Timeline Voting

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:31 am

I considered that, but I wanted to assure the most involvement possible. Maybe draw in some dormant posters or posters from ES.
Symone Velez

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:11 am

I think this is the best way, to be honest. It's not the best, but it's also not like this subform is so full of people, we don't know who is who around here when it comes to those who participate in RPs. Like Casey said, we should be clear who has intentions of participating in the Timeline, and who doesn't. Maybe in big bold red letters in the OP, it could be stated this is only for those with intentions of participating in a Timeline that consists of RPs and Fan Fiction.

Bambi

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:50 pm

:foodndrink:

Lexy Dick

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Just a quick question as I'd hate to derail or delay the voting anymore than it already has been, but what's the cutoff time for the vote? That is, when are we calling it and moving on to the next topic(s) that need to be voted upon?

In that same vein, what are we doing for ties exactly?

steve brewin

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:48 am

Not sure, figure give it another day or two. I'll keep track of who has voted and PM them when the next vote is up if they seem to have missed it. For ties I figure we'll just have another vote on it. See who changes their mind. If we're deadlocked we can try to talk it out.
NEGRO

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:34 pm

If anyone wants to help out, particularly tundrafrog and Magus as I think both of you were involved in the OP&P RP over on the ES boards, I want to work out a bit of the logistics of this. That is how we are going to try to keep things cohesive or consistent. Here's what I'm thinking and looking for input regarding...

Rules

Basic rules really, like any RP would have.

Consistent Elements

Beyond having a shared canon this is what stories should have in common so we don't see too many massive changes in theme

GMs

I like the idea of having multiple GMs, and the idea of having different RPs or FFs in the Timeline is the absolute foundation of the timeline, but that also means we need to have some system of reining in RPs of FFs that get out of hand and/or disqualifying RPs or FFs that have gotten out of hand.

I have boiler plate rules I use all the time, I have the elements I'd like to see shared between RPs and FFs, and I have a thought of how the Timeline GM idea would work, but I'd like to hear what others think. Also we should probably steal hand over fist from the ES boards if that doesn't work. Yeah it might be a long process, if we don't steal everything from those boards, but let's get a solid foundation on this. We don't have a ton of posters here and RPs haven't been lasting very long lately, so let's take our time setting this up and cross our fingers that it lasts until we get some new blood. Some fresh meat. Freeeesh meat.

GRAEME

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:20 pm

I think any RPs need to be proposed in the Official Timeline thread, so we know what they cover and during what period they take place. That way we can avoid tripping over each other by having RPs overlap too much and neglect any changes they make to the continuity.

For Fan Fics. I think there should be a main Timeline GM who should receive advanced rough draft chapters before they're made public. That way we can check them before they hit the presses so to speak. And we can be assured that for the most part they don't deviate from current Lore.

To start the groundwork no Nation RPs until a certain amount of time has passed. If We start a NRP up now with say Caesar just walking into Vegas that would make no sense what so ever. Instead we should build our way up, limiting RPs to Character. Hubs. Or maybe Faction RPs, though that might be a stretch.

Any new changes to the Establish Timeline is chronicled in the Main Timeline Thread. So as we progress through RPs we can see where we've come from and make proper changes to keep things consistent.

Fam Mughal

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Is voting still on?

1. A

2. B

3. A

Nathan Hunter

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 am

Well the basic rules that come with every RP ( no CC, no OP etc) nut also we need to add in rules about plausibility. Especially when dealing with existing factions and characters, for example after the death of Ceaser i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Romanesque flavor of the Legion would be lost and replaced with its old tribal-raider roots. If Lanius is in charge he wouldn't make Vegas the Rome Ceaser would have it, it would be much more brutal and more in line with his character.

Consistent Elements should include two things which i find lacking a lot one here, making power armor and weapons very rare. Unless it makes sense in lore, Fiends, Ven Graffss Enclave, BoS etc, than most factions should have neither or very few. This isn't to restrict people but rather makes theses weapons seems all the more bad ass when they are deployed. If only a few people have power armor, than we can really make it cool and strong without nefring it bc everyone has it.

I say after an RP/FF finishes/dies than a vote is taken if it is included or not, or if some edits are made to make it more lore friendly or simply a better story.

Toby Green

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion