The Risen [RP]

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:25 am

Sorry for taking up space.
Kelsey Hall

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:07 pm

OOC: Hey, I only authorized a time skip for Jerod. Anyway, it's OK for him and tayroc, since they're not with the main group. ADETH, I'm sorry, but I think you should delete that post.

IC:
Reynold Justus
Imperial City, Arcane University

"I was not summoned anywhere, but I do believe this girl here is lost. So, if you're going to sit here and babble inconsistently, I'm gonna help her around the city." The dangerous-looking and very rude woman was starting to pull the girl away. Reynold blinked. That cow was talking to him like she was twenty years older than him! Plus, she was leaving, and taking the other with her! Despite his mild nature, he managed to sound annoyed and a bit angry.
"No, you're not helping her around!" he spat out. "Her business is here at the University, and you-" he ripped her hand off the girl's arm, "-can leave if that's what you think cooperation is. I don't need you. We don't need you." He felt he was close to transforming. Pride had never triggered it. "Your life could depend on what I have to say. But sure, walk away."
naana

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:48 pm

OOC: tabasco, if you don't mind, Adeth is not in any conversation with anyone, so I don't think his time skip really makes much difference for anyone :/
IC:
The woods in the outskirts of Cyrodiil's border to Morrowind were strange to William. It wasn't like what he was used to back in Morrowind, but he reckoned he'd manage. It was after all pretty much the same basics. Woods, inhabited by vicious beasts all longing for his blood. he thought with a sly smile as he made his way towards the imperial city. While he wasn't used to the woods here, he'd been here before, and knew his way around most places. He'd been here for some years back in the days, but never really thought he would return. Before this strange happening had made him feel like he had to go here. Like something in the imperial city pulled on him.

It was not that he didn't welcome the strange thing that'd happened to him, but he had no idea what had happened, and it had left him pretty vulnerable afterwards. The way he'd managed to kill a dozen men without problem bothered him. He didn't feel like he should be alive right now, like he owed someone for his life, and William had never liked debt.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:34 pm

(I think it might matter. Might postpone my conversing. Thanks for confusing me, Jerod. :P And welcome Smellgen. And I never said he fell onto his back, but I think it works better than just walking through the door.)

Leon cursed as he found himself lying on his back on the ground. And in the distance he heard the prettiest of the two women say something about scribs, what ever they were. He stood up and dusted his clothes, but all the while he eavesdropped on the three people. He noticed the pretty one getting into an argument with the older man and instead of going onto his business, he decided to try and solve things.

Call it an irresistible urge not to go away or will to solve things without violence but he just had to do something. Just as he was closing in he heard the man threaten the woman. 'Excuse me, but is something wrong?' He asked the three of them, but all the while trying not to look at the woman, which he managed just fine. A shiver ran down his spine near the three for some reason. Must be the eyes of the pre...er... lady. Leon concluded in his mind.

'I dont mean to intrude so if there's nothing wrong I could go away and mind my business, which I would. Usually.' He said a bit timidly.

(feel like im over doing it.)
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Reynold glanced at the newcomer curiously. Only then did he feel it. He's like us, he thought, amazed. His anger with the woman faded away. Whatever is pulling us together?
"'Wrong' depends on how you look at it," he said, feeling an involuntarily smile tugging at his mouth. "Me and the lady here were just having a slight... disagreement. But it's all solved now. Eh?" he asked, looking at the woman.

Vehk, what am I doing with them?
he thought miserably. I've found three people who I think have the same... symptoms as me. They won't believe me. They'll leave, and we'll never know... But is it just me who feels pulled to the others?

OOC: It matters, but I see all is well now.
Penny Flame

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:24 am

Her hand grasped the young girl's, and Jen was starting to finally get away from the old loon that was behind her. She felt the anger pulsating through her veins, causing light spasms on her skin. Oh boy, was she furious; and at the very same time, that beautiful sunset was beginning to become hidden behind very thick, black clouds. "Sometimes I wonder what everybody's problem is.." She spoke in an annoyed tone to the girl she was dragging around like a misbehaving child. "Crazy old people, with her doomsday theories and thinly sliced bread, who the hell does he think he is, trying to tell us that we're needed?" Just as she was beginning to babble, she felt the girl tugged from her hand and the voice of that cranky old man behind her.

Oh, this man was just begging to have her nails to dig into his throat and pierce through his windpipe. At first, Jentina didn't turn around. Instead, she shrugged her shoulders and took a deep breath with the intention of just moving along and making conversation with herself. But that feeling of power growing on the man made her feel threatened, and he was barking up the wrong tree. He was like a warthog biting at the ankles of a fierce lioness, and Jen wasn't going to take it any longer. "WHO IN THE NINE DIVINES DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOU OLD CROAD?" She spun around fiercely, just in time for the dramatic, strong wind to toss her raven locks all around. Lightning flashed through the sky, it's sister thunder roaring, daring the old man to mess with their mistress. "Don't you ever speak to me like that again." Unknownst to her that she caused the storm, she blamed good timing.

OOC - Ah crap, just when he says everything is resolved, Jen goes crazy.
-__-
jesse villaneda

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:43 am

"Right, so it's NOT resolved," Reynold sighed. He actually jumped a little as the woman snapped at him. Jumped even more as thunder boomed. Big, fat raindrops started falling around them. He eyed her cautiously. "Are you doing this?" he said, disbelief in his voice. Maybe he shouldn't be disbelieving - after all, if she was what he thought she was - "Risen" - it was hardly surprising. He settled for a more peaceful tone. "Hey, I didn't come all the way from Balmora to fight with you. Certainly not in this rain." He looked at the others, the girl and the man. "I doubt you'll object if I propose we go indoors."
Katie Pollard

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:44 am

OOC: I think, a bit like Jerod & others, I'm gonna be running on a different kind of time-scale to the others for the next couple of posts, until I join up with the main group. Then I'll slip into the general timing.

Fenin Lejeune, the Green Road (North of Bravil)

Fenin's leather clothing was damp, but he pulled it on nonetheless. He was just glad to get the blood off it.

He thought, not for the first time since the sun had risen back up over the horizon, about what exactly had happened the previous night. He recalled... a strange feeling... Kurdan falling to the floor... and then there was simply a gap in his memory, a blank space which he couldn't fit anything into. The next thing he had remembered was stranger still...

He had come to his senses, stood above the Bosmer, who was curled up on the floor whilst staring at him with a look of utter terror on his face.

Improvise, he remembered thinking.

He told Nordinor; "You breathe a word of this to anyone..." The Bosmer had nodded and scuttled away all too quickly. It was then that Fenin properly noticed the bodies. The three Orcs lay around him, each killed with their own weapons. And he was covered in blood. He'd figured pretty quickly that being found standing over three corpses, soaked in blood, would incriminate him ever so slightly, and subsequently Fenin made his escape from Bravil through a well-known and well-exploited gap in the city's walls, keeping to the shadows and narrowly avoiding the city guard on two occasions before sneaking out.

After that he'd left his leather armour to soak in the Niben, tying it to a small disused jetty, and camped for the night in a quiet spot a fair distance from the jetty.

The morning had been uneventful, and now that he was clothed, Fenin set off northwards, keeping just in sight of the Green Road, but out of sight to anyone travelling along it. I don't think I can go back to Bravil now. The guard would probably arrest me on the spot if I just waltzed back into the town. They're not stupid, they can put two and two together... and hopefully that Bosmer was spooked enough to not rat on me... whatever it was that happened to scare him. He wandered on for a few more minutes, thinking it over. Had he killed the Orcs? How? If it wasn't him, who or what had done it? And where could he go now? He figured that he could just live out in the wilderness for a bit, perhaps just eke out some kind of living for a while around the Red Ring Road.

Then, he crested a hill, and in the distance, he could see White Gold Tower. The gleaming white stone shone like light made solid in the crisp morning sunshine. Fenin felt somehow... drawn to it. Like that was where he should be.

That's where I'll head. The Imperial City.
Marion Geneste

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:17 am

Leon listened as the man tried to make everything civilizied while the woman was raging at the man. He stepped in between the two of them, standing firmly. 'There's no need to fight.' He told the two of them. But when the old man said they should get inside, Leon shook his head. 'I dont think Im welcome in the guild. Dont ask why.' Leon excused.

'But perhaps we could go inside somewhere else to settle things, alright?' He pleaded. As the sound of thunder came, Leon jumped and something made him look at the woman. He didn't know why but something moved inside his mind and made him want to puke. He also felt something from the elderly man but couldn't tell what.

'What do you mean she is causing this?' He asked not really knowing what his words ment.
Nathan Maughan

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 pm

The rain began to fall upon the group, causing Jen's hair to transform into beautiful waterfall-styled curls. Her skin seemed to shimmer, as if diamonds were encrusted upon her peach skin; in this exactly moment she seemed beautiful, an aura of good ? that is, until the little bits of sun where now completely covered by the thunderhead clouds. When he asked if she was causing this, Jentina said nothing. She couldn't reply, something in her gut told her that she did. Her body shivered, as a sudden surge of power began to flow through her. It felt euphoric, as if nothing else mattered, and the Gods were gently stroking her red cheeks and telling her everything was going to be fine. Her eyes fell to her feet for a moment, thinking deeply, but not taking much time to answer back to the old man and the one who had come in-between them. Eyes fell onto the Arcane University's door, wondering if the Arch Mage would remember her, she was almost certain that he would, and then promptly kick her out.

"Yes," Her voice was soft, almost vulnerable "we should go pay the Arch Mage a visit, shouldn't we?" She moved her neck, looking back to the group she had assembled. Her tone had changed when she said they should pay him a visit, regaining that cat-like tone that always meant trouble. Even in the short amount of time, she grew a fondness for the younger girl that came from Vvardenfell; almost like a daughter figure? Yes, something she could mold, something she could teach. Grasping the younger one's hand, she drifted her along and began to walk up the steps.
Aman Bhattal

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:07 pm

OOC: Due to the strange time scales, this post will be in two parts, then and now. :)

Axel had reached the Imperial city, far later than he had indented on. He had stabled his horse in the stables outside, a strange Orc lady had taken charge of his steed, a decision that he was not entirely pleased with, though reluctantly he had passed the horse over, heading off into the city. I was late, and the moon rested across the clouds it was a near full moon and it reflected the suns light down onto the Talos Plaza District as Axel entered.

A guard breezed past him, obviously in some rush, perhaps just to get his rounds done or maybe something more serious, but Axel stopped him nonetheless. "Erm, excise me." He managed to cough out, barely aware of the customs of society in these parts, almost alien to the real world after years of such a sheltered life, he had poor people skills and his communication wasn't strong either, especially as he was not the highest authority in these parts.

The guard stopped in his tracks, turning at some speed on his hill and offering a glare at Axel. "Yes?" he answered, out of breath and with a rushed tone to his voice. "How many I be of service, Citizen?" He stressed the last words, probably noticing that Axel was from out of town and an obvious stranger to the Imperial City. "Ermm? I'm sorry, I didn't..." Axel began, but he was cut off midway through his sentence by a third voice from behind him. Both Axel and the other guard turned to the man behind them. It was an elderly man, robed from neck to toe, a friendly face, one that seemed ever so familiar to Axel. "Carry on with your business Arelius; it is clear that you are busy. I shall attend to this 'ere young man." The guard so called Arelius nodded, before once again rushing off in the direction he was headed to begin with.

"Now young Axel, I believe you are here for an interview" the old man said.

"That's right..." began Axel, before considering his position. "Wait, who are you? And if you are truly involved with the letter, would you mind taking this to somewhere, more private?"

"You are right, matters like these should not be discussed in the streets, who knows who may be listening in. Care to follow?"

The old man led off in a direction, heading deeper into the winding streets, each cobbled road lined with houses, some large others quaint, some with small gardens but most flat to the street. Axel was amazed that so many people could live so close. The man turned a corner down into a shadowed alleyway. Axel reached down to his hip, his hand searched for the hilt of his katana. Clasping it tightly incase of any danger, but not appeared and the two carried on unharmed through the back streets. The walls were stained with blood, and the bushes unkept and tangled. The man came to a barred door, the iron gate creaking as he lifted the lock from it and pulled on the hinges, it was evidently old and needed some seeing to, but Axel ignored this and watched the man continue to open the wooden one.

It was dark inside, another single door stood at the opposite end of the room, with only a single candle to light the path between them, cobwebs hung down from the ceiling, and the floorboards creaked underfoot. However both men continued onward.

"And inn would have been suitable." Axel commented sarcastically as they approached the second door, the same key turning the lock.

Smoke poured out from inside, men sat around tables, and the scent of freshly brewed ale filled Axels nostrils. As the men entered the room fell silent, every eye turning to watch them enter, the elder man entered first, smiling at the men that gazed at him, Axel followed, past the barkeep and on towards a set of wooden stairs.

"That sire was tense." Axel remarked as they reached the top of the staircase, after noticing the resume of chaos below them. At last the man came to a room, a pungent smell filling it, as well as two beds, a desk and four chairs. Without words, the old man guestered at the bed, before leaving the room. Axel read the signs and without even getting undressed fell to the thick cloth. Soon drifting off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day.

Slam. Axel awoke to the sudden rush. A fist lay next to him, the fist of what appeared through sleepy eyes as a great burly man. As Axel slowly awoke the room was unravelled before him. Two men sat at the chairs, the same room he had come to last night, one was the elder man that had brought him here..

"Sit." he muttered. Axel obeyed, heaving himself from the bed and seating himself on the chair prepared for him. The two men that he had not seen before were large, both equipped with their own axes as well as a dagger that lie next to the elder man. Axel's blade had been removed, he realised as he peered at his belt.

"Who are you?" he rushed the question. But a glare shot at him from one of the burly men stopped him dead. "Sorry."

I will explain all in good time young Axel, for we are not ones to rush, or be rushed. The elder man winked as he said this, the two men smiling, with the one opposite Axel clenching his fist.

OOC: Thats good enough for now. I shall expand in the morning.
Matthew Warren

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 am

Naril Montacaro: Imperial City

While the Breton/ Imperial and the strange raven haired woman were having their arugment, Naril was paralzed with fright. Even when a middle aged imperial man came to try and stop the argument she said nothing she felt as though her voice had been stolen and she was imcapable of doing anything.
Although part of her still felt drawn to... all three... of these people, no longer just the old man and the woman, another part of her wanted to run away and escape. Less than an hour she'd been in the Imperial City and she'd already got lost been walked into by two people and found herself in the middle of a rather heated discussion.

Suddenly it started to rain, and Naril became wide eyed in shock as she saw the changes that happened to the other woman. Her skin shimmered, glittered almost and her eyes seemed to be a mix between power crazed and glazed over. Her voice had beomce soft and silvery it was much less agressive.

Naril glanced quickly around at the woman, the old man and the younger man and something strange happened. It only lasted a milisecond but it seemed to stretch on forever;

The world was no longer pyhsical, she saw the shadows of the land and the spirits of the people. She could see right inside each persons soul and she knew that the three people around ehr were the same as her. Some power connected them, something she did not yet understand.
And somehow she also knew there were others, she could feel their pressence but she knew not where they were.

And everything became back to normal. Naril could feel her heart pounding inside her chest, she was shaking slighty too, but considering the changes that Jentina was going through no one would notice. Hang on, Jentina? Did she ever tell me her name? Naril looked at the three people again, Jentina was the raven haired woman, the middle aged Imperial was called Adeth and the older man's name was Reynold. How do I know that? she asked herself, even inside her head her voice was frightened and shakey.

"I do need to go and speak to someone in the mages guild." Muttered Naril forcing herself to speak. She didn't know what she was waiting for she coul,d just turn and walk but something was holding her there.
carley moss

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Belmont the Gent, The Imperial City

The news from the messenger pigeon had been good. The hunter had been executed swiftly and without event. He hadn't even struggled. His head was now piked along the great Earthen ridge leading into Belmont's capital at Camp Yellow Foot as a message. A message warning those who would commit treason against the Robber King.

As Belmont crossed the great stone bridge that spanned from the mainland to the Imperial City's perch in Lake Rumare, a curious thing happened. It began to rain, but as the first few fat drops approached Belmont, they burst in the air above him. As the rain increased, every drop that came within a foot of him scattered into thin air. He was completely dry even as the downpour reached its peak.

This is no ordinary rain, he thought, this is a magician's doing...

Despite some strange looks from the pair that ran the stables and the guards at the door, Belmont was able to get his horse squared away and enter the city without incident. The guards had to know who he was: his face looked out at the world from thousands of Wanted posters all across Cyrodiil. The only man more sought after than he was the Grey Fox, and nothing had been heard of him since the Oblivion Crisis.

For whatever reason, they weren't bothering him today. He pushed this new information to the back of his mind and made his way toward the Bloated Float, where the note had directed the now deceased Hunter to pick up his payment from the mysterious Sigismund.
Riky Carrasco

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 pm

ooc: This'll be a short post. Is sleepy...

1/5 Mile outside Cheydinhal

The progress was slow. It had only been several hours before the group had to stop and make shelter under the trees of the forest. The strange anonymous thunderstorm had slowed their progress. ''I don't understand this!'' Gary exclaimed, ''It wasn't supposed to rain like this!'', Wulf, whom was sitting on the ground against a large pine, looked up with a questioning glare, ''So what... you can predict weather?'' As the two began to bicker, Julius lay down on another large boulder, out in the open, allowing the rain to soak him.
Normally, he would stay indoors, in fear that another inccident would occur, but there was no 'indoors' anywhere. Only trees, and rocks. Also, there was something.....mystical about this rain. It looked strange, it felt strange, hell, it even tasted strange to Julius. That eerie burning sensation in his heart returned. When Julius first began to experience these 'feelings', they were painful, sometimes to the point where he couldn't breathe or move. He was used to them now, and it only served as an radar for him, detecting things that were mystical. The rain, apparently, was just that.

His focus was lost when he heard Emilia cutting into Gary and Wulf's argument, ''Guys knock it off, we're wet, and we're cold. Just deal with it'' Gary mumbled something under his breath and stormed off. Emilia flipped up the hood to her dark blue Cloak as sat down beside Wulf.
The Trench-coated Argonian stretched out his legs, and yawned tiredly. It was early in the day, and already, he felt tired. The rain felt as if it had put some sort of spell on him, that it had sapped out all of his energy.

At first he didn't realize that he had shut his eyes, but in the end let the cold embrace of sleep take over his mind. A little nap wont hurt...

ooc: So much for being short :P, Also, I dont think it would hurt that the thunderstorm be rather large, just maybe over the Imperial city, and area around it? Bigger storms have been recorded, so I dont think it will matter all to much. But if it does, I will edit. (I really hope I don't have to...) Now, off the bedz!
Life long Observer

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Leon jumped as the pretty woman started to look different. Everything else slipped away. 'If...if everything is alright now, I'll take my leave.' He said a bit afraid. Leon hated violence and seeing people get hurt, but as the woman appeared to be dangers just that might happen. Leon forced himself to turn around and take a few steps and leave for the door he tried to get through last time.

As he reached the door he looked back at the three of them and he still felt drawn to them. Shaking his head Leon walked through the door heading for the Elven Garden district where he had a rented house for himself. He ignored the rain as he headed home, deep in thought. Somehow Leon felt like he would meet the three of them sooner rather than later. Perhaps without any funny business. He didn't think it normal for people to change like that. What if the other two were the same? Maybe he had truly intruded on a private meeting. He didn't know.

(since posts been made already I dont think I'll edit this.)
danni Marchant

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Reynold looked silently as the Imperial left. Who was he to order him to stay. He stood quietly, only then registering that the two women had business inside the Guild. "Well, sure, if you need to go see the Arch-Mage, I'm not holding you back." Now I'm saying that. Good grief... "But after you have finished, I'd... I'm staying in the Bloated Float, at the Waterfront. If... if you have time, please come see me there." He tried to sound casual, but couldn't help sounding strained. Anyone listening to him could detect that he thought it was extremely important. "Well, then, goodbye." He started walking away.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 pm

[ OOC Note - Everybody seems to be thinking that Jentina's glimmering skin is like her sign of power; it's not. It's just her looking pretty as the rays of sun fell on her.
Gosh :P ]
Pete Schmitzer

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:24 am

OOC: At least we are all in the same time zone now :P.

IC:

The battered hard on the old and brittle window ledge, a leak dripping quietly as the silence consumed the room and all living in it. There was a leak in the window, the cold ledge had rusted and was flaking, almost beyond repair. Axel felt daunted, the three men sat staring at him, watching him, waiting to pounce.

"Now then, Axel." The old men began, a serious expression filling ever inch of his wrinkled face, his dark eyes boring into Axel's, his raspy tone almost scaring Axel, a man who is not easily scared. Who is this man Axel thought to himself, he had no idea how he knew so much, nor what he wanted, and why with Axel.

"Are we right in assuming you having something that we are eager to posses?"

This made Axel even more confused, speaking out with a mixture of rage and confusion. "Get to the point old man! Who are you, and what do you want with me!" he hollered, almost certain that the rowdy bunch below would have heard him. The burly man opposite rose sharply from his seat, pushing forward all his strength, his fist colliding with Axel's cheek sending him flying from his chair and onto the rotten wood floor.

"We do the talking Axel." the old man remarked as the huge man sat down, stroking his fist with a grin spread across his face. But Axel was unresponsive, keeping his head lowered. He could feel it. The power. The energy.

"Axel?" the old man rose from his chair, worried that his associate had hit him too hard, but he got no reply. "Axel?!" he called louder this time; worry in his voice was noticeable though he had tried to mask it with authority. The man that had sat next to Axel too, rose from his chair, walking over to the body that lay propped against the wall, his head hanging down, his expression invisible to any of the three strangers.

As the man neared a voice came from Axel, a low rasping tone with a heavy growl to the accent. "My name is not Axel." As the man stepped another foot forward springing Axel to pounce. A full set of fangs revealed to the room as well as a pair of fantastic red eyes. Black fur spread across his body as he seemed to hang in midair before he crashed upon the man. He ripped his neck to shreds as he stood on all fours, a wolf.

"My name is Gnarl."

"What is this!?" the old man shouted backing himself into the corner of the room. "Men!" he called, men ran in, kicking the wooden door down and entering at a pace, but Gnarl made short work of them too, slaughtering them in the most gruesome fashion, one by one, in front of the old mans eyes.

Only two remained, both men that had sat opposite Axel at the small desk, now crammed themselves into the corner of the room, fearing what the wolf would do to them.

"I am sorry..." the man began, "please, leave us be, we promise that we will not disturb you ever again Axel."

The wolf ignored him, leaping first for the great man that had only minutes ago hit Axel square in the face. With great ease Gnarl disembowelled the hulk of a man, tearing him to shreds in a matter of seconds, blood spilling from his insides flicking across the walls and onto the old mans face.

Gnarl looked up once again, the victim that lay at his feet now unrecognisable. A grin consumed the jet black wolf's face.

"Scared?" he asked sarcastically. The old man not even able to utter words, nodded, a single tear dripped from his eye, running down his cheek and dripping to the floor.

"You should be!" Gnarl growled loudly, almost laughing at the shiver from the old man. He jumped, the man cowering in the corner, he waited, but death did not ensue instead a man, clothed normally, tall with locks of jet black stood close. His cheek rested against the old mans. "I am far from merciless, but I do advise you do not test my anger once again." Axel whispered in his ear, he felt the response of the old man, he trembled with fear.

"Now where is my sword?"
Helen Quill

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 pm

The chase was intense. Across Lake Arrius, Lirian had hunted his prey all the way down to Lake Rumare. Now he sent his prey down to the depths of an Ayleid City. It had seemed he wanted to die where none could see him, and where none would find him. He wanted his name to end in an abyss of emptiness, his legacy cast aside, and nothing to remain. Where he went there was nothing for him. There was no trap he could set that wasn't also set for him. Where he went, he'd find nothing but a hollow death. And that was exactly what was coming.

Lirian Ascadier was a bounty hunter his entire life. A tough Breton who was brought up in Bravil, he fended for himself. He and he alone determined his life, and because of that his willpower was exceptionally strong. As was his body, as he had to be strong physically to stay alive, and mentaly to stay successful. When he escaped his life in the slums of Cyrodiil shank town, he became a bounty hunter. His work was fast, effective, and he cut every possible corner to make sure that reputation was held. He was no man of conscious or morals. He knew nothing outside of his field of work and the skills required. If he had to kill someone to get to his target, he would. And he would sleep the same, losing not an hour nor minute to his thoughts.

Lately, his assignments had been much more then regularly expected. Due to his success, he was tracked down by a steward of High Chancellor Ocato, and he'd been given a list of names in which to track down and kill. He had killed the first two, and had been granted more money then he'd ever seen. That was enough to push him to finish his list. Once he was done, he'd be able to live a grand life in any city he wanted to. This man he was now tracking was able to hold his own past the first conflict and escape. Ascadier never had someone survive an encounter with him, and to break free and run was a new experience. Needless to say, he was quite enjoying this new hunt.

He brough his right hand up to eye level, uttering a few words and allowing a light to encircle within his grasp. Decending the spiral staircase to the depths of the dark dungeon, he now prepared himself for the one split second he'd face his opponent. There would be only that one moment, and that would spell the result of the conflict. Turning each corner, he was prepared for ambush. It was not until the main chamber that he saw the wounded prey, who dissappeared behind a series of pillars. Rushing to attack, Lirian lost sight of him, halting and looking around, waiting. Suddenly, he heard his prey lunge at him. He grabbed Lirian's throat, taking him to the ground, and prepared his sword to strike. Before the sword fell, Ascadier jabbed his palm up to his opponent's chest, shocking him with an incredibly powerful lightning spell that cleared a hole through his chest. He fell over, and there he'd lay for eternity. Ascadier left, letting the body of his hunt rot at the pit of the ruins, where his name and legacy would be forgot.

But his endeavor this day did not end with the halting of the heart beats of his fallen prey. Lirian Ascadier left the Ayleid Ruin and made his way back to Cheydinhal, which he had been using as a base while he systematically eliminated these super-human like targets. He was a bounty hunter, but his line of work currently made him feel like an assassin. He enjoyed that feeling.

He did not travel on the roads. He did not enjoy travelling the way that had been taken thousands of times by any common man. His thrills was in the exploration of the land. Half way to Cheydinhal from Lake Rumare, he could tell something was amiss. He listened in the breeze, and he heard the rustling of feathers in the wind. He heard free locks of hair swaying in the breeze, and this was not his own. Turning around, he saw nothing, but it was obvious to him that he was indeed being followed. By turning around, he had alerted his company that he was suspicious, so it would be tough to draw them to attack. But he'd need to draw them out in order to actually find them. So as the sun fell, he entered a cave to feign his rest until morning.

Sure enough, an hour after he slipped into the cave, he could hear a pack of intruders. There were more then one, but he could tell there were no more then a small hunting party, perhaps mercenaries hired to avenge the death of one of his past works. Slipping into the darkness, he allowed one to pass, in which he drew his sword and struck out. Two of his hunters drew swords and attacked, but they were both parried and cut with ease, falling dead to the ground. There was another, an archer. The feathers on his arrows were what gave their hunt away. He drew back a bow and shot, hitting Ascadier in the stomach. Grunting in pain, he looked up, a daunted smile stretched across his face. Quivering, the archer dropped his bow and ran out of the cave, Lirian giving pursuit. Upon exiting, the bounty hunter launched a powerful fireball at his back, striking him and killing him on impact.

A lone pigeon flew down near the dead archer, walking around his corpse. A messenger bird, Lirian thought, perhaps could keep any such events from occuring once more. Lirian Ascadier took a small scroll from the dead archer, wrote that the mercenaries killed the bounty hunter, and sent the pigeon with it to whomever gave the order.

Now there were three of ten dead. His next target was at the Jerall Mountains by Bruma. He would take care of this one, get his pay from Ocato, and perhaps then he could find time to discover his hunter.
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:49 pm

[Okay for this part, I'm just gonna have to skip them going to the arch mage because I don't know the girls business, but she could add on in her next post what they spoke of.]

Heels clicked as she walked up the steps to the University's doors. Familiar feelings began to race to her, remembering vividly the very day she was walking down these steps, and away from everything she knew. The ghost of her past walked right through her, the faded black-and-white image of a little girl walking down those stone steps, with a melancholy look ? the voices still rang through her head. "You can't stay here." Jentina shook her head, eyes falling to the paved stones below her feet. "You must go." The rain fell heavily upon them, the crackling of the thunder sounding overhead; those sentimental flashes of lightning, each raindrop holding the soul of one that has passed. "Well, we're here, little one." Hand grasping the door, she pulled it open and let her in first. After the girl walked inside, Jentina's eyes fell back to the outside, to the group dispersing.

She turned her head, and there he was ? the same arch mage that kicked her out over a decade ago. He seemed subtly surprised, and just before he spoke, Jentina raised her hand for him to stop. "I'm not here to talk to you." Her hand fell upon the girls back, giving her a light push towards him. "She's from Vvardenfell. She needs you." (this is where she can take over from)

When all the business between the younger girl and the arch mage was said and done, she was out of there. She didn't want to spend any more time than she needed to in his presence ? honestly, could you blame her for being thoroughly upset and angry that he sent her away? Even if you could, in Jentina's morbid world, she was always right, and without fault. "I didn't catch your name, young one." Her eyes were kept in front of her, even as she descended the steps. Her next destination? over to The Bloated Float, where the old bugger mentioned he would be after they were done there. "Well I'm Jentina." She could tell the young girl was nervous, her body was trembling lightly. "Don't worry, with me you'll be safe. Nobody will dare lay a finger upon you while you're with me, they'll sooner lose that same finger."

Whether the girl spoke or not, she continued conversing with her. Through the large wooden doors they went, and into the next district; they were nearing their destination. "So you're from Vvardenfell? I lived in Balmora once; worked at Desele's and got my good share of some lovely moonsug?scrib jelly. Mm, yes." If anybody had noticed, there was a small filter between what her brain thinks and what her mouth speaks. Manicured finger ran along a matted curl, her red lips pursing softly. Before long, they were walking along the wooden pier and into the Bloated Float. The door man had given her problems about the girl getting in, but a cold stare from Jen, and his mind was instantly changed. The float smelled heavily of smoke and alcohol, something Jen didn't mind. Her eyes narrowed as she found the old man once again ? grasping a glass of whatever the bartend had given her, she took a light sip and walked in his direction.
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:11 pm

One Week ago

Lieutanant-Commander Lewen Eriksson stood on the deck of The Lionheart, the smell of salt which usually brought a smile to his face did nothing.

Damn that pirate!
Aye, not only did that motherless bastard kill Groz, but the Captains now dying.
Well at least Aerin shot him down
Aye that woma.....

Lewen's thoughts were cut off by one of the deck hands, '..Ilmiril that the boy's name..', tugging on his sleeve.

'Yes Ilmiril?' queried the irate officer.
'Ah, sorry for interrupting you sir but...ah...' stuttered the Bosmer.
'Yes boy spit it out!'
'Well there is a ship moving rather fast towrds us and seeing as you happen to be the highest ranked, non-incapacitated officer on board.'
'Och fine boy.'

Lewen strode to the side of the once-fine ship which had now fallen into disrepair. As he passed the lanterns, the chains creaked as the lanterns were unexplainably drawn towards him. He had never understood why metal objects were pulled towards him, it made his job more stressful than was necessary, as compasses and other fine instuments wouldn't work when next to him.

Once he reached the port side of the ship Lewen didn't need a telescope to see that the ship was flying pirate colours.

'...dammit' he whispered 'All hands to stations!, All port side ballistae be calibrated to those filthy, flea-bitten cut throats.' the hybrid roared.
Andrea P

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm

1/5 miles outside Cheydinhal

''....Kelly...?'' At the mention of one of his various nicknames, Julius bobbed his head in his sleep, and smacked his lips.

''Come on Kelly, wake up....'' the voice said again, it sounded so familiar to Julius, but in his sleep-induced state, he could only make it out as female. He felt something nudge his shoulders. It was really enough to wake him up, but then he felt something grab onto both of his shoulders with a tightening force.

''Julius! Wake up, dammit!''

The Argonian's eyes sprung open, Wulf was standing over him, both of his hands of Julius' shoulders. Emilia was standing next to him, giving the Imperial boy a scowl. ''Was that really necessary?'' She asked.
Wulf let go of the shocked and confused Julius, and smirked to himself, ''At your rate, we'd be days behind. And besides... I always wanted to do that...'' Emilia made a disgust full groan and stormed off, mumbling various things under her breath.

Julius, whom was still trying to figure out what had just happened, rubbed his eyes, Uuuuuugh.... I'm going to kill him...., he thought as he regained himself, and sluggishly slid off the rock he slept on. Wulf shot his scaly friend a look, a look that Julius had received all his life. ''How on Nirn could you sleep like that in the rain?'' he asked. Julius grabbed his backpack, that was resting against the rock, and slung it over his shoulder. It was surprisingly dry, he then looked at Wulf and merely shrugged.

''Come on guys!'' Gary called from his horse, ''Lets get moving before the rain picks up again!'', as Wulf and Julius approached the two horses, Gary pulled out a small brown, raggedy book, and began flipping through a few pages. He stopped on one page and read for a few seconds, ''Okay....'' he said, he closed the book, ''From our current position, which... is here.... we have to move northwest a ways, until we come up to a large 'marked' pine tree. I don't know what that means, but I suppose we'll know when we see it...''

Wulf mounted the horse that Emilia also was on, he sat in front of her, and tugged on the horses reigns, ''Alright, lets do this'' he announced, and without warning tugged on the reigns again and trotted deeper into the forest. Julius ran after Wulf, jolting his legs awake almost instantly. Gary was slow to react, he cursed loudly as the horse refused to move at first, then hesitantly broke into a slow gallop.

ooc: I'll update later...
Sista Sila

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:54 pm

The Imperial City was still stranger to Axel; he had no idea where he was going, or where now he had to go, yet for hours he wondered, the events of that morning playing over and over again in the forefront of his mind. Too scared to ask any guard for directions, he headed east, the city looked different in the day, the eerie and almost haunted feeling evaporated and instead a great buzz of society and happiness filled its streets. The streets themselves were busy, people rushing too and fro, and Axel often caught himself weaving between crowds of children playing and advlts working and living.

Axel was sure that it must have been those men that had sent the note to him, but he still had no idea how they had found him and his army, nor how the old man had expected him to arrive at that time, at that place. Confused Axel made his way over to a small maple bench, and sat. An engraving in the bench read…

‘In loving memory of Arelius.’

Axel had no idea who it was, nor what had happened to the man for whom the bench was built to respect, but his mind wondered, his imagination playing through many of the things that could have happened.

Axels mind returned once more to his current situation, pondering over whether to return to his clan, or whether to remain out here, in the Imperial City. Something kept him here, something spiritual, he had no idea what it was, or where it came from but he really felt it, especially whilst Gnarl was in control. Perhaps the City would have the answers to who Gnarl was, what he wanted with Axel, and how he got with Axel in the first place.

Axel took some time to consider it, and before long he had decided, he would stay.

Edit. OOC: Just to let you all know, as it may not have been too clear in my Character Sheet, Gnarl is not an ordinary wolf. More like a http://jlonewolf.deviantart.com/art/Werewolf-77703022. Just to save any mixups in the future. Cheers.
Emma Copeland

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 am

OOC: screw it I made it a new post

Now

Lewen looked at the triple line and circle that made up the design on his epaulettes, knowing that this would be the last time he could sneak into, or out of, a local tavern without being saluted eighteen freakin' times. Knowing that this would be the last time that anyone on a ship would ever doubt him. You see Captains don't get that sort of treatment.

As I see you are somewhat confused I will backtrack slightly

One Week ago

'All hands to stations!, All port side ballistae be calibrated to those filthy, flea-bitten cut throats.'

As Lewen roared his orders to the crew he noticed that many of them hesitated slightly 'Damn them! Their god-damned Captain is dying, in five minutes they'll be dying and they're questioning me?' Lewen quickly strode to the closest shipman, his heavy boots and long stride giving him away.

'Listen, boy. If you don't follow my orders I'll have the god-damned cook use your thigh bone as a whet stone.' Whispered the officer.
'S..sorry sir it's just....' winced the seaman, he'd already been bashed over the head once already today, he didn'y want it to happen again.
'Spit it out boy we've only a few minutes to our deaths.'
'Well we all know that you have a deadra the follows you around below deck.'
'Ahh I believe that your speaking of Fawkes? Well he has proven to hace twice the courage you do so GET TO THE BALLISTA OR I'LL FIRE YOU OUT OF IT.

If the Lieutenant's whispering was bad, the roar that emanated from his half Nordic throat would have shamed an adrenaline crazed beserker.

The pirates chose that time to fire upon the Naval ship, an act punishable by death in any Imperial courtroom, which is to say all of them. The massive steel spike was wrenched from it's resting place by the contraction of a rope woven from guts of three goblins and a troll. Either by luck or some unholy magic it managed to rip the jaw off of the seaman as he grovelled at his superior.

Lewen was shocked by the violence and incredulousness of the situation that had just occured.

What. The. Hell just happened?
Considering I am you that statement was rather foolish.
Shut up damn you. Oh damn.

What broke Lewen out of his head, a rare occurence I might add, was the sound of hob-nailed boots rapping on his deck. All of the men on his ship wore leather shoes. Insinctually Lewen drew his sabre and parried the pike that was thrust at his chest. Being put off balance left the privateer completely open for someone to say, stab him through the kidney, which is of course what happened. Picking up both the pirate's boarding pike and his small one-handed crossbow Lewen sprinted to the small group of men that were managing to hold off seven pirates.

Hmm they were trained well at least.
The left side of the Dunmer is far too open.
Well he is a Dunmer.
Aye.

Lewn had manged to shoot one of the pirates and impale another before they knew he was there. As he threw the now useless crossbow at the face of a pirate a thought occured to Lewen.

Why was killing insinctual to him?

Who had the right to teach me these skills?
I was a perfectly innocent mage before these blood thirsty sailors got a hold on me.

Lewen snapped out of his head to realise that near all of the pirates were dead and those that weren't had surrendured. He learnt later that during the half an hour that he was blacked out all of the nearby sailors and pirates weapons were renched from their hands, apparently a pirate had been decapitated when his necklace cut through him like a torch through a troll. This was the second time that something like this had happened, the first time ended up with three dead soldiers and a Captain who was dying from a pirates blade that seemingly threw itself into his lower back.

OOC: holy damn that's my longest post I think!
Adam Kriner

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Reynold Justus
Imperial City, Waterfront District; The Bloated Float Inn

Reynold was playing dices with a stranger when he felt that Risen were approaching. He looked up and saw the two women from the Arcane University at the door, looking around. The older saw him. He caught her eye and nodded. He told the stranger that he had some private business and he wrenched himself from the chair to find another person to play with.

"Ladies," he greeted them. "Please, be seated." He was in a good mood, as he had won a little money in the game. He ordered another drink and sipped it. "So. How did your meeting with the Arch-Mage go?"

OOC: Short, yes, but that's the best I can do ATM. Sorry, guys.
IsAiah AkA figgy

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion