Thu'um

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:02 am

If Tiber made his thu'um school, it's obviously being tought. If only we could meet it's students.
Adam Kriner

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 pm

If Tiber made his thu'um school, it's obviously being tought. If only we could meet it's students.

Indeed.

Why the hell haven't we seen a student yet?
Music Show

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Why the hell haven't we seen a student yet?

It's Oblivion's fault it's Oblivion's fault.
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 am

I would agree that Oblivion passed up a great opportunity to explore...well, just about everything. Perhaps now we'll see another "fiery reinstatement" of sorts from the Nords, complete with their Old School voices?

___TWM

(And I hope no one takes my in-character shinanigans personally. :foodndrink: A'rantin' and ravin' comes naturally, y'know?)
nath

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:26 am

___TWM
(And I hope no one takes my in-character shinanigans personally. :foodndrink: A'rantin' and ravin' comes naturally, y'know?)

It's cool. You can't get disbarred for it here.
Makenna Nomad

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:08 pm

It's Oblivion's fault it's Oblivion's fault.

Eh, while I love the hell outta Oblivion, i guess I'll just chock it up to the developers being drunk lore-wise with that being the only reason they did that.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:55 am

Eh, while I love the hell outta Oblivion, i guess I'll just chock it up to the developers being drunk lore-wise with that being the only reason they did that.

When Redguard came out, it was a completely different way of playing the Elder Scrolls. Having recently made getting through Redguard and Daggerfall a piece-meal hobby of mine, I must say that playing Daggerfall is much better experience than the linear storyline of Redguard.

Morrowind seemed to fix that problem, and while it did not get us back to the scale of Daggerfall, TES III did allow much more player choice on character development.

Oblivion sent us backwards. While there are still some flavors from Morrowind and Daggerfall found in TES IV, there is basically no comparison. Oblivion's only claim to supremacy over what came before it is in the graphics, and I would readily trade said graphics for a return to the original characteristic that set TES games above all the others, namely nonlinear storylines, freeform character development, and a large scale world in which to foster such development.

Although many disagree with Mortazo on some of his views, I will admit to agreeing that a return to a "less bugged out version of Daggerfall" type playing style would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, that's my rant for today. And...umm......hill[consored].

___TWM
Travis

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion