if there was a hardcoe mode, how would you like it to be?

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:52 am

I really want a hardcoe mode now after reading all these :thanks:
Sanctum

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:50 pm

1) You must eat, sleep, and drink a few times a day.
2) No fast travel.
3) No level scaling.
4) Can only drink two potions an hour.
5) Health does not regenerate during combat.
6) NPCs are racist and will not serve your character or even allow you into cities based on your race. Also, if your character worships Daedra, have people react accordingly.
7) A player can only master four or five skills.
8) Diseases can't be cured at a shrine.
9) The more tired your character is, the weaker he is. Same goes for hunger and thirst, but not as bad.
10) Have more dangerous creatures (Vampires, Werewolves, ect.) roam at night.

Really, anything that would enhance roleplaying. Also, a DiD feature isn't really necessary.....cause you can enforce that yourself by deleting the file.
Reanan-Marie Olsen

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 pm

I like a lot of ideas here, and just like everyone else.. some arnt so great... so perhaps a hardcoe mode check list of options at he beginning,( 20-30 questions) a make-to-order hardcoe mode. I like most of them except for eating and drinking... I mean if it only meant I needed him to eat once a day, I could deal with it... however 3 square meals... you can count me out! :smile:

I think a checklist at he beginning of the game would be the most practical though.

P.S. I also think a watered down hardcoe mode could be fun, meaning.. lets say you play for 3-5 hours and you MUST go to sleep at a Inn to save your game.. if you dont make it to the Inn, (you die etc.. or forget to log out at the Inn) you basically lose your session time spent. Hence making starting and stopping at a Inn, a requirement. (or camp site!)
Catherine N

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 am

There's a lot of good ideas here but I would never endorse this if it messed with saves in any way, shape, or form.
Elle H

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:41 am

• Hard as nails
  • Healing over time
  • scarce with potions
  • take more damage of enemy attacks
  • Must eat,stay hydrated and sleep
  • Skills cost more stamina/Magicka to execute.
maddison

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 am

I like a lot of ideas here, and just like everyone else.. some arnt so great... so perhaps a hardcoe mode check list of options at he beginning,( 20-30 questions) a make-to-order hardcoe mode. I like most of them except for eating and drinking... I mean if it only meant I needed him to eat once a day, I could deal with it... however 3 square meals... you can count me out! :smile:

I think a checklist at he beginning of the game would be the most practical though.
I was just about to write this, a checklist is the best option, suits everyone.

I'd like to see:
- Food/water/sleep meters, with consequences as they progress.
- Areas of cold that actually affect you, if you walk through a blizzard you are slowed and take health/stamina damage.
- A temperature meter.
- Every item has weight, gold, arrows etc.
- No quest items and no essential characters, I can sort out my own game.
- Areas of the body being broken, similar to fallout.
- No fast travel.
- Only drink one/two potion at a time, which works over time (heals over time, or a marksman potion of 30% would build up to 30% over ten seconds for example).
- Options to change the difficulty damage modifiers exactly, I'd prefer to play taking 200% damage and dealing 75% damage.
- Realism option, where you and the enemy take 200-300% damage.
- Area hit zones, different areas of the body cause different staggers take more/less damage.
- Stamina costs for every melee/bow attack, for non-power attacks.
- You can only power attack when you have the required stamina, not just 1 stamina. This is the way with magic, it should be the same with melee.
- No health regeneration.
- No magicka/stamina regeneration, not one I personally would choose but others may.
Robert Garcia

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim