if there was a hardcoe mode, how would you like it to be?

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:58 am

Well if there was a hardcoe mode here is some stuff on top of my head that i'd love to see:

1)no fast traveling
2)Night time is extremely dark and more dangerous
3)must eat, drink water and sleep to survive
4)A auto save system, like dark souls, where you can't make safe saves all the time and there is only one save slot you cant control.
5)difficulty setting is fixed to the hardest setting.
6) only able to carry around 70 pounds.
7)weapons and armor need to be maintained.
8)when you die every thing is dropped and you re-spawn at near by camp sites in ragged clothes. You must get to the spot were you died to pick up you stuff before you die again or you lose everything.
9)health does not regen.
10)stamina deletes when you walk or does not regen when you are blocking.
11)No map, and limited Hud, I'd still like the cross hairs however.
12)Injuries to specific areas of the body, (like fallout)
13)cant use food in a fight to heal

well thats my wish list, what would you guys like to see if there was a hardcoe mode option?
Miguel

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:18 am

Well, they'd need to draft in someone like Jamie Jasta, and then... Owait, wrong hardcoe...
Tracey Duncan

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 am

feed companions and horses
Arrow weight
Lockpicking in real time
Bleed over-time effects
Poison does not wear off
diseases cannot be cured at a shrine
food can rot over time
more lethal alchemy effects (eating nightshade is really bad)
potions work more slowly

These are not things i like but are fitting for hardcoe mode
kirsty williams

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 am

1)no fast traveling
4)A auto save system, like dark souls, where you can't make safe saves all the time and there is only one save slot you cant control.
9)health does not regen.
I like these ones.

8)when you die every thing is dropped and you re-spawn at near by camp sites in ragged clothes. You must get to the spot were you died to pick up you stuff before you die again or you lose everything.
I don't like these ones (I would like the night time one, but really, Tamriel has two large/close moons, it wouldn't make as much sense as it does on Earth).
Rhysa Hughes

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm

My hardcoe mode is made possible by these two mods:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11163
Frostfall, the cold weather mod. Being too cold will affect your stats, cold areas are really dangerous when you're not in furs or haven't had a good hot meal. Get caught in the wilderness at night, when it's the coldest? If you're using the optional no fast travel module for this mod you'd better make a tent and a fire. This mod lets you do just that. Providing you have the materials to make those things of course...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4429
hardcoe and balance mod. Takes away everything that makes the original game easy like getting rich too fast and levelling to fast and finding epic loot/crafting materials in every chest. Makes it so you HAVE to eat, drink, and sleep. Also, all food isn't perfect. Anything that's been left out all day and week is stale and isn't as nutritious. Fresh food needs to be bought or caught, killed, and cooked (or stolen) yourself.
Alkira rose Nankivell

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:24 pm

1. No fast travel (but bring back mark and recall)
2. Running uses stamina based on carried weight. Sprinting doubles the amount of stamina loss.
3. Health only regenerate outside combat. Even then, health does not regenerate to full health if player does not sleep, drink potion or get some restoration spell.
4. Weapon and armor degrade with use (example: Exquisite -> Flawless). upgrading weapon and armor require more than one ingot.
5. Player needs to eat. Else, he will starve and start losing health (negative health and stamina regeneration).
6. No leveling. Boss enemies will always be at their highest level.
Code Affinity

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 pm

6. No leveling. Boss enemies will always be at their highest level.
Do you mean 'no levelling' or 'no level scaling'? I could definitely agree to the latter (in fact, I use a mod to make it so), but the former wouldn't be a good idea without a massive overhaul to the progression system.
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Make it Dead is Dead. So once we die, all of our saves on that character get deleted.
evelina c

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I'll take no fast travel, no POI and compass markers, darker nights, bad weather, dead is dead, body part specific injuries, diseases and afflictions affecting agility, combat, etc, etc, and etc.

However,

I really do not feel the need to have to eat, drink, sleep, clip a duece, wipe, or have to press any combination of keys and/or mouse clicks at specific times and intervals in order for me to duplicate a human bodily function.

1st Stage: "You are starting to cramp up!"

2nd Stage: "Gas is building in your abdomen!" AGILITY -1

3rd Stage: "It might be gas, it might not. Keep flexing just in case (no roullette!) and find an inn!" AGILITY -2 ENDURANCE -1 CHARISMA -1

4th Stage: "Pull over immediately and find some bushes! AGILITY + 1 (yes, plus!) ENDURANCE -2 CHARISMA -2

5th Stage: "You have died of sepsis! (and by the way, dead is dead!) By now You are wishing you had not stolen (and eaten) so many cheese wheels. A few watermelons might have prevented your catastrophic 'lock-up'. Have fun starting over!"
adam holden

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Auto saves : complex open world game, with crashes, bugs and quests that may not work correctly unless you can reload.
No fast travel : not much fun if your character gets stuck in a rock.
No map/markers : unless directions are added to the journal (which my god they should be), maybe you would never get anywhere.

Weapon degradation, why isn't it in anyway? (And no, I do not believe for a second that 'carry hammers, press button repeatedly after fighting even one rat' adds any depth, but with grindstones, workbenches and crafting materials, you have all the ingredients for a decent system of slow degradation by stages, and the need to either pick up dropped weapons or return to a town after prolonged combat).
Cold effects, yes please. At the very least a drain stamina effect in bad weather.
Weight limit reduction when swimming. Want to use that fancy new helmet of water breathing to explore that lake? Fine, but be prepared to drop a load of kit on the shore first.
Food as a necessity, but improved with flavourings. Salt, garlic, frost mirriam and the like could give no benefit to the hungry on their own, but would certainly add to the morale and feel good factor of a hot meal.
hannaH

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:34 am

Most of what you guys said and:

*Being able to set up a camp + fire

*Dark caves

*Need to use bags in order to increase carrying capacity
Ally Chimienti

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

I like these ones.

I don't like these ones (I would like the night time one, but really, Tamriel has two large/close moons, it wouldn't make as much sense as it does on Earth).

^ ---- Pretty much same here what Tiranasta said. I′d just add dead is dead like Poohunter said earlier :smile:

Edit , quote F′d up but I guess you′ll figure out
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:39 pm

I don't see any point in linking the already built-in game difficulty (enemy and player health and damage etc) directly to any possible "hardcoe mode". You already have that. I think the expression is a bit mis-leading: "Greater Immersion" would be a fairer term for what a lot of us would like to see. I would see HM/GI mode as closer to the New Vegas model:

1) You need to eat, drink and sleep. Failing to do so will cause a drop in stats.
2) You need to keep warm, or stat drop. Swimming will cause serious stat drops (less for Nords) and even death, after an couple of hours, say.
3) Arrows have weight.
4) I tend to agree with weapon and armour maintenance, but not as overboard as Oblivion where a single long battle could halve your stats.
5) Diseases and poisons have longer-lasting effects. In particular, diseases start to cause a stat drain after a few hours, rather than a single constant effect. The drain would need to be counteracted or else death would occur for at least some. However, others would cure themselves if you slept for a few hours.
6) I would not want to see Fast Travel removed, but I'd like to see a possibility of an attack whilst doing so. The carts would not be affected.

However, that said, I almost never played New Vegas in hardcoe mode.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:01 am

Another nice touch would be a slight weakness for each race. 10% or 15% weakness to frost for Argonians, weakness to magic for Altmer, Nords weak to fire to counteract the frost resistance, etc. Maybe Breton resistance makes beneficial potions only have 80% effectiveness. Fits with the idea that vanilla, race doesn't mean so much, hardcoe your choice means more.
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Yep, permadeath. Saves only work if you log out your character. You die in game your save is non-functional.
Cash n Class

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am

Yep, permadeath. Saves only work if you log out your character. You die in game your save is non-functional.
Again, that's all very well unless you died due to lag, a glitch (sometimes shouts and spells get locked out for a time with no reason), or any other reason that is no fault of yours.
Darrell Fawcett

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Well if there was a hardcoe mode here is some stuff on top of my head that i'd love to see:

1)no fast traveling
9)health does not regen.

well thats my wish list, what would you guys like to see if there was a hardcoe mode option?

1 - Agreed
2 - I don't think they'd need to do anything specific for that.
3 - Agreed
4 - Agreed
5 - Agreed
6 - Disagree. The very strongest characters should be able to carry around 100-120. Perhaps instead though, make it so that the more you carry up to that limit, the more your mobility is affect. So if you're just below your limit, you'll be slow. If you're literally carrying a small axe, a shield, and your armour, plus a few health potions, you should be fairly quick.
7 - Agreed. It's something I don't want in regular mode, but would be fair for hardcoe mode
8 - Don't agree. I'd rather just load the game up again and try again.
9 - I think it should regen through rest. Not just normally
10 - Don't agree about the walking. Agree about blocking. Holding a shield is tiring, you shouldn't be getting less tired when you do it!
11 - Should be a map, but only the main cities should be shown. You'd also have to add your own placenames. Would need a more detailed joiurnal though, so you can have the route to places described to you.
12 - Agreed
13 - Agreed.
Lucie H

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 am

Pretty much just Fallout NV's hardcoe but instead of bullet weight it could be arrow weight. And there could be an h2o meter that needed to be replenished with some lovely spiced wine or the such. Ohh and what empedocles said about the staying warm. ( i was amazed that falling into the sea of ghosts didnt do anything. i mean its freaking icy water.
Adam Kriner

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Not like FONV HC mode, that's for sure. That did not actually add anything to the game, just made it more tedious. What i like to see:

- No HP/MP regeneration.

- Equipment health divided into six bars, one per upgrade status. Example: My legendary steel sword loses its first health piece reducing it too flawless, so i have to use a steel ingot to repair it up to legendary again. Weapons cannot be broken completely only downgraded to basic.

- Arrow weight.

- Stamina regeneration is drasticly reduced while moving faster then walking pace, increasing use of horses.

- Fatigue, hunger, thirst and sleep are applied to horses. Tend him well, and he gains a bonus in stats.

- Character needs to sleep, and eating/drinking regularly confers a bonus to your stats. It is not required to eat/drink unless you want the bonus thou.

- More deadly diseases that require more then a simple cure disease poition.

- Obviously, everything would have toggles.
Ben sutton

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Basically how New Vegas did hardcoe mode. It was enough to really draw me into the game and got me to roleplay a character instead of playing a videogame but without being terrible with things like "having to pee" or "pitch black everything".
Wayne W

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 am

My hardcoe mode is made possible by these two mods:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11163
Frostfall, the cold weather mod. Being too cold will affect your stats, cold areas are really dangerous when you're not in furs or haven't had a good hot meal. Get caught in the wilderness at night, when it's the coldest? If you're using the optional no fast travel module for this mod you'd better make a tent and a fire. This mod lets you do just that. Providing you have the materials to make those things of course...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4429
hardcoe and balance mod. Takes away everything that makes the original game easy like getting rich too fast and levelling to fast and finding epic loot/crafting materials in every chest. Makes it so you HAVE to eat, drink, and sleep. Also, all food isn't perfect. Anything that's been left out all day and week is stale and isn't as nutritious. Fresh food needs to be bought or caught, killed, and cooked (or stolen) yourself.

Those are great mods. People should download these if you want a true hardcoe mode.
Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:26 am

Well, they'd need to draft in someone like Jamie Jasta, and then... Owait, wrong hardcoe...
Hatebreed?
I love YOu

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 pm

I recently installed a mod that disables health regen and guess what? The game is suddenly fun and challenging again!
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Again, that's all very well unless you died due to lag, a glitch (sometimes shouts and spells get locked out for a time with no reason), or any other reason that is no fault of yours.
Maybe a tab on hardmode before you start a new game, you can opt in or out of DiD. I personally would not like DiD.

Main things for hardcoe mode:

HP and MP don't regenerate like previous games. Hmm, just that. :P
Naughty not Nice

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Better then new vegas I hope, water should be everywhere and not cost you an arm and a leg to buy it, seriously... and it should be free from lakes and rivers but not the ocean of course.
Crystal Clarke

Next

Return to V - Skyrim