The Underground 2 Patch Project

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 8:27 am

I fixed it in CS for some reason the door was not linked to the inside of the shack. Small fix anyways. BTW great job on fixing this i love the underground one of my all time favorite mods.
Jack Walker

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 5:38 pm

When I loaded UG2PhaseC_v06.esp,the game says "Interior Cell 'The Luminer Realm' trying to become Exterior Cell (-15, -8)! Press Yes or No.".Is it a bug?Because I loaded about 80 mods.
Benito Martinez

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 7:32 pm

does this require the first underground as well to run?
Vera Maslar

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:58 pm

It requires TU2, but not the original underground, since TU2 is an expanded version of this.
Solène We

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 2:51 pm

I've got a playtest going of some mods including TU (or UG as I've designated it) and just did Googoo-booboo for the first time. The Redemption crash seems pretty consistent with other Underground crashes. In advance of another patch down the road, here's what you can do:

First, make a backup of your save game if you're in the middle of one! You might have to undo your changes.

In the Construction Set, load UG2PhaseC_v06.esp and open script SCUGGoogooA (or, in the original mod, A1googoo). Comment-out (put a ; in front of) the line < PositionCell 5 5 5 5 "Qjunk" >. Save the script. Save the mod. You should now be able to pick up Redemption.

As far as getting into Amanda's shack, there are actually two front doors (for reasons I haven't yet determined). One is supposed to disable at some point. I thought in UG2PhaseC_v06.esp that I had made them pretty distinct, but perhaps they're still tricky. You might have to swing your crosshairs around until you find the right door to latch on to, or you might even have to temporarily disable the inactive one until you get inside.
Mariaa EM.

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:49 pm

So that's what it came to, was a comment within the script being designated incorrectly: missing the semi-colon? Wow such a simple fix for a big headache. Glad you noticed that.
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Are you still working on the patch? I played through TU 1 back in the days and loved it. But I never came to play TU 2, because of it being unfinished and buggy. But I guess with a good and stable patch I might find the time to try it :)
Meghan Terry

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 7:49 am

Can this be re-uploaded if someone has. I guess I never grabbed it... thanks :)

And I hope this is still being worked on! I've never finished this mod due to the bugs
Big Homie

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 8:27 pm

The download in the OP is still valid.
FoReVeR_Me_N

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 6:42 pm

The download in the OP is still valid.

When I click on it, it tells me that it is an invalid or deleted file :unsure:
Fiori Pra

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:32 am

Sorry the latest dl is in post 4 and when I click on it and the download it pops up I have no problems :shrug:
michael flanigan

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Sorry the latest dl is in post 4 and when I click on it and the download it pops up I have no problems :shrug:

Ah #4, got thanks!
Kelly John

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Question: how do you have the patch applied and not double the objects from the original mod? Every time it's enabled, I run into a second of everything (NPCs, monsters, etc.).
Lucie H

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Question: how do you have the patch applied and not double the objects from the original mod? Every time it's enabled, I run into a second of everything (NPCs, monsters, etc.).

Untick the original mod, and keep the huskobar's .esp ticked, his esp replaces the original, you only need the TU2 dl'd for the meshes/textures ect. not the esp itself.
NO suckers In Here

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Hey guys, so I installed this patch and now I get this error when initializing data for the main menu (not a save): "Interior Cell 'Luminer Realm' is trying to become Exterior Cell"

Doesn't crash or anything, but just thought I'd mention it as beyond the literal, I really have no idea what it could mean.
Jah Allen

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 12:58 pm

The MediaFire link is still valid http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jddjke4njyf

Yes, this is still being worked on in an offhand way. I am playing UG2 (TU2) in conjunction with an amalgamation project as a playtest. Quite frankly, now that I have MCP, EXE Optimizer, and my GOTY Script Tidy installed, the game is FINALLY stable and functional enough that I feel compelled to play as much as work. I'm really just trying to get an overall picture of how well UG2 plays in the greater context and amassing the next list of bugs to work on.

Sorry, Capital88. I think I used to know what that means, but I forget. I'll put it on my to-look-at list.
Alan Cutler

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 2:37 pm

well the only problem ive had so far would be the CTD in the underground passage C to the entrance to the lost city of poramous. its ran smoothly, its not the "72 hour crash" you get from vladir, because i deleted both references after that small part. So idk what it is, ive gotten through ONE time, and all i remember was after pulling a lever a building coming out of the water. then it crashed. I've beat the game using the console, but then idk what goes on because i skipped alot of it. im still able to kill mannec and get the reward though.
Josh Dagreat

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 7:41 am

Tested this out on my copy and, umm... it duplicated all the NPCs invovled, Specifically Ukei and showed both Johnny and Syndia. That was enough for me.

Now, it wouldn't have been a problem if it was just on the save I tried to clean the Underground 2 from (it fatally CTD'ed when I tried to get into Underground Passage by way of Underground Nightmare, so I've been trying to recover it with no such luck)... but it also happened on the save where I had not encountered the Underground 2 content beyond random spiders and the occassional (new) building without going inside. Not sure what's going on, but...
Josh Dagreat

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 9:45 am

you only have the patch turned on, not the underground 2 also, the patch still used the underground 2's files, so when you run the underground 2, and the underground 2 patch project, its like running 2 underground 2s. just have the patch project turned on, not the underground 2 itself.
Alberto Aguilera

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 am

I've entered Zalen Halrax's house ready to start placing Daedric armor on a mannequin, and there is no mannequin. Help please?
Grace Francis

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:43 pm

The MediaFire link is still valid http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jddjke4njyf

Yes, this is still being worked on in an offhand way. I am playing UG2 (TU2) in conjunction with an amalgamation project as a playtest. Quite frankly, now that I have MCP, EXE Optimizer, and my GOTY Script Tidy installed, the game is FINALLY stable and functional enough that I feel compelled to play as much as work. I'm really just trying to get an overall picture of how well UG2 plays in the greater context and amassing the next list of bugs to work on.

Sorry, Capital88. I think I used to know what that means, but I forget. I'll put it on my to-look-at list.

Huskobar - is your GOTY Script Tidy good to go now? I reread the thread and it seemed like the current version had 2 script errors in the full version (cant seem to post in that thread, is it locked?). Secondly, what still needs left to be fixed in UG2 patch you are still working on in an offhand way?
Alexx Peace

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Is this thread and/or project still alive?

If so i hope some of you guys can help me with a bug in TU2, regarding Synda not teleporting with me when i use Almsivi Intervention etc. or help me make a script that teleports my companion to me. I have made a thread with more details should any of you want to help. If not, consider this a bug report :-)

http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1113797-tu2-synda-wont-teleport-with-me/
Calum Campbell

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 7:28 am

I don't think Huskobar is working on this, but in #4 in this thread (4. post on page 1) there is a version to download, which fixes most of the serious problems. I don't know if this looks at companion teleportation though.
N3T4

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Im using this version so no, but thanks for the reply. I just tested it some more here is what happens:
i was standing at Rethan Manor (have tried both inside and outside, same result) and had Synda on follow. I then used Almsivi Intervention to Balmora. She didn't follow me and was nowhere to be seen and she didn't warp with me. I then went to The Underground and talked to the bartender which is supposed to bring back Synda if you got seperated from her, but he acted like she was with me. I then went back to Rethan Manor but she wasen't there either, its like she stopped existing or was teleported somewhere far away. *confused*
Latino HeaT

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 11:46 am

I played through and completed TU and TU2, several times each. I've got to say that with the exception of the Balmora sewer spiders, I found TU much more stable than TU2. With that in mind (the spiders and a reluctance for the weather to become normal were the only problems I had), might not an idea be to compare problematic TU2 scripts with their TU counterparts? Might aide in fixing issues.
Betsy Humpledink

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind