The Underground 2 Patch Project

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Is this thread and/or project still alive?

Alive.

...regarding Synda not teleporting with me when i use Almsivi Intervention etc.

I am on the verge of posting an update. It will fix a few outstanding issues. Unfortunately, teleporting will not be one of them. I'll put it at the top of the list for the next release, though. I'm not sure why they don't return to the bar when you talk to the bartender, if that's an old problem or one I introduced, but I'm glad you reminded me of that.

...an idea be to compare problematic TU2 scripts with their TU counterparts? Might aide in fixing issues.

From some previous post I was under the impression that TU2 had more features than TU, and so was adding to the complexity. I never really thought about making such a comparison, but it's a good thought.
ashleigh bryden

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Huskobar, if you need any more info on the teleporting just tell me and i'll be happy to help you with some testing.

I have however solved the problem in my own save game. The solution isn't elegant but it works. I have made a script to simply spawn a new Synda infront of me, and then added a dialogue to give her the equipment back, set her disposition back to 100 and to re-allow companion share. All the other dialogue etc i have had with her is still there so it works as a crappy workaround but not something i could recommend.
Dan Scott

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Okay,
hold my nose, here it goes!
The upgrade has been updated... http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lghpzx0z3i5vvj9

A few more outstanding issues have been addressed:
- Ordinators in Abaesen-Pulu Egg Mine
- Fagrath
- Ring of Awareness capabilities
- Amanda's shack door
- Kalnoris manor door
- Redemption in Googoo-Booboo
- Zalen Halzax mannequin
- 'running-dialogue' messageboxes
- Smiley's greeting

I will leave the previous version up for a period of time in case anyone needs it.

Be reminded, despite the project name, this is a full .esp upgrade, not just an add-on. You will have to remove any previous versions of the mod before attempting to play this one. Use the icons, meshes, and textures from the original mod though.

I then went to The Underground and talked to the bartender which is supposed to bring back Synda if you got seperated from her, but he acted like she was with me. I then went back to Rethan Manor but she wasen't there either...

UG2 (as I call it) is VERY fussy about changes to your load list in the middle of a game. With any change to your load list, you run the risk of missing doors, doubling, and things like you describe above arising from missing dialogue updates and misfiring scripts. With a fresh version of UG2, it's best to start a fresh game. With this latest version, I teleported away from Johnny/Synda several times, and talking to the bartender worked. Johnny/Synda always popped into The Underground within a few seconds and started following me.

Huskobar, if you need any more info on the teleporting just tell me and i'll be happy to help you with some testing.

...I have made a script to simply spawn a new Synda...

Thank you, I might take you up on that. It might be a while since I'm leaving this mod for a while to go onto other things. Your script sounds excellent for testing, so if you wanted to pass that along... :nod:
hannaH

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:41 am

UG2 (as I call it) is VERY fussy about changes to your load list in the middle of a game. With any change to your load list, you run the risk of missing doors, doubling, and things like you describe above arising from missing dialogue updates and misfiring scripts. With a fresh version of UG2, it's best to start a fresh game. With this latest version, I teleported away from Johnny/Synda several times, and talking to the bartender worked. Johnny/Synda always popped into The Underground within a few seconds and started following me.

That might be the cause Synda wouldn't show up at the bar, as it worked in the beginning when she wouldn't teleport with me. I might have screwed up my load list when i started to try to fix things myself. I just thought that Wrye Mash would ensure stuff like that wouldn't happen. Anways on to the script. I have it in a seperate .esp but i really don't think its a good idea to share cause i haven't cleaned it or anything as i have no idea how to do that, so instead i will post the code.

Script to spawn Synda with a ring (base structure of the ring taken from "All stronghold non-equipping transport ring" mod) :

Begin AND_SpawnSynda

short button
short messageOn
short OnPcEquip
short PCSkipEquip
short Active

if ( OnPCEquip == 0)
set Active to 0
endif

if ( OnPCEquip == 1)
set Active to 1
endif

set PCSkipEquip to 1

if ( Active == 1)
Set OnPCEquip to 0
MessageBox "What do you want to do?" "Placeholder" "Spawn Synda" "Nevermind"
set messageON to 1
endif

if ( messageOn == 1)
set button to GetButtonPressed

if (button == 0)
playsound, "mysticism hit"

set messageOn to 0
Player->AddItem "Gold_001", 1
Player->RemoveItem "Gold_001", 1
return
endif

if (button == 1)
playsound, "mysticism hit"
PlaceAtPC, AASynda_Rains 1 120 0
AddTopic -Equip
set messageOn to 0
Player->AddItem "Gold_001", 1
Player->RemoveItem "Gold_001", 1
return
endif
endif

End AND_SpawnSynda

Then the dialogue option to give Synda her end-game gear and remove her starting gear and to set her disposition back to max (i named the option "-Equip". Speaker condition should be "AASynda_Rains"):

SetDisposition 1000
RemoveItem Q_blkThighBoots, 1
RemoveItem QshortsTop01, 1
RemoveItem "daedric dai-katana", 1
AddItem, Q_Sting, 1
AddItem, Qfishnets, 1
AddItem, Q_red_stockingsB, 1
AddItem, "Q_shiny Black Boots2", 1
AddItem, Q_shiny_black_miniskirt2, 1
AddItem, Q_syn_corset, 1

All dialogue i have had with Synda seems to be saved even when i spawn a new one, but Companion Share is not enabled when spawning a new Synda. To fix this add the line "Set Compaion to 1" right after the initializing of the script SCUGSyndaA. It should look like this:
Float coDist2
Float playz
Float h_Check

Set Companion to 1
Set counter To ( counter + 1 )

It might be possible to add the following line of code after the AddTopic command in the spawning script so you don't have to change the original script but i haven't tested it myself :

Set AASynda_Rains.Companion to 1 (source : Morrowind Scripting for Dummies v9.0 page 29)

As i said, not sure if that work because Synda is no longer "unique" which i think the command requires, so i have just turned Companion Share on inside the script it self (see above). Also because she isn't unique anymore i can't give Synda her gear directly from the spawning script so i had to make it a dialogue option.

Also tried to make the ring-script disable and delete any former Syndas in my game, but that seemed to either cause CTD or not working (probably because she wasen't unique), so should i run into any Syndas in my game(i haven't yet) i would open the console, click on them and type:
disable
SetDelete, 1

Think thats about it, but as i said if you need to know anything else or want me to test out something, feel free to write it in here, i will bookmark the thread and check it from time to time.
Wanda Maximoff

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Super! I'll give it a whirl and get back to you if I have any questions. Thank you.
saxon

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 8:03 am

Well it appears my TESTool problem is related to something funny going on with my current install. TESTool (and I assume TESAME) only works with the simplest of mods, otherwise it crashes. I'll try to get to the root of this (maybe something in the header), meantime I wonder if I could impose on someone to try cleaning the latest version of this upgrade and see if it goes o.k. for you. If so, perhaps you could make your file available. I'll check it against what I have, and rebundle and re-upload it if it works out.
Much TIA.
chinadoll

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Well it appears my TESTool problem is related to something funny going on with my current install. TESTool (and I assume TESAME) only works with the simplest of mods, otherwise it crashes. I'll try to get to the root of this (maybe something in the header), meantime I wonder if I could impose on someone to try cleaning the latest version of this upgrade and see if it goes o.k. for you. If so, perhaps you could make your file available. I'll check it against what I have, and rebundle and re-upload it if it works out.
Much TIA.

I used tes3cmd to clean it and also multipatch command to merged the leveled lists....worked fine too. I have 255 esps loaded, object merged the esps that needed it and multipatched the leveled lists which seems to do a better job than wrye mash.
Bigze Stacks

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks everyone, but I'm cool. A simple re-install of TESTool was all it took. Now the upgrade is rebundled, re-uploaded, and it should be clean. Here is the new link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?55zo2gusi3ffb9t

For those who have already downloaded it, sorry. You can clean that version yourself as above, re-download it, or, heck, probably just leave it. It's not that bad.
Nathan Maughan

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 3:57 pm

This topic http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1115282-combining-lgnpc-esps/, post #7, brought to light a problem with TESTool merges. Is anyone else having a problem with this, even with the updated link? http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?55zo2gusi3ffb9t
If so, any suggestions about why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.
I'll try some mock testing, though I usually merge mods just using the Construction Set and/or Wrye Mash.
Jessica Nash

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:06 pm

This topic http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1115282-combining-lgnpc-esps/, post #7, brought to light a problem with TESTool merges. Is anyone else having a problem with this, even with the updated link? http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?55zo2gusi3ffb9t
If so, any suggestions about why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.
I'll try some mock testing, though I usually merge mods just using the Construction Set and/or Wrye Mash.

bryman1970 is talking about merging objects, which AFAIK you can't do with the CS or Mash, and the problem he's having sounds like the known problem that TESTOOL crashes when merging objects on large numbers of plugins. It doesn't sound like it is specifically related to UG2PhaseC_v07.
Kari Depp

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 pm

I have gone all the way through the Underground2 using the Patch project's version #06. Everything has worked ok (other than the missing mannequin, which i don't really care about) until the TNT barrel. Activating the detonator just keeps giving me the message about not holding a torch. Please help. Is there a console command to actually accomplish this one final task?

I must have tried this task 50 times with the same result! Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

RPM

Merry Christmas!

Here are several problem areas which should now be fixed:

- Marpha
- Jym Cowen
- Spider Factory TNT
- Null Deacon
- Mannec (still tough, but should be more manageable)
- the spike fall
- Orange Poramous force field (after fix, I do seem to get the right greeting from Fram Daken)
- post-fairies crash
- Vos crash
- a few other tweaks

(For a non-scripter, the Null Deacon and TNT were quite a slog I must say!)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jddjke4njyf

Other issues:

- while the one force field seems fixed, the rest of Poramous is still a mess (forcefields, doors)
- blight storms persist or at least cause CTD when tailing off
- couldn't fix the Johnny/Synda body non-pickup, but put workaround instructions in-game
- those blasted spiders in the Balmora sewer (grrr) I don't think it's the spiders themselves but a script (possibly SCUGsix) which causes them to jitter. Not fixed yet.
- Smiley's companion-follow - I won't fix this now. It's too complex and it mostly works anyhow.
- message boxes still screwy. I'm trying to think of a better way of presenting them
- 'strip', 'kiss', etc. commands not dealt with - undecided about how to far to go with fix
- Luminer Realm not dealt with
- outstanding issues from previous version still undealt with (body parts, texture patch, compatibilities, etc.)

Most breaks in the main quest are thus patched. Anyone who has been dissuaded from playing this mod because of bugs should now give it a try. The remaining bugs (except Poramous and the blight) should be things you can overlook or work around, and this mod has a brilliant storyline and things you won't find anywhere else! Save often. Back up your saves.

My work on this mod will slow down as I turn my attentions elsewhere.

Happy new year!

priscillaaa

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:14 pm

I have gone all the way through the Underground2 using the Patch project's version #06. Everything has worked ok until the TNT barrel. Activating the detonator just keeps giving me the message about not holding a torch. Please help. Is there a console command to actually accomplish this one final task?

I must have tried this task 50 times with the same result! Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

RPM

if you have a mod which alters lights in any way, then you wont e able to light it with most torches
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 6:00 pm

if you have a mod which alters lights in any way, then you wont e able to light it with most torches

I went to Balmora and bought some more torches, then went to Seyda Neen and got some out of the bandit cave. I then went back to the spider lab and tried them on the detonator. Several didn't work but one did. Whew! My journal updated and the fireworks and congratulations began. I can't get that mod with the globe to load correctly as it crashes the game every time I travel back to Balmora. I guess I'll just live with the Fireworks.

Thanks to those of you who worked hard to improve this mod!
Steven Nicholson

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback, rpmfla. It's gratifying to hear that your results were mostly positive. If, as andtheherois suggests, there is a mod you know of that alters lights, pass it along and perhaps I can find a way to accomodate it in the next update.
As far as lighting the TNT detonator, in the standard game you can simply
Spoiler
run upstairs and grab a torch off the wall

which is what I've always done during testing.
I don't know why the Sanity Globe would be crashing for you. I'm considering merging it with The Underground sometime in the future. Perhaps I'll be able to uncover some anomally at that time.
Tiffany Castillo

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:10 pm

If I could just ask one more question...

Possible Spoilers ahead

I just finished the mod but my wife is playing on another computer and she mentioned Johnny didn't follow her to Mournhold. When she got back from the Vacant Manor, the script where Johnny comments about knowing where the Rothran Tomb (or whatever the location is called where the amulet is) plays out. So, even though there was a glitch and he didn't go to Mournhold, he did follow through with the script.

Now, my wife just went to the Kalnoris Manor to talk to tentacle face about being the master, but Johnny doesn't say anything. She then left the manor and walked outside and still nothing about returning to Amanda's shack.

These two things taken together would suggest that Johnny is messed up somehow. My wife is going to try going back to Amanda's house to see if the plot will continue or if she is at a dead end due to Johnny's reluctance to participate.

Any thoughts?

By the way, I know this is not a help site for the Underground 2, but I have looked elsewhare for answers and only found questions with no follow-ups. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Devils Cheek

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Boy, I've never had that happen. Johnny's always been pretty good about following me to Mournhold. Off the top of my head:

Are you (your wife) using the latest update version, v.07? I doubt that will make much difference, but who knows?
Did she get to Mournhold the usual way (Asciene Rane at Ebonheart)? Teleporting any other way could cause problems.
Did she try reloading a save from before going to Mournhold? It might be a one-time glitch.
Talk to Johnny about 'a change' and get him to stop following. Then repeat and get him to follow again.
She could go to a remote location and teleport away from Johnny, then go to The Underground and talk to the ogrim bartender about Johnny. If the bartender recognizes that Johnny's lost, Johnny should reappear in the bar ready to follow again.

Console:
When speaking to 'tentacle face' :), check that the game recognizes that Johnny is near the PC. In the console, type 'show Acomp_near'. Anytime Johnny's near you, the value should be 2. If it's not (for whatever reason), type 'set Acomp_near to 2'.
After talking to Kalnoris, there should be a journal update. Check that it occured by typing 'GetJournalIndex "_AwarenessM"'. It should say 145 ("Well it appears Ginfig lied..."). If it doesn't, you could try updating it yourself: 'Journal "_AwarenessM" 145'.

See if any of that helps.
Scott

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:16 am

Thank you very much! Now my wife can proceed to Amanda's Hut to have six with a vampire...doh!

I did as you suggested and found that Johnny came up "0", so I reset him to "2" and that did the trick.

Much gratitude for providing a fix so my wife can continue with this mod. By the way, she is using the 06 version of the mod.

Boy, I've never had that happen. Johnny's always been pretty good about following me to Mournhold. Off the top of my head:

Are you (your wife) using the latest update version, v.07? I doubt that will make much difference, but who knows?
Did she get to Mournhold the usual way (Asciene Rane at Ebonheart)? Teleporting any other way could cause problems.
Did she try reloading a save from before going to Mournhold? It might be a one-time glitch.
Talk to Johnny about 'a change' and get him to stop following. Then repeat and get him to follow again.
She could go to a remote location and teleport away from Johnny, then go to The Underground and talk to the ogrim bartender about Johnny. If the bartender recognizes that Johnny's lost, Johnny should reappear in the bar ready to follow again.

Console:
When speaking to 'tentacle face' :), check that the game recognizes that Johnny is near the PC. In the console, type 'show Acomp_near'. Anytime Johnny's near you, the value should be 2. If it's not (for whatever reason), type 'set Acomp_near to 2'.
After talking to Kalnoris, there should be a journal update. Check that it occured by typing 'GetJournalIndex "_AwarenessM"'. It should say 145 ("Well it appears Ginfig lied..."). If it doesn't, you could try updating it yourself: 'Journal "_AwarenessM" 145'.

See if any of that helps.

roxxii lenaghan

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Does anyone know of any reasons why I should leave version 06 on the Media Fire download site? It's time to do some file cleaning and I would like to remove it. The most recent version of the upgrade is 07 which should be more complete. Has anyone run into issues with 07 that weren't in 06?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jddjke4njyf

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?55zo2gusi3ffb9t

edit: v06 link removed
Heather beauchamp

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:13 pm

The problem affects UG2PhaseC_v07.esp

I can't get Johnny to open Amanda Renge's door. When I traceback the variables to be set, they point to the mainscript SCUGJohnnyA. At some point it should call "StartScript SCUGGlobJohnny" at around line 568. That script will "Set Acomp_near To 2" which will allow the shack door to open. It's clear that scripts SCUGSyndaA and SCUGJohnnyA should be identical but they aren't. I've noted the differences below. Could you please fix this in the next release. I changed SCUGJohnnyA script to match SCUGSyndaA assuming that the latter script is correct and am testing it now.

Edit: That definitely fixed my problem, should I upload the file somewhere, my personal preference is to do a binary diff of this work against the original .ESP. Check username bnoabody on Tesnexus for my oblivion fixes such as "Viconia DeVir Final Fight Fix". I spent a couple of hours troubleshooting the problem but I can't call my work remarkable. All of the information was there, I just "stared and compared".

Lines present in SCUGSyndaA but missing from SCUGJohnnyA:

Line 28 Short playerdrawn
Line 189 Set TimerD To ( TimerD + GetSecondsPassed )
Line 190 Set playerdrawn To ( player->GetWeaponDrawn )

SCUGSyndaA Lines 580 to 591:
If ( Day == CrrQDy )
Return
Else
If ( alternate == 0 )
If ( GetJournalIndex "_Awareness" >= 99 )
Set ahiccup To 5
EndIf
Set alternate To 1 ;<--line in different spot from SCUGJohnnyA
Set CrrQDy To Day ;<--line in different spot from SCUGJohnnyA
Return
EndIf
EndIf

SCUGJohnnyA Lines 580 to 591:
If ( Day == CrrQDy )
Return
Else
If ( alternate == 0 )
Set alternate To 1 ;<--line in different spot from SCUGSyndaA
Set CrrQDy To Day ;<--line in different spot from SCUGSyndaA
If ( GetJournalIndex "_AwarenessM" >= 99 )
Set ahiccup To 5
EndIf
Return
EndIf
EndIf
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Issue noted and added to 'to do' list, however my Morrowind progress has slowed to a crawl owing to EMPLOYMENT (yay!) which demands most of my time. I'll get to things as I can, though I must say any spare time I have is inclined to go to my total conversion project. I thank you for your report, though. Such input is important.
NeverStopThe

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:24 pm

I just wanted to ask something, when you need to go through the tunnel acces A in the deadric ruin, the walkthrough says that it's supposed to be behind the statue of malacath in the lower level, but there is only tunnel acces B. So I would like to know if this is a bug or if I just svck at looking for it thanks in advance.
Leonie Connor

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:53 am

Just read the readme and found out about the "Treat as Male" mod. I Always wanted to do that! Great!
Would you at least CONSIDER incorporating an optional "Treat as male" funktion? You seem to be the right one to make it all work out :-)
Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Good luck with your job, don't let it steal all ur Morrowind time ^_^
bimsy

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:23 am

soulbrother,

I don't know if there's a reason Qarl did this or if it's just a glitch, but he named the tunnel complex in the order B, A, C, as I recall. So, yes, go through tunnel B first. I attempted to straighten this out recently by renaming the cells, but I can't remember if I included it in my latest version of the 'patch'.

Jashugan,

Thanks for the vote of confidence - all that bowing will go to my head! I'm sure I'm not the only one who could arrange for such a 'funktion', however, though it does seem logical to include it as part of the patch. I very much enjoy 'Treat as Male' myself and used it while playing the original mod. Altering it is one of those things that I'm afraid will not happen anytime soon. Sorry if that's disappointing.

But it's not a matter of CONSIDERING the option. Rather, I FULLY INTEND to incorporate the option if I can! So thanks for the suggestion and I guess stay tuned.
jesse villaneda

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence - all that bowing will go to my head! I'm sure I'm not the only one who could arrange for such a 'funktion', however, though it does seem logical to include it as part of the patch. I very much enjoy 'Treat as Male' myself and used it while playing the original mod. Altering it is one of those things that I'm afraid will not happen anytime soon. Sorry if that's disappointing.

But it's not a matter of CONSIDERING the option. Rather, I FULLY INTEND to incorporate the option if I can! So thanks for the suggestion and I guess stay tuned.

I don't know if I should do this :celebration: or this :cry: haha.
Your Mum

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind