptom with the same root cause? But I haven't had any issues with dialogue in quests that my own mod added while playing 1.6 final, and I haven't seen many (any?) other reports of such. (FWIW, I haven't saved my mod in the CK since 1.5.26; it's an .esp not .esm; and I'm using .xwm and .lip files mostly, although some of my latest dialogue has neither, and it plays as well with the new longer "silent voice" playlength and some random lip movements.)
Gwen

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:59 am

It sounds like this is a separate although possibly related bug--or maybe a just different symptom with the same root cause? But I haven't had any issues with dialogue in quests that my own mod added while playing 1.6 final, and I haven't seen many (any?) other reports of such. (FWIW, I haven't saved my mod in the CK since 1.5.26; it's an .esp not .esm; and I'm using .xwm and .lip files mostly, although some of my latest dialogue has neither, and it plays as well with the new longer "silent voice" playlength and some random lip movements.)
My dialogue doesn't work in an esm that I saved before 1.6, or one saved with 1.6. I use Fuz, though I have loose xwm, lip, and wave files in the directories for editing purposes. (I take them out when destributing for testers)

So your mod works... Hrmmm. Crap.
Adrian Powers

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 am

I can confirm that Alexander's mod no longer works with the 1.6 patch as I am one of his testers.

LAL, Arthmoor's alternate start mod works just fine however. I haven't tried any other mods.
Andrew

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 pm

The only thing I did was create a new line of dialogue and attach it to an NPC. I did nothing else. For most people it seems to function properly, so I don't know what could be causing your problem.
That's pretty much all I did too, and I got nothing back. So that's by no means a solution to anything.

If I leave my silent voice files in place, everything works as intended with those NPCs.

Also I'm not sure who all reported this, I know I didn't because I was sort of hoping to see a CK update, which doesn't appear to be forthcoming. I guess it's time to prod.
Jonathan Montero

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:15 pm

The format has just imploded for no apparent reason, but I'm going to try my best at manually repairing it. On the plus side, though, I have tested and found that three bugs have been fixed:

Major
  • Deleted objects from master files don't delete, they simply get moved to (0,0) in the Tamriel worldspace (or to the 0,0 coords in an interior cell).
  • Creating a new cell and then loading it straight away causes the CK to crash.
Minor
  • The 'Priority' column in the Filtered Dialog Window (under the 'View Quests' label) displays the name of the quest instead of its priority.
Kahli St Dennis

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 pm

The format has now been repaired.
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Chances are a lot of those bugs need to be individually tested to see if they're still valid. MANY reports were from the original CK and not the 1.5.24 update.

Sadly, the Argonian face bug is still alive and well, much to my dismay.
JLG

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 pm

what about the music bugs? still present?
Amanda Leis

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 pm

This is probably classifiable as an engine bug*, but since it's of relevance to modders: EquipItem() called from console or Papyrus still doesn't apply effects from player-enchanted items.

* If this is an engine bug and not relevant to this list - is there a place where bug reports like this one are collected? Any pointers appreciated.
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:06 pm

apparently the CK has been updated.
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Yep, so it's probably prudent to go through the bug list and check them again. Who knows what's been fixed this time around since there's no announcement of it, and no release notes to go by. The last CK update fixed plenty but we never knew what :P
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Gstaff did post a short notice . No notes that explained or release notes, but they did post a notice.
He got the

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:21 pm

They seem to have broken Race modification altogether. If you do something as simple as remove some of the spells from the race and save. That Race's 1st Person view breaks. I have a mod that modified the vampire races that after saving in CK 1.6 1st person view did not show the race arms, but does show the weapon/shield. I took a version from last night, and it works fine. I load it into the CK and just hit SAVE and it breaks 1st person. I then removed ALL vampire race modification edits from the mod, and it worked fine. So then I took one race, RedGuard Vampires and removed two spell/abilities and hit SAVE. The Redguard Vampire Race no longer shows 1st person model/arms. Can anyone else confirm this?

Edit: I've had confirmation of this from one other person, http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1383509-need-help-with-serious-mod-bug-missing-1st-person-view/page__fromsearch__1. This is going to make anyone's custom race mod a nightmare to edit.
Natasha Biss

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:58 am

Adding my confirmation to the race editing bug. The USKP will now have to remove THOSE as well. Good lord.

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1345089-ck-steamworks-upload-bug-report-bethesda-please/ http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1345089-ck-steamworks-upload-bug-report-bethesda-please/page__view__findpost__p__20273607

That one has been fixed for some time now though, so it needs to get lined out.
Captian Caveman

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 am

Here is a really big bug that basically prevents some armor mods from working properly.

1. Open up an armor mod esp.
2, Save it with the new CK.
3. Check the forge and see if the armor shows 0 armor rating and loses it's slot (i.e. I can wear it with other items in the same slot). This one just bit me in the butt.

Note that the CK will still show the armor rating but the game will not. I've tried this on three separate esp's with the same result.

Confirmation by a few users in this thread: http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1383060-creation-kit-16910-now-live-on-steam/

Arthmoor has told me he hasn't noticed the bug editing Vanilla armors for the USKP but it's definitely happening with all existing custom armor mods.
noa zarfati

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Yeah, well, it would just so happen that I was wrong. I hadn't been to the Thieves Guild yet, and once there, sure enough, more than half of them are running around stark naked. That one gets to go to the top of the pile. I guess most of the stuff I was seeing hadn't actually been edited.
K J S

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm

I sent a tweet to @BGS_Devs about the edited dialogue bug. Here's hoping I get a reply!
Syaza Ramali

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 pm

I sent a tweet to @BGS_Devs about the edited dialogue bug. Here's hoping I get a reply!

It'd have been better to send the links to this and http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1383060-creation-kit-16910-now-live-on-steam/ posts. Now it's not only the edited dialogue bug what is worrysome, but the armor slot and races' ones as well...

Good lord, a patch that doesn't fix the most critical bug, and that adds two extra ones....it's just ridiculous.
Evaa

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:47 pm

New Bug:

Custom made armor will not show up properly in game. They appear to not be assigned to the correct body slots. I have a mod which had custom Mage robes utilizing vanilla models and textures. These no longer show up in game after I saved the mod using the lastest version of CK. You're character now appears naked even though the items are equipped. you can actually double equip Vanilla armor/robes while wearing my modified robes as they don't seem to be taking up the same inventory/body slot and any effects they have will stack.
Jessica Nash

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim