The Unofficial Fallout 4 Thread -- What are your Thoughts?

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:25 pm

I understand both your thought on this and i don't want to turn this into a discussion on Co-Op. Were all here because we've probably sunk over 100 hours into fallout games or more and its always been a single player experience and its been awesome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I would want is the OPTION to play co-op.

Why does everyone think that if multiplayer is there, they MUST play with others??

I cant name 1 RPG that has multiplayer where you MUST play with others... where the hell does this concept of having the switch glued in the ON position come from?

I've seen co-op work so well in other games, boerderlands is the prime example of this, playing with friends and pissing yourselves laughing at the adventure and shenanigans.

But in terms of fallout I would love to be able to bring my mates along for the ride, finally someone can use that rifle/rocket launcher/flame thrower without being [censored] lol (LAN parties as mentioned would be AMAZING!!)

- my god how i wish i had a mate there to pick up all the loot after I and my companions become encumbered.

- Or if we finally have vehicles!! Mate hanging off the side spraying lead, or dropping Anti-Vehicle mines while being chased!

** sorry.......i got excited....**

Kelly James

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:00 am

That's not the concern. Folks that don't use the Multiplayer will probably still be forced to accept the multiplayer component of the game, whether they use it or not. You can't just tack it on as an option.
(This means mandatory changes to the single player game.)
This could be cool. Vehicular travel would be a welcome addition IMO. We'd finally get it back in the series.
Benji

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:53 am

Vehicles would honestly make the world feel smaller than it should be. If you want an epic car chase through a wasteland, I would recommend the upcoming Mad Max video game, which probably would have at least one race.

Rik Douglas

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:07 pm

If they can do it, why not Bethesda?
(Why not make the outer wastelands big enough to support vehicular travel? This would be quite a welcome return [IMO] to the map style closer to that of the original series.
ijohnnny

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Someone is going to have to build all of that Wasteland, and then it's going to be really empty. Why even bother going out so far from settlements? Because the magic arrow told me to. Not to mention the dangers of riding around in a nuclear powered machine with potential self-destruction from bad drivers.

Misty lt

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:34 pm

I had thought of this - let me get my solutions...
The Sandbox would have to be Huge - or make the vehicles slow, inefficient and weak with late game mechanics enabling you to buy engine upgrades or required suspension for going over rough terrain etc. (By the end of the game you have quick travel anyway so this would actually be a more fun game mechanic/addition that would also open up the option of different mission types and world events). We had vehicles in Fallout 1 2 and tactics.
Cartoon

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:27 am

First off... It's supposed to be empty... It's 'waste-land', nothing out there for tens/or hundreds of miles. FO3's problem was that its wasteland had more large predators per acre that a rain-forest.

But secondly... They wouldn't actually have to build it by hand. They could (and should IMO) proceduralize it so that the engine makes it up as needed. If there are 80 miles between two towns, then the engine generates the terrain on demand. This would work especially well with vehicles; and could return the series maps to the traditional scale, up from a mere 16x16 mile.
Dezzeh

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:52 am

Mate, there is a MOD for Fallout New Vegas that does it...
(mod is buggy and only host can save data but either way, there is your proof of concept)

so yes you can just "tack" it on with no impact to anyone.
(making it work.... well that's a different discussion)

GLOW...

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:37 am

No you cannot; and the mod is the proof ~no? At the absolute best, you get player controlled NPC; anything less than the best, is a buggy proof of concept.

Anything professional is done from the ground up, and planned from day 1; less than professional, but still good, comes with extensive gameplay, and/or content changes. You can't just tack that stuff on.
keri seymour

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Fine, "Buggy Proof" - I'll take that.............. still proof

and again, no, it doesnt require major content changes, unless theres 1 person space scenarios (which may happen) that would need to change.

i.e. 1 man escape pod. - but i doubt this would be an issue because you already have companions accounted for.

Angelina Mayo

Previous

Return to Fallout 4